Horrors of the East (Recruitment Poster)

Started by swordwind, November 30, 2010, 11:08:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swordwind

Horrors of the East

Within the town of Warshak, an old town on the outskirts of the kingdom of Ryle, trouble is brewing. It seems that random sightings of undead have been reported. These once living souls have begun creeping into the outlying areas of the town. The call for help has been sent, and the town is in dire need of help.

• I'm looking for about 4 people to play in this game. Yes four brave souls that will attempt to walk into the story I will be creating and attempt to live though it to tell the tale. Based on interest I'll start to forge something worthy of all our time, I just need some kindling, yes that means you, and you, to start up this fire.

A few things I've noticed, and a few things I would like to lay down here. I enjoy realism, not to the point where a twig will kill you of course, but the fact that a knife, in the right hands, is just as deadly as a sword, makes me pleased. So what we will have here is a healthy dose of high fantasy, mixed in with some bits of realism, mainly all I ask for you is to allow me the chance to tale this tale and you get to watch what unfolds.

But first I need to ask, what seems to be preferred here? Free form or stat base? Based on a general vote on what would please the crowd more I'll roll with. Otherwise I look forwards to the replies.

QuoteCharacter Creation Sheet (Like I would forget about this...)

Name:
Weight:
Appearance:
Profession:
Skills:
Background:
Perks:
Quirks:

BlueEyedBard

Hello, count me interested.

Personally I'm for of Free Form, but I have not done another form so I would be willing to learn.
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

swordwind

Toss a twig on the flames then, I've some interest. Glad to see it. Based on your only reply, atm, I think I may drift towards DnD over free-form. Main reason being that people wish to see and make something tangible, but I'm not making any choice till more happen to show up here. So for now, thanks for the interest, more information will start to pour out here at some point in time. Till then do you have any questions? 

BlueEyedBard

"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

Revenent

Interest here as well. I'm much for free form myself, but I'm not exactly above trying a new system as long as the stats and "gameplay" don't override the importance of the characters and the story.

swordwind

The time frame would be fantasy of course. As that is an area of time that I enjoy most. As for character design I'm not looking for someone that is like a god, more like a normal person with abilities that is their. In that area for reason X or reason Z. No worries about after the character is made. I'll be here to support you. Glad to see that their is some continued interest. Even thou it is kinda days later.

Mayna

Hi, i'm interested if you get this off the ground. :). Let me know when you want characters :)

swordwind

Oh good, more interest. Well for characters I'll accept any applications asap. I'll bat around the ideas a bit and then once we settled on something we can work it on from their. As for the character itself the only thing I want to have is a overall good mentality, they can still be badish, but overall, at the end of the day, they are good. If you have to question that well you can toss me a PM. Other then that. Please create away.