Space Western (Romance/Action/Adventure)

Started by Darthvegeta800, December 12, 2008, 01:43:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darthvegeta800

The setting is as one can assume by the title a futuristic/anachronistic Scifi Western.
Humanity has conquered a good portion of space and has reached great heights.
However it is only the center that has reached a wealth and power unsurpassed.
The Great Civil War has ended for a while now but it's scars run deep after over a century of intense warfare.
The democratic Star Union defeated the Fascist and Seperatist Confederacy of Colonies but only just.
Great generals and experienced military forces stood on the side of the Confederacy but the unbridled wealth, capitalism and greater manpower of the Star Union finally crushed it's enemies.
Many of the mercenaries and soldiers of the Confederacy now linger embittered in the Rimworlds and colonies, trying to careve a peaceful life out for themselves.
However the regained stability and peace is deceptive as the impact of the Civil War and unbridled corruption is slowly eating away the heart and soul of the Star Union, spelling trouble for the future.
Furthermore the Star Union is far less 'democratic' than it claims to be and even downright hypocrite regarding it's economical exploitation of large portions of the population.

Technology is a mix of old and new. There are rifles, machineguns and pistols. Rapiers and daggers made of new and durable alloys have been made. Spacetravel is relatively widespread but far from sleek and polished.
The tanks, spaceships and the likes still use missiles and projectileweapons. Spacecombat tends to be slow and chaotic when done en masse.
Plasma, Clean Nuclear Energy, Solar Energy and diverse other systems are implemented. Technological progress continues however it is erratic in implementation and unprofitable in some reasons.
Vital miningcolonies and farmingcolonies are crucial for the survival of humanity. Ironically the wealthy central worlds are highly dependant of the hundreds if not thousands of colonies scattered throughout space for it's food and materials.

It is here that the HEROINE comes in. She's a succesfull Star Marshall and is tracking down a faction of highly wanted pirates and smugglers. For with the grip of the Star Union faltering, the local authorities and the Star Marshalls are growing more and more important. Possessing special authority and privileges she is becoming more and more isolated from the homeworld of Terra.
As more and more systems become destabilized and banditry, space piracy and the smuggling of highly illegal goods becomes fact, the looming threat of a resurging Conferacy looms at the horizon.
The Star Marshall is idealistic and dedicated but will soon become more and more confronted with the harsh realities of past, present and future.
As the embittered Confederates are abused and have their own side of the story to tell.
When the time comes, her fellow operatives are killed and she alone stands in the way of a rising Warlord and the troubles ahead. Only one man is around that could help her protect the innocents and accomplish her mission.

The man, named Mikhail is well known for his tactical savy, cold ruthlessness and fast gunslinging.
However he is a former mercenary and confederate, bitter and vengeful he cares little for the heroines ideals and to make matters worse, the Lieutenant Commander belonged to a Special Unit called the Dire Wolves.
These are the men and women who killed her father, a captain of the Star Union and her mother, a famous Star Marshall.

The plot and setting are open for discussion, as is any adult content that may pop up. Given the setting the heroine is more likely to be rather flawed herself possibly being liberal for example with alcohol or suffering bouts of depression to state two examples.

Silvarusc

I read 'space western' and my mind immediately jumped to Firefly, lol.  But we've almost already got a play started anyway.

Ever seen Firefly?
I'm not up for any new roleplays.  Please don't pester me for them.

Off 'n' On | Old RPs

playfullchick76

it reminds me of firefly as well, which i loved.

Darthvegeta800

Yeah i'm starting it on another forum. Though alternative plots are always acceptable.
I like anachronistic settings.
I also noticed a lot of women seemed to have liked Firefly. I saw a few eps of it but never really followed it unlike my mother.

Silvarusc

Heh heh, that's the reason it got cancelled - the show was meant to target younger adult males, and ended up being a hit with girls instead.  Wasn't the market the network wanted, so they shut it off.  So I've heard, at any rate.

Off 'n' On | Old RPs

Darthvegeta800

Aah Lynda, a friend of mine told me it was shut down due to mistakes on the part of the channel. Something about airing in the wrong order and not realizing it was popular.
The Serenity movie came later after massive outrage among the fans.

Silvarusc

Yes.  The whole thing was a bit of a mess up.  Too bad, as well - it was a good show.

Anyhow, I should be home for the rest of the night, and I've actually signed into MSN and YIM if you wish to discuss the rp we're trying to start there.

Off 'n' On | Old RPs

Darthvegeta800

Silvarusc

Off 'n' On | Old RPs

Darthvegeta800

Silvarusc

I've added you via my old email address...and I'm reading you as online.  Not getting any response from IM's, though, I have a feeling they aren't making it to you.

Off 'n' On | Old RPs

Darthvegeta800

Quote from: Seren Fey on December 13, 2008, 11:59:38 AM
I've added you via my old email address...and I'm reading you as online.  Not getting any response from IM's, though, I have a feeling they aren't making it to you.

On MSN i got them and replied but you're not getting mine.

playfullchick76

i ordered the complete series after watching serenity. im still hopefull that it will be brought back for a second season. it had charsima, character and style.

Darthvegeta800

From what little i saw, the mercenary seemed the most interesting of the group.