So now that TOR is FTP...

Started by Braioch, November 15, 2012, 08:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moraline

Quote from: KaylaM on December 09, 2012, 05:45:12 AM
I'm going to hazard a guess that nobody tried the F2P or stuck around if they did. Wouldn't blame ya

I went back and was surprised to see Ebon Hawk had a little life in it.

I didn't actually see anyone role playing though.

I still have it installed but haven't been back to play since I checked it out.

Silverfyre

You must not be hitting up the Fleet that much then.  There is usually a good deal of RP going on in the cantina areas and I even found some RP guilds having events on Tatooine.

Moraline

Fleet is where I went first and stood for a couple hours.

I'm sure if I went during primetime and everyday I'd run into people but I just didn't put the effort into it.

I don't know anyone playing any more and it gets boring sitting around or dancing by myself for hours on end. The actual game pve itself bores me too much to occupy my time otherwise.

Besides, I like to do adult(xxx) role playing and it takes a long time to try and find other adult players. I like my MMORGP role play the same as I like my Forum RP(see my O/O's for details.)

Silverfyre

Oh, I agree with you that at times, the fleet is absolutely dead.  I've seen most RP happening around the later parts of the evening and into the morning, at least at that location.  I wouldn't be completely disheartened by it though if you are truly interested in the game.  There is also a good resource and forums site for TOR RP you might find useful:

http://swtor-rp.com/

I'm also an adult RPer, so I know just what you mean.  I dig role playing relationships between characters and the like.

Moraline

I just want to role play. I know the site you speak of, I used to be very active there but it's strictly non-adult. There's also a distinct and distasteful hostility towards anyone that likes a little adult subject matter in their RP. Not to mention the rampant lore elitism.

TheGlyphstone

Aiden

Force sensitivity does not pass genetically right? You are either born a force user or you aren't?

That is what made me roll my eyes when I saw players roll the great great (X times here) grandfather of (canon) characters here.

Silverfyre

I mostly use that site for checking out a few of the flavor articles and there are some decent folks on the forums but otherwise, yeah, it can be pushy and disdainful at times. 

I'm with you, Moraline.  My favorite experiences with MMO Rping have been with people who enjoyed adult RP.  Hell, it made me stick around WoW for three years.  For me, that's saying something.

Braioch

The Secret World trial ran out...and my computer's CPU was too wittle for it anyways -shame face-

Ahh well, back to DC universe online and ToR

...what sides does everyone play as?
I'm also on Discord (like, all the time), so feel free to ask about that if you want

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Chris Brady

DCUO Hero  US PC Server

SWTOR Imperial Bounty Hunter...  Well I have one of every class except Sage/Inquisitor.  Ebon Hawk server.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Braioch

I'm still fiddling with the classes at the moment, haven't really decided what to focus on...

And deciding if I want to get off of FTP
I'm also on Discord (like, all the time), so feel free to ask about that if you want

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Chris Brady

I'm full sub with TOR.  It's Star Wars, and I LOVE it.  Not to mention being a huge fan of Bioware's vision of the setting.  I find it's worth it.  TO ME.  Most here would likely disagree.

They are most welcome to. :)
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Braioch

Yeah, I'll probably just subscribe and get it over with, in the meantime I'll play with some classes to see what I like on each side.

Hmmm, I do like Sith Inquisitor, but I dun like the fact that it's either stealth or heals, considered so by the games standards anyways. As for the Alliance side, Smuggler might be interesting to try.

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Silverfyre

Alliance side?! /smack

Republic, yo.  Republic.

Sith Sorcerer is all about the crazy lightning too!  I highly recommend trying out the Lightning skill tree as it is just purple DPS fun.  Good survivability too while leveling.

Braioch

-Dodges and crawls atop Silvers head, curling into ball-

I am tired, thus the brain is not so thinky well.

I will have to try that, I do enjoy a good bit of torture ::)

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

TheGlyphstone

I has a massive sad. I knew my subscription was ending yesterday, and I had a ton of money, so I liquidated everything disposable I owned on the market to try and get the Rocket Boots II legacy unlock. I had enough money to do it, but when I logged back in an hour later, I'd gone FTP and now had 1million+ in escrow.

Silverfyre

I bet they will offer a Cartel Market item to expand or remove the credit limit in a month or so.

TheGlyphstone

The part I'm most upset about is that they want money for me to be able to hide my head slot. Now I know what they designed all those butt-ugly helmets/hats, it was insidious planning for now.

Silverfyre

Heh, I don't doubt it! I went F2P this weekend to see what it is like and to save a little cash but I'm not that impressed.  It's like they have limited every part of the UI they could think of as well as most of the core mechanics of the game.  I mean really, increased pricing from the vendors and reduced experience point gain? 

SinXAzgard21

Yeah, Bio is punishing non subscribers.  I see the game completely dying out soon.  I honestly want to test out the secret world but am iffy on that game as well. 
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Funguy81

I'm enjoying the hell out of the game and I have no intention of stopping my subscription.

Though to be honest, how is Bioware punishing non-subscribers? I know its limited, but you get to play the game for free. It how the saying goes, "you get what you pay for."  I'm not trying to be mean about it, but bioware is going for this payment model because they know it doesn't have the number of players like say World of Warcraft.

It works with other MMORPG games where you get to play for free, and as you get into it..you will want more access to it. So you pay for small things here and there.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Funguy81 on December 10, 2012, 07:55:41 PM
I'm enjoying the hell out of the game and I have no intention of stopping my subscription.

Though to be honest, how is Bioware punishing non-subscribers? I know its limited, but you get to play the game for free. It how the saying goes, "you get what you pay for."  I'm not trying to be mean about it, but bioware is going for this payment model because they know it doesn't have the number of players like say World of Warcraft.

It works with other MMORPG games where you get to play for free, and as you get into it..you will want more access to it. So you pay for small things here and there.

You get the class story lines for free.  Everything else you have to fork out money for, unless you are okay with limited access to pvp, instances, raids oh and what gear you can equip.  Also with the UI limitations, storage and access to the trading post in game. 
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Silverfyre

They are punishing the former subscribers who have shelled out full price for this game since launch.  You'd think we'd get a bit more than a shrug and two extra quick bars.  I don't want it for free but a lot of people paid for this game and are now so tired of very little content that they just want to play on the F2P plan.  You definitely get what you paid for with this one.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Silverfyre on December 10, 2012, 08:22:05 PM
They are punishing the former subscribers who have shelled out full price for this game since launch.  You'd think we'd get a bit more than a shrug and two extra quick bars.  I don't want it for free but a lot of people paid for this game and are now so tired of very little content that they just want to play on the F2P plan.  You definitely get what you paid for with this one.

Let's be fair, it's a shrug, two quick bars, and a small heap of Bioware Bucks that will buy you back about 20-30% of the stuff you had...assuming you were lucky/smart enough to be an active customer at the exact moment FTP began, otherwise to hell with you. The Bioware Bucks to Cash ratio is obscene.

Silverfyre

It is and it makes me weary about the future of the game.  I really wonder how much longer it will last before EA goes "Hhaha! We got your money!" and pulls all support for the game.