Crashlanded

Started by RedEve, January 30, 2013, 12:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frelance

haha, ya.

I am enjoying toying with the idea of only a few mega corperations running things. It will be interesting to see how that style of control effects the way the crew decided to apart to this new world.
Evolution is an arms race

RedEve

Quote from: Chrystal on February 10, 2013, 06:08:09 PM
Heh...

I certainly wasn't thinking the D/S element would be the overall influence. If it were, I probably wouldn't have made a submissive character! I was hoping that there might actually be some mystery element to the whole thing. Not wanting to pre-emp the GM, but something like the invading aliens getting treated as gods initially and then slowly the normal people realising that the aliens are actually just people too, and maybe plotting their down-fall, just in time for the invaders' reinforcements to show up...
There will be no reinforcements, that is key to the game.
Basically the crashed crew only has each other and their superior technology to fall back on.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Frelance

The handful of corporations, can we assume that each one controls one of two base resource or service? With  Galaxy Corps controlling defense and exploration while the other another controls agriculture, one for services and productions and so on.

RedEve

Quote from: Frelance on February 11, 2013, 01:40:03 AM
The handful of corporations, can we assume that each one controls one of two base resource or service? With  Galaxy Corps controlling defense and exploration while the other another controls agriculture, one for services and productions and so on.

Yes, that is what I more or less had in mind.

SargentToughie

You never answered my questions about having multiple characters.
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

Frelance

Quote from: RedEve on February 11, 2013, 02:19:47 AM
Yes, that is what I more or less had in mind.
Sweet, that sounds like it can be a great breeding ground for a dystopian settings on some of the worlds and it works perfectly for what I have in mind for my character.

Chrystal

Quote from: SargentToughie on February 11, 2013, 02:24:07 AM

Submit both characters to RedEve and see what she says?

If you submit them in the same post, there can be no confusion!

There is one big drawback to having two characters in the same RP - interaction with yourself. Either you have to allow for the possibility that your two characters will come in contact with each other, or you need to have a really good reason why they don't!

On the D/S side of things, I can see a very interesting conflict arising - and I'm tempted to create another Kamari character to make the point:

The kamari are at the sort of tech level that Rome was at in the first century AD, which means they are a slave culture. Seriously, I cannot see a world like that being a world of submissives! Some of the Kamari will be dominant!

Equally, human nature being what it is, and military hierarchy being what it is, there may well be submissives among the humans, who aren't going to suddenly turn dominant just because they are on a technologically inferior world...

Eve, babe, watch out for a human char sheet from me in a bit! *giggles*

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

RedEve

Quote from: SargentToughie on February 11, 2013, 02:24:07 AM
Send me the character concepts.

Chrystal

And here's my human...just for contrast...

Name: Alison Jones
Role on the ship: Ship's cook (hence the white uniform)
Biography: Alison always loved cooking, even from an early age, but on her home world there was very little call for a professional cook. She applied to the Galaxy Corps, for a role of ships cook and was amazed to be accepted.

Alison is not a weak person, but she has very little self esteem. She is at the bottom of the ladder of the ship's hierarchy and likely to stay there. Fortunately for her she is a very good cook and can make the most amazing dishes out of the most basic ingredients. When asked how she does it, she just shrugs and smiles shyly.

She is shy and reserved, and is a lesbian, which is the one thing she will stand up for herself over, other than her galley. In her galley or kitchen, she is Queen and even the Captain must defer to her while she is cooking, she will not tolerate people sneaking tastes and has on more than one occasion come close to chopping a finger off, even with officers who try it!

In her galley, everything is kept in it's place at all times, and she always knows where everything is. This contrasts totally with her cabin, which is total chaos, and reflects the contrast between her private and public selves.

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

RedEve

Name: Jacqueline “Jack” Moreau
Role on the ship: Jacqueline is a member of the small ground warfare unit that is embedded amongst the starship crew. They provide security for first contact situations, carry out covert sabotage missions when necessary and generally provide support in her capacity as the on-board expert on small unit tactics.
Biography: Jacqueline joined Galaxy Corps out of necessity as they were the only company hiring on her colony, so beggars could not be choosers. Had she not joined up with them, her alternative ‘career choices’ would have been either selling her body or distributing the most popular local drug, Dreamsugar. Having seen the misery that both choices had heaped upon people close to her, she jumped at the opportunity to do whatever job Galaxy Corps might have for her. Their standardized aptitude tests identified her as a prime candidate for a command position. After six months of basic training, she enrolled in their infantry Officer program. Another 18 months later, she got her first command in the field. For the next decade, “Jack” served on half a dozen different ships and fought in battles and skirmishes in nearly 30 different planets and moons. She has ‘enjoyed’ three bonuses for injuries sustained during conflict. Her being reassigned to the Neriglissar was a punishment of sorts after an operation she lead went terribly wrong. Not only was the mission objective not carried out, she had lost nearly her entire squad in the process. Only her spotless record up to that point stopped her from being fired on the spot. Instead she was demoted to Sergeant and put on Kaufman’s ship; his mission patrolling the rim worlds meant that any further embarrassment she might cause would happen on some backwater world, with no risk of the news leaking back to the core colonies.

Frelance

RedEve do you know what movie that shot of Jack is from?

RedEve

Quote from: Frelance on February 11, 2013, 01:02:33 PM
RedEve do you know what movie that shot of Jack is from?
She is the female lead in the upcoming Die Hard movie.

Frelance

Quote from: RedEve on February 11, 2013, 01:12:25 PM
She is the female lead in the upcoming Die Hard movie.
Alright thanks :)

Prince Truhan

Name: Iago Herald

Role on the ship: Second in command aboard the ship

Biography: Iago started his military career as young as he could, all he wished for back then was to leave his house and achieve things for himself. As soon as he was in the Galaxy Corps he found himself despising authority, not because he minded so much being told what to do, but more because he felt he should be the one giving the orders. He is smart enough to keep such thoughts to himself knowing they would only give him trouble.

He has risen in the ranks, even if too slowly for his taste, he does his best to do a good job, mostly because he is always craving a higher position and knows he isn't there yet. His aptitude tests are ambivalent because they show his drive, smarts and ambition, however they also raise some of his mental issues.

He has participated in several missions some successful and some failed, and as a consequence has seen several areas of space, still the universe is too big for anyone to consider they know a lot about it. He has a small scar on the left side of his neck caused by a bullet during a skirmish.

He keeps hidden that in one of the few missions he was allowed to lead, he let some of his men die in order to complete his objective. The company didn't ask much, the mission was successful and grunts are cheap, however most people would have an issue serving under such a man.

He hopes that being second in command at the Neriglissar is the last assignment he has to carry out before being the one in command of at least in the ship he is in.

Chrystal

*giggles* Always the bridesmaid, never the bride, hey, Truhan?

You were born to be second in command material...

*hugs* Just teasing!

Prince Truhan

*hugs back*

Oh, I know you are teasing.

I could never be in charge in Mars

Deathnote

Name: Rick 'Rocky' Yang

Role on the ship: Operations Officer / Assistant Engineer (also a Hacker)

Biography: Before joining the Galaxy Corps, Rick was a well-known hacker who caused all kinds of mayhem.  Well... "Rocky" was a well-known hacker, anyway.  No one actually knew Rocky's real name or face until the day he was caught by Galaxy Corps' tech-security experts.  They confronted him about his past criminal activities, especially the ones involving vandalism of Galaxy Corps' main HQ.  Instead of having him arrested, they decided to make use of his abilities.  After being given the opportunity to do so, Rocky took cyberwarfare to a whole new level.  He always took sadistic pleasure in being able to take complete control over enemy ships and rendering them helpless.  He has no problems following orders as long as he gets to have his usual bit of fun.  He was eventually able to rise up to his current rank.  During the course of his military career, he was hit hard with an explosion caused by enemy torpedoes.  As a result, he lost his right arm and his left eye, which were replaced with cybernetic hardware.  He had essentially become a cyborg.

RedEve

Please give a warm welcome to our co-GM, Chrystal! :)

Chrystal

*takes a bow*

Thank you thank you.

*Holds up hand* I do solomly swear to fulfill the duties of etc etc ... Drinks are on me...

*produces various bottles*

Prince Truhan

MagicalPen

I was going to create a Marine...a Captain in fact...but don't want to tread on any toes.

RedEves profile has her as leading the Marines on board, but only as a LT...I would think at least a Captain would be involved?

If having a Captain of the Marines won't work, let me know and i'll do something else.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Prince Truhan

The captain is the npc Redeve posted before this one

RabbitJanitor

I think me and Frelance have the engineering department under control.

Frelance

Quote from: RabbitJanitor on February 11, 2013, 07:30:01 PM
I think me and Frelance have the engineering department under control.

Ya I am just adding a bit more detail to the CSs RedEve has already seen but I have to agree with RabbitJanitor.

Deathnote

Hmm... maybe I should just remove that "Assistant Engineer" part from my character's role, then.  Unless you don't think it matters all that much, since he's supposed to primarily be the Operations Officer anyway.  I was thinking that he'd be knowledgeable enough about Engineering to be an extra pair of hands for the Engineering team, if necessary.