Just a simple Question for those of you who like Rules-Based Games?

Started by National Acrobat, May 19, 2006, 07:37:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amberghylles

And such a mentor to impressionable young artists and students of the occult...  ::)

Lyria

I've played a lot of systems, mainstream, obsure, and hombrewed. My favorites change from time to time.

Right now I like Unisystem, all forms,whether its Buffy/Angel, All Flesh Must Be Eaten, Armageddon, Terra Primate, or Witchcraft. I like the simplicity of the rules, and the character creation system, and I am a huge fan of BtVS/Angel.

The system I guess I've like best over the course of the years is Champions. It allows for almost anything as far as character creation goes, and while I have loved the superhero verses I've played in, I've found it lends itself to just about any genre.
All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep 'em on a leash.           ons/offs

National Acrobat

The system I guess I've like best over the course of the years is Champions. It allows for almost anything as far as character creation goes, and while I have loved the superhero verses I've played in, I've found it lends itself to just about any genre.

Yeah, I forgot about Champions. It is very versatile, and currently some friends and I are using the system to play a Lovecraftian type-Modern Day Game. Excellent system.

RubySlippers

My favorite system is D&D 3.0 (3.5) but did play second edition. I also play RISUS which I found out about at a convention last year when I was in a pick-up game and is free off the internet, Star Trek (Last Unicorn Games) and Vampire but didn't try the new rules yet. The books are not cheap and can't afford them yet.

Probably the oldest game I play and run is Avalon Hill's POWERS & PERILS one of the most complicated rules I have ever used and character generation can take hours if your new and do a magic user.

National Acrobat

I used to have Powers and Perils.

I ended up selling it a few years ago at a yard sale, and yeah, it was very complex.

I still own Harn though, and that's right in the same vein.

Harn has terrible rules, but the absolute best supplements ever for medieval role playing in terms of sourcebooks for nations and cities.