News:

Main Menu

Falling Skies thread

Started by Frelance, July 04, 2014, 12:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frelance

So its back and with the new developements in the show I want to see what everyone else thinks about the show and how they stared this season.
Evolution is an arms race

Inkidu

I'm kind of finding the Nazi allegory a little... from left field. Mainly because it seems the writers are really juggling the Fish-Heads motivations and strategies to some pretty far-out extremes.

Still like the show though.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Frelance

Ya the Nazi education camps are a bit much. I like what they have done with the prison camps. If the education.camps did not look like they whrre taken from a history book I think it the idea would be better. I am interested to see if the greater threat that the fish heads are talking about is real or not. Also its interesting to see that the volm have left only a few recon units on the planet.

Inkidu

Well, I guess it kind of comes back to center when the reeducation camps are basically to soften them up for some kind of process. :|

The Lexi thing is a bit disconcerting too. There's about three plots going on right now if you don't count aliens. It's early though so time will tell how they weave.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Frelance

I find it interesting that the Fish-Heads have stopped just wiping humans out and are not looking to make them into an army even more than they were before with the skitters.

I am very interested to see what happens with Lexi. I want to believe that she will not ally with the Fish-Heads but it would make a really good story if she did for a time I think.

Just from the trailers my guess is that the Mason family will be reunited within a few episodes or at least will start to find each other. There is a part in the trailer where Lexi says "Hi Daddy" so I am assuming that she will meet up with him and my guess is it will not take to long for that to happen.

makeherbellyswell

Great show. Interesting to see whether Lexi can stay half human or let her alien side completely overwhelm her. We've already seen that she can't always control it.

Mathim

I binge-watched the first season and, it just didn't grab me. I know it had potential but it just wasn't rubbing me the right way.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Inkidu

The Lexi thing doesn't really interest me all that much even with fish-head A and B seemingly going at one another. I honestly think they're lying about some greater threat. It'd sort of be cliche so I'm expecting the subversion.

Inkidu

Okay so I have to say:

Big Spoilers
I hate hate hate hate Lexi Mason. What a hypocritical bitch! Someone needs to pick her off with a sniper rifle.