Dragon Kin (Filled!)

Started by undisclosedtoyou, August 07, 2011, 09:51:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phantasmatical

I believe I can help answer part of your question, Bubby.

Quote from: bubby on August 09, 2011, 12:49:33 PM
And for weakness, can it be like a small spot upon their body that can be penetrated easily? You have 'opposite' of their element. I'm lost on what the opposite of 'metal' would be as a weakness.

Your dragon is silver, correct? Silver is an extremely conductive metal - even more conductive than copper. While she might not literally be made of silver, you could use the same symbolism and say that she is vulnerable to electricity.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: bubby on August 09, 2011, 12:49:33 PM
At first I was like O_O, then I was like "sshheeww!"   ::)

I'll work on it today and try to have it up by tonight sometime. It's a bit more extensive then I'm used to, as I'm a complete freeform kinda gal, but I can handle it! I got stuff to do before work, so I'll do some in between chores, and I'll work on it at work as well. Hope I get picked after all this work lol!

I'm a little lost on the abilities part. For dragon are we supposed to pick one special one too? Or just stick to the basic abilities dragons have? And for weakness, can it be like a small spot upon their body that can be penetrated easily? You have 'opposite' of their element. I'm lost on what the opposite of 'metal' would be as a weakness. And what does 'Mastery' mean exactly? I apologize if this is a lot of question, but I have absolutely NO CLUE when it comes to D&D stats, or stats of ANY kind.

I've always just winged it with my Anishal. I've had her since 2000, so I have who and how she is in my mind. Like... she has a sword called Godsbane. Pretty spiffy sword. Could that be her 'treasure'?

This might be too extensive for me to be able to join...  :'(

Ooh, it's not a system game, I just like going into detail, it makes sure people really think about character building, since I can't stand receiving profiles that look like it took five minutes to fill out, with little to no thought.  So I'll help you navigate it :)  I'm here to help anyone who needs it, so no worries.

For abilities, the common ones, are powers all Dragons have, the special ones, are powers that are unique to each Dragon.  I listed examples, so it can give you guys ideas of what their main power would look like.  So Blue dragons, would have one special ability that resembles their element, so blue is water, so any power that has water attributes would work, you can make it up.  As for weakness, I'll give you an example.  If you were to create a Red Dragon, their element would be fire, so you can say their weakness is water.  But it's not a necessity, you can choose something altogether different for it.  Maybe your character is a glutton, and can't stop itself from going over board with extreme eating,  maybe, your character has an anger problem, and can go into terrifying rages when bothered.  Think of it as a major flaw, instead of anything fatal, I'll have to go and change the wording.  Mastery means, they would have mastered the ability to manipulate their element.  You don't have to worry about D&D stats, since this game isn't using any, I only took the names of some of the powers.

As long as you take what you know of her, that's in your mind, and put it on paper, where I can get an idea of her as well, we're all good.  Her Godsbane would go under weapon.  Her treasure would be something she treasures, maybe a locket she received from a parent, a comb she got as a present, or maybe it's a favorite cloak.  We all have something special we value above everything else, what does Anishal value?

So all in all, try not to feel intimidated, this game is a freeform game, but I'm just a little more involved in it, than what other people would expect.

Quote from: Phantasmatical on August 09, 2011, 06:32:35 PM
I believe I can help answer part of your question, Bubby.

Your dragon is silver, correct? Silver is an extremely conductive metal - even more conductive than copper. While she might not literally be made of silver, you could use the same symbolism and say that she is vulnerable to electricity.

Yup, I was thinking that to lol.  Although this game is not as strict with the weaknesses, so your Dragon could love lightning, it's really up to each player.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Karasu

I'm actually still making Cocanth, further refining him but this answered some questions I was gonna ask XD.
SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Karasu on August 09, 2011, 06:56:52 PM
I'm actually still making Cocanth, further refining him but this answered some questions I was gonna ask XD.

I'm glad it helped you!  If anything seems unclear, I want people to ask me about it.  I can't wait to read your Cocanth character bio :)

Thank you for the three character profiles I've gotten via PM already.  I'm glancing over them now, but final decisions on who get's the spot's will come later on, when I've gotten everyone's characters. 

I'm also looking for a Co-Gm, who would be interested in running this with me.  If I get one, I can definitely see increasing the number of players this game will accept.  Anyone interested, please PM me :D
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Karasu

Aye, working on him. it's a little rough translating Cocanth from Furcadia, wher he has a website and everything. to here with a totally different plot >.<

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Karasu on August 09, 2011, 07:15:21 PM
Aye, working on him. it's a little rough translating Cocanth from Furcadia, wher he has a website and everything. to here with a totally different plot >.<

What is Furcadia? O.O 

Lmao, well work hard, and I'll be here if you need help.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Karasu

http://www.Furcadia.com Basicaly just like Elliquiy only with graphics.. and furries XD

his plot was expansive and I played him with two other dragons that I played at the same time XD Triplets basically XD

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Karasu on August 09, 2011, 07:21:14 PM
http://www.Furcadia.com Basicaly just like Elliquiy only with graphics.. and furries XD

his plot was expansive and I played him with two other dragons that I played at the same time XD Triplets basically XD

That, is actually pretty cool!  Mmm, well having lots to work with is better than having nothing :)  So I'm expecting your app to be beyond awesome...:P  I'm joking about that, no pressure :)
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Karasu

haha I'll even post over his description and site for you to look over and compare. Maybe you'll notice things to bring over that I haven't

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Karasu on August 09, 2011, 07:27:21 PM
haha I'll even post over his description and site for you to look over and compare. Maybe you'll notice things to bring over that I haven't

Definitely do that!  I'll help as much as I can...you know, barring doing the whole thing for someone, I wouldn't do that  >:(  lmao.

On another note, I'm thinking of allowing small, pern like lizards, for the cute and companion factor.  Thoughts?
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Karasu

sounds cute for familiar types XD

CShades

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on August 09, 2011, 07:33:00 PM
On another note, I'm thinking of allowing small, pern like lizards, for the cute and companion factor.  Thoughts?

Mmmmm, food.

"The next time I kill you, I promise you the labyrinth that consists of a single straight line that is both invisible and endless" ~Jorge Luis Borges.

Phantasmatical

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on August 09, 2011, 07:33:00 PMOn another note, I'm thinking of allowing small, pern like lizards, for the cute and companion factor.  Thoughts?

I support this idea 100%. I could just see my character with one or two creatures that size living on him. xD

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Karasu on August 09, 2011, 07:36:07 PM
sounds cute for familiar types XD

Cute and possibly annoying to the Dragon Characters -Smirks!-

Quote from: CShades on August 09, 2011, 07:46:19 PM
Mmmmm, food.

Bwahahahahahahahaahahaaa I love this sentiment!

Quote from: Phantasmatical on August 09, 2011, 07:51:37 PM
I support this idea 100%. I could just see my character with one or two creatures that size living on him. xD

They can be like the little fish that clean sharks/wales!  They live on the Dragon, and eat/clean the scales lmao.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Karasu

hahah  can't wait to see more XD

Phantasmatical

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on August 09, 2011, 07:53:10 PM
They can be like the little fish that clean sharks/wales!  They live on the Dragon, and eat/clean the scales lmao.

Yes! That's a brilliant idea. 8D I'm picturing little critters almost like draconic pterasaurs. Their front legs are their wings, they have long snouts designed for grabbing parasites out from between scales or snatching bugs out of the air, and they're fast and maneuverable to fly around the dragon while it's walking. They'd probably be too small to keep up with a dragon long-distance in flight, so they would have a series of talons on their wings that help them grab onto the scales of their host and hold on at flight speeds.

I like this idea quite a lot. ;D

Karasu

same here I can even factor taht into my character sheet! ^^

undisclosedtoyou

Lmao see, that's cute! Although I see some having two, and some have four.

Like this!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Phantasmatical

I love the ones on the left. The one on the right has a weird perspective, I think. It looks like the little guy's wings are set behind his legs on his body.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Phantasmatical on August 09, 2011, 08:43:59 PM
I love the ones on the left. The one on the right has a weird perspective, I think. It looks like the little guy's wings are set behind his legs on his body.

I think it might be the angle, although it's possible it's more horse shaped in the middle, so long torso with wings on the hind section.  I picture something like that flying, and want to coo, it would be so cute!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Phantasmatical

It would be! It looks like the dragons on the left are landing on a human's arm; would that be the approximate size of the mini-dragons?

Mini-dragons need a name for their species, I feel. How about wyverns? Or drakes? Using names well-known from mythology is easier to remember than making something entirely new up. Has a different flavor.

CShades

"The next time I kill you, I promise you the labyrinth that consists of a single straight line that is both invisible and endless" ~Jorge Luis Borges.

bubby

THANK you undisclosed, your info helped a LOT. I have PM'd you a bit of a char sheet, it's not complete as I am currently at work and can't make anything more extensive at the moment, but I wanted to be sure and get -something- to you before ALL the dragon slots were filled! I hope it's enough to spark your interest to let me in what looks to be a wonderful game!

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Phantasmatical on August 09, 2011, 09:03:11 PM
It would be! It looks like the dragons on the left are landing on a human's arm; would that be the approximate size of the mini-dragons?

Mini-dragons need a name for their species, I feel. How about wyverns? Or drakes? Using names well-known from mythology is easier to remember than making something entirely new up. Has a different flavor.

I'm good with having them called Drakes, and m yes, I think that would be the approximate size of an average mini dragon lizard thing.

Quote from: CShades on August 09, 2011, 09:36:11 PM

AIRHORSE !

Hahah, those pics are cute, that pendant is cute to btw!

Quote from: bubby on August 09, 2011, 09:57:45 PM
THANK you undisclosed, your info helped a LOT. I have PM'd you a bit of a char sheet, it's not complete as I am currently at work and can't make anything more extensive at the moment, but I wanted to be sure and get -something- to you before ALL the dragon slots were filled! I hope it's enough to spark your interest to let me in what looks to be a wonderful game!

Lol, you may call me Dis, it's faster to write out, and I'm glad I can help!  And yay, thank you for sending me what you have!  I have looked it over, and sent you a PM, so you should have a PM waiting for you lol :D
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Xanatos

I am going to have to withdraw my interest. The level of technology, akin to steampunk in a way turned me off. Good luck with the game.