The Jade Jaguar (Shadowrun 5e, NC)

Started by PixelatedPixie, March 10, 2018, 12:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PixelatedPixie

Hello!

This will be a Shadowrun 5th Edition game, with the plot focus on one (or more if things last that long) robberies/heists. 

GENERAL CONCEPT
My intent is for the game to progress through the information gathering, preparation work, execution, and aftermath stage.  The characters will be given a goal with some limited information, and it will be up to the characters/players to decide how to gather information and what course of action to pursue.  I am hoping to find people who won't get stuck with analysis paralysis, but also won't go entirely off the rails. 

The background plot that all characters will share is that they are in heavy debt after a failed run or some other activity.  The debt could be to the Mr. Johnson they are dealing with, or it could be to someone else and he has acquired it or offered to pay it off, regardless the characters are being forced to work cheap.

SMUT
The game will be rated non-consensual exotic, and the intent is to have a reasonable amount of smut.  That said, smut is intended to be the result of the plot and not the sole purpose of the game.  I see the smut generally occurring in two situations, when the character(s) are defeated, and the odds will be stacked against them, or when the character(s) are forced to use their body to carry out the mission. 

It should be mentioned that I prefer M/F content, and in the GM role I prefer to (mostly) have male antagonists.  So I prefer female characters (I don't care what the player is), though I am not flat banning male characters.  I just, because of my own on/offs, can't guarantee the same type/level of content for a male character.

SPECIFIC CONCEPT
Sea-Tac International Airport was hardly a low-key meeting spot, even if they were meeting in a small hangar on the edge of airport's grounds.  The sprawling structure was empty except for a single table in the middle of a space meant to hold multiple aircraft.  On the table, spread out with careless precision, were pictures of a jade statue of a jaguar from multiple angles. 

The runners were barely given time to look at the pictures before the limousine pulled up, rolling into the hangar and up to the table before it came to a stop.  The door opened, and out stepped a human woman with blonde hair and a body that had been sculpted to perfection.  A revealing dress clung to her curves, and while she appeared unarmed, there was something about the way she held herself that screamed high-end security.  She held the door open as Mr. Johnson hopped out.  A dwarf in a Hawaiian shirt and shorts, he wore a set of dark sunglasses and had a briefcase in his hands. 

"Good good, you're all here."  He mumbled, even as a second woman, a twin of the first except for a head of red hair, climbed out and took up station behind him.  "The Eighty-Eights hired the Blood Mountain Boys to steal some cargo that was being smuggled into town.  The statue was supposed to be a gift, so get it back.  You have ten days."  He tossed the briefcase onto the table, then turned to climb back into his limousine.  "Don't screw up, and don't call me unless you have the statue.  I'm on vacation."  With that, he was gone.

APPLICATION AND CREATION
I am not going first come first served, and will be keeping things relatively small.  I am also not looking for a character sheet right off.  I am mainly looking, to start, for a Name, Metatype, Role, and brief Description/Background.  The Role should be something like Face, Rigger, Street Samurai, etc. 

A character does not have to be an experienced runner.  Other concepts could certainly be interesting.

I will be using the Prime Runner alternate creation rules.
If you want to use something from anywhere other than the core rulebook, please specifically mention/source it so that I know where to look.

AndyZ

Posting interest ^_^ Probably going to go with an elf gunslinger adept.  Will have to ponder story and such, though.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Thorne

Hm. I /do/ have a Black Ops type elf I've been trying to rehome...
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Merdoroli

Dang it yall. How can I be an elf if both of you are? We can't have a full elven party.

>.>
<.<
>.>

Or can we?

Lol. I'm posting interest as well. Let me get re-acquainted with the shadowrun rules and I'll post a character asap.

AndyZ

We need to be a party of all elves and refer to ourselves as The Shelf.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Drowdeviant

*plants interest flag*

Got my alluring german elf femme fatale adept assassin all ready to go. xD

Quote from: AndyZ on March 10, 2018, 03:02:29 AM
We need to be a party of all elves and refer to ourselves as The Shelf.

Boo! Think up a better name! xD
My F-list: https://www.f-list.net/c/wolf%20king%20ii
My A/As: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223237.0 -My RPs and how many I can do at one time

Re Z L

Hmmm...  I'd be interested in doing a spirit-based mage  :)

Elf of course  ;D
A&A

Merdoroli

A start for the character. More will be added or changed as I fully make a character sheet. If. If I fully make a character sheet.

Name: Jade Bahar

Metatype: Elf

Role: Street Samurai

Brief Description/Background: Callous and generally quick to anger, Jade is almost always drinking and getting into a fight. Her impatience leads to her getting in in trouble more often than she should but with the help of her cybernetics and a good sword she also tends to make her problems disappear. Jade is pushy and temperamental. She gets along with a group when needed, but generally prefers to just go it alone. She doesn't have to worry about her partner(s) getting shot and her losing her paid day that way.

Thorne

Well, at this point, all we need is a troll. He provides the muscle, and all the invisible elves mow things down around him.

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

AndyZ

I was actually thinking we may need a hacker...

Thorne

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

AndyZ

Quote from: Thorne on March 10, 2018, 03:48:46 PM
I might know just the guy... >.>

Switching your concept, then?  I can try for a Technomancer, but if you're already working on it...

Thorne

Quote from: AndyZ on March 10, 2018, 04:15:26 PM
Switching your concept, then?  I can try for a Technomancer, but if you're already working on it...

Actually, I prodded a friend.
No idea if he's actually going to jump, but ... I prodded a friend.

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

AndyZ

Let me know ^_^ I can always swap my idea.

My current concept can work as either male or female; waiting to see what everyone is going for.  I'm not really into NC or prostituting my character, so if I go female, she'll probably just eschew most sexual situations anyway.

Thorne

Generally, I wouldn't worry too much; one way or another, it will work out. Before I forget, here's mine..

Meztli, elf black-ops.

Used to the clinging heat of the South American jungles, the cool, wet air of Seattle was a hard shock for the tall, bronze-skinned elven assassin. Meztli had time, but no contacts, had resources, but no outlets, so it took a little while to get her head around the way things worked this far north. The irony of her situation was not lost on her; she who had been responsible for the failures of dozens of shadowrunners, was now to become one. She who had protected corporate secrets from rivals was now going to be one of those who stole them.

Meztli is a tall, bronze-skinned elf, black-haired and amber-eyed. Her mods are largely the invisible kind, save the slit-pupiled cat eyes that give her their superior night vision. She favors dark grey, tailored body armor, but will make do with literally anything she can find, these days.
She is sniper, assassin or lookout as needed, and generally prefers to operate with stealth and a certain professional focus, but the fact is that cool façade conceals a considerable amount of unease and inexperience; she has been out of her depth ever since she crossed the border.

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

PixelatedPixie

I am fine with an entire party of one race, elves or otherwise, if that is what ends up happening.  It could potentially even turn into a plot hook of some sort or other.

So the concepts submitted so far, unless I missed any, are:

Merdoroli
  Elf Street Samurai
Thorne
  Elf Black-Ops

Ideally, and I know mention has been made of some of them, a dedicated Face, Decker/Techomancer, Rigger, and Spellcaster would be useful.  Though I am fine running without a properly balanced group, or with multiple of some, if that is how things work out.

AndyZ
I will do my best to tailor things to an individual on/off list, though I can't guarantee smut won't be taking place in threads (I may or may not switch threads or spoiler some content depending).  That said, if you aren't interested in smut (at least of the types specifically mentioned), a male concept might be better.  But when it comes down to it, you should go with whatever you think you would enjoy most.

AndyZ

Quote from: PerpetuallyAnnoyedCleric on March 11, 2018, 12:20:20 AM
AndyZ
I will do my best to tailor things to an individual on/off list, though I can't guarantee smut won't be taking place in threads (I may or may not switch threads or spoiler some content depending).  That said, if you aren't interested in smut (at least of the types specifically mentioned), a male concept might be better.  But when it comes down to it, you should go with whatever you think you would enjoy most.

Just getting a feel for your personal preferences ^_^ Sounds like I'm best off going male, and more than happy to do so.

LSWSjr

I got a pair of gals ready for this game, depending on what roles need filling :)

Name: Alexandra Rose Tritton
Handle: SH!TSL!NGER
Role(s): Street Doc

Name: Dandai Morrse
Handle: Magenta Monk of the Silken Eyes
Metatype: Human
Role(s): Adept

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr
"The true price of my immortality, has been outliving my children" - Kassey LeHane

http://lswsjr.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/ - the Home of my SFW art commissions
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/LSWSjr - the Home of my NSFW art commissions

PixelatedPixie

Had you decided on a character role AndyZ?

Did you have a preference between the two LSWSjr?  And did you have a background for your preferred character?

AndyZ

Seems like we've already got plenty of adepts.  I guess I'll give Male Human Technomancer a shot ^_^ Goes by Smiley and uses a Smiley face icon.

Edit: I may go Decker instead of Technomancer.  Reading over the rules for Technomancer and some of this seems confusing.  But I can do a Hacker either way.

Edit Edit: Actually, not really feeling a Hacker...

AndyZ

Zaer Darkwail

Do you accept total newb to the system? Or someone who's sheet needs made by someone else :P. I just like Shadowrun universe but haven't played any systems of it....

Re Z L

Quote from: AndyZ on March 13, 2018, 12:51:07 AM
Is Re Z L still going for Mage?

Yup, shaman stuff--so summoning mostly, and probably a pretty good fill for a face for the group too
A&A

Diabolus Lupus

If someone has a way to share source books, I would like to roll up a troll or minotaur if that is allowed. And if no one has claimed it yet I wouldn't mind trying my hand at being the face, especially cause I think it would be funnier with the elf group.

Merdoroli

I wouldn't mind helping make your character sheet Zaer Darkwell if you needed it. I actually enjoy making characters. I'd probably have to ask a billion questions to make sure I make something you like. But if you're okay with that I'm happy to help.

I'll also send a link to the core rulebook pdf to you lupus in pms.

Zaer Darkwail

Thanks Merdoroli :). I appreciate the help. So far I am leaning towards technomancer/rigger (preferably aim for 'spider' sort build). A child or grandchild of one the otakus (and to keep on theme; a elf).

LSWSjr

Quote from: PerpetuallyAnnoyedCleric on March 12, 2018, 11:29:21 PMDid you have a preference between the two LSWSjr?  And did you have a background for your preferred character?
I have backgrounds for both, as for preference I’d probably say the medic/chemist SH!TSL!NGER as she’ll free up an Adept position for another player and I’m always happy to play the healer.

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr
"The true price of my immortality, has been outliving my children" - Kassey LeHane

http://lswsjr.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/ - the Home of my SFW art commissions
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/LSWSjr - the Home of my NSFW art commissions

TFcommando

Tossing out an idea!

Mai Blackrose, human hermetic combat mage.  A young woman growing up in Ares whose magical talent was discovered at an early age, channeled through one accelerated educational program after another to hone her abilities and then into an elite security response team.  Her team encountered something horrific that the company wanted kept quiet and she was one of the only survivors of the cover up, living in the shadows... and making up for lost time in following hedonistic urges that she couldn't before, presenting as a "sexy evil sorceress" so unlike who she was before.  Dragonslayer mentor spirit.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in
Canon Character Roleplay and System-based Roleplay

PixelatedPixie

So the concepts I have gotten so far (Name/Meta/Role/Background or Description) are:

Merdoroli
  Elf Street Samurai
Thorne
  Elf Black-Ops
TFcommando
  Human Hermetic Combat Mage

Other people who have expressed interest are:

AndyZ: Unknown
Drowdeviant: Elf Adept Assassin
Re Z L: Elf Shaman
LSWSjr: Elf Street Doc
Zaer Darkwail: Elf Technomancer/Rigger
Diabolus Lupus: Troll or Minotaur Face

Please let me know if I missed you or your concept!

Everyone
If you are interested, and haven't already, please post a brief character concept including some sort of description/background.  I don't need a full character sheet yet, as I doubt I will be able to take everyone unless I split things into two groups somehow.

AndyZ
A Mage or your original Gunslinger could potentially work if you want to go either direction.  I am not necessarily looking for a balanced party.

Zaer Darkwail
I won't reject someone because they are new to the system, but I am probably not up for a huge amount of hand-holding.  Though the benefit of play by post is you generally have time to look things up if need be.

Diabolus Lupus
I won't flat out ban a minotaur, but I'd have to look up the rules for metavariants as I tend to avoid them.

Re Z L

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on March 13, 2018, 08:17:19 AM
Thanks Merdoroli :). I appreciate the help. So far I am leaning towards technomancer/rigger (preferably aim for 'spider' sort build). A child or grandchild of one the otakus (and to keep on theme; a elf).

Not to say Technomancers are incompatible with being a Rigger, generally it's more difficult to build a Technomancer into a Rigger--you get a lot of competing priorities from what I remember reading when I was building a Rigger some time back.

Technomancers make great hackers right out of the box though.

(disclaimer:  I'm not the most knowledgeable on the system, this is just from stuff I remember reading elsewhere in the past, so I may be a little off)
A&A

TFcommando

Quote from: Re Z L on March 13, 2018, 06:27:47 PM
Not to say Technomancers are incompatible with being a Rigger, generally it's more difficult to build a Technomancer into a Rigger--you get a lot of competing priorities from what I remember reading when I was building a Rigger some time back.

Technomancers make great hackers right out of the box though.

(disclaimer:  I'm not the most knowledgeable on the system, this is just from stuff I remember reading elsewhere in the past, so I may be a little off)

It might be a little easier with the prime runner rules as even the lowest priority gives you 100,000 for gear instead of just 6,000.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Re Z L

Quote from: TFcommando on March 13, 2018, 07:15:34 PM
It might be a little easier with the prime runner rules as even the lowest priority gives you 100,000 for gear instead of just 6,000.

Yea that would definitely help, riggers love their cash!
A&A

AndyZ

Put me back down for the Adept ^_^ More firepower won't hurt.

AndyZ

Kaze: Elf Combat Adept.  His preferred weapons are a short-barrel Defiance T-250 for short range and a Remington 950 for long range, but he keeps a Monofilament Whip as a Weapon Focus for when things really hit the fan.  He tends to be jovial, friendly, and sometimes flirtatious before a mission begins, but locks in with profession stoicism while on the task at hand.

He also drives a Hyundai Shin-Hyung, which isn't big enough for the entire group, but allows for a degree of splitting up or escape depending on our Rigger's preferences.

Florence

If there's room, I'm interested :o I can throw up a character concept later.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

PixelatedPixie

So the concepts I have gotten so far (Name/Meta/Role/Background or Description) are:

Merdoroli
  Elf Street Samurai
Thorne
  Elf Black-Ops
TFcommando
  Human Hermetic Combat Mage
AndyZ
  Elf Combat Adept

Other people who have expressed interest are:

Drowdeviant: Elf Adept Assassin
Re Z L: Elf Shaman
LSWSjr: Elf Street Doc
Zaer Darkwail: Elf Technomancer/Rigger
Diabolus Lupus: Troll or Minotaur Face
Florence: Unknown

Everyone
I will give things a couple more days then close down recruitment and sort out how to get things started.  So if interested please get a concept in!

Florence
If you are interested feel free to toss in a concept. :-)

LSWSjr

I've played around with different builds and backgrounds that'd best suit this campaign, would this one work?

Name: Alexandra Rose Tritton
-----
Handle: Princess M.D.
-----
-----
Role(s): Street Doc
-----
Background: Alexandra was born in Tír Tairngire, as the second of Patrick and Eleanor Tritton's three children and their eldest daughter. In her childhood Alexandra displayed a desire to care for and protect those around her, progressively learning first aid and basic medical skills as she grew, to help treat those around her if they ever became sick or injured. Admiring her drive, Eleanor went to great expense to see her daughter implanted with a wealth of bioware to help Alex reach her full potential, in time going on to graduate medical school in the top 4% of her class.

Yet life took a turn two years after that, when her sister Clara abruptly ceased all communications with the family, compelling the physician to track down her beloved sibling who'd previously disowned their parents for "some lower class boy from Washington" as her mother had put it. Going against her father's judgement, Alex went so far as to buy her way into a team of runners to personally assist her in the search after the official channels failed to produce results, soon earning the handle of 'Princess M.D.' from the bemused crew.

It took them around six months to find her sister, by which time Alexandra was irrecoverably tainted by the filth, suffering, exploitation and brief moments of debauchery she was unwittingly exposed to, whilst Clara had become an escort for a crime lord who used a designer virus to keep her in line, with its progression only halted by injections given at the conclusion of each successful 'appointment' her sister Clara attended.

Now Alex works to slow the virus' progression whilst looking for a cure and doing what she can to hold on to the dwindling remains of the altruistic high born woman she once was.

Muse

Hope I'm not too late! 

Putting together two applications now, both dwarf girls..  That said, one is a street samurai and one is a hermetic mage.  Digging around in my head for something that would diversify applications a bit, but I can see that there's enough applicants that overlap and direct competition is inevitable.  Let's all do our best and give Cleric a great group to choose from. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Muse

Alias:  Tempo
Name:  Niski Quade
Metatype: Dwarf
Primary Roll: Street Samurai
Secondary Roll: Face
Adaptation Options:  I tweak Niski's build a bit.  As primary face an secondary street samurai she could cover different party rolls and still be true to concept. 

History and Concept
   Growing up in an Evo archology, Niski Quade's family had deep ambitions for their daughter.  They filled her every waking moment with music and dance.  Part of it,  maybe, was that they wanted to help her fit in despite being a dwarf.  They started her on enhancements that would make her more alluring company and a more fantastic dancer as young as they dared.  By age 15, Niksi was part of a girl band.  Initially, she was dazzled by the job, but quickly became disillusioned.  She got to dance, sing, and play her guitar for adoring audience, yes, but it was all strictly according to Hoyle.  The music was dull and formulaic, she wasn't allowed to perform her own compositions, and she occasionally caught her managers talking about who would be 'the next big thing'. 

Niski's parents may have obsessed over her musical career, but her uncle Otis was a bit more pragmatic.  He thought Niski to defend herself with unarmed combat, even took her to the rifle range, and was willing to talk to her about the life of adventure and terror he and her mother had lived before Dunklezhan's will made it possible for them to get a SIN. 

By the time she was seventeen, Niski realized that the managers at EVO didn't intend for her to last as a musician—weren't going to give her the chance to be more than a cute young performer, and were sacrificing some of her education and opportunity to enjoy her teen years for their own profit.  Partially for reasons like this, and partially out of a simple sense of adventure, she decided she was going to become a runner.  She let her father arrange a trust fund for her, and paid in to it 'til she could live a comfortable middle class lifestyle for life after retirement.  Meanwhile a lot her her money was going into—not the trips to the mall and parties with friends she claimed—but investments in gray and black market cybernetics and weaponry! 

By age nineteen, though Niski was still working 10 hours a week with her band doing recordings and concerts, it was clear that her star was falling.  The corp had never really expected them to be more than teenage sensation—one of a hundred in any given generation. 

It was time for her next adventure to start.
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Zaer Darkwail

Alias:  M0rph3us
Name: Elias Brynwood
Primary Roll: Matrix Support (Technomancer Hacker)
Secondary Roll: Fire Support (Spirites&Drones, hacked security systems turned against enemies etc)

History and Concept
M0rph3us, a.k.a Elias Brynwood was born in year 2059, five years before second matrix crash to pair of otaku elf parents who met in Matrix and later on met together in real life. Both his parents became otaku's after 2029, first Matrix crash incident. However they did not fade when they turned to past 30 thanks influence of Mirage, the super AI who had created counter deadly crash virus and resulted in first crash. His both parents were famous in otaku community and they ran their own otaku tribe called Brynwoods (which ceased to be after second Matrix crash). Neither parent had SIN so thus no last names as they both were offspring of deckers and thus criminal offspring. However later father and mother married and took tribe name as last name.

However in the second Matrix crash, Elias mother became trapped inside Matrix during the collapse and she could not wake up, send her into a permament comatose state. Father survived and mourned for her loss and he suffered fading, after all these years, since disappearance of Mirage. Father however did not give up and he instead trained quickly to become a decker, learning the tricks of trade from his own father (Elias grandfather). He became shadow runner to earn income to upkeep hospital expenses which were needed for mother to kept alive and fed while doctors try figure out how wake her up.

However turning ten Elias then communed with his mother.....and mother came back as form of sprite?! As sprite appeared on hospital room in form of augmented reality and talked and behaved much like his mother, his father did not doubt it....upon restart of Matrix his son had become otaku, or more accurately; technomancer. This term was also coined in news when in Hong Kong there was incident with them, when they broke out and caused massive casualties when they broke out from Mitsuhama corporation facility. Seeing how technomancers became hunted down he instructed Elias how 'disguise' his abilities, fake to be decker so to speak. Elias early on with guidance of decker grandfather, former otaku father and digital excisting sprite mother he became quite proficient in hacking into systems and also get accustomed in using and controlling drones in creative way along with sprites (or disguise sprites as drones or rather 'ghost' inside drone without actual real AI in them).

He took alias after greek god of dreams, as he likes think himself as among first generation technomancers quite skilled one (god like) and perhaps have chance challenge FastJack. However he is not interested on fame but more as skill test for himself. But he feels he need few shadowruns to gain further experience....albeit his father had retired (after big and dangerous job which paid his retirement from it for long while at least), he had contacts which Elias could use to enter said life and so Elias did. He feels it's his destiny of sort considering his family tree; to be third generation shadow runner (first being grandfather in father's side while mother's side you find loose mafia connection). His mother's sprite naturally accompanies him and provides help and guidance in Matrix.

Muse

Alias:  Lexicon
Name:  Suzi Aron
Metatype: Dwarf
Roll/Concept:  Hermetic Demon Hunter

History and Concept

Okay, so it's a bit embarrassing for a girl growing up an ares citizen, going to school to become a combat mage, to shoot herself in the foot the first time she picks up an Ares Predator.  My relationship with guns hasn't really gotten any better since. 

I sometimes joke that I left Knight Errant because they kept trying to issue me a pistol.  Well, they did, and some of my officers were peeved that I never took the things out of their case.  That's not why I left, though.  Simply put, neither i nor Dragonslayer were at all pleased last year when we were ordered to allow a pack of hell hounds to go on a rampage in a part of town that hadn't paid for our services in 3 years. 

I can see Knight Errant's perspective here.  Knight Errant is a business.  It's entirely rational to not want to bleed and burn, then go home to your family without a paycheck. 

It's also the work of cold hearted bastards. 

So I got into a little it of debt buying a few fake SINs and getting set up as a shadowrunner.  Sometimes I rob my former employers to make a living.  Other times, I get to do what I'm best at--take the fight to the real monsters, paycheck or not.  Either way, I get to choose my battles now. 

Well, except for that bloody debt...

Re Z L

A&A

Diabolus Lupus

Alias: Sitting Bull
Name: Tatanka Running Bear
Metatype: Troll (Or minotaur)
Roll: Face

Tatanka grew up in the Sioux Nation with his family. Where he learned to survive quite well on his own. But gainful occupation is hard to find as a troll/minotaur, so he soon turned to running. Despite his looks, he actually is fairly good with people and has used peoples' misconceptions to his advantage on numerous occasions. Because who expects a troll to be well spoken, really?

Re Z L

Name:  Cio "CC" Caparelli
Handle:  T®A$H 🐼
Metatype:  Elf
Role:  Face/Shaman

Description:  Oft-goggled, tan-skinned elf girl with dreadlocks with a near-constant wry expression on her thin lips.  She wears a mish-mash of more utilitarian clothes than what someone might consider "fashionable".  Good natured, though sometimes less concerned about etiquette, she is easy to get along with and has an endearing quality despite what people might think of her outward appearances.

Background:  She never met her parents, instead growing up in orphanages, foster homes, or halfway houses--places she never really felt "home" in.  Inevitably she would cause some kind of mischief or trouble and be out on her own, eventually to be picked back up into "the system" again.  Around the age of 16, though, it finally stuck and she stayed living in the streets and hovels of Puyallup in Seattle.

The very definition of "street rat", the young elf-girl managed to get into any kind of place to retrieve whatever it might be that she needed to get by, scavenging whatever resources were necessary.  The puzzle of making her limited resources work for her was also appealing to her and helped define her early development.  Anything was useful, from a pair of over-sized boots to old novels thrown away.  The budding magic in the yet unknown street-shaman had already attracted her Spirit Mentor, a Racoon.  It made more of a game of it than simply confronting her, sometimes leading her down old alleyways into subtle traps that she would worm her way out of, or into situations that would require her to think outside of her normal frame of reference.

When she finally came into her magical gifts she became more of a staple among the wayward community.  While not exactly straight-forward in her help, she would offer some guidance to those that asked, or information to people who could pay the right price.  It was this growing reputation that eventually connected her to some Shadowrunners.  She saw running the shadows more of a game or a puzzle to figure out rather than simply a way to make a name for herself.  Wealth was nice and all, but possessions are temporary, whereas a reputation as the smartest runner could last a lifetime.
A&A

Florence

I think I might re-use a character I never got to play, and throw that concept up here.

She was a former peshmerga fighter turned Shadowrunner from the Kurdish Autonomous Zone. She'd be the street sam type.

I've also got another character who was an anarchist from Berlin (originally from London) who got the hell out of there when things became decidedly unfriendly for anarchists. She's an unarmed adept.

Also have more 'out there' concepts like a shapeshifter mage, but might be better to keep it relatively simple.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

TFcommando

I've never made a Prime Runner before.  Do you get to spend up to 35 points on positive qualities, since you can have up to 35 in negatives, or is the positive limit of 25 still in place, with the extra Karma used for more breadth of skills, contacts and such?
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

LSWSjr

Quote from: TFcommando on March 16, 2018, 01:47:45 PMDo you get to spend up to 35 points on positive qualities[…]?
Chummer raises the maximum positive qualities to 35 when set for Prime Runners, so I just trust that to be correct.

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr

Muse

I concur with Rowan, though from my memories of reading the book rather than from the settings on  Chummer. 

Marie Reynolds

If recruitment is  still open.I would like to offer up a An Elf biowared out   Locpick/safe cracker/escape artist/ Face.

You receive 35 Karma and can go up 70 karma  as a prime runner.

PixelatedPixie

I am going to close down recruitment now, as I am already well beyond how many players I will be able to handle.  Sorry anyone who didn't have a chance to get one in.

I hate not being able to take everyone.   :-(  But for my own sanity I am going to start with: Thorne, LSWSjr, Re Z L, Merdoroli, and AndyZ.  If things go well or there is attrition, I will keep everyone else in mind!

Sorry again and thank you for the interest and effort. 

For the above listed, the character thread is here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=284548.0
The OOC thread here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=284549.0