Build a world with me

Started by GloomCookie, October 01, 2010, 07:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GloomCookie

Hey.  So, since few people seemed interested in me last time, let me tell you what I'd like.  Pull up a chair while I explain.  *Poofs a chair into existence for you*

Ok, I'll explain what I'm looking for, and you're going to sit there like a good little (boy/girl/it) and listen, and maybe offer criticism.

I build worlds.  Not literally you twit, I mean figuratively, with words.  It's a slow and detailed process that usually involves lots of caffine and headaches *cuddles her ibuprofen* anyway, when I build a world, I want it to be one that we explore together.  Problem is, I'm eager to see the world I create merged with the world you create.

*sips coffee* aaahhh that's better.  Ok, so I want my own little world, but I want part of it to be yours too.  What's this mean for RP?  It means that I want more than just a response to what I do, I want to know a bit more about what makes the decision.  Do you avoid strip clubs because of your mum, do you avoid them because of bad experiances?  Or are you a good little boy with his hair all slick and parted perfectly down the middle by mommy?  Anyway, moving on *swats mental images away*

So where do you come in?  Simple.  I want to build a new world, and I'm eager to see what we can both bring to the table.  I'd prefer a modernish sci-fi, if that makes sense.  I don't want strictly hard sci-fi, meaning I need to put two full years of calculus to work figuring out where we are in relation to object C while object F's gravitational field fluctuates by x amount.  *rubs head just imagining the problem* ow.  Anyway.

What you need at the very least: BRAINS!  Even if we choose a pretty standard world, don't go with the standard cliches just because they're nice and convenient.  Give me a story, put that grey matter to work for you and me both.  I'll abandon a scene if it's not thought out, so give me something to work with.  And my most important rule evar!  Have fun!  If we don't mesh, don't drag it on until you resent me just because you don't want to continue.  Let me know and we can either fix it, or go our seperate ways.

So, I'm waiting to see what you bring to the game, and in the meantime, enjoy some coffee.

My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

GloomCookie

A few more detailed plot ideas while I'm going.  I'm looking to be the victim in these, not the bad guy.

Fighting the Law Working as a criminal defense lawyer is hard work.  Several cases at once, each of them requiring full attention while the DA gets their higher paid lawyers to focus on only one case at a time.  For Jessica, it's a living, until late one night she has a run in with a cop.  The cop isn't happy that she got a client off after shooting the officer's partner, and is going to make sure she never lets the same mistake happen again.

Club X Famous for its outrageous parties and amazing atmosphere, Club X is the only place most women want to be on Friday and Saturday night.  Most of the club is the standard affair, with a dance floor and bar and tables for people to relax.  But behind the scenes, Club X hosts parties for people of more... specific tastes.  With so many hot girls roaming around with alcohol flowing, it's not that hard to make one or two disappear.

New and Interesting Species Becoming an officer in the Royal Star Navy was a hard but rewarding choice for the young lieutenant, and she was eager to report for her first assignment on the road to Command.  They assaigned her to an old destroyer shipping off for the frontier on a border patrol, and she was bright eyed reporting aboard.  But the crew isn't quite as eager, and lots of rules are getting bent.  And rumors are spreading that the captain isn't a fan of the Star Navy anymore.  What has she gotten herself into?

Investigations Being a sheriff deputy in a sleepy little town isn't the hardest job ever, and the biggest complaint is loud music or rowdy teenagers.  The only exciting thing around is the old (Hospital/Amusement Park/etc) where occasionally teenagers like to disappear to explore each others bodies.  But when teens start disappearing, and all the signs point to this abandoned place, it's up to a certain deputy to find out what's going on.
My DeviantArt

Subltlepsycho

I am also a builder. If your world needs a graveyard, I've got it covered because there's nothing like a trail of dead bodies to add more character to a place. I also specialize in building pyramids and galaxies.
Scabs are great sources of iron.

GloomCookie

Quote from: Subltlepsycho on October 05, 2010, 01:39:05 PM
I am also a builder. If your world needs a graveyard, I've got it covered because there's nothing like a trail of dead bodies to add more character to a place. I also specialize in building pyramids and galaxies.

Build me a plate of cookies and we'll talk.
My DeviantArt

Subltlepsycho

Fine, but it doesn't make you special.  :P

With a wave of his magician's wand Subltlepsycho creates a pyramid of cookies on a plate. There are different varieties to choose from such as oatmeal, chocolate chunk, white chocolate with macadamian nut, shortbread, sugar, rasin, snickerdoodle, gingerbread, butter, peanutbutter, cowboy, gingersnaps, meringue, and molasses.
Scabs are great sources of iron.