Avengers Next (Recruitment)

Started by BlackStone, February 26, 2018, 09:35:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackStone

In the distance is the planet Earth, sitting in the black void of space, and about it the remains of its orbiting satellite, Luna, a portion of it reduced to rubble making a faint ring about the large asteroid like lunar body, a crater the size of the state of California carved deep into the dead, gray surface, and over the horizon, comes a large stellar vessel, appearing in the blink of an eye, its shape and mass half of such as Luna, the ship itself a sinuous and sleek despite its size, a massive viper waiting to strike.   

There was an idea...

A tall humanoid shape, lithe yet with a powerful physical presence looks on through an energy field to a holographic projection of the Earth.  The voice it speaks in alien, accented, yet one could not hide the tone of utter contempt and smug superiority, as well as a hint of incredulity.  "To think they wiped out and killed the very people who could ever save them from their fate.  They routed the Chitari, they defeated Thanos, they repelled the World Eater multiple times, and now their own arrogance and sheer idiocy will be the end of them."

To bring together a remarkable group of people.

A woman takes off a helmet.  She is dressed in crimson and black urban combat armor.  Her hair sweat soaked, long blond locks of it looking near back.  A hand goes to the woman's shoulder, spinning her about, facing a man's whose face is full if fear and concern and more as he pleads with her, his voice frantic, and almost desperate.  "Damn it Karen you can't go back out there, you can't!  Don't you see it, they want to kill you, they will kill you why in the Hell would you, how could you?"

The woman, Karen shakes off the shoulder.  Sweat pouring down the side of her face, mingling in with the blood steaming from the left side of her ear and nose, her left eye also having a crimson cast too it.  It is clear her steps unsteady, yet her voice determined and clear, as the resolve in her eyes.  "Because I can!  Because no one else will, and by God, Daniel, they deserve better than SHIELD letting them die like sheep!"

To see if we could become something more.

Dust and fire and smoke all prevail about the chamber as two people rush towards what looked to be some sort of vessel.  It's small, room for only one person at best.  About them, the impending doom of cataclysmic intensity.  The one man touches a series of code and then gestures towards the other man.  "You have to go, now!  Titian is crippled, dying even but much worse would happen to the universe if they find the others on Earth.  Go, be our champion, be the beacon of hope to spark them to do what has to be done, what needs to be done!  Go now!"

So when they needed us, we could fight the battles.

A young man with dark hair casting defiant and angry eyes about everything and everyone about him.  Rage, the type of anger of a man who has been pushed to the edge and not going to take it anymore, a man to use passion and channel it into something else, into something more.  His voice crackles and vibrates the depth of emotion as his chin lifts and eyes flash such intensity they could cut diamond.  "Because my last name is not Stane, and Obadiah was not my grandfather.  My name is Stark, and it is about damned time I do something about it!"

That they never could.

A fantastical city in ruins, raging fires and smoke upon the horizon and about the two people present, the shattered remains of the Bifrost.  A voice which could be heard across the nine realms thrusting in the great sword Hofund thrust into what remains, desperately trying to open the gate one more time.  "For the honor of your father and mother, for the survival of the nine realms, and above all else my child, for Asgardia!"

Searching for primary members.  All founding members...deceased.  All reserve members...deceased.

Series of graves, many of them decaying and not maintained, set upon a near barren piece of ground with only hints of sickly grass growing about.  A light shinning over the tombstones and the names carved into them.  Natashia Romanoff, Clint Barton, Anthony Stark, Steven Rogers...

Initiating the Avengers Next Initiative.

A vast mountaintop and the remains of what looks to be an old style monastery.  Green things, vibrant and full of life surround the woman sitting cross-legged upon the field of grass so green it shinned like emeralds, floating a good few inches off the ground.  Her eyes closed, her mind distant, yet they open in a flash as a whisper from the past, of a time of pain and sorry and blood and so much more reaches out, regret deep in its whisper tone, yet unwavering none the less.  "It's time, the Earth needs its Sorceress Supreme once more."

Avengers...Assemble.

Looking to see if there is any interest in this old idea I came up with in one of my first attempts at a group game.  I came up with the concept from the old Marvel Superheros RPG by TSR, the MX series of gaming modules which explored the Nightmares of Future Past.   I had thought about the conclusion of MX-4 Flames of Doom where humanity actually beat the Sentinels.  From such musing did this plot arrive, much in a parallel way Star Trek, the Next Generation came about, rebooting the franchise near 90 year into the future.  Such is the case here, with a world which seems to be held together with scotch tape and the need of heroes.. 

The above vignettes were old character concepts when I attempted to start this game before.  Please do not be intimidated by them or think the game is full because of them.  Also I will admit the above was heavily influenced by the Infinity War trailer, but I will admit the trailer was one of the best movie trailers put together to the point it made me go "I want to see this now."  I am hoping the emotion and the vision of the scene will inspire folks to want to start this and get the game going.

Game Threads
OOC Thread
Character Bio

Act 1
Ruins of New York
Atlantic Ocean

persephone325

This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

HockeyGod

Primarch

I could be down to take on a Thor kid.

BlackStone

So character concept is below.  I am going to pick the best 5-6 concepts so this is not going to be first come first serve so take your time.   You can hit the "select" below and then control "c" to copy it into your post.   Please PM me your character concept first and when I give you the go ahead, you can post it publicly here.  This way the game thread is not cluttered with character concepts that were not approved.

Also I do want to state that I am a fairly flexible guy, so if I come to you and ask if you are willing to alter your concept a bit, it is because I am trying to build a group of people that have that "Avengers" feel to it.  It does not mean that everyone is going to be BFF's, I would like there some friction as I think that would aid in character development.  However I do not want a a character that could sabotage and break the team either, so if I am coming to you, it is because that not because I am trying to do a GM power trip, or wanting to tell you how to make and create your character.

I forgot about one question as far as powers I frown upon and likely won't approve.

• Reality manipulation.  Can get OP way too quickly
  • Mater transformation
  • Time Travel
  • Anything more than four powers is going to be a hard sell, especially if your character is uber at all powers.
  • Mary and Max Sue's.  Being the ultimate bad ass and having the strength of the Hulk and the agility of Spider-Man, or having the powers of Superman because you are Kryptonian and the fighting skills of Batman, not going to happen (I know the last two are DC characters but it works well to get the point across I think)
  • Adamantium skeleton or anything remotely related.  I happen to think Wolverine is a great character, but it was also a very unique set of circumstances which brought about the bonding of Adamantium to his skeleton and thought it had been overdone later on in comics.  It is much like Drizzit Do'Urden in Forgotten Realms.  One character concept of a good Drow made  him exciting.  Multiple carbon clones of him, not so much.  It is kind of a pet peeve of mine, and even being a descendant of Wolverine will not fly with me, sorry.

Powers I will consider with limitations on them

• Power Absorption.  Taking one power from a person, great, trying to take 10, yes there will be issues
  • Regeneration.  Saying you heal fast and can recover a broken bone in a day or so, no problem.  Healing fatal wounds in a blink of a eye, or regeneration of a lost limb, not gonna happen and will take time
  • Magneto like powers.  Controlling only one type of metal completely, sure I can get behind it.  All types of metal?  Not so much.  I loved early in the comics when they were true to the character and his power was magnetism, and only able to effect ferrous metal.  Later iterations like in the movies, hated it.  Not saying you can't make a character who could control all metal, but there will be drawbacks, such as it would be far easier to manipulate soft metals like gold, lead, tin, because they are ductile and soft metals.  You wanting to bend an adamatium plate, nope won't happen.  Hope this makes sense.
  • Immortality.  Aging slowly so it seems like your are timeless, I am good with. Actual not aging at all, and always come back to life and can't die, not so much.
  • Lastly (reserving GM fiat to add if something comes up that makes me go "Hell no"), saying you are the kid of two canon characters, and you gain the powers of both character, such as if Cyclops and Emma Frost had a baby and now you got a person who has both optic blasts, can turn into diamond, and telepathy.   Genetics really does not work in such a way and such characters are are a real hard sell for me.  If I wanted pure canon characters, the setting of the game would not be 100 years in the future.  Give me a nice plot hook twist to your character, such as Thor's daughter, but no Hammer and using some other forged artifact from Asgard, Daredevil, but female and using an unique combat armor to mimic some of the abilities he had.

Also keep in mind this game takes place really far into the future.  Mainstream cannon characters would be well into 90's-110 years old, so you might need to have any cannon characters you want to be linked at least 2 generations back, with 3-4 generations apart being more realistic.   We are talking about 86 years from present time, 2070-75 (haven't decided yet), which is three generations ahead at the least.  Second or first generation siblings will need to have to be some form of slow aging, which would count as a power in my book.

I am not trying to be too restrictive here, but I am looking for characters where I can build a story about them, and characters which could save the day in 2.2 seconds and not break a sweat are not what I am looking for, nor carbon copies of existing heroes.   I hope this makes sense.

[float=right][img height=300 padding=5]Paste the URL of the image you are using here.[/img][/float]
[b]Player ID:[/b] Your Elliquiy login ID

[font=French Script MT][b][size=20pt]Character Basics[/size][/b][/font]
[b]Name:[/b] What are they called
[b]Code/Hero Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b] Self explanatory
[b]Origin:[/b] Mutant, Altered Human, Magic, Hi-Tech
[b]Race:[/b] Human, Kree, Skrull, Asgardian
[b]Sexuality:[/b] Optional
[b]On's:[/b]
[b]Off's:[/b]

[hr]
[font=French Script MT][b][size=20pt]Character Appearance[/size][/b][/font]
[b]Height:[/b] In inches and/or cm
[b]Weight:[/b] In Lb and/or Kg
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Hair Color:[/b] Specify if not clear from the photo, or put As Picture.
[b]Eye Color:[/b] As above
[b]Build:[/b] As above.
[b]Distinguishing marks:[/b] Is there anything unusual about them, piercings, tattoos, scars,  missing limbs, etc.
[b]Occupation:[/b] Self explanatory
[b]Residence:[/b] Keep in mind almost all of the major cities in North America were devastated in the Sentinel War.  Feel free to knock yourself out otherwise with your creativity

[hr]
[size=12pt][b]Personality:[/b] [/size]
What sort of person are they, how do they react to others, what pushes their buttons, what calms them down. Please type at least one paragraph

[hr]
[size=12pt][b]History:[/b] [/size]
Feel free to be creative but do try to limit the big damn hero moments, as I promise you will have your moments in the game.  Keep in mind the setting of being fifty years after the Sentinel's devastated North America and killed off the heroes so I am looking for original characters, but I am good with plot hooks to previous Marvel characters.

[hr]
[size=12pt][b]Powers/Abilities:[/b] [/size]
When you are putting them down, do try to give me some frame of reference, such as if you say your character can stretch, tell me how far.  If they have super strength, tell me how much they can lift.  If they have super speed, how fast can they move.   I am not looking for [i][u]War and Peace[/u][/i] in your descriptions, but I do want to be able to wrap my mind about the bounds and range of your powers/abilities.  If your abilities are derived from an object, item, power armor, put it in this section as well.

[hr]
[size=12pt][b]Skills:[/b] [/size]
Talents and Skills, stuff that is not super powered goes here, like you are a Black Belt in Martial Artist, you have a skilled knowledge of electronics, you hold a PhD level education in nuclear fusion, etc.

[hr]
[size=12pt][b]Limitations/Weaknesses:[/b][/size]
Your character should have at least one.

[b]Other Info:[/b] Anything else you think might be important. (Optional, if you can't think of anything you may delete this section).

BlackStone

The following is an example of what I am looking for as far as character submissions. 

Player ID: Blackstone

Character Basics
Name: Karen Cross
Code/Hero Name: Daredevil (GM NPC)
Origin: Hi-tech
Race: Human
Sexuality: Heterosexual, but bi-curious
On's: Uniforms, submissive me, bondage, foreplay
Off's: Vore, scat, body fluids, blood, pure sadistic torture with no purpose, permanent harm or maiming

Character Appearance
Height: 70"
Weight: 150 lbs, 175 lbs in armor
Hair Color: Blond
Eye Color: Blue
Build: Athletic and fit
Distinguishing marks: Pierced navel and nipples, Celtic knot-work tattoo on small of  her back and hips
Residence: New Haven, Clinton District and ruins of New York, specifically Hell's Kitchen

Personality:
Karen is a driven and passionate person who cares above all else in protecting people.  She also is young and full of frustration.  She had seen the law fall short, or fail to protect those that are truly in need.  She has been outspoken of the government's lack of support to the New York ruins.  At her core, Karen is a loyal person, and as a result, she is deeply conflicted that her views and her profession to not line up.  It is that reason why she created the Daredevil armor, to fill in the gaps where the law and government were unable, or unwilling to help those that she sees are in need.

History:
Karen grew up listening to the stories from her grandmother, stories of heroes, of people willing to put themselves on the line and sacrifice.  She also told the horrors of the Sentinel war, of the widespread death and destruction.  Before the start of the war, over half a billion people lived in North America, buy the end of the war that population had been reduced to two hundred million.  Sixty percent, every six out of ten people dead, that was how devastating the war was, and how it nearly lead to the end of all life.  Heroes, like the ones her grand mother told Karen about, sacrificed themselves and ended the war, ended it before the Sentinels could leave North American shores.

The one hero that Karen's grandmother, who was also named Karen, spoke about the most was Daredevil.  Of all of the heroes of her time before the Sentinel War, Daredevil was the one she spoke about and respected the most.  It was in part of bias, for the elder Karen's adopted parents told her that Daredevil had saved Karen as a baby.   Karen's mother was killed by a villain named Mystero, and Karen herself used in an effort to drive Daredevil insane.  Like heroes do, Daredevil thwarted Mystero, and rescued Karen.  As such, the elder Karen avidly followed the hero's life and career.   The scrap books she made were one of the possessions that Karen's grandmother passed down to her.

It was those stories that inspired Karen.  Even though she was from the ruins of New York, she managed to get herself accepted to the Academy.  It was the proudest day of her life when she graduated and became an Agent of SHIELD.  For two years, it was everything that Karen could had dreamed and hoped for, she was there, stationed in New Haven's Clinton district, bordering the ruins of New York.  It was after that time that things began to sour for Karen, and she began to grow disillusioned with SHIELD, and the government.

It began when there was a distress call from a settlement inside of the ruins.  Karen was on patrol at the time and asked for permission to investigate.  She was denied, citing that her current operation was more important.  Karen was merely back up security to a Senator that was eating at his favorite restaurant in Clinton.  Karen tried as much as she could, but she was denied, and cited for insubordination.  Karen later found out that some paramilitary group had assaulted the settlement, and that twenty people were killed.  Karen again raised the issue with her superiors and was told point blank that due to the limited manpower and resources, the Clinton station could not, nor would it, support settlements still operating in the ruins of New York.  It was their choice to live beyond the bounds of the North American Union.

Karen almost resigned that day, but after she calmed down, she realized her position in SHIELD were the settlers in the ruins, like her parents, was the best resource she had to do something.  It was during this period of hot rage to cold rationalization that if SHIELD was unable and unwilling to anything, that Karen had too.  However, she needed to do so in such a way as to not jeopardize her position in SHIELD.  Her eyes went to the scrapbooks, and an idea formed.  For the next several months, Karen acquired the materials to create a powered set of armor that mimicked Daredevil's abilities as best as she could.  Now when she can, Daredevil prowls the ruins of New York City, ironically in the old neighborhood that once was "Hell's Kitchen", bringing the legend that was Daredevil back in the world once more.

Powers/Abilities:
Eidetic Memory: Either by mutation or rare skill, Karen has perfect recall of anything she had ever read or heard.  However, she does not have unlimited memory and found that unless she made an effort, anything longer ten years in the past is difficult to recall.

Daredevil Armor: Karen took a standard issue urban combat armor from SHIELD and modified it into enhanced combat armor that duplicated the abilities of Daredevil as best as she could that was documented.   The armor has the following abilities.

• Damage Resistance: Made from a carbon composite and titanium try weave, the armor is the best mix of protection and flexibility.  The armor as such can give Karen protection from the penetrating power of even military grade weapons up to 50 caliber and plasma energy blasts.  While the armor does it best to spread out the kinetic energy of such impacts, it is still possible to generate a sufficient impact to bruise Karen under the armor.
  • Combat Computer: This feature duplicated fairly well Daredevil's "Radar Sense"  The combat computer functions as the 360 degree detection suit that is able to flag and identify locations and potential threats to Karen.  The range of this system is good out to three hundred yards, leaving Karen potentially vulnerable to ranged threats and weapons with a range greater than three hundred yards.
  • Forensic Suite: This feature of the Daredevil armor duplicated to the best of Karen's ability the heightened senses that Daredevil possessed.  When activated, the armor is able to gather other sensory input through sophisticated sensors and translated that into date that can be displayed to Karen.  With this feature activated, Karen can record the heartbeats, read the ink on old printed text, break down the chemical compounds to their base components.  The range of this feature is limited to one hundred yards, and when activated, an attack targeted to overload the armor's sensors will trigger fail safes to kick in and shut down the senor package and the combat computer and reboot, a process that takes up to a minute.

Combat Club: A near duplicate of Daredevil's famous "Billy Club".  Like the original, the club is constructed of carbon composites and titanium, making it fairly durable.  It can be separated and contains in it a five hundred pound test weight cable.  One end of the cable can he launched up to the length of the cable, which is fifty feet.  When used as ranged weapon, the end of the club hits with enough force to knock a two hundred pound person off their feet.  Karen can very the length of the cable to configure the club into different weapons.

• Escrima Staff
  • Nunchuks
  • Chain Whip (Jiujiebian)

Skills:

• Engineering: Karen possesses a master's level education in Electrical, Mechanical, and Software Engineering
  • Law Enforcement: Karen is skilled in modern law enforcement processes and protocol
  • Forensic Science: Karen is considered skilled with crime scene investigations
  • Martial Arts: Karen is skilled in hand to hand combat
  • Weapon Skill: Karen is skilled with the three configurations that the billy club can be configured into in melee combat
  • Marksman: Karen is a marksman with modern small firearms
  • Gymnastics: Karen is a skilled gymnast

Limitations/Weaknesses:

• Without the Daredevil armor and combat club, Karen is a normal human that engages in vigorous athletic exercise
  • Karen has a temper, and when her views or authority is challenged, she can and often looses her cool, much to her determent.  It can also cause her to act rashly in combat and not think through the possible outcomes, making her at times, predictable

Other Info: Right now this character is a NPC and being used as an example of character bio I would like submitted.

BlackStone

Player ID: Blackstone

Character Basics
Name: Daniel Stark by birth, Daniel Stane legally (GM NPC)
Code/Hero Name: Shield
Origin: Hi-Tech
Sexuality: Bisexual
On's: Being in control, public sex, green eyes, strong women
Off's: The usual

Character Appearance
Height: 75 in (6'3")
Weight: 205 lbs
Hair Color: As Picture
Eye Color: As above
Build: Athletic
Distinguishing marks: Mole on his right cheek near the mouth and nose
Residence: New Haven as well as Saint Xavier on the West Coast

Personality:
Curious and creative as well as passionate are some of the words to use for Daniel.  He also feels the pressure and weight of his legacy, being the descendant of Tony Stark and having to keep such knowledge a secret.  At times Daniel can come off as a bit crass and condescending, and has little patient for people that he has to explain something more than once too.  As such he has angered more than a few supervisors in his time, as well as other board members at Stane Industries.  Daniel is outspoken about the government's lack of progress and motivation to reclaim the ruins of North America, like New York City, and as such is critical of them, and SHIELD, as of late, something which also has not endeared him to the board of directors.

As Shield, Daniel is above all a protector.  Much like his ancestor, Daniel does not want to see his technology used as a weapon, and he will go after anyone as Shield that is doing so.  Otherwise he does spend his time assisting settlements in the ruins of New York, Los Angeles, Dallas, and Seattle as provide them as much protection as he can against raiders and marauders. 

History:
Daniel is the heir to the Stark Legacy.  During the Sentinel War, Tony Stark had the foresight to move Stark Industries to Calgary, Canada, so it could not be co-opted by the government in use of the Sentinels.  After his death, much of the technology of Stark Industries was scattered and hidden.  Even though he was gone, Tony Stark's legacy lived on, and it was Daniel's grandfather, Steven Stark, wearing the armor of the Patriot, that assaulted the Sentinel command center with NLA and the Redeemers.  However, like the rest of the Redeemers and the proud men and women of the NLA, Steven Stark died during the assault, and the Patriot Armor was lost, destroyed during the battle.  Daniel's grandmother was the heir to the Stark fortune and technology, and she in turned entered an arranged marriage with Obediah Stane the III, and sold Argent Enterprises the legacy of Tony Stark, to Stane which he merged into Stane Industries.

Daniel It was clear from a young age that Daniel inherited his great grandfather's gift for technology, and with his innovations, Daniel spent his considerable intellect to creating tech to aid those still recovering from the destruction which was the Sentinel War, having to ride the razor thin balance between charity and business.  What started to stifle and frustrate Daniel was the government.   It seemed to him the lessons learned during the Sentinel War were all but forgotten by today's politicians, and all they cared about was making their life easier and padding their own wallets.  More and more support to reclaiming the ruins of the former great cities started to wan.

As such, Daniel was limited in what technology he could give to the settlers in the ruins.  So much like his ancestor, Daniel made a choice.  He created himself power suit, but he had to be careful and not make a recreation of Tony Stark's Iron Man technology.  With that limitation, Daniel went a different direction and modeled his alter ego after another hero of his, and the man that his grandfather was named after, Steve Rogers.  From this idea, Shield was born, an avenger and protector of the people, and an ideal that he hoped could stir and nation and change the course of history.

Powers/Abilities:
Hyper Intelligence: Daniel's technical and scientific acumen is such that even the most advanced technology in their theory and application is easy to him.  Daniel's designs in these fields are considered the cutting edge for human technology, and even rival that in purpose and design when compared to alien technology as well.

All of Shield abilities come from the power armor that Daniel created for himself.  The Shield Armor has the following abilities.

Body Resistance: The Shield power armor is crafted from titanium tri-weave with beta cloth and carbon composites between the layers and overlapping the joint areas.  The armor is able to protect its wearer from anything but the most powerful military small arms weaponry.

Shield: The heart of the Shield Armor is the system that creates an energy shield.  The technology is very similar to the system that Tony Stark once created for Steve Rogers.  The default setting is a one meter in diameter circular shield that is a near duplicate of Captain America's legendary shield, save instead of the American flag symbol, the Shield Armor created what looks to be a polished metal surface to near mirror like intensity.   The Shield system can do the following.

• Personal shield of the same strength as secondary Adamantium, which can protect the wearer from near all known weaponry and energy weapons but the most destructive.  The personal shield could also withstand standard Sentinel weaponry.
  • The shield can be fired as a ranged weapon that can strike with enough force to dent titanium that is one inch in thickness or less.  The range of the shield is one hundred and fifty yards.   The shield's energy dissipates after it strikes, detonating all of its energy against its target.  Once the shield if fired, it takes six seconds for the armor to regenerate the shield.
  • The armor can launch into the air to a height of ten feet above the armor and cause the shield to expand into a dome twenty feet in diameter.  The strength of the shield at this setting is that of osmian steel that one inch thick.  Everyone that is inside the shield dome is protected, and at this setting the shield can withstand up to armored vehicle grade weaponry, such as depleted uranium shells from an Abrams A1A tank, or the 30mm cannon on a A-10 Warthog ground assault aircraft.

Shock Gauntlets: In melee combat, the Shield armor can charge the knuckle area on the gauntlets.  When he strikes a target, the electrical discharge is equal to that of taser technology used to bring down big game, such as elephants and rhinoceroses.

Leaping: The Shield armor is able to make leaps up to fifteen stories in height, up to one hundred yards in length.  Shorter leaps are possible and can be calculated to land within a two foot radius of the intended target area.

Skills:

• Engineering: Daniel is among the top ten geniuses in the field of engineering, from mechanical, electrical, and computer to name a few.  His knowledge surpasses that of a doctorate level of education.
  • Applied Sciences: Be it physics, metallurgy, chemistry, if it has an application in the creation of weapon systems or electronics, Daniel has a doctorate level education in the field.
  • Hand to Hand Combat: Daniel has what would be considered just below a black belt level skill in modern hand to hand combat.
  • Weapon Training: Daniel is accomplished in weaving in his personal energy shield into hand to hand combat situations.

Limitations/Weaknesses:
Armor: Near all of Daniel's abilities come from the Shield combat armor.  Without it Daniel is a normal human that engages in regular and intense physical exercise.
Temper: Daniel has a lack of patience for those that he considers fools, and has been known to fly off at the handle at them.

Other Info:GM controlled character that will only be used in play under certain conditions.

persephone325

I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Chajesdad

Interest gathered, collected, and slowly being distilled into true hunger.
What were you thinking just now?

https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=31109 Ons and Offs

Anouk Daae

Player ID: Anouk Daae

Character Basics
Name: Marisol Juarez
Code/Hero Name: Pajaro Del Fuego, Firebird
Origin: Altered Human descendant
Sexuality: Pansexual
On's: Strength, Intelligence, Humility
Off's: Ignorance, Arrogance, Dishonesty

Character Appearance
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 132 lbs
Hair Color: As pictured
Eye Color: amber
Build: athletic
Distinguishing marks: Tattoo on right shoulder
Residence: Santa Monica, CA

Personality:
Marisol could describe herself as a Leo and leave it at that for most people. A true fire sign in a laughably literal sense. Despite having to keep her abilities hidden for most of her life, the hispanic woman grew up with a fiery and stubborn temper. She loves dancing and flirting, showing off and getting attention - probably to make up for the attention she never got from her absentee mother. Her personality can come off as loud and aggressive to people who don't know her. She can be very cocky herself, partly because she knows she has this secret ability to fall back on, but also to act as a barrier to mask her insecurity. At the end of the day, it's great to have super powers, but if you can never share them with others - you can't ever share all of yourself with another either. While she can appear very open and easy to get to know, all of her relationships are entirely superficial.

History:
Raised by her aunt and uncle, Mari only really knew her mother in her early years through pictures, letters, and very occasional visits. She was around 6 when the letters and visits stopped, and that was all there was to her knowledge of where she came from. Her abilities, however, were ever-present. At three, she nearly lit the house on fire when instead of blowing out her birthday candles, she blew them up. A year later, she almost boiled her uncle from the inside out when he refused to buy her the Barbie Glam Convertible in Pink. It was hard to keep the tiny pyro in check during childhood, their A/C bill went through the roof in the early years just keeping the house cold enough to cool her childish temper.
  It wasn't until she went to middle school and met a member of the janitorial staff that she began to see her gift as something to fear. An unassuming man with abilities dangerously similar to her own, blowing up the principal's car after being laid off, with the principal still inside it. The nearby students suffered second and third degree burns, while Marisol's only injury was a nasty scrape when the blast sent her skidding across the parking lot. Bad, but no burns anywhere. She was lucky, or so everyone told her. It wasn't this huge event that traumatized her or anything. It just gave her enough pause to stop and think about the path she was on. Spitfire girl with a fuck you attitude, ready to blaze up at any skank who looked at her sideways - not a terribly healthy way to live for a twelve year old.
   For the next few years, she pretty much ignored her abilities altogether. Her aunt called those The Quiet Years. Mari moved on to high school and joined the dance team, which was pretty much the same as the cheerleading squad, except cheer leaders wore skirts and the dancers wore shorts. It was a great way for her to get all her pent up energy out. Generally, by the time she got home, her body was too exhausted to muster a flame and her brain was too happy on endorphins to bother getting angry.
   After high school, she moved on to attend Cal-State, in Los Angeles. While racking up student loans and a debt she could never hope to pay off, she worked part-time for her aunt at a small store they bought in East LA, selling candles and herbs, crystals, and the occasional card reading. To Marisol, it was all bull shit. But to her Tia and Tio, it was a way of life. She actively ignored their weird basement meetings where Tio Juan became Babalocha Juan. But couldn't ignore the way the energy in her immediate vicinity changed. It was a heady thing that reminded her of smoke tendrils worming their way inside of her, further, with every muted beat of those damned drums.
   While they worshiped downstairs, she covered the register. Few customers came in at those times, thankfully, or they would notice the way unlit candles sparked to life before flaring larger than their wick otherwise permitted. The energy from the rituals happening under her feet had a pull on her soul, forcing her to use her abilities if only for a short time. Through the barred and blinded windows, the outside world would only see the orange glow of firelight flaring and flashing around the room. It would be too easy to say the thing that sparked her need to embrace her abilities was her burning the store down.
   Instead, while she was feeling the pull of her ancestors, her uncle was being possessed by one. And it was by his doing that the store eventually burned down - leaving only his body and Marisol as the survivors.
For the next two years, she worked tirelessly, moving place to place, dancing at clubs that didn't ask questions, always barely a step ahead of the monster wearing her uncle's face. He was as impervious to flame as she was. Unfortunate, since that was her only real weapon.

Powers/Abilities:
Pyrokinesis - create, shape and manipulate fire, the rapid oxidation of a material in the exothermic chemical process of combustion, releasing heat, light, and various reaction products, flame being the visible portion of the fire
Thermal Variance - heat and fire resistance, able to raise body temperature in herself and others (will only use with writer consent or on NPCs)
Energy Manipulation* - the ability to summon and manipulate forms of energies that radiate both heat and thrust. Usually projected from her hands, the thermal energy has a maximum temperature of 2,500° Fahrenheit and the thrust energy has a maximum concussive force of 250 pounds per square inch. She can willfully lower the thermal energy's temperature to a minimum of 120° F and can project the thrust energy alone.
Flight* - by projecting energy beams below her, she is able to produce sufficient thrust to fly. Although she could theoretically fly at supersonic speeds, she is limited by the maximum speed at which she can still breathe, approximately 130 miles per hour.
FireBird Manifestation - whenever she uses an ability after a long time not using them, or if she uses a lot of energy all at once - a small fiery manifestation of the phoenix appears nearby. It grows larger as her abilities mature. Which isn't really a power, so much as a big flag that says "look at me, I have powers, easy target right here!"

*These abilities are, as yet, unknown to her and can only become known through training or a physically traumatic enough event, such as a battle between other superhumans. When the story starts, she only has a vague understanding of pyrokinetic and thermal variant abilities which take a large amount of focus to bring forth.

Skills:
Exceptional Dancer | Basic knowledge of Santeria | Was studying to become a Nurse | Decent Cook

Limitations/Weaknesses:
If she doesn't use her power for a long time, when she uses it again - the mini firebird manifestation lingers and is a giveaway to anyone hunting superhumans.
Extreme Cold, other Thermal Variants (dropping her temperature too low), and Hydrokinetics can all take her down. (Hydrokinetics less-so if she ever reaches her full potential).
She has no real idea who her grandmother was or how she got her abilities.
Whenever she uses her abilities, it acts as a homing beacon to her uncle, who is presently hunting her down.
A kinetic who can manipulate wind or air is especially dangerous to her, as a flame without air is smoke.

Anouk Daae

BlackStone

If you mean you did a great job then yes, you did.  I love it.  I am waiting for three more players to firm up their old sheets and we will be kicking this off.

Anouk Daae

Lol I meant like after I posted my character, the thread kinda stopped. But I'm glad you approve. Looking forward to writing with you.

Chajesdad

I am still working on a character sheet, just tied up with work recently. Bear with me and I should be able to submit by Friday night, if a position is still open.
What were you thinking just now?

https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=31109 Ons and Offs

BlackStone

Yes slots are open still so take your time.

Caradoc

Potentially interested, although I do seem to have the death touch for groups.

I'm thinking a Gambit descendant, or possibly Iron Fist or Shang-Chi. Would any of these work any better than others for future plans/plots?
So tell me do you wanna go?
Where it's covered in all the colored lights
Where the runaways are running the night
Impossible comes true, it's taking over you

My Ons and Offs

A/A's Updated 1/25/17

persephone325

Oh hell! I totally forgot that we need to have parentage. >.< XD
I don't know.

Anouk Daae

Quote from: Caradoc on March 07, 2018, 05:20:34 PM

lol same. Death Touch for groups.

persephone325

Quote from: Anouk Daae on March 07, 2018, 05:44:17 PM
lol same. Death Touch for groups.

Maybe they'll cancel each other out? lol
I don't know.

Anouk Daae

Here's hopin'.
Though, admittedly, my luck seems to have changed recently. I've been in two groups since around late December that are both going strong on Discord.

BlackStone

Quote from: Caradoc on March 07, 2018, 05:20:34 PM

I'm thinking a Gambit descendant, or possibly Iron Fist or Shang-Chi. Would any of these work any better than others for future plans/plots?

Gambit not so much, Iron Fist or Shang-Chi yes.  Though Caradoc if you still want to go with your Moon Knight concept when we first tried this a few years back, I still have it.

HockeyGod

Would you be amenable to a grandchild of Wiccan?

The character would be a grandchild of a human (surrogate) and mutant (Billy Kaplan)...and using Billy Kaplan's backstory Wiccan and Hulkling actually did have a daughter named Katie (in New Avengers flash forward scene). He would have no Hulkling DNA so no Kree/Skrull abilities. My character would be Katie's son. The character technically would be a great-grandchild of Scarlet Witch and Vision.

I would limit the character's abilities in comparison to Scarlet Witch's and Wiccan's. Perhaps the ability to do spells, but quickly powers out...or is just learning abilities so not even sure what he can do, but there is potential.

I also have a E friend who would be interested in joining - is the game m/m friendly?

Thanks!

BlackStone

I really would need to take a look at the fleshed out sheet.  I will say unless it touches on any one of my pet peeves or restrictions, I rarely if ever outright reject a concept and am more than willing to negotiate if I find something I do not like yet preserve the core integrity of your concept.

Yes the game is LGBT friendly

BlackStone

Okay progress update to let folks know where we are at and characters in the game.  I do ask all players PM their final approved Character Bio as I will be posing them to the game thread, so when we do have player attrition it is easy for me to update by putting the character behind spoiler code and updating their status so as not to confuse new players who might wish to join the game at a later date as to what characters are in the game and what are not.

Approved Characters
Nomad by Foxy Oni
Helios or other character by Sun Wukong
Firebird by Anouk Daae
Chajesdad - Selkie
Cadroc - Knight of the Night
Magus by Hockey God

Pending Characters
No other sheets in ATT

Interested Players
Persephone325 - unnamed concept
Barnbean - unnamed concept
Character concepts I really would love in the game
Thorsdottier, or daughter of Thor.  Name up to character, as well as who the mother would be.  The character would be the Norse Goddess of Righteousness and Sword/Spear Maiden of Asgardia   Other details willing to work out with interested players

This is where we stand at the moment.

Anouk Daae

-raises hand-

what is "Thorsdottier"?