WoW: Cataclysm. Can you wait? o3o

Started by Wolfy, July 03, 2010, 02:18:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serephino

Quote from: schnookums on July 15, 2010, 05:00:27 AM
Well, it's not so much a survivability issue as a "We don't want hunters to start off essentially as a melee class and then once they get their pet go to ranged" A lot (maybe all?) of the hunter melee abilities are going bye-bye.

Hunters have melee abilities?  They get like 2 to start out, and getting to lvl 10 was always a pain for me because of it. 

Deimos

Blizzard's Starcraft 2 & Diablo 3 will see drops in accounts for WoW, and should they make a MMO of either it is possible WoW could be usurped completely

Wolfy

*sigh* Yes, but as I said, only Blizzard can ruin it. No one else can take WoW off the throne besides Blizzard themselves.

o-o How many times must I repeat this? D:

GryphonCompanion

In late spring I was really amped for this to come out later in the year. But since then I've become bored with WoW. So I may just wait until the new year before buying it. Yes, I know I will be behind again. But I'm used to playing catch up in that game lol. Though, being a warlock at heart, I cannot wait to see how the new changes affect the three trees. I have spec'ed into all three before. Currently, if/when I go back, it will be Affliction as primary and Demo as secondary. I think one of the reasons why I stopped was because raiding became uninteresting. Why do you have to do Hard Mode to get better gear? I want to do content once repeatedly. Not on a more difficult level lol. Anyways, I digress. Currently have my eyes set on DC Universe Online in November with Guild Wars 2 and Star Wars: The Old Republic in the spring. Cataclysm may fit in there somewhere, especially if DCUO turns out to be a load of crap :)
GCs O/Os
GCs A/As (Updated 12/14)
GCs Story Ideas

I have seen slower people than I am and more deliberate … and even quieter, and more listless, and lazier people than I am. But, they were dead.
- Mark Twain

The Golden Touch

>>;;;  I just got the Cata Beta. Go me?

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

GryphonCompanion

GCs O/Os
GCs A/As (Updated 12/14)
GCs Story Ideas

I have seen slower people than I am and more deliberate … and even quieter, and more listless, and lazier people than I am. But, they were dead.
- Mark Twain

Wolfy

Quote from: The Golden Touch on July 30, 2010, 12:31:51 PM

I'm going to start hating you now. o-o...

Just kidding..Lucky! o3o...I wish I could get into the Beta..but my laptop probably can't handle it..o-o

The Golden Touch

Thanks, Gryphon. ^ ^

If you turned in your specs to Blizzard, you might.  My husband and I both turned ours in, and I ended up getting it because my lappy is a newer edition than his.

ferrousaemyr

They probably are giving it to better computers first. A friend's letting me use his account info to play on the beta, and his comp is definitely better than mine.

Aiden

Quote from: The Golden Touch on July 30, 2010, 12:31:51 PM

Beta update!
Horde is still better than Alliance!

The Golden Touch

Frack that!  Alliance you twerp!  The bugs are a bit annoying.  I had to unlearn a profession just to get my bear form today. ><;;;  And the dungeons?!  Yikes.

Aiden

The Golden Touch

Aiden

-Dr. Evil- It's a freaking shark with a lazer beam on its freaking head!

The Golden Touch

I'm sorry, but they had to do something to top WotLK.  Flying sharks... We're fracked. ^ ^

GryphonCompanion

Most welcome!! =D And yeah, I am not paying for WoW atm, so I won't get into the beta. Though my computer is less than 1.5 yrs old. But the gfx card is stock =/

I really want to try out DCUO, GW2 and SWTOR (when betas are released), and FFXIV. I am getting the first three definitely. But don't trust FFXIV till I actually try it.

And yes!!! zombies, raptors and fricking sharks with frickin laser beams! And it flies too!
GCs O/Os
GCs A/As (Updated 12/14)
GCs Story Ideas

- Mark Twain

Wolfy

Psh..Alliance gets Worgen.

/case closed.

The Golden Touch

The only thing I find annoying about Worgen so far is that we all look the same when we start out human.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Wolfy on July 31, 2010, 12:56:47 PM
Psh..Alliance gets Worgen.

/case closed.

The only way this gets topped.. Someone gets the Pandarens. Sorry.. a race with the title BREWMASTER tops you puny Hordies big time.

Besides half the Horde are evil. (Yeah I'm looking at you Blood Elves and Undead.) 

++Hold's up the Blood Elf and Undead's Dick Chaney Fanclub cards as examples.++

The Golden Touch

Wolfy

Soo..Worgen just use a basic human template rather than having a customized human appearence? D: T_T

I mean, they could have made it like Druid forms...Certain Worgen Hair styles or Colors would translate into certain human hairstyles or colors. T_T..

Son, I am disappoint.

Also..Pandarens will join the Alliance..you know they will!...Afterall, Dwarves could be their drinking buddies! o3o

The Golden Touch

For the Beta, you can only play male Worgens.  I imagine that when Cata comes out, depending on how you make your Worgen look, your human appearance will change.  But I think that you'll ended up with everyone looking a lot alike.

And dwarves have mages... ><; Ugh.

Wolfy

Teehee...so do Night Elves..despite the whole "Never using Arcane Magic again because it attracted the burning legion" thing. o-o

A drunk Mage...lol....

The Golden Touch

I know right?  I fear for the curtains around dwarf mages.

Wolfy

Teehee...well..at least now there will be a legitimate reason why you have a sheep in the bedroom after a night of drinking.