UTBLOV - Men Men Men Men Men We Need You!

Started by undisclosedtoyou, August 05, 2010, 02:19:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Josietta on September 10, 2010, 02:27:37 PM
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_a_damphir

I don't believe damphir exist in Anita Blake. For pop culture, Blade was a damphir.

In white wolfs Vampire:theMasquerade.. damphir didn't live longer than a human does unless they are ghouled. But thats WW.  This is anitaverse.

I knew there was a reason why I thought of Blade when I read the word "damphir" lol.

But yeah, I don't think it's Anita-Verse either, I don't even think these vamps can reproduce either.  But I looked at your character bio OrderNChaos, everything expect the Damphir thing is a-okay!
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Crovonovin

Heya undisclosed!  Just pondering this game and wondering what the Vizier position among the Weretigers would entail. 

orderNchaos

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on September 10, 2010, 03:34:52 PM
I knew there was a reason why I thought of Blade when I read the word "damphir" lol.

But yeah, I don't think it's Anita-Verse either, I don't even think these vamps can reproduce either.  But I looked at your character bio OrderNChaos, everything expect the Damphir thing is a-okay!

Ok, my mistake, didn't do my research as well as I could have.  There is mention of "day walker" who have the power to move in sunlight.  Could that me possible giving my character the same capability but still making him a Vampire?  I'll amend the history to fit a vampire.  Thanks

Imogen

I shouldn't... Really shouldn't but if the game doesn't move too fast and my exceedingly slow posting isn't a problem I'd throw my name in the hat for a -very- recently turned vampire, preferably by an established character. I am thinking days or weeks instead of years. The character I have in mind would be a young man in his late teens, with the restless energy of a rebel without a cause. Prone to get into trouble for his temper. I'd like a male vampire to be his "sire"/teacher, whether that character is played by a guy or girl doesn't matter. Just to avoid confusion: the new vamp would be hetero sexual.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

HairyHeretic

Quote from: orderNchaos on September 11, 2010, 03:38:52 AM
Ok, my mistake, didn't do my research as well as I could have.  There is mention of "day walker" who have the power to move in sunlight.  Could that me possible giving my character the same capability but still making him a Vampire?  I'll amend the history to fit a vampire.  Thanks

I believe there is a day walker vampire ability, but its insanely rare. I can't remember the details of it all that well I'm afraid.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Shihong on September 10, 2010, 10:14:19 PM
Heya undisclosed!  Just pondering this game and wondering what the Vizier position among the Weretigers would entail. 

Bwahahahahahaa you make me have to go back and look into my character thread -grins and get's all unlazy-   Okay Vizier is almost the exact same thing as the Wolf's Freki, which basically means that they are second in command.  So as well as holding a high position of power in the streak, the Vizier would also act as substitute Queen(there's another term for this, I'm just lazy right now) when Sid is say, out of town on personal or political trips, or if she's somehow out of commission.  Vizier is also the most likely to take over the streak if the Queen dies, although that isn't set in concrete.  They would also work as a form of confident when Sid needs an opinion on something.  I already pretty much know who is going to take this position though, as well as one or two more that's on the list.

Quote from: orderNchaos on September 11, 2010, 03:38:52 AM

Hairyheretic is correct on that it's a rare ability, it can only really be had when their bond mate is really powerful, or if they are of a Master Vampire level.  For example, in the books, Demetri(I believe, but I could be wrong since I just woke up and I'm too lazy to go look) has this power because of Anita, who is powerful enough to allow him to wake during the day.

Quote from: Imogen on September 11, 2010, 04:28:29 AM
I shouldn't... Really shouldn't but if the game doesn't move too fast and my exceedingly slow posting isn't a problem I'd throw my name in the hat for a -very- recently turned vampire, preferably by an established character. I am thinking days or weeks instead of years. The character I have in mind would be a young man in his late teens, with the restless energy of a rebel without a cause. Prone to get into trouble for his temper. I'd like a male vampire to be his "sire"/teacher, whether that character is played by a guy or girl doesn't matter. Just to avoid confusion: the new vamp would be hetero sexual.

Lol, it doesn't really move that fast, and it was made to be a slow going game.  But because we have a lot of players it can seem to go fast.  Believe me though, when I say that your more than welcome to join :)  A vamp made before he is 18 is illegal, but we have a story going right now that has a lot of young people being turned.  If you go this route though, any maker of his would be killed on sight.  So making him 18 would probably work best.  Just head into the OOC thread, and ask if any one playing a male vamp would like to play out being his Sire, there should be a taker there.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

orderNchaos

Ok, thanks for the read on the rule Undisclosed....

Where would you like me to "insert" my character into the story?  Is there a specific thread that I should get into or should I wait until someone pulls me in?

The Golden Touch

The one vampire in the Anita Blake series that could walk in daylight without a bond or anything was the Earthmover, a member of the Council.  But he was a very old vampire, as in 230,000 years at best.  His age is so great he makes Anita's head hurt when she tries to figure it out.  I believe the Homo Erectus was the skull she mentioned after seeing him, but I am not sure.  Just believe me when I say that yes, while the ability exists... It doesn't work unless you are nearly as old as dirt.

Its Damien, Dis. ^ ^

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

undisclosedtoyou

Yeah I was in the shower singing, when it hit me, Damien not Demetri, lol I do my best remembering in the shower -laughs-

Quote from: orderNchaos on September 11, 2010, 12:45:06 PM
Ok, thanks for the read on the rule Undisclosed....

Where would you like me to "insert" my character into the story?  Is there a specific thread that I should get into or should I wait until someone pulls me in?

I'll help you out with that.  I just have to leave to do some errands, than go off to work, but I should be back around 10-ish my time.  Unless someone else wants to help her get settled.  If you don't want to wait for me, than joining in on the main city thread would be cool.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Decrepitdan

I find myself interested in this rp, but I have never read anything by Anita Blake. Would this be a hindrance with this group?

If not, what sort of roles could I play that wouldn't tear up the canon with my lack of knowledge?

HairyHeretic

Maybe a newly turned were? One who didn't really know about the supernatural world beyond that vampires and assorted weres existed.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

The Golden Touch

A newly turned were is plausible.  Often the random attacks will end up with the human entering a world they know very little about except from the media.  Honestly, what is common knowledge is things like vampires, were's and so on are out in the open now.  Zombie raising happens frequently if you have the money, or an animator that is willing to do it.  We have links that you can read through that are fairly useful.  And as always, any questions you come up with will be answered as quickly and thoroughly as possible!

Decrepitdan

Is there a limitation to the weres in this particular world, could one perhaps play a were-stag or some such? Or is it just limited to werewolves?

undisclosedtoyou

We have links to outside resources to, ones that carry pretty much all the information you would need to know about the specifics of the creatures in this game.  If the first post of this thread doesn't have the Anita verse wikia listed, than the first post of the OOC thread definitely will have it.  I fully suggest anyone coming in with no prior knowledge of the books before hand, going through the resources listed.  There are little but very specific differences in the creatures in this game than in other vampire or werecreature games.

And HairyHeretic, can we look forward to you joining in this little game?  It would make me go -Squeeee-

Quote from: Decrepitdan on September 12, 2010, 09:53:53 PM
Is there a limitation to the weres in this particular world, could one perhaps play a were-stag or some such? Or is it just limited to werewolves?

There are other were-creatures in this game, besides Wolves, in fact in this game alone we are spot lighting three kinds.  The Anita Wikia lists all the types in this world, and the specific information on each one.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

The Golden Touch

Like Dis said, there are others.  Anything from snakes, foxes, birds to swans, bears, tigers, etc.  ^ ^

undisclosedtoyou

By the way Goldy, your new Avi rocks my socks!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

The Golden Touch

Thanks, Dis!  ^ ^  I have one for every month. >>;; Cause I'm entertaining like that.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: The Golden Touch on September 12, 2010, 10:06:10 PM
Thanks, Dis!  ^ ^  I have one for every month. >>;; Cause I'm entertaining like that.

At the end of the year you should make your avi animated, like a slide show and have each avi you've used cycle through.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

The Golden Touch

undisclosedtoyou

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

HairyHeretic

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on September 12, 2010, 09:57:19 PM
And HairyHeretic, can we look forward to you joining in this little game?  It would make me go -Squeeee-

Maybe in a week or two. My muse is still somewhat absent due to Real Life (TM), and I'm behind on the games I do have. I wouldn't feel right about starting anything new til I had those caught up.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Isengrad

OMGOMGOMG, An Anitaverse Rp!!!!... Ahem, now that that is out of my system. I would love to toss my hat in.God, just what to make.... hmmmm, I find myself thinking about making a pair of character's along the lines of the wicked truth. but I'll research some more on this roleplay... read up on it some and get back to you.

original artwork by karabiner

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: HairyHeretic on September 13, 2010, 05:05:18 PM
Maybe in a week or two. My muse is still somewhat absent due to Real Life (TM), and I'm behind on the games I do have. I wouldn't feel right about starting anything new til I had those caught up.

Oh that's completely understandable.  When or if you do decide you want to join us, we'll have a spot for you :D

Quote from: Isengrad on September 13, 2010, 05:22:05 PM
OMGOMGOMG, An Anitaverse Rp!!!!... Ahem, now that that is out of my system. I would love to toss my hat in.God, just what to make.... hmmmm, I find myself thinking about making a pair of character's along the lines of the wicked truth. but I'll research some more on this roleplay... read up on it some and get back to you.

Actually that would kind of be awesome, the new Master of the city could use more powerful allies, and I can see them being active not just with the vamps, but with the other were's.  Which gives me another idea plotwise, so yay you!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Isengrad

now one question about this anitaverse, do any of the canon chars exist in this. would absolutly hate to have my boy's come across The wicked truth.... and do you mind them having any other psychic affinity... cause there are plenty of examples of vampires with other abilities or other psychic abilities... hmm, suppose i could always look at bloodline abilities as well.. if i remember correctly the dragons bloodline could feed off of anger and violence (though not death).. god so much i want to do and I can only pick just one >.<

original artwork by karabiner

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Isengrad on September 13, 2010, 08:10:06 PM
now one question about this anitaverse, do any of the canon chars exist in this. would absolutly hate to have my boy's come across The wicked truth.... and do you mind them having any other psychic affinity... cause there are plenty of examples of vampires with other abilities or other psychic abilities... hmm, suppose i could always look at bloodline abilities as well.. if i remember correctly the dragons bloodline could feed off of anger and violence (though not death).. god so much i want to do and I can only pick just one >.<

Nope, there are absolutely no canon characters in this game.  In fact the only real canon-esq quality in this game is the setting(that vamp and were's are known to exist, and are actual legal residents of the country), and the info on characters and powers.  They can have psychic affinities, the anita wikia list's some of the common ones.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's