Trump

Started by Vekseid, February 01, 2017, 02:59:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGlyphstone

"Orange faced man' who's got his 'pride in first place'?

Oniya

Also amusing is the fact that Bowie uses the phrase 'No droogie, don't crash here.'  Droog was taken from the conlang 'Nadsat' in A Clockwork Orange, and had been derived in that novel from the Russian word for 'friend':  друг.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Mithlomwen

It is frightening to know that this woman is speaking on behalf of Trump. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy_mF7-FkeQ
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Verasaille

Is it me or does Kellyanne look like a meth addict on withdrawal?
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Oniya

Quote from: Verasaille on February 14, 2017, 02:44:44 PM

Maybe on withdrawal, but not from meth.  No amount of makeup can disguise that.  (Of course, if you allow for latex and polycarbonate plastics...)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

gaggedLouise

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Nachtmahr

Quote from: Verasaille on February 14, 2017, 02:44:44 PM

~Await the Dawn With Her Kiss of Redemption, My Firebird!~
~You Were the Queen of the Souls of Man Before There Was the Word~

TheGlyphstone

Does make you wonder how much sleep she gets these days. Managing someone like Trump and trying to keep a positive spin on his lunacy can't be a low-maintenance job.

Nachtmahr

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on February 14, 2017, 05:01:50 PM
Does make you wonder how much sleep she gets these days. Managing someone like Trump and trying to keep a positive spin on his lunacy can't be a low-maintenance job.

If you were caring for newborn toddler triplets with wings, and caffeine running through their veins, you'd probably get more rest than she does while being Trump's nanny. So far her "Positive spins" have also mostly been outright lies and incoherent nonsense. If she's really so fatigued that she can't keep track of a simple conversation after 3-4 weeks, how is she going to keep it up for 4 years?

Every day it's some new disaster that she has to try and add a silver lining to.

Oniya

About the only adjustment I'd make to that is 'toddlers' instead of 'newborns'.  Old enough to be independently mobile, but you're still changing their diapers.

Nachtmahr

Quote from: Oniya on February 14, 2017, 05:33:06 PM
About the only adjustment I'd make to that is 'toddlers' instead of 'newborns'.  Old enough to be independently mobile, but you're still changing their diapers.

Huh.. Didn't think about that..

When you're right, you're right!

Edit: Regardless though, that has to be what it feels like. If you're a parent, just imagine having to active defend and add validity to every single thing your child said, in front of millions of people. @.@

"Yes, there are definitely monsters in closets, therefore we must invade and bomb all closets for conspiring against closet-based peace the world over."

Callie Del Noire

Mithlomwen

And then there's this little gem.....

Under a spoiler as it's rather large....

Baby, it's all I know,

Callie Del Noire

Seriously.. that man is utterly scary.. did he really say that on live TV?

I saw .. three networks on this image?

Oniya

Four networks (ABC, CBS, and FOX) and 'Meet the Press' (which is owned by NBC.)

Mithlomwen

Here's his interview on ABC on voter fraud:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9wo9DAVtko

And here's the full interview with Chris Wallace:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kn6QwCnVno
Baby, it's all I know,

Verasaille

I still think "Instant Karma" is going to get them all, one by one.  There is already been talk of impeachment. The one thing that floored me is the Republicans are not even phased by this. Most of them just keep silent and let the Administration keep on doing these things like it's perfectly fine.

There are so many laws broken now that the heads should be rolling. And no, Republicans should not be investigating Republicans, there should be a Judiciary Investigation on all the treasonous things already put out there. Foreign government interference in the election alone should make the election null and void. I am not sure I would want another year of campaigning. I am really impressed with Elizabeth Warren. Would like to see her run for President. I would back her before I would support another Hillary run. I like Bernie Sanders too.
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

gaggedLouise

Miller used to be Michelle Bachmann's press secretary and confidante, and on the campaign trail he was a frequent "warm-up speaker" for Trump. A real far-right slugger, no mistake.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Iniquitous

I dont think we are as frightened of Miller as we need to be.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/king-stephen-miller-latest-liar-bigot-team-trump-article-1.2971639

This man is seriously f'd up and him ending up where he is truly terrifies me.
Bow to the Queen; I'm the Alpha, the Omega, everything in between.

RedEve

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on February 14, 2017, 09:58:06 PM
Seriously.. that man is utterly scary.. did he really say that on live TV?

I saw .. three networks on this image?

According to the Univision piece on him, he was a creepy little racist even at the age of 14.
I guess this is what happens when such ideas go unchallenged all through young adulthood and right into his 30s.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

RedEve

Quote from: Verasaille on February 14, 2017, 10:14:09 PM
I still think "Instant Karma" is going to get them all, one by one.  There is already been talk of impeachment. The one thing that floored me is the Republicans are not even phased by this. Most of them just keep silent and let the Administration keep on doing these things like it's perfectly fine.

There are so many laws broken now that the heads should be rolling. And no, Republicans should not be investigating Republicans, there should be a Judiciary Investigation on all the treasonous things already put out there. Foreign government interference in the election alone should make the election null and void. I am not sure I would want another year of campaigning. I am really impressed with Elizabeth Warren. Would like to see her run for President. I would back her before I would support another Hillary run. I like Bernie Sanders too.

The House GOP will not act until they have been able to get through most of their agenda.
They are essentially hoping that Trump doesn't do anything so huge that they cannot ignore it in the interim.
I think the end game they are hoping for is impeachment and a palace revolution that leads to President Mike Pence.

RedEve

Quote from: Verasaille on February 14, 2017, 10:14:09 PM

Another Hillary Clinton run would be insane. I'm surprised it is even being rumored. She got a raw deal, but I'm sorry, she is now a two-time loser.

I find it interesting that some of the women who were being touted as being more palpable are already getting some sections of the left turning on them: Elizabeth Warren, but also Tulsi Gabbard.

Cassandra LeMay

For those of you interested in Miller, Rolling Stone recently interviewed him concerning the travel ban: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/trump-advisor-stephen-miller-defends-travel-ban-w464525

He managed to be pretty coherent in that interview, even if some of his arguments don't hold water on closer inspection. Perhaps TV just isn't his format.
ONs, OFFs, and writing samples | Oath of the Drake

You can not value dreams according to the odds of their becoming true.
(Sonia Sotomayor)

Teo Torriatte

Quote from: Nachtmahr on February 14, 2017, 04:26:22 PM

I actually feel kind of bad for Conway. You know how people say that presidents tend to age quickly while in the White House... well in this case Trump probably won't because I don't think he actually internalizes the burdens of the office. Conway, on the other hand, will probably be completely gray and pallid by the time his presidency is over, if she even makes it that long without resigning or getting fired.

Valerian

It looks like Puzder is no longer the nominee for Secretary of Labor.

A Capitol Hill hearing for Andrew Puzder, President Donald Trump's choice for labor secretary, is expected to be canceled Thursday as expectations grow that he will drop out, a source told CNN Wednesday afternoon.

Top Senate Republicans have urged the White House to withdraw the Puzder nomination, a senior GOP source said, adding there are four firm Republican no votes and possibly up to 12.

Puzder needs at least 50 votes to pass with the tie-breaking vote of Vice President Mike Pence, and Republicans only hold control of 52 seats.

He was a terrible choice, though considering that even DeVos made it through (if only just) this is still a bit of a surprise.  It will be interesting to see DT's reaction, first of all, and I'm also curious to see if saying no once might actually embolden some of the more moderate Republicans to say no more often.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE