Tokyo Ghoul Re: Quinxies +Accepting Still+

Started by LeSane, July 26, 2015, 05:38:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeSane

Actually you can on Team ArcAngel though you'd be human. I was going to npc the leader of the group but I can swap a few things around.
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

LeSane

Quote from: iridum248 on July 30, 2015, 09:19:56 AM
Still thinking up my character. Mmm, I kind of get the feeling this is going to be a bit of a sausagefest; It would feel slightly weird to play a female character in this one, I can't help but think.

I'll probably take Koukaku, I'd say!

edit: Very tentative images for my character. Any of the three would work, really.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8073552/000623.jpg
http://g.e-hentai.org/s/85519f5af5/675412-14
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/danceinthevampire/images/f/f6/Capitulo-02-1.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100206040904

In all honesty I'm spruced that it's gotten mostly male characters. I'm sure there will be a few female players.
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

wander

Okay, my character is coming together... I wanted to check what kind of timeline we have for the game, as in how long the Quinx have been a thing and how young I could make my character to have the procedure compared to his present age. I'm thinking he's been a Quinx for about 4 years... Is that too long though?

LeSane

Quote from: wander on July 31, 2015, 10:46:27 AM
Okay, my character is coming together... I wanted to check what kind of timeline we have for the game, as in how long the Quinx have been a thing and how young I could make my character to have the procedure compared to his present age. I'm thinking he's been a Quinx for about 4 years... Is that too long though?

Well I would assume that your character got it not to long ago. Most Quinx are somewhat new to their own powers, but I figure with a special case as your terrifyingly adorable character that can be an exception.

wander

Well, I had a look and saw that the Quinx appear in :re and atm the wiki makes it seem like they've had their abilities for maybe a few months or a year? There was I think a three year timeskip between the original series and :re, so I think four years is pushing it really as that would be by my calculations the longest the Quinx Surgery has been active, if we're sticking to the series timeline.

Tbh, the timeline for him getting it isn't too important, he can have time as an Investigator and get it at some nebulous point in that time. I'll put the sheet up for him in full tomorrow. I've worked with Amarlo to help build him up, I've made a few changes to the character, though I'm keeping those images and the general theme of him. I hope you'll like him as much as I'm proud of him finally coming to fruition. :)

Amarlo

And as you know, I sent you might sheet through email first ^^ I'll post it on the main thread once it gets approved. I'm sure you'll have a few questions here or there as not everything on the profile is entirely as it seems. I'm quite fond of narative misdirection ;) Yay mystery! But for you, LeSane, I will answer what ever questions you have - you are the GM of course!

I know wander and I are pretty excited about the potential of this game and our characters so far ^^

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

wander

If it wasn't late and such I'd post my character here now, though I know when sleep comes and goes and I have more time, I'm gonna be more proud of him. :)

Amarlo

Woot! and I've been approved! ^^

Mirue Hidayah

Basic Information
Name: Mireu Hidayah Codename(s) Cadaver, 317, 258
Height: 5’2”
Orientation: Heterosexual

CCQ Information
Kagune: Ukaku (Kakuja – eventually)
Color: Black – Midnight

Personal Information
Birthday: February 28th
Hometown: Kawasaki, Japan
Speculative Personality: Cadaver is a bit of a mystery. Very little is actually known of this ghoul except that they have a high tendency to desecrate graves and eat freshly buried corpses – thus the codename ‘Cadaver’. Investigators aren’t even really sure their perp is even a ghoul. What has been deemed of this individual by professional profilers so far is that they are very likely to be a male between the ages of 42 and 48, and have experienced a mental break roughly 25 years ago (The time frame of which these serial desecrations seemed to happen). They likely live alone and exhibit somewhat estranged behavior at work, such as ticks or random compulsions – including the possibility that they suffer from some sort of anxiety disorder such as OCD.

Personality:
Mireu is a very complicated young woman. She can come off extremely domineering and distant, and will often exhibit aggressive behavior which has long ago labeled her a delinquent. However, the woman has a very strict code of conduct and a deeply ingrained moral compass, both of which were burrowed deep into her at a young age by her late mother. Due to this she can also be very compassionate and sympathetic but rarely has anyone ever gotten close enough to figure this out for themselves. Upon first meeting her most times she comes off as the typical jokester delinquent, arrogant and overcompensating while other times she has a tendency to place a nine foot invisible pole between herself and other people. Regardless she typically keeps everyone at arm’s length, not because she has misanthropic outlook on humanity but because of a general fear of what the monster they can make her become.

Background:
Mireu was born to Michiko Yong and Javier Hadeer, a product of rape and forced imprisonment. Her father, a ghoul with the human alias Javier, sought to create a hybrid for his own devices and captured human Michiko. He kept her for several months in his basement, force feeding her both human and ghoul flesh before she escaped 5 months into her pregnancy and went into hiding. Despite the atrocities she had endured she knew that her baby was at least half human and could not even think to go so far as to kill the child so fully grown within her. However, to do this, she knew she would have to continue consuming human flesh. This was when the whole conspiracy of serial grave desecrations started, continuing even into Mireu’s adulthood.

Michiko made sure to start planting the seeds of compassion for humanity and life deep within Mireu’s young mind before she could even crawl. She taught Mireu that no matter what happened she must resist the urges her hunger causes her and that the only human she should ever feed from must be long dead and already buried in one of the many Tokyo cemeteries. It was thanks to this that even after Mireu’s mother passed away when she was only of the tender age of 11 that she continued on this path and only fed from the dead – only experiencing one or two near mistakes along the way.

Shortly after her mother’s passing, Mireu was left to fend for herself on the streets. Rather than to risk going into foster care with what she was, she knew she was more likely to be killed or imprisoned, and instead found herself grouping together with several other human orphans or runaways in what would eventually become a street gang.  Due to her unusual strength and durability it wasn’t long before she was deemed their leader, even though she was only 11 years of age. It didn’t matter that she was female because after a particularly traumatizing incident with an area pimp she chopped off all her hair and easily blended in with the rest of the boys. It wasn’t until she developed more feminine features a few years later that they actually realized their friend Mireu was actually female!

For years the group of delinquents lived together freely and happily as a surrogate family known as The 13th Ward Wani, but as with most good things it came to an abrupt and bloody end. Now 16, a particularly nasty ghoul attacked the abandoned warehouse of which housed them, drawn in by the alluring scent the hybrid Mireu gave off. Many died in the attack and while Mireu inevitably killed the beast, she did not do so without significant injury. Her second in command, a boy of which she’d crushed on since she was 12, had stayed behind and tried to help her out of the area.. But Mireu, caught up in her own base instincts and the hunger that sprung from such terrible injuries, attacked the budding young man. Now severely injured himself and pinned down, she was about to devour the boy when her meal was abruptly interrupted. An investigating team that had been tracking the ghoul she’d just killed showed up on the scene just in time to stop her, but rather than be killed in her wounded state the girl fled.

Caught up in her shame once she came to her senses, Mireu was never seen by the gang again. To this day Mireu continues to struggle with her baser instincts and the constant threat of starvation. While recently her eating habits have increased, making her somewhat sloppy. Little is known as to why this has been happening but it has certainly made it easier for the CCG to track down where she just might strike next.

Sexual On's Same as player
Sexual Off's Same as player
Relationships:
Kamono Hashi - Former crush and fellow street urchin.

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

wander

Basic Information
Name: Kamono Hashi Codename: Ahiru-Seikyu ('Duck Billed')
Height: 5'7"
Orientation: Bi, with a preference to femininity.

CCQ Information
Kagune: Rinkaku
Color: Dark blue/purple, almost black

Personal Information
Birthday: 22nd September
Hometown: Tokyo, 13th Ward

Personality:
Hoshi is a pleasant and quiet man, with a bit of dry humour about him if you catch him at the right time. Outside of investigations he hangs back and slowly learns about things around him, he has a want for exploring though he acknowledges the dangers of the city. Because of this he tends to watch the world instead, taking everything in. He is sociable for the most part and likes his independence, though takes well to a strong leader that he can respect.
He is incredibly smart, though he tends to hide his facet about himself. He likes to be underestimated, so people feel he is a less of a threat, he is capable in combat though after being injured more than one in exceptionally bad ways, he has the odd doubt in his mind... Because of this he acknowledges team-mates and likes to be social with those around him, also enjoying how spending time with others takes his mind off the dark thoughts that sometimes catch a hold of him as past regrets and sins seem to pile up in his mind.

Background
Hoshi was born to a fairly normal family, he was raised by both parents in a nice near middle-class family, with no real complaints in his formative years. It was only from the death of his mother at the age of 13 that problems began to arise. Hoshi's father never quite believed the boy was really his, even though he truly was, just looking at the pair would confirm that. However, with Hoshi's mother gone, his father felt he no longer held responsibility to the boy and so things soon got tense in home life. After some months of the pair verbally fighting and some nights where Hoshi would not return at home, eventually he never did.
This was because Hoshi had found himself associating with the 13th Ward Wani, a small band of tween street urchins. Taken in by their 12 year old leader, Hoshi began a new life through his teens on the mean streets of the Ward, including dodging Ghoul attacks to get by. As their leader developed into a beautiful young woman a few years down the road, Hoshi developed feelings for them and discovered the secret for their continued survival... Their leader was infact a Ghoul. Keeping her secret, things were pretty okay getting by until one day, Hoshi being 17 at the time, a Ghoul attacked the gang. Badly injured in the massacre, Hoshi and his beloved leader got away though he suffered grave injuries, same as the Ghoul he had fallen for.
Not believing he'd make it from bleeding out, Hoshi offered his own flesh to his leader so she could live another day. Though hesitant, as she was about to devour him, the CCG arrived on the scene, who had followed the blood-trail Hoshi left from the gang massacre. The girl he spent his summer of youth with fled and Hoshi was taken by the CCG for hospitalisation, unknowing of what occured before with the pair. CCG took an interest in Hoshi due to his knowledge of local Ghoul hotspots (mainly which places to avoid) which benefited what CCG does. When healthy again, he joined the CCG Academy, though not just to hunt down Ghouls, but also to track down the girl he lost a year before, to find out if she was still out and to be with her once more.
When Hoshi graduated and became an Investigator at the age of 20, he was given a Quinque weapon based off a Bikaku, in the shape of a sword that worked as a sort of extending blade-whip. For the next three years he hunted through Tokyo, taking down Ghouls, though he could never find the one girl he left behind in his old life. At the age of 23, after investigating a particularly powerful Ghoul, Hoshi was left horrifically maimed, because of his past injuries as a 17 year old, things looked bleak and little could be done, his death would be long and painful over days. It was only when the relatively new Quinx Surgery came to his hospital bed that things changed.
The CCG's Quinx Surgery would help him, but he would become part what he was hunting, they'd implant a Quinque into his body and be close to a One-Eyed Ghoul. Hoshi accepted, reason one being he didn't want the death he was awarded, reason two being this may be just the thing he needed to find the lady ghoul if she was still out there. He knew her being out there and hunted was his fault and he had to atone somehow. With a Rinkaku-type implanted within his body, Hoshi soon healed up and trained in the use of his new ability. He is now a member of the Quinx Squad and still on occasion uses his Bikaku blade-whip as back-up or when he doesn't want to risk his vulnerable Rinkaku until he knows an opponent's abilities.

Sexual On's Same as writer
Sexual Off's Same as writer
Relationships:
Mireu Hidayah: former crush, Hoshi was a faithful follower to Mireu in the past.

Amarlo

Looking good!

Do we need anymore people? Only four people, including LeSane, have turned in sheets right? I think that means we need two to three more people, yes? :)

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

LeSane

wander

I'll ask about to see if we can get more people.

Do we really need six altogether though?

LeSane

Bumpin for a quick announcement.

After some thought I feel that Wander is correct. The group will not be needing three more people. I will be creating the character thread, along with the occ thread.

Amarlo

But three more people would totally be happily accepted, right? :D

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

LeSane

Yes they will be happily accepted, but until then we shall have the current number. Any newer characters will be novices with their  abilities

Amarlo

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

wander

I'm glad this happening, I'm really psyched for my character and would love to write for him. :)

LeSane

The creation of both the ooc and the character sheet have been created. The IC will be done inbetween 24 to 42 hours.

LeSane

-In Character thread has been created for those already accepted.
-The game is still open and accepting willing participants.

Amarlo

Hello potential new recruits! I have been given the go ahead to recruit two to three more ghouls (Unaffiliated with CCG) to play along side my character Mireu Hidayah in a small collaborative organization. They can be of any age 16 and above, male or female and of any sexual orientation. They can have just about any background and personality but what it comes down to they are now no longer willing to live off the killing of innocent humans or ghouls.

If you are interested feel free to shoot a character sheet at LeSane. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask! Nor to pm me if you'd like help with character building, plotting or coordinating histories. That aside, it'd probably be a good idea to pm me anyways just to build out a history between your character and mine :) They can be someone that's been with them for several years or someone that's just recently joined their ranks.

I look forward to work with you!
Amarlo

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

kckolbe

Izaya, your second set of pictures is Quistis, played by Nicole Kidman, drawn into anime.  Both are sexy, the first one alternating between adorable and fucking terrifying.

Completely unfamiliar with this setting, but some fun folks here, so I wanna check it out.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Amarlo

Oh hey! You decided to check it out after! ^^ Awesome. That makes me really happy.

That aside, I don't know who's still here. I know Wander, LeSane and I are but I believe none of the others have been replying to LeSane's messages. In the ooc we're potentially plotting a rehash if you'd like to get in on that :) Same characters, just possible different premise.

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Izaya Orihara

I'm still here, just so you know. Been a bit busy/distracted lately, and I'm going to France for a bit, soon. There's no internet in that particular part of rural southern France, either.
Well, if I had to give a reason for my actions, I guess it's because I love people. I guess I wanted to see the faces that mankind has to offer.