Call of Cthulhu - 1920s [Ex, Bon-E, Nc-E] - Interest check

Started by mayalee, August 11, 2009, 03:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayalee

Good evening,
my name is Leonard Pencroft and the tale that I am about to disclose to you will sound like hysteric ramblings, yet its the god's truth. Last night I where on a social... event courted by the Wild Club, and this women she... She changed right in front my eyes. It was... beautiful and otherworldly and very very terrifying. No, don't go, I'm telling the truth... I'm telling the truth, why wont anyone believe me.

Ah! I am sorry to cause waiting on you, your presence here bring honor to my miserable shop. My name is Feng Lu Yon. Ah! Tell me what can I do to make you happy? Wild club? Ah unhappily, I am but a worthless well of ignorance. My tiny expertise extend only to... I see, well that is generous offer, thank you, might know something about Wild Club. I recommend asking Margaretha Wellington, she knows many thing about Wild Club.

The Wild Club Guv? Anyone off Whitechapel knows better'n to talk to strangers, Flash? A promise o' standing you say? o' good will you say? Situation is o' course always...fluid. I'll tell you where the Wild Club can be found, aye...

In short, I'm looking for six players for a Call of Cthulhu game, set around the Wild Club, a playground for the highborn, the rich and the socialites of London town and their erotic tastes.
The club in itself is simply a place where men and women of influence can enjoy simple sensual experiences.

Investigators will in short be potential members of the club and we will take it from there...

CirclMastr

Ons & offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8373.0
Statistics are like a bikini; what they reveal is significant, but what they conceal is even more important.

mayalee

There will be a system at the bottom of the characters and the game, however that system will be a black box, so the only thing that I'm interested in is your characters personality and backstory, so if you could pleas create a concept perhaps we could discuss things CirclMastr?

By the way, there is a large risk, one that I did not state in my previous post but that should be obvious by the subject letter-codes, that otherworldly entities and sex might be mixed.

CirclMastr

As long as my ons/offs are respected as to my character, I don't mind the sex.

As far as background goes... are we investigating the club on behalf of someone else, or are we trying to join for ourselves?
Statistics are like a bikini; what they reveal is significant, but what they conceal is even more important.

mayalee

Quote from: CirclMastr on August 11, 2009, 05:29:56 PM
As far as background goes... are we investigating the club on behalf of someone else, or are we trying to join for ourselves?

That is up to you, I can see openings for both in the long run as well as the short. What do you feel like?

CirclMastr

Hmm...  How about a young aristocratic sort, whose father (and father's father and so forth) is notoriously conservative and a legendary prude.  So, wanting to divorce himself of his family reputation, he seeks out the Wild Club to prove that he does have some debauchery in him.

Of course, just because he has some debauchery in him doesn't mean that he'd take to it like a duck to water.  He'd naturally have to suppress his ingrown instinct to be skittish and shy and conservative.  Once the floodgate opens, though, the hedonism can come pouring out.

mayalee

Sounds good, I will have to think a bit on this and I will return with my thoughts tomorrow (its getting rather late at my place).

But there are three things that I want you to consider, first:

How did he find the Wild Club?
Everyone at the Wild Club is initiated, it will be part of your prelude, however you should probably give it a thought. (The initiation would probably contain some sex, perhaps an orgy or some sort of public spectacle).
How does your character view persons of other classes, such as lower? higher? the other sex? foreigners?

mayalee

OK, two players in the game, four to go...

Quote from: CirclMastr on August 11, 2009, 05:41:45 PM
Hmm...  How about a young aristocratic sort, whose father (and father's father and so forth) is notoriously conservative and a legendary prude.  So, wanting to divorce himself of his family reputation, he seeks out the Wild Club to prove that he does have some debauchery in him.

Of course, just because he has some debauchery in him doesn't mean that he'd take to it like a duck to water.  He'd naturally have to suppress his ingrown instinct to be skittish and shy and conservative.  Once the floodgate opens, though, the hedonism can come pouring out.

It works thus far, however there are one consideration left, why would he jump down the rabbit hole so to speak? Why would he start investigating?

CirclMastr

Well, it depends on how the initiation and such goes, I think:

If he sees strange, otherworldly things, he'd start investigating to see what he'd gotten himself into.  After all, maybe stodgy old dad was right about things after all.

If he sees just normal people having lots of sex, he'd probably feel let down that the legendary Wild Club wasn't anything more special than that, and poke around to see if maybe they're hiding the 'real' debauchery.

Phaia

hmmm I can see tentacles and monsters with horror aspect here  :P :o ;D !!

How close to 'normal' period  [ie 1920s] did you want for the characters, one of my ideas involves an immortal anothe rthe grand neice of Sherlock Holms

Phaia

Black Rabbit

Hi, this sounds interesting and I'm a big CoC fan so a character submission if you don't mind....

Eric Carter:

At 20 years old Eric is a long way from home and a long way from Cambridge where he should be studying Gothic architecture. From a small landed family in Dartmoor, Eric's family sent him to Cambridge to get an education and perhaps learn something useful. His study of choice was architecture and engineering, developed from a childhood fascination of cathedrals and Gothic buildings. In his second year of university things took a drastic tangent when he had the fortune/misfortune of meeting Emiline Ivy. A tenacious and promiscuous young woman she initiated Eric into the Cambridge chapter of the A∴A∴ or Argenteum Astrum.

Initially this involved participation in a few on campus orgies and paganistic ceremonies. Eric has only a little idea of the occult but is fascinated enough that his studies have began looking more and more at the religious significance of building particularly masonic building. Emiline introduced him to Aleister Crowley a month ago, who absolutely rocked Eric's world. He seems to have made a good impression as Crowley offered to take Eric to Sicily and be part of the more "serious" rites he practiced there.

The catch is that Aleister has asked Eric to investigate a rival organization in London, the "Wild Club". As Eric is a relative unknown and has only limited knowledge of the occult he is Crowley's preferred choice to investigate the club and report back to him with hopefully his skin in one piece.

Chloe Milev

Felicia Cornell

19 years old, red hair cut into a fashionable bob.

From a wealthy family, raising their daughter up to be a fine, upstanding woman, bred to be advantageously wed to another influencial family.  As a rebellious young woman, she sneaks out to go "slumming" in the most casual of her fabulous wardrobe, smoke, take a nip of her father's liquor, and try to have some excitement that she hears about in news and stories.  She's even kissed her maid a few times, who also taught Felicia about touching herself in all sorts of deliciously naughty places.  Believing herself to be quite the scandal (with proper discrestion of course), she is out to experience the Wild Club, who she blindly considers to be her peers.

Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Transgirlenstein

I am interestined and will post a character this week.
Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

Phaia