News:

Main Menu

Save the Seeker!!

Started by Scarlette, April 30, 2010, 01:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scarlette

Okay so it seems that Legend of the Seeker is about to be cancelled!!!

EMERGENCY! LEGEND OF THE SEEKER CANCELED! It's not to late to save our seeker!

Please lets do everything we can to stop this madness!!!

Some Good links:

The Petition!!

The Renewal Warwagon!! Jump on!!

The Seeker Flag project!!

Within these can be found many other useful links and email adresses!!!
((Ready for a comeback!!!))
Ons/Offs

Scarlet stains my mind
Scarlet stains my heart
Scarlet so deep and red
It has turned them black and dark

RubySlippers

So, it started out well but was just losing steam it may be good it goes out this season with some dignity.

It had a better run than Firefly.

Paladin

Yes this is true. It was a good series but even I saw it losing steam. I say let it die with dignity instead of trying to push it more seasons and hving it turn into a crappy show.

the taken

I liked the first book this TV series was base off of. Then I read a whole bunch more cause I had nothing better to do, though there were a couple more awesome moments.

If they made a statue that destroys communism, then the series has jumped the shark and can be finished. Otherwise, the series needs to jump that shark!

HockeyGod

Total bummer. I bought the first season on DVD.

Doomsday

I saw a few episodes. Didn't really like it, especially considering I read all 11 Wizard's Rules books.

Rider of Wind

Yeah, it's impossible for them to find people that would match the characters built up in my head after 11 books of epicness.
Not currently taking new roleplays.
Rider's A/A's Update 10-20-14~ O/O's
Posting rate: On Hiatus until June 2nd.

Saerrael

I read both all the books and followed the series (with an open mind) and can honestly say it started rather strong but shouldn't be continued.
The first season was clearly the most powerful. Even if you keep having 'wtf?!?' moments due to your mind going back to the books unintentionaly.
Halfway the second season, though, I found they were clearly running out of steam. It wasn't 'new' enough anymore. Nor did they really have things left to draw from.
Maybe it's because they messed too much with the original story and they wrote themselves into a corner. I don't know.

Inkidu

Can't say I'm sad to see it go personally. >,>
There was obviously a lot more enjoyment in it for those who hadn't read the books.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Scarlette

Really? I read the books and STILL love the show :) There were issues with the storyline not following the book yes but you also have to consider that in a TV show each episode has to have a beginning middle and end for one thing and be it's own stand alone story in essence. It makes converting books to a TV show a hard process. Technically nothing will be able to so closely do the books justice except an exceptionally long mini series.

I love the books for what they are and I love the show for what IT is.... :)
((Ready for a comeback!!!))
Ons/Offs

Scarlet stains my mind
Scarlet stains my heart
Scarlet so deep and red
It has turned them black and dark