Racing Role Play.

Started by Inkidu, May 01, 2009, 09:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

Sort of a more semi-realistic Speed Racer of sorts. Obviously futuristic. And free-form. I tried wrapping my brain around a few systems the calculations alone drove me to blood lust. We'd all play on the same team. This also helps with story and the over-competitiveness of this kind of role play.

Anyway I'm not hoping for any rewards on originality for story but here goes:

In a new golden age of space exploration Earth terraforms Mars and the moon has become one giant shopping mall. This technology of this new age led to an intense and dangerous form of racing. Machines are all custom built and corporations run raising teams of five people each with their own machines. The race in tournaments and the like. World-Famous tracks like the Mars Hyperway, the Oceania Aqua-Loop, and the only space station slash track. The Astro-Knot.

Money, fame, fortune, adrenaline. These are the things racing teams strive for.

Parts I need filled

Racing roles:

Point Man: Usually trailed by a wing man. They have the fastest vehicles.

Mechanic: Due to the dangerous nature of these races there is a standard vehicle with more gadgets to catch crash pods (Escape pods) they're nimble but not fast.

Bruiser: Biggest, heaviest defenders. They can smash openings.

Wing-Man: Basically a back up point-man has to have good cooperation skills.

Joker: The inevitable wild-card for the team. A racer that fills the gaps in the team.

I have several non-racer roles but that's only if I get a lot of interest.

So I'm looking for four people right now. It's going to be [van]

This will probably be a couple of days or maybe weeks depending on my post-school situation.

If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Inkidu

As always I do have more story. Just checking the waters.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Crovonovin

I'd be interested in this sort of thing...  If I might ask, what sort of plot do you have in mind?  I'm glad that it's just one team at least.  Deciding the winner of each race would be a nightmare otherwise.

Also, does each player have his or her own racer?  How many individuals on each team are allowed into a race?  Perhaps a team of three versus a team of three, ala IGPX?  It would be a constant rotation of players, perhaps with multiple races being scheduled at once so as to not leave people out.  Or will the entire team participate in each race versus another team?

Also, what sort of racers are allowed here?  Do they need to be wheeled, or can they hover?  What level of technology is allowed?

Other than that, I can't think of any questions!

Inkidu

I was waiting for someone to ask, otherwise I just look long-winded.

The whole team races point, wing, mechanic, bruiser, and joker. Races can vary from two to four teams at once. Unless it's a show in which one team just loops the track looking good.

As a rule of thumb the cars have to have an engine and four wheels. I'm sticking with good 'ole rubber on this one though the cars are going to look more futuristic and streamlined. Each person's car is modded to their position. The point and wing are faster but less hardy, mechanic handles well but doesn't do much beyond in race catches with electromagnets (Can screw other racers with them too.) The bruiser is slowest but can take a lot of abuse and the joker is more or less up to the player but it can't over excel for obvious reasons.

Any racer can win it for his team. Oh and all-human players. No aliens.

You also have to pit, there are no multicolored healing strips (Ala F-Zero)

Oh no real weapons (Buzz saws, missiles, machine guns.) this is a planetary sport ordained and whatnot.

Inkidu

I'm still fairly open to suggestions. I'm trying to sketch out track maps maybe I can photograph them then I can upload them and post them so everyone will know where they are in-race.