{~*Corner Sweets*~}

Started by Spa O o fey, October 15, 2008, 12:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi smiled, "Rex Torrick... pleased to meet you." She swirled the name on her tongue as he left, she knew where that name came from. A name of a childhood friend, one who left and never came back. "Rex," she whispered, "What ever happened to you?" She mused. She smiled, an idea forming in her head, she brought back her sketch pad. This time she pulled out a memory of a summer long ago and set it on the table. A picture of a boy and girl playing in a meadow tossing a fire ball between the two of them. "Rex, I remember." She whispered to herself, conviction forming that next time she would be better prepared to greet him.

anon

Ally blinked as Rex suddenly disappeared out the door before raising a shoulder and shrugging. It was not as if she would ever be called upon as the ideal person to be judging exactly what proper or normal conduct would be in a social setting. She leaned against a table, her eyes on Aoi now. "Another idea for a sketch?" She tilted her head at the woman.
Ons/Offs ~ Absences
Disclaimer (thanks Caeli xP): I am NOT a kitty...just...kitty-like.
"I never trust a sneaky pussy." - Paradox

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi shook her head, "No, a sketch of a memory. I haven't thought about this time in years. This is Rex and I as I remember him, as children." She blushed and looked away. "He was my friend and then one day he was gone. I haven't thought about him for way too long. I just can't believe that I would find him here." She sipped her hot chocolate, the chocolate and sugar reviving her a bit.

anon

"Ah?" Ally's eyebrows shot toward her hairline as she took in the blush on Aoi's face. "You know that man?" She drummed her fingers against the table again, tapping out a rhythm in her mind as a mischievous grin appeared on her face. "Seems to be a place of serendipity here. I wonder if I should get to starting another pair of sugar sculpture now." She laughed softly. "What happened to him?"
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi laughed. "Oh, Ally you have the matchmaker in you." She teased remembering Ari and Tom. "It was nothing like that. We were about 9 or 10 when he came to court..."She bit her lip, not sure how much to reveal. She decided to risk it, no one would find her here. "My adoptive families court, that is. We were sort of thrown together, he was only one year my senior. When he was 17 he disappeared, just like that he was gone." A flicker of sadness came over her face before practice smoothed it away. "I was crushed, he was my friend. The only one who could hold their own against me when we trained. I was probably starting to fall for him. I will never know, he was and is gone." She looked at her memory of that long lost summer. "This memory" she gestured at the picture, "was the summer after he came to court. He was so nice, the perfect gentleman although a little out there sometimes." She smiled at Ally. "Well that's the whole story I guess." At least Ryu didn't get to him she thought to herself.

anon

"Not quite the matchmaker, just need to find something to entertain myself." She flashed her a quick smile. Ally exhaled slowly, her arms coming forward to rest before her. "I see." She blinked at the picture, absorbing and acknowledging a back story to it all. "Young love, is it?" Bells jingled again. "What exactly were you training for?"
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi blinked, "I was training to rule, until my twin brother, Ryu, killed our parents and all of the court. I fled to the Celestial Court and begged sanctuary. Since then I have been training to protect people from Ryu's wrath until I am strong enough to confront him. My training covered everything from cooking to dancing to fighting. Rex came to the Celestial Court 2 years after I arrived there." She looked down, conjuring up a picture of a raven-haired couple laughing at a little girl-child trying to sword fight. "I guess you could say it was young love, but he wouldn't remember me. That was years ago and another lifetime. He has changed and so have I." Her hands were trembling slightly, she took her hot chocolate in her hands to keep Ally from noticing. She had never told anyone on Earth what had happened all those years ago. "When Rex left, I vowed that I would never age until I found out the truth about him and I was strong enough to defeat Ryu." She said with a little laugh.

anon

Ally mirrored her expression, blinking a little at the spiel. "Wow." She gave a little laugh after a moment of silence. "Compared to my life, you lead an interesting one." Her lips quirked up on one side. The tragedy of the woman's life, while she noted with a slight furrow of her brows, slipped off of her. "You never know though...but still, you would have thought him to say something. I would imagine something like that to be hard to forget."
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi laughed, "Those were dark times, Ally. Dark times indeed. I wouldn't be surprised if Rex didn't remember me at all." She smiled, grateful to Ally for being there to listen to her.

anon

Ally shook her head, the smile still on her lips. "Oh you never know. Usually the people that you meet at the darkest time are the ones that leaves the greatest impression." The smile faltered a little before returning again. "So." She clapped her hands. "No sugar sculpture for you two then? Pity. Would have been cute, I think."
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi laughed, her mind eased. "Thanks Ally." she thought for a bit, "You know what, I think I might try to find Rex and catch up..." She bites her lip. "You never know, maybe another sugar sculpture...Could you give this to him?" She hands Ally the memory on paper of her and Rex. "See you around Ally." She leaves a $15, "Keep the change, dear." She slowly walks out the door.

Mordred

In his quick manner, Rex entered Corner Sweets. He hated leaving so abruptly when here last, but movement outside showed him there were people looking for him. "When will I have a simple life", he sighed to himself.
What troubled him, or occupied his mind was the artist. Aoi, he believed her name was, from picking up bits of conversation. At first he was thinking she was slightly familiar yet the more he thought, he realized they must have known each other at some point. But looking at her, she was quite a bit younger in appearance. Where Rex had, over the last few years aged far beyond what was normal... this one seemed to either not age at all or by an even slower rate than normal.
Maybe she has a clue what this rate of time is all about, he thought happily. Yet while he was in a constant state of chaos, she seemed incredibly calm. But maybe that went along with time moving slower, maybe it lent itself to peace of mind as well.
One change in his thoughts... when he would picture himself sitting in the sweet shop as a child, there was now also a little girl sitting nearby. She, Rex was beginning to assume, is most likely Aoi.
But first things first... Rex had a serious weakness. As he inhaled deeply, coming to realizations, it hit him. Coffee... I haven't had any coffee yet today. He slipped back into 'normal' time. Looking down, he saw a big cup right where he was seated. Again, he knew it was specifically for him. How on earth do they do that?
*See Pillory*

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi watches as Rex slips back into Corner Sweets and she follows him inside. She starts to walk up to him, then shies away and sits at the table next to him. She smiles at him shyly, he doesn't remember she thinks sadly. She takes out her sketch pad and starts to doodle. She wants to talk to him, but can't. She missed him when he left court and she can't bring herself to say hello.

Mordred

Rex sees Aoi enter the door as he take in that first heavenly sip of coffee. Speeding himself up a bit (which is becoming dangerously addictive), he watches her eyes and sees a mix of thought run through her. It ends in a slightly sad inflection. Suddenly, it all rushes inside. Oh yes, Aoi. Wow, my best friend! More memories as they got older, when he started thinking about his best friend in a different way. He adored her! But then that fateful day when he knew he had to leave. He couldn't tell her for she had plans and where he was going, it was full of danger.
My god, that was a sad day, he thought. I turned around twice, starting to run back to tell her but then I realized again and again how she would never let me go alone. And no, where I went was no place for a beautiful, lovely soul. For what Aoi never truly knew was when his parents vanished, his soul became twisted and filled with only one thought... revenge.
I could pretend I'm an uncle, Rex thought. Try to convince Aoi I'm looking for Rex. Hmm, but my name is known as Rex also. Not the oddest thing but still, kind of suspicious. Plus, she always had a knack for knowing when I was fibbing.
Rising to broach the subject, he studied her. She looks so young still. I have aged probably to more than twice her age, and only a few years ago we were only months apart.
Sighing, he gestured towards an empty chair nearby. "Ok if I sit for a moment?", of course his ready grin appearing, despite his turmoil inside.
*See Pillory*

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi flushed when Rex came over. "Yeah, sure." She suddenly felt awkward, she had so many questions. She felt like she was going to cry, she missed him. She knew that something had changed. Just looking at him she knew that he had aged and she looked as she had the day he had left. She wanted to ask what him why? Why he had left? But she held her tongue, smiling a little at the memory of them in etiquette class.

Wistful Dream

Vi sighed as she came back in from the kitchen. Ariella had been feeling worse and worse as the day went on to the point were she had dropped a tray and spilled cookies out over the floor. The girl had been able to convince the chef to go up to her room and rest for what remained of the day, but that meant that she was left finishing off the baking that was simply enough that she could do it. And it meant she had probably missed the man who she had wanted to sketch.

She ruffled her hair as she came back to the counter and back to Ally, wrinkling her nose as the slight girl. "Hey sorry about that. Its just you and me for the rest of the day pixie, Ari is up in bed."

anon

Ally pressed her fingers to her lips before nodding at Aoi and Rex, never mind the fact that the glass case did absolutely nothing to hide her from their sights, or the fact that she was obviously eavesdropping.

She cocked her head at Vi at her announcement though, dragging her attention away from the pair. "Ari?" Her lips pursed to a side. "Is she alright?"
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Mordred

"You have no idea...", he started. Took a sip from his cup, staring into it. He tried to look at her but it was difficult. Those eyes that tortured his sleepless nights so long ago. Yet for her, he suddenly thought in sadness, it was so much more recent. His pain faded while hers was still much fresher. Friends for life they swore as small children. Later, they all but promised each other they were together for life. And yet now, two strangers. She might think I'm still the Rex she knew.
"You have no idea how many times I used to imagine this moment. Even in this shop. Early on, I saw it in my mind as we sipped hot chocolate. Yet now all I want to have is the most potent whiskey." Seeing the small shock flash across Aoi's face, "I have seen and done things that only the hardest of spirits can soften inside. Things I never foresaw that horrible day I left."
Looking up from his cup, his heart sank seeing her bottom eyelids both filled. Don't blink, he begged inside his mind.. please don't... but she did. Two drops spilled onto two cheeks. Before he could catch himself, his two thumbs softly wiped the tears away.
Closing his eyes, Rex begged himself to keep composure. You are no longer that softhearted boy. Do not.. no, do not lose yourself here. You lose yourself and your awareness fades. What if certain people walk by and see you in here while you are having a moment.
Sitting up... taking another long drink of the splendid nectar, "Do you remember old Krendal who taught the art of fighting?" He saw her faint nod. "When my parents disappeared, he pulled me aside when I refused to listen to him. He reminded me of what happened to your parents and how he saw the rage inside your eyes when he first started training you. He then saw it in mine when mine vanished."
"Being older than when you had your rage, he knew I was in a state of mind that couldn't be reversed. It would either destroy me... or maybe I could take measures..."
*See Pillory*

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi felt ashamed that she had let those 2 tears drip out, she was better than that. "You left," she whispered. "You left to do what I was too young to do. I understand that now, just as I know that I missed you like I've missed none other." She struggled to keep her composure. All the memories of their training sessions, teasing each other, vowing to be friends kept flooding through her. She thought that she had been through with the pain, she trapped herself at the same age as when he left as a reminder to herself and as a hope that she would one day find him. "I'm sorry about your parents. I heard about it a few days after you left, I just couldn't understand how you could have left me like that. Without a note or anything." She looked him in the eyes, trapping them in her gaze. "Old Krendal was never the same after you left." She quickly broke the gaze, turning away she drooped a little. "Remember when you first came to court and I told you of Ryu being evil?"She asked softly. "I have been through much as well, but none of it shows much." She couldn't face him now, she felt so weak for missing him.

Wistful Dream

Vi sighed and leaned into the counter, idly playing with her hair. "I'm not sure Ally, she was all shaky today and not in a way I've seen before. I think it has something to do with that doctor she goes to see so often. I hope she turns out okay though."

Mordred

Almost as if a living prophecy of his thought a few moments before, Rex did suddenly see a flash of movement outside. Taking Aoi's hands, "I'm sorry... I have to step outside for a bit. I will return! I can't tell you why... but I will tell you what happened to me in my absence. It won't make sense. It doesn't even make sense to me, in a way... but.. maybe it'll help."
Squeezing her hands one last time, gently... Rex then drained his coffee. Placing a bill on the table... then smiling towards Vi and Ally... "How do you keep luring me back with that coffee? Takes me nearly 45 minutes to walk here from my place, where I pass at least a dozen shops that 'seem' similar. But no... there is only one true Corner Sweets."
In a blur of movement, he was gone.
*See Pillory*

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi wanted to protest, "Rex, what is wrong?" she asked, confused. She sat at the table as Rex left, realizing that he must have learned much as he sped up his body and left the shop. She sank back into the chair, staring at his empty coffee cup. He was gone, but he said he would come back. She had to hold onto that, she had to hope that he would return unharmed. She looked down at her paper, letting their conversation sink in. Now that he was gone, she let out the grief she had held in, just 3 tears and it was over. She sat up straight, she was determined to find a way to help him.

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi wanted to protest, "Rex, what is wrong?" she asked, confused. She sat at the table as Rex left, realizing that he must have learned much as he sped up his body and left the shop. She sank back into the chair, staring at his empty coffee cup. He was gone, but he said he would come back. She had to hold onto that, she had to hope that he would return unharmed. She looked down at her paper, letting their conversation sink in. Now that he was gone, she let out the grief she had held in, just 3 tears and it was over. She sat up straight, she was determined to find a way to help him.

Mordred

Suddenly the door opened and again... Rex was impressed that the one table he seemed to always sit at already had that infamous coffee, piping hot, ready for him to drink. He shook his head as he wondered if all along he was taking some invisible being's coffee, yet no, even the cup seemed to fit perfectly in his large hand.
But sitting down, he winced in slight pain. A small wound, nothing more. Carelessness! Each wound received over the years was a reminder to always be focused. Even in moments when memories lead to confusion, when he hears that flapping of pages as his mind fills with more and more brush-strokes that are the images he long forgot, keep aware!
Also, remain the stone you have been forced to become, he reminded himself. Friends, family... there is no room for them. They can only bring weakness.
In a swift move, he sat across from Aoi. "I told you I'd return", with a smile holding back the pain from the sudden movement." Taking another drink, "I'm not the same person you remember. When I left... I did so with one thought on my mind. Revenge! Our old fighting trainer guided me towards people that could help me get closer to achieving this goal."
Looking around, Rex slowly lifted his sleeve... revealing a crimson design on his forearm. "Have you ever seen one of these? It is the final... ritual in what I changed into." In a lower voice, as the marking became hidden once again, "I am a commander in the League of Assassins."
*See Pillory*

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi looked swiftly at Rex when he flinched, checking with her senses she noticed that he was hurt. She started to rise from the table. "You are hurt, Rex. Let me help you" she went over to him and knelt by his side. She smiled at him, "Neither am I the flighty girl that you remember. I have killed more than my share of others and I have seen more suffering than ever before. I left a year after you did, I went out to combat what Ryu was doing here. I have done things that I'm not proud of but they were necessary." She glanced at the design and blanched. "The League of Assassins." she whispered, scooting backwards and then gaining her composure. "Let me see your wound so I can heal it." She had on her no-nonsense attitude of a healer.