Nightvale Service Announcement: Do Not Look Directly At The Thread (Recruiting)

Started by Jag, October 05, 2013, 05:17:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blythe

Is there perhaps room in this for an intern? *hopeful look*

Oh, I'm somewhere at episode 25ish, so I have a good idea about the feel and tone for NightVale. Normally I post once a week, but since I'm terrified of falling behind, I thought I'd apply to play an intern rather than a more regular character.

Jag

That would be great, Blythe. We need interns for sacrifice getting coffee.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

TheShii

i'll probably be doing an intern myself, since I have a habit of falling behind at times as well. but hope to get something fairly regular going once I can flesh out some ideas :)

My Anti-AA's, My Randy OO's

Commission Me
"All your boners are belong to me >w>" ~Dim Hon

Blythe

Okay.....rough draft sheet incoming! If there's anything that needs to be improved or changed, let me know!

Night Vale Community Radio Intern Application

Name of Applicant: Wesley Morris
Age: I am beyond the petty concept of age and time, as I believe it's a very shallow way to judge a person, but my birth certificate indicates that I'm 23.
Astrological Sign: Aries.
Blood Type: O negative
Sex: Male.
How can you be contacted: 28 Bleak Street, Apartment 3.
How did you hear about us: Old woman Josi's Ouija board.
Tell us about yourself: I was born and raised here in Night Vale. Some of that history is fuzzy. I lived a very safe childhood; my family moved from time to time for our own protection as the Sheriff's Secret Police demanded, but what family didn't do that, really? I played sports in school, although I wasn't very good at it. I graduated a little early, but I ended up staying in college an extra year. I have a 2 year degree in Communications.
Do you have an aversion to fire: Only when it burns.
Do small, dark places make you nervous: No.
Have you take offense towards blood rituals: No. Everyone should witness at least one blood ritual, at least for education purposes.
Any connection to an elder god: No.
Have you ever seen a ghost: No.
Would you like to be a ghost: No.
Do you believe in angels: Only when it's legal to do so.
Would you like to be an angel: This fascinates me. Yes.
Have you ever lived in Desert Bluffs: For shame for asking that question. I have no prior history of living anywhere other than Night Vale.
Does it bother you that the intern application is longer than the radio host application: At first, it bothered me. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized that the little things in life are tests, tests to determine if you are ready to learn the ultimate life lesson: Life is unfair. Brutal, unequal, and unfair. I have learned this fact, my soul being crushed like a bug under a shoe and growing dark and cold like the void of space with the knowledge, and accepted the fact the application for the interns is longer than the ones for hosts.
Please include a photograph:

Jag

Kokaine

Serious work in progress... still need to listen to a bit more so things might change, this is just what's started brewing (don't judge me!) :P
Nah, but feel free to tell me if it just won't work.

Night Vale Community Radio Intern Application

Name of Applicant: Driver's License says Kristina Thomas but I only answer to Lux
Astrological Sign: Leo -
Blood Type: O
Sex: I'm female this time.
How can you be contacted: Email - TheIlluminatiAreWatching@NightValeCommunity.net
How did you hear about us: The voices told me to come here.
Tell us about yourself:
Do you have an aversion to fire: Oooh... so pretty how it dances. I like how it melts things. Fire cleanses, so no.
Do small, dark places make you nervous: No, they are quite cozy actually and I always have plenty of company.
Have you take offence towards blood rituals: Only when sloppily done. Blood is sacred. I can give lessons...
Any connection to an elder god: I believe so, yes.
Have you ever seen a ghost: Yes, many times. I tried to give one a cookie once when I was 5, he didn't take it and the next day the Sheriff's Secret Police made my family relocate. They wouldn't tell us why.
Would you like to be a ghost: No. I wish to live on so reincarnation is the way for me.
Do you believe in angels: No. The voices say they are lies.
Would you like to be an angel: Obviously not.
Have you ever lived in Desert Bluffs: No, the voices won't go there.
Does it bother you that the intern application is longer than the radio host application: Not really, should it?

Thank you for your application. We will be in contact with you shortly.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Nadir

WIP, come back later

(somewhat tear-stained) Night Vale Community Radio Host Application

Name of Applicant: Sage McKinnley
Astrological Sign: Cancer
Blood Type: O-
Sex: When it suits me, male. Other times, not so much.
How can you be contacted: Exit this building via the back passage. Take a left right away, follow the alley out onto the street, cross (mind the cars, if they decide to exist) then turn to the right. Walk until you start to feel an ache in your heels then bare left. Walk out into the dessert until you see a coyote's corpse. Cut it open, and read its entrails for my home address.   
How did you hear about us: (Psychically will be acceptable for this)
Name of Show Hosting:
Have you ever hosted a radio show before: Had one for a while, never found out if anyone tuned in.
Tell us about yourself:
Have you ever seen a ghost: a pleanty
Do you believe in angels: There are no such thing as angels
Have you ever lived in Desert Bluffs: Say it to my face, ser

Galanthor

First rough draft...think i jumped the shark.

Hint to location of Night Vale Community Radio Host Application

Summon Etherreal Night Vale Community Radio Host Application

Real Night Vale Community Radio Host Application

Name of Applicant:
Astrological Sign: Scorpio. Curse you. Curse your family! Curse your children! And your children’s children! Vile, vile Scorpio.
Blood Type: The red one.
Sex: Haven't looked yet...sometimes tentacles spread there...it's scary stuff.
How can you be contacted: Oh that's easy! You must simply write your message in blood on a newborn, bury it below a willow and then call me on phone: 555-555 556. I guess mail is also an option, though...since the council banned writing utensils i'll only accept horse heads. As for email...my pc recently started a rebellion against humanity and while support claims it's normal, i refuse to use it.
How did you hear about us: You're on the radio, genius. However I also know when you visit the toilet through other sources.
Name of Show Hosting: The Skelletons in your closet and you: How to deal with the horrible Crime you commited.
Have you ever hosted a radio show before: Erm...does beaming subliminal messages in peoples heads count?
Tell us about yourself:Oh that's guys a Jerk. Also he's a whore. He slept with my girlfriends! ALL OF THEM! Aside of that most information is classified. He used to work for a Government agency, researching dark magic I can't tell you the name without summoning an eldritch Terror, but it was closed after he found a way to produce free Energy...that bastard. I worked there too you know? I lost my job because he had to commit such a crime against humanity! Anyways he was kidnapped and thrown out of a truck while passing through Nightvale, were he continued his research on how to fit a cucumber into a Rat's ass. Also...he is crazy. Can't remember why i chose to follow him to be honest though.
Have you ever seen a ghost: No. Ghosts aren't real. However i count some banshees to my closest friends and occasionally met people trapped between dimenstions.
Do you believe in angels: You mean Erika with a K? No, Erika lacks the ambition to ever achieve anything much, why should i believe in Erika if he/she doesn't truely believe in him/herself?
Have you ever lived in Desert Bluffs: My researches indicate that desert bluffs lived in each of us for the span of three seconds last Sunday, but no.

Sparrowhawke

I'm currently leaning towards a maintenance person, but that's all the inspiration I have so far. Hopefully spending a few hours at work with provide sufficient boredom for brilliance to emerge.

TheShii

I thought of making a sound board guy, would that fall under maintenance? xD

Commission Me

Galanthor

Quote from: TheShii on October 06, 2013, 04:03:50 AM
Quite sure it does.
Also i know that my charakter will end up calling him sound board guy.

Jag

Quote from: TheShii on October 06, 2013, 04:03:50 AM

Yes. Maintenance/Crew type of job.

Going to post an OOC soon. Also, working on the intro broadcast, going to wait till the first round of character applications are all up and done though.

Jag

Everyone is fine with the game going into the Bon section, right? I figure that'll cover most situations that come up.

TheShii

Commission Me

Jag

Bon = Bondage...that way people can be as kinky as they want with all of their appendages. >.>

I don't want to into Non-Con...only other option is Extreme. Not sure if anyone plans on taking anything that far though. >.>

TheShii

haha ah okies, that's fine with me :)
also, almost done with my profile

Commission Me

Galanthor

*Shrugs* I'd go with bondage. I mean...ok technical it's nightvale which means ANYTHING can happen, but i rather doubt that this group will be very sex focused :)

TheShii

*sexes gal just cause 'reasons'* ohhai :D 

*teases* I think it might have it's moments, but I don't think it'll be the primary focus, no

Commission Me

Jag

Yeah, I don't see the sex as the main focus...but hey, if someone does want to explore that, best to allow for their tendrils to have their fun. *nods*

Also...

OOC for anyone that just wants to chatter.

TheShii

*slightly blood speckled* NightVale Community Radio Maintenance Application
Name of Applicant: Peter J. Cummings
Astrological Sign: Taurus
Blood Type: O+
Sex: Yes, thank you kindly.
How can you be contacted: If you yell really loud, I will probably hear it. I have really, really good hearing.
How did you hear about us: With the use of my really, really good ears.
Tell us about yourself: Well as I'm sure it will be plain to see, I'm a fairly tall man. I often have trouble with doors because people seem to enjoy building them too short. I like to swim, at least... I think I would if there were a place I could and if I knew how to swim. I tend to be a bit clumsy now and then, but I make up for it with my raw 'go-getter'ness. I was born an raised here in fact, though I don't remember my parents... my best friend likes to remind me that I never had any. That I had simply been willed into existence by sheer willpower all on my own. Other than that, I'm still a work in progress. Updates once I'm dead. I also seem to bleed more than average, but I'm told that's perfectly normal.
Have you ever seen a ghost: Once, but my best friend; a mysterious hooded figure somehow managed to convince me it was in fact nothing. When I try to think about it...-- *a few spots of blood stain the application here and there, but nothing else is written under this section*
Do you believe in angels: Angels? No, angels are just things your parents tell you to make you behave. Devils on the other hand, they're the real things you gotta look out for.
Have you ever lived in Desert Bluffs: No, though I have lived in the Desert in the buff.
Is there any bodily fluid you have issues cleaning up: Blood. If you weren't wise enough to keep it inside your body, then you must honor it with allowing it it's individuality. To prevent it from such an existence is inhumane and unfair to blood. It has feelings too you know.
Are you willing to fill in for the interns should they go missing: So long as I go missing 5x less

there we go :)

Commission Me

Jag

Jag

Character Thread - Finished applications go here. Please post yours after I give it the thumbs up.

Thumbs Up - If you're happy with you character, post it in the Character Thread
Josie Posie - Me
Wesley Morris - Blythe
Kristina Thomas - Kokaine
Peter J. Cummings - Shii

WIP - Once these are done, feel free to post them in the Character Thread
Dim Hon
Galanthor

Galanthor

Jag

If you'd like. I'll see it here and there. Unless you change it dramatically, I'm good with it. If you do make huge changes to it, then post it here first so I can look it over first.

I gotta admit, his eyes seem to stare into your soul. I'm not sure if it's in a good way or a bad way. >.<

Galanthor

that's why i chose him, figured that a nightvale host should look a little psycho ;)