Superhero and Villain roleplay (Interest check)

Started by nik200, November 05, 2010, 10:42:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nik200

Hey guys, this is a interest check on a interesting idea i have. I will see if there is enough interest to start it. the thing is here, you create your own superhero or villain,  and give him or her an ability, any ability known to people as long as it is sensible and not god mod. From there you can do mostly whatever you want. do day to day events in the life of a superhero, fall in love, make factions, become a villain from a superhero, or even a superhero from a villain. the choice is yours.

Setting : Terra city, a normal city with its ups and downs and police force. It is also a city, where Heroes strive to protect the city from villains or simply look after their own interests. The city with it all, shops, malls, nuclear plants, downtown, red light districts, uptown and posh areas. This city is where everything begins and ends, the question is what will you be?

Character Profile

Name: The name of your character
Allegiance: Is your character a superhero or a villain
Description: a picture would be great, but word descriptions are ok too.
Personality:
History: ((Optional))
Powers/Abilities: Preferably one or the other or your character would be too powerful. If you pick abilities, you are allowed to pick as many abilities as you want.
Skills:

Ok guys, let me hear it, who wants in?

lex87author

I'd be interested depending on how things develop though there are a few Super RPs out there already. That being said I've got a few ideas for some different characters bouncing around in my head that I haven't used yet so I might throw my hat in the ring here.

Quick question though, is this going to be something where we have multiple threads for different parts of the city or is it going to be one massive thread that everyone posts in?

nik200

hmmm that is a good question and for now i would say we will all post in one thread. Until we have more people, then multiple threads. But this at least sets up a basis of the villains and heroes and their agendas.

Boudicca

Name: Wasp - AKA Summer Brown and Butterfly - AKA Autumn Brown
Allegiance: Superheroes
Description: Neither Summer or Autumn areas tall as you might expect for a superhero, not as buff, either. They're actually quite light and delicate-looking, possibly even to the point of 'fragile' being a suitable word to describe them.  Both girls are only about 5'3, with a very slender hour-glass figure; if it wasn't for their nipped in waists, they might almost be able to pass as a boy. Their skintone is cafe au lait, and their hair is a chocolatey sort of shade. Summer wears hers cropped short and with a streak of vivid yellow and black to represent her alter-ego, while Autumn's hair is shoulder-length, curly, and with flashes of pink and blue dyed into it.

In casual dress both girls choose to look smart, wearing clean-cut outfits that complement their figure and more often than not with towering high heels to add to their height.

In superhero uniform though, Wasp wears a custom-made bustier and hotpants combo, with a bright yellow and black pattern that extends down to her knee-high boots.  Butterfly's outfit is similar, though hers is black with pink and blue patterns on it.
Personality: Summer: She's quick-witted and smart, not always concerned with the stereotypical pursuits a woman of her stature would be expected to engage in. Summer has a strong sense of what she believes to be right and she'll stand up for it - in fact, she's probably a little too stubborn in the way that she insists on having things the way she wants them.
Autumn: Very much like her sister, Autumn is sassy and bright, very sociable and while not quite as stubborn as Summer, she does like to get her own way and isn't afraid to use her feminine wiles if it helps her to her goal.
History: Mr and Mrs Brown welcomed twins Summer and Autumn into the world during the cusp between both seasons - hence their names. Summer was born first, Autumn second. They grew up in an affluent part of Terra City and are incredibly close, especially since they both assumed their superhero roles at the same time, around the age of 19.
Powers/Abilities: Summer: Able to fly, due to the slender, wasp-like wings she has - they're iridescent with hints of blue and green, while the edges are black. Has a 'sting' power; she can create a gold dust on demand that causes pain to her opponent when it touches them. Excessive contact with the dust could be fatal.
Autumn: Able to fly, due to the slender, wasp-like wings she has - they're more colourful than her sister's though and a little larger, with bright shades of pink, blue, green and purple. Has a 'delirious' power; she can create a blue dust on demand that causes her opponent to become delirious when it touches them. Excessive contact with the dust could be fatal.
Skills: Both girls are trained in martial arts, which they've been practicing since they were tots. Wasp's weapon of choice is a crossbow, while Butterfly is rather adept with a bullwhip.

nik200

yay, i think we can start as soon as another person puts up a character, welcome aboard by the way, now for my characters

Name: Nigel Fordsmith aka White Blade

Allegiance : Superhero

Description: Nigel is quite reasonably sized, he is not buff and over muscled but decently muscled and he also has a moustache and semi long hazel coloured hair. In his normal state. Nigel wears a suit and brown work shoes, along with a tie. There are times he would wear sunglasses. In his costume , Nigel wears a mask which is colored in white with a white trenchcoat , long white pants and a white undershirt which is quite tight. He also wears white sneakers with his costume.

Personality: Nigel has a sort of split personality like most heroes. As a normal person doing his day to day business, Nigel is a easy going figure and someone many people love. Nigel is playful in his normal state rarely getting angry about anything at all. Nigel enjoyed many peoples company and believes he needs as many friends as possible so that he can never have to feel lonely. However when night comes and Nigel dons the white mask, he goes into a different state. He believes in absolute justice, all threats must be eliminated. Nigel very rarely keeps criminals alive, he has too little faith in the justice and court systems so he takes it upon himself to execute the enemies he comes upon as the White Blade. He executes any all criminals he captures. He does not harm women however as it goes against his particular code of ethic.

History: Nigel used to be a rich tycon who ran a particular sector of Terra cities energy reserves. He was born in Terra city and worked hard to build his company from the money his mother and father left him. Nigel did also at that time at the age of 20 , have a wife and a small baby twins, one boy and one girl. Nigel was also named as Terras next savior in providing more powerful energy for Terra city. However in order to do this, Nigel went against a mafia from the dark section of Terra city in order to realise his dream. He refused to do dealings with the mafia and they proceeded to bomb his house, supposdly killing his wife and his twin children. Nigel who was too late to save his family could only stand on the outside of his house howling tears of sorrow . He then decided to give up his empire to his second in command, only leaving himself with enough money to survive by himself. At this point , Nigel could not take his life anymore, only to be saved by a wandering traveller. The traveler was a japanese man by the name of Shiryuu Yuzikato. Shiryuu advised Nigel against kiling himself and instead convinced him to take up the sword under him, at least for a year or two. Nigel who pondered this, then decided he would. He mastered the swords style in two years, mainly because since birth, he had always had these super reflexes and speed. Nigel then decided after finishing his training that he would kill the mafia members who murdered his family. Shiryuu stopped him from doing this. Shiryuu believed that mere revenge was no reason to kill, Shiryuu told him that only if he found a better reason he could then leave. It took Nigel 2 months to find that reason and he told Shiryuu, "For justice, absolute justice, i will take the heads of all those who are evil with no mercy... i will purge all forms of evil from this world" With that Shiryuu let him go. Nigel asked for a low time job in Terra city power plant, and the current owner, a man who respected Nigel greatly gave him the job he asked for. Nigel then one week upon his return, massacred the entire mafia who killed his family while wearing the white attire and mask. The police called him the White blade because he was using two katanas with white hilts.

Powers/Abilities: Superhuman Reflexes, swordsman style, Above average strength and speed.

Skills:White Blade has excellent swordsman ship with his swords to the point where he can cut bullets. He has fantastic supernatural reaction time. As well as lightning speed which he naturally had since birth. He also has decent intelligence and reasoning ability. Puzzles traps and all, he can sense it if there is enough evidence along the way. He also has mid level strenght. Not superhuman , but one could say slightly above average. He has two white hilted katanas made by Shiryuu himself.

nik200

Name: General Wrath aka Melvin Dace

Allegiance: Villain/ Army of Wrath

Description: Stands at near 7'0 a very tall man indeed and is quite reasonably buff. He has many scars on his face and body which was gained probably through many battles. He has a semi cream colored skin complexion and his eyes are blue while his hair his completely white. He has short hair and a white beard. He wears a military sort of black uniform with medals and a military boots. He posseses also a military hat as well. Being a large man, he is quite decently built but not extremely muscular, just enough.

Personality: Sadistic and unforgiving, Melvin is a cold blooded man with not a trace of pity or mercy to spare to anyone , especially to his enemies. He will kill anyone he considers a hindrance to his cause, and anyone who he believes is a particular threat to him. He will not stop until all of Terra belongs to him and will go to any lengths to achieve this goal. Melvin however strangely enough, can never hurt a child, this reason is unknown to many. He kills women and men of course, but not children. Melvin has a high opinion of himself, he believes that if he controlled the world, it would be much better off. So he doesnt mind killing and making any sacrifice to make sure his world remains in tact.

History: Too much is unknown about Melvins past to have a full view of it. The facts that we do know are, 1. He was a very active participant in the military at one point in his life. 2. He somehow amassed a small army to serve under him and 3. That he gained his powers by some form of unknown experiment done to him by the army a while back. Melvin has committed many atrocities all in the name of his one great cause to unite the world under his might so finally a able rule such as himself can run the world properly. He has many people who swear allegiance under him due to his obvious power and strength as well as his words which can convince many a people to join him.

Powers/Abilities: It was a power which originated from a experiment the army once did on Melvin. They were trying to create a pyrokenesis phenomena inside of Melvin who was chosen. It was a success, however they ended up giving Melvin a black colour sort of flame which seemed to have a will of its own and bore no weakness to water. The flame can disintegrate anything in its path as long as Melvin wishes it, since the flame obeys Melvin alone. It can consume and destroy things. However this flame while it has no weakness to water, it does have a weakness to diamond for some reason. only diamond can break through this flame and not be affected by the flames disintegration. However it has to be a large amount of diamond. Necklaces and rings are not enough to block the effects.

Skills : Great leadership, a good handling with guns. He also has near superhuman strength thanks to the experiment done by the army. He also has a good grasp on his power. Good knowledge on the inner workings of many organizations in and out of Terra city.

nik200

I like it, inadvertently that character makes for a good rival for General Wrath, if you could please do make some villains , for now, i think we should start off first, shall we? Ok you cna choose to start of in any of the three sections of Terra city, make sure you highlight which section your in.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=88727.0

Heres our link, lets get started?

SpellboundVixen

ohh.. this sounds fun and you guys need a villain to harass you too.. so here I go with my profile, loves

Name: Hypnotica

Description:

She was around since before the time of the pyramids of the Pharaohs.  a dashing beauty standing no more then 5 and 1/2 feet tall she isn't intimidating at all. long black hair falls down her face like the flow of water thou the Nile river, the cloth which played that well maintined and developed figure was of the finest the Pharaohs could offer. she was a servant, a secret lover to the holy men who worked in the temples. such a beauty she was that the priest said she was a gift to them and to them alone.. that her very sight would bring an army to their knees in submission to her will.. so she was sheltered and kept in the temples, pleasing the holy men, giving them there dirty desires as she was commanded. for years this was her life until one day she fled the temple, wishing to see the world of the outside.

She was not a sweet woman.. nor was she truly loving to her lovers.. the years in the temples taught her many things. besides the dark magic spells she had learn thou the years in serect, she knew one truth about the world... being in control is good.. and what its all about.  soon the villages she visited became hers. both men and women, even couples put themselves at the seductress' feet.  This had to stop. And it did.

On a moonless, sleepless night of passion and pleasure she was attacked and captured by demons unaffected by her charms.  her punishment was worst then death. The holy men feared, for if she were to go to the underworld.. she would rule it, and all mortals who were to die would become her slaves.. either willingly, or mindlessly.. no one was safe.  So they cursed her with immortality and burred her in the temples for she would be for the rest of time.. or so they thought..

over 5000 years later she walks the earth again.. herself adjusting quick to this new world around her, and her powers still in full effect she once again travels the world for her own sinful goals..

Personality: 

sweet and kind, she always hides that darkness of control within her soul from view. for her powers to be fully effective, her victim's mind must be as claim as possible, thus she is quite the loving person.. seemingly a sweet school girl at times. she enjoys a good laugh and loves this "humor" this new world has to offer.  her demeanour is so passive, that you'd smile and say thank you if she were to give you to her very dear gorgon friend.. to be offered as a new piece of art for her collection or for sells..

Powers/Abilities:

Hypnotica is no fighter... she will make those under her spell fight for her, so all her abilities are of a noncombat nature.. yet she is VERY dangerous.  Every part of her is hypnotic.  the sight of her body, the gaze of her eyes, the movement of her body.. even the sway of her walk can render a man or woman helpless to her desires.. if she were to touch you.. you would not want her to let go.. her breath fills you with a since of joy and happiness.. and her lips will render even the strongest willed person helpless..

it is said she is so powerful that if she was in a coma for a week.. and you were in the same room.. even with her sleeping.. a week later when she awoke, you would be kneeling by her bedside..

She can control you 2 ways.. she can either allow you to keep your personality, just deeply in love with her.... or if you were too strong willed... she would break your mind, leaving you blank and forever a mindless doll.

skills:

a side effect of her powers is that she can not be controlled herself.. or even turned to stone by a gorgon.  This is why her best friend is a woman named Stonica.... who runs a quite popular art studio.

I hope you dont mind, I put her history and description together.. didnt realize it til it was too late.
you guys want her to play along?

nik200

very glad to have you with us, sure its no problem at all, i have a villain too, hehehehe, but then again, we cna interact however you see fit, i just ask you dont kill characters right at the beggining, lol your character profile is ok, and i dont mind the mixing.

SpellboundVixen

thanks ^^

what do you think of her so far? I'm in the middle of posting in the RP thread now.

Lionura7

If you guys are still looking for characters, I have one in mind. She can be a villainess or a heroine whichever you need atm. That is if the game is still going ^.^

SpellboundVixen

thats on nik200.. but I'm pretty much on the level, more the merrier

what character do you want to play.. go ahead and make one up...

Xenolord

If ya'll need another, I can probably throw one out.

lorcan

Hmm if this is still active id be very interested in joining.

nik200

TO EVERYONE: It is still open and you are all welcomed to join at any time as long as there are no objections, ill only close registration way after a few more characters from others.

Xenolord

Okay, I'll go ahead and throw up ye ol' character sheet.

Name: Sailor Pestilence
Allegiance: Villain
Description: Sailor Pestilence
Personality: Sailor Pestilence is a complete ditz when it comes to most matters. She is a comical sort, who finds irony in what she can do.
History: Marisa Cole was born with a rare blood disease, in which her red blood cells attack her white blood cells, leaving her with no immune system, but unable to actually gain any disease, as the virus or bacteria is destroyed by an overload of blood cells.
Marisa's father was a brilliant engineer, who wanted to help his daughter walk and see the world again, and so he built her a set of mechanical wings with a very strong electromagnet to help her hover around with ease.
She spent the first ten years of life so doped up on drugs of all make and model, antibiotics, and experimental test after experimental test. The result of this medical battery was a mutation of sorts, in which she can bend and control most non-leathel diseases and viruses to her will. She can dibilitate an opponent with a cold, weaken an entire group of foes with the flu, or even cure cancer with a touch. Despite the possible positive applications for her condition, she chooses to do the fun thing, and cause chaos.
Powers/Abilities: Sailor Pestilence can cause and cure a variety of non-leathal diseases and viruses. If she is to wander away from targets affected, the effects begin to lessen until they leave completely.

Tell me what you think.

lex87author

Sorry for the delay, here is my guy hope he'll be able to fit in with the heroic/villainous band we've got here hehe

Name: Paul MacTello (aka Watcher)
Allegiance: Hero (with neutral leanings)
Description:
Normal Appearance
Description:
Paul MacTello

Watcher (Watcher's cape is a dark gray and he still wear's a pair of sunglasses and a black long sleeved shirt)

Personality: Paul tends to he quiet and reserved, more likely to stay hidden in the background and speak only when he has something important to say. He still blames himself for his family's death and so is very aware of the impact his powers can have on those around him and is also very likely to help families in need as he feels a unique responsibility to them; as if it make up for his failure to save his own.
History:
Paul MacTello was born just like any other boy, into a normal family in a typical suburban neighborhood. When he was 8 he first discovered that he could move things with his mind, but he didn't think much of it, he mainly used his power to play little tricks on his family and friends.

Then when he was 16 that all changed, his family was in a terrible accident and his parents and younger sister were killed. Paul blamed himself for surviving, because he had been angry at his father and had accidentally caused the accident in his anger. Paul was blinded in the accident, leaving his eyes terribly scarred.

After the accident Paul began to notice that his remaining senses were even more acute, his body trying to overcome his lost eyesight. As he tried to learn to live life as normally as he could, it was then he began to notice that he could "hear" what other people thought, to the point that he could tell when someone was about to do something before they actually did it. As he developed his telepathy more he even learned to "see" things by using the senses of those around him.

Since the accident Paul has lived on his own, torn by his guilt over his family's death yet compelled by he guilt to try and help any he can with his abilities. He has fashioned an alter ego fortunes when he must act help, calling himself the "Watcher" (which he also finds slightly amusing). Paul often wishes to try and solve problems without direct action, generally opting to make an anonymous tip to the proper authorities  rather than rush in to save the day. However if something comes up and he must act to help he will do so.

Paul has recent arrived at Terra City, as his wanderings have taken from places all over the world, looking to find others to help as he tries to escape his guilt and save others from feeling the same way.
Powers/Abilities:
• Telekinesis - He can move things with his mind, the larger the item the more difficult it is and the more focus that is required to maintain control of it Typically he will use his Telekinesis to "sense" things around him by "feeling" them with his Telekinesis.
• Telepathy/Empathy - Paul can sense people's thoughts and feelings. Generally he only gets a light "feeling" of those around him unless he focuses on entering their mind. He also uses his ability to read other people's minds to "see" by using their senses to augment his own.
~ Precognition - Paul's ability to read people's minds has given him a limited ability to "sense" what people are going to do before they do it; it generally is most reliable when the thoughts or actions are aimed at him. (Roughly about 1 minute ahead at most if he focuses.)
Skills: Blindness, Highly Trained Athlete, Acute Senses (other than sight, of course), Skilled Hand-to-Hand Fighter (often uses his cane to fight)
Personality: Paul tends to he quiet and reserved, more likely to stay hidden in the background and speak only when he has something important to say. He still blames himself for his family's death and so is very aware of the impact his powers can have on those around him and is also very likely to help families in need as he feels a unique responsibility to them; as if it make up for his failure to save his own.
History:
Paul MacTello was born just like any other boy, into a normal family in a typical suburban neighborhood. When he was 8 he first discovered that he could move things with his mind, but he didn't think much of it, he mainly used his power to play little tricks on his family and friends.

Then when he was 16 that all changed, his family was in a terrible accident and his parents and younger sister were killed. Paul blamed himself for surviving, because he had been angry at his father and had accidentally caused the accident in his anger. Paul was blinded in the accident, leaving his eyes terribly scarred.

After the accident Paul began to notice that his remaining senses were even more acute, his body trying to overcome his lost eyesight. As he tried to learn to live life as normally as he could, it was then he began to notice that he could "hear" what other people thought, to the point that he could tell when someone was about to do something before they actually did it. As he developed his telepathy more he even learned to "see" things by using the senses of those around him.

Since the accident Paul has lived on his own, torn by his guilt over his family's death yet compelled by he guilt to try and help any he can with his abilities. He has fashioned an alter ego fortunes when he must act help, calling himself the "Watcher" (which he also finds slightly amusing). Paul often wishes to try and solve problems without direct action, generally opting to make an anonymous tip to the proper authorities  rather than rush in to save the day. However if something comes up and he must act to help he will do so.

Paul has recent arrived at Terra City, as his wanderings have taken from places all over the world, looking to find others to help as he tries to escape his guilt and save others from feeling the same way.
Powers/Abilities:
• Telekinesis - He can move things with his mind, the larger the item the more difficult it is and the more focus that is required to maintain control of it Typically he will use his Telekinesis to "sense" things around him by "feeling" them with his Telekinesis.
• Telepathy - Paul can sense people's thoughts and feelings. Generally he only gets a light "feeling" of those around him unless he focuses on entering their mind. He also uses his ability to read other people's minds to "see" by using their senses to augment his own.
~ Precognition - Paul's ability to read people's minds has given him a limited ability to "sense" what people are going to do before they do it; it generally is most reliable when the thoughts or actions are aimed at him. (Roughly about 1 minute ahead at most if he focuses.)
Skills: Blindness, Highly Trained Athlete, Acute Senses (other than sight, of course), Skilled Hand-to-Hand Fighter (often uses his cane to fight)

Picture added!!

Looking forward to playing with you all!!

Dramen

Hi everyone!

This is a cool idea for a game. I do have something to mention. I'm GM of a Group Superheroes Vs Villains game here at E! I'm certainly not trying to cut in on what you guys have going here. But if any of you also want to possibly check out an Adult Group Superheroes vs Villains RP; just click the link in my sig and it should lead you right to it. Come check us out if you also want to have something to do with an adult RP. Again not trying to cut in on this idea but any and all are welcome there as well. I just wanted you to know it was there in case you are interested. Enjoy your game! I might check it out and see if I can get an idea for a villain going here as well if it gets going well.

Dramen

nik200

ummmm, ok i guess Dramen, hopefully not too many people will leave this one....
Quote from: XenoLord on November 14, 2010, 12:56:52 PM
Okay, I'll go ahead and throw up ye ol' character sheet.

Personality: Sailor Pestilence is a complete ditz when it comes to most matters. She is a comical sort, who finds irony in what she can do.
History: Marisa Cole was born with a rare blood disease, in which her red blood cells attack her white blood cells, leaving her with no immune system, but unable to actually gain any disease, as the virus or bacteria is destroyed by an overload of blood cells.
Marisa's father was a brilliant engineer, who wanted to help his daughter walk and see the world again, and so he built her a set of mechanical wings with a very strong electromagnet to help her hover around with ease.
She spent the first ten years of life so doped up on drugs of all make and model, antibiotics, and experimental test after experimental test. The result of this medical battery was a mutation of sorts, in which she can bend and control most non-leathel diseases and viruses to her will. She can dibilitate an opponent with a cold, weaken an entire group of foes with the flu, or even cure cancer with a touch. Despite the possible positive applications for her condition, she chooses to do the fun thing, and cause chaos.
Powers/Abilities: Sailor Pestilence can cause and cure a variety of non-leathal diseases and viruses. If she is to wander away from targets affected, the effects begin to lessen until they leave completely.

Tell me what you think.
I think it works very nicely, as i said we are incorporating ideas from everywhere

Quote from: KaylaM on November 14, 2010, 02:57:29 PM
Hmm. If you want, I could throw in some other heroes or villains.

That would be nice, either one will do, or both , lol

SpellboundVixen

large cast of characters will be nice, the bigger the cast, the more killing the villains get to do

nk

Name: Kaji Wake
Alias: Pariah
Allegiance: Villian
Description: Pariah in Uniform
Personality:  Calculating. If you'd have to describe him in a single word, that would be it. Kaji often acts in enigmatic ways opting to operate as he pleases. He conducts himself in a fairly friendly manner most of the time yet is anything but that. Beneath his mask, Kaji's a dark, sadistic, and ruthless individual whose only real goal is only known to him. Unlike others, he doesn't care about wealth, power, or status. Only his personal satisfaction. That being the case though, Kaji is also very cautious and careful in the moves he makes and tends to only partake in operations in which he's confident in his abilities to come out on top.

History: Kaji Wake was a failure even before he was born. Being that he was born in the 80s, Kaji was apart of a government program that was meant to enhance the children of the future. Of course enhance was how they described it yet experiment was the more correct term. He was of the last batch that had been given a serum while they matured in their mother's womb and like all the other test subjects that had come before him. Kaji Wake had died. Or so it had been thought by those that had administered the drug. His heart had stopped for a moment and those that had observed simply chalked his death up as another failure. They didn't believe he'd come back considering those that had come before him had, yet after they had unhooked his mother from all the monitoring equipment...he had.

Powers/Abilities:
Super Speed & Super Human Reflexes.
Skills: Roughly, calling his abilities Super Speed & Super Human Reflexes generally sums up what he can do. Going down into detail though, Kaji Wake has two unique abilities. The first of which being able to control the biochemical processes in his body and the second being able to instantaneously move at high speeds.

-Adrenaline Rush-
The Biochemical Control, though seemingly unimpressive, allows Kaji to control the amount of adrenaline flowing through his body. This alone is extremely useful as it practically allows Kaji to slow down time around whenever and wherever. This, coupled with his ability to stop the excess production of lactic acids in his body while moving at high speeds, allows Kaji to maintain rather high speeds for prolonged periods of time. The only draw back to both this and Kaji's Super Speed is the increased metabolism caused by the increase in bodily activity. 

Power Drawback:

Energy Consumption. Due to his highly increased metabolism while using either of his abilities, Kaji has the tendency to always be snacking. He often tends to use more energy than he has to spare which results in excessive hunger and extreme bouts of dizziness due to the feeling of starvation. Two things to note about this is that, his body functions like normal while his powers aren't in use, and that after using his power, his increased metabolism tends to linger for awhile before slowly reverting back to normal.

White Hair: Another side effect of his abilities is his white hair. Though initially black, his hair changed to white around the age of fifteen. As to why this was is unknown, but it happened once he happened upon his powers.

nik200

Quote from: nk on November 14, 2010, 10:40:09 PM
Personality:  Calculating. If you'd have to describe him in a single word, that would be it. Kaji often acts in enigmatic ways opting to operate as he pleases. He conducts himself in a fairly friendly manner most of the time yet is anything but that. Beneath his mask, Kaji's a dark, sadistic, and ruthless individual whose only real goal is only known to him. Unlike others, he doesn't care about wealth, power, or status. Only his personal satisfaction. That being the case though, Kaji is also very cautious and careful in the moves he makes and tends to only partake in operations in which he's confident in his abilities to come out on top.

History: Kaji Wake was a failure even before he was born. Being that he was born in the 80s, Kaji was apart of a government program that was meant to enhance the children of the future. Of course enhance was how they described it yet experiment was the more correct term. He was of the last batch that had been given a serum while they matured in their mother's womb and like all the other test subjects that had come before him. Kaji Wake had died. Or so it had been thought by those that had administered the drug. His heart had stopped for a moment and those that had observed simply chalked his death up as another failure. They didn't believe he'd come back considering those that had come before him had, yet after they had unhooked his mother from all the monitoring equipment...he had.

Powers/Abilities:
Skills: Roughly, calling his abilities Super Speed & Super Human Reflexes generally sums up what he can do. Going down into detail though, Kaji Wake has two unique abilities. The first of which being able to control the biochemical processes in his body and the second being able to instantaneously move at high speeds.

-Adrenaline Rush-
The Biochemical Control, though seemingly unimpressive, allows Kaji to control the amount of adrenaline flowing through his body. This alone is extremely useful as it practically allows Kaji to slow down time around whenever and wherever. This, coupled with his ability to stop the excess production of lactic acids in his body while moving at high speeds, allows Kaji to maintain rather high speeds for prolonged periods of time. The only draw back to both this and Kaji's Super Speed is the increased metabolism caused by the increase in bodily activity. 

Power Drawback:

Energy Consumption. Due to his highly increased metabolism while using either of his abilities, Kaji has the tendency to always be snacking. He often tends to use more energy than he has to spare which results in excessive hunger and extreme bouts of dizziness due to the feeling of starvation. Two things to note about this is that, his body functions like normal while his powers aren't in use, and that after using his power, his increased metabolism tends to linger for awhile before slowly reverting back to normal.

White Hair: Another side effect of his abilities is his white hair. Though initially black, his hair changed to white around the age of fifteen. As to why this was is unknown, but it happened once he happened upon his powers.

Very nice, welcome aboard Nk

here is the link in case anyone didnt see earlier
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=88727.0;topicseen

SpellboundVixen

Nik200,

can you give a count of villans vs heros... we cant have too many bad guys running around... of course bad guys can off eachother off quicker then offing a superhero..

I would do it myself... but I'm lazy ^^ just posted on the story-thread.. I think you guys are gunna have a hard time with hypnotica.

SpellboundVixen

nice, a techno buff. seems like a well built character, whats your idea for a villain?

nik200

ok well

HEROES

Quote from: Boudicca on November 13, 2010, 03:16:28 AM
Name: Wasp - AKA Summer Brown and Butterfly - AKA Autumn Brown
Allegiance: Superheroes
Description: Neither Summer or Autumn areas tall as you might expect for a superhero, not as buff, either. They're actually quite light and delicate-looking, possibly even to the point of 'fragile' being a suitable word to describe them.  Both girls are only about 5'3, with a very slender hour-glass figure; if it wasn't for their nipped in waists, they might almost be able to pass as a boy. Their skintone is cafe au lait, and their hair is a chocolatey sort of shade. Summer wears hers cropped short and with a streak of vivid yellow and black to represent her alter-ego, while Autumn's hair is shoulder-length, curly, and with flashes of pink and blue dyed into it.

In casual dress both girls choose to look smart, wearing clean-cut outfits that complement their figure and more often than not with towering high heels to add to their height.

In superhero uniform though, Wasp wears a custom-made bustier and hotpants combo, with a bright yellow and black pattern that extends down to her knee-high boots.  Butterfly's outfit is similar, though hers is black with pink and blue patterns on it.
Personality: Summer: She's quick-witted and smart, not always concerned with the stereotypical pursuits a woman of her stature would be expected to engage in. Summer has a strong sense of what she believes to be right and she'll stand up for it - in fact, she's probably a little too stubborn in the way that she insists on having things the way she wants them.
Autumn: Very much like her sister, Autumn is sassy and bright, very sociable and while not quite as stubborn as Summer, she does like to get her own way and isn't afraid to use her feminine wiles if it helps her to her goal.
History: Mr and Mrs Brown welcomed twins Summer and Autumn into the world during the cusp between both seasons - hence their names. Summer was born first, Autumn second. They grew up in an affluent part of Terra City and are incredibly close, especially since they both assumed their superhero roles at the same time, around the age of 19.
Powers/Abilities: Summer: Able to fly, due to the slender, wasp-like wings she has - they're iridescent with hints of blue and green, while the edges are black. Has a 'sting' power; she can create a gold dust on demand that causes pain to her opponent when it touches them. Excessive contact with the dust could be fatal.
Autumn: Able to fly, due to the slender, wasp-like wings she has - they're more colourful than her sister's though and a little larger, with bright shades of pink, blue, green and purple. Has a 'delirious' power; she can create a blue dust on demand that causes her opponent to become delirious when it touches them. Excessive contact with the dust could be fatal.
Skills: Both girls are trained in martial arts, which they've been practicing since they were tots. Wasp's weapon of choice is a crossbow, while Butterfly is rather adept with a bullwhip.

Quote from: nik200 on November 13, 2010, 05:37:19 AM

Name: Nigel Fordsmith aka White Blade

Allegiance : Superhero

Description: Nigel is quite reasonably sized, he is not buff and over muscled but decently muscled and he also has a moustache and semi long hazel coloured hair. In his normal state. Nigel wears a suit and brown work shoes, along with a tie. There are times he would wear sunglasses. In his costume , Nigel wears a mask which is colored in white with a white trenchcoat , long white pants and a white undershirt which is quite tight. He also wears white sneakers with his costume.

Personality: Nigel has a sort of split personality like most heroes. As a normal person doing his day to day business, Nigel is a easy going figure and someone many people love. Nigel is playful in his normal state rarely getting angry about anything at all. Nigel enjoyed many peoples company and believes he needs as many friends as possible so that he can never have to feel lonely. However when night comes and Nigel dons the white mask, he goes into a different state. He believes in absolute justice, all threats must be eliminated. Nigel very rarely keeps criminals alive, he has too little faith in the justice and court systems so he takes it upon himself to execute the enemies he comes upon as the White Blade. He executes any all criminals he captures. He does not harm women however as it goes against his particular code of ethic.

History: Nigel used to be a rich tycon who ran a particular sector of Terra cities energy reserves. He was born in Terra city and worked hard to build his company from the money his mother and father left him. Nigel did also at that time at the age of 20 , have a wife and a small baby twins, one boy and one girl. Nigel was also named as Terras next savior in providing more powerful energy for Terra city. However in order to do this, Nigel went against a mafia from the dark section of Terra city in order to realise his dream. He refused to do dealings with the mafia and they proceeded to bomb his house, supposdly killing his wife and his twin children. Nigel who was too late to save his family could only stand on the outside of his house howling tears of sorrow . He then decided to give up his empire to his second in command, only leaving himself with enough money to survive by himself. At this point , Nigel could not take his life anymore, only to be saved by a wandering traveller. The traveler was a japanese man by the name of Shiryuu Yuzikato. Shiryuu advised Nigel against kiling himself and instead convinced him to take up the sword under him, at least for a year or two. Nigel who pondered this, then decided he would. He mastered the swords style in two years, mainly because since birth, he had always had these super reflexes and speed. Nigel then decided after finishing his training that he would kill the mafia members who murdered his family. Shiryuu stopped him from doing this. Shiryuu believed that mere revenge was no reason to kill, Shiryuu told him that only if he found a better reason he could then leave. It took Nigel 2 months to find that reason and he told Shiryuu, "For justice, absolute justice, i will take the heads of all those who are evil with no mercy... i will purge all forms of evil from this world" With that Shiryuu let him go. Nigel asked for a low time job in Terra city power plant, and the current owner, a man who respected Nigel greatly gave him the job he asked for. Nigel then one week upon his return, massacred the entire mafia who killed his family while wearing the white attire and mask. The police called him the White blade because he was using two katanas with white hilts.

Powers/Abilities: Superhuman Reflexes, swordsman style, Above average strength and speed.

Skills:White Blade has excellent swordsman ship with his swords to the point where he can cut bullets. He has fantastic supernatural reaction time. As well as lightning speed which he naturally had since birth. He also has decent intelligence and reasoning ability. Puzzles traps and all, he can sense it if there is enough evidence along the way. He also has mid level strenght. Not superhuman , but one could say slightly above average. He has two white hilted katanas made by Shiryuu himself.

Quote from: KaylaM on November 13, 2010, 07:14:22 AM

Name: Jenny Crann, alias Fireflight

Allegiance: Superhero

Description: Jenny is of average height with a trim, athletic build. She has long reddish-brown hair that is worn loose and hangs down to below her shoulders, and light blue eyes. She has an attractive face, but doesn’t have any distinctive markings like tattoos or scars or the like. Typically she dresses casually in shirts and pants or skirts; rarely does she stand out in a crowd.

In her superhero idea, Fireflight wears a bright red and orange costume; a once-piece bodysuit, it is open at the front down nearly to her navel. Mainly red, it has an orange trim on the arms, legs and the sides of the chest, as well as yellow gloves. She wears a red mask over her eyes.

Personality: Jenny is outgoing and friendly, very relaxed and casual most of the time. She can be a little distracted sometimes and has odd flights of fancy or strange ideas on occasion, but is generally a good person. Inwardly, she’s rather driven and dedicated to looking after other people, doing the right things and stopping those who would prey on others. She can’t stand criminals of any type, and enjoys using her abilities against them.

History: A typical college student, Jenny came from a normal and uninteresting background. However, one night as she was coming home from her studies, she heard something inside one of the labs at her college. Investigating, she caught a thief in the process of stealing supplies. As she confronted him, the thief chose to escape. However, in his flight, he accidentally knocked over a chemical experiment that was in progress. The result was a titanic fireball that levelled the building – and should have killed her.

Instead, Jenny found that she was strangely unharmed by what had happened. However, she was by no means unaffected; experimentation revealed that she had gained the ability to project fire from her hands. Shocked by this development, she did further research, discovering that the chemistry lab had been working on experimental fuels; somehow, she had absorbed the energy from the fuel during the explosion.

For Jenny, this turned out to be a dream come true. She had always wanted to help others, and now she had a way to do it. Creating a costume for herself, she named herself “Fireflight” for her powers.

Powers/Abilities: Fireflight has the ability to create and project flames from her body. Her most frequent and straightforward use of her powers is to shoot fire from her hands as an offensive weapon. She can shoot directed streams of fire, or short bursts of small fireballs or, if needs be, a large explosion of flames. However, the latter is very dangerous and causes a lot of collateral damage, so she will rarely use it unless she is sure that there is no chance of innocents being hurt.

She is also (obviously) able to fly; she is not sure how this works, but it seems to happen “just because”. While using her fiery flight, she is enveloped in flames and leaves a flaming trail behind her, making her passage very obvious. Fireflight is also able to absorb the heat and energy from fires, fuelling her own abilities.

Due to the nature of her powers, Fireflight is rather vulnerable to water and ice based attacks and abilities.

Skills: None beyond her powers.

Quote from: lex87author on November 14, 2010, 04:09:15 PM

Description: (picture to be added soon)
History:

Powers/Abilities:
• Telepathy - Paul can sense people's thoughts and feelings. Generally he only gets a light "feeling" of those around him unless he focuses on entering their mind. He also uses his ability to read other people's minds to "see" by using their senses to augment his own.

Quote from: KaylaM on November 14, 2010, 11:29:21 PM

Name: Kevin J. Stoat, alias Gadget

Allegiance: Superhero

Description: In spite of his attempts at a serious demeanour and his combination of athletic build and short-cropped black hair, Kevin tends to look younger then he actually is. He gets carded a lot, something that sometimes eats on him. His face is handsome, if a bit on the ‘boyish’ side, and he has light brown eyes. He prefers ‘smart casual’ clothes, but also will dress sensibly when working on some project or the like.

His costume has a helmet with gas mask that covers his whole head, accompanying a black top and camouflage pants. This is topped off with a vest, utility belt and a seemingly endless array of pouches that contain all manner of devices and equipment. Finally, he has a jetpack on his back, which only emphasises the rest of his odd technological equipment.

Personality: In his civilian identity, Kevin is rather quiet and indrawn. He gets nervous around women, and seems to trip over his words or stumble a lot with ideas and expressing them. He has a keen interest in electronics and technology, and becomes far more animated and excited when talking about such matters. When in costume, he’s a lot more level headed and sensible, as well as being more outgoing – although this may be because nobody can see his face.

History: Kevin’s history is pretty ordinary for the most part. The product of a nice, loving family, he did well at school and especially excelled in science and technical subjects. It was during his high school years that he found that he was rather good with building devices. He could tinker away and create incredible technology with seeming ease.

As he grew, he found that he could build more and more complex devices out of whatever materials came to hand. At the same time, he began to think about ways that he could use his skills to help others. While his own life had been easy, he became aware that others did not have it off so well. Terra City had its crime problems, and sometimes they seemed to be overwhelming. It occurred to him that he could use his Technology and Skills to do something about this.

Putting together an arsenal of sophisticated weapons and other devices, he took up the name “Gizmo”, and set out to try and make the city a better place.

Powers/Abilities: Gadget has no real powers as such; however, he has an amazing ability to create and build all manner of unusual devices and technologies. If he has an idea and the access to the right tools and such, he seems to be able to whip up the device he needs, regardless of how outlandish it seems. His array of equipment includes glue bombs, a sonic stunner, force field generators, shock gloves, various optic systems and, of course, a jetpack.  He seems to have just the right piece of technology for every occasion.

Despite his equipment, Kevin is still just a normal man without it. He is not particularly strong or agile, and has no innate superpowers of his own.

Skills: A vast array of technological knowledge and experience, as well as his seemingly innate ability to build something out of anything.

Name: Sophie Andoline
Allegiance: Superhero...at least that's what she'd consider herself.
Description: Sophie is a young girl just entering her teens.  Standing just under 5' and under 100 lbs, she still growing.  Her form has just begun to fill out.  Sophie has long straight brunette hair ending at the small of her back.  Her fair face framed by the dark hair sets off her emerald green eyes perfectly.
Personality: Sophie is a precarious young lady that loves life.  She loves collecting teddy bears and enjoys hanging out with the other girls as they talk about life, boys, and music.  Her training has left her no conscience; and though she's learned what not to do outside of her missions, she is a trained contract killer that will never hesitate and will never feel remorse.
History: Sophie was a happy little girl until the age of eight when a slave trader picked her up while she was playing outside.  She was sold to a sadistic man that enjoyed torturing the young girl day in and day out.  She suffered under his cruel abuse for 4 years until a clandestine organization sent in an elite force of little girls that killed the man and rescued Sophie herself.  She was taken to the lab where they repaired what they could of her body and replaced what they couldn't with cybernetics, increasing her strength and reflexes 10 fold.  Though her brainwashing, she doesn't remember anything of her history before the lab.  Like all other of the operatives, she has been assigned a handler to be her father figure.
Powers/Abilities: Sophie has increased strength and speed as well as high endurance and extreme combat training.
Skills:  Sophie is exceptional at close quarter and hand-to-hand combat.  She is also an excellent marksgirl with assault rifles and sniper rifles.  She has been trained in assault tactics as well as covert ops.  She is the perfect soldier.

VILLAINS
Quote from: nik200 on November 13, 2010, 06:01:40 AM
Name: General Wrath aka Melvin Dace

Allegiance: Villain/ Army of Wrath

Description: Stands at near 7'0 a very tall man indeed and is quite reasonably buff. He has many scars on his face and body which was gained probably through many battles. He has a semi cream colored skin complexion and his eyes are blue while his hair his completely white. He has short hair and a white beard. He wears a military sort of black uniform with medals and a military boots. He posseses also a military hat as well. Being a large man, he is quite decently built but not extremely muscular, just enough.

Personality: Sadistic and unforgiving, Melvin is a cold blooded man with not a trace of pity or mercy to spare to anyone , especially to his enemies. He will kill anyone he considers a hindrance to his cause, and anyone who he believes is a particular threat to him. He will not stop until all of Terra belongs to him and will go to any lengths to achieve this goal. Melvin however strangely enough, can never hurt a child, this reason is unknown to many. He kills women and men of course, but not children. Melvin has a high opinion of himself, he believes that if he controlled the world, it would be much better off. So he doesnt mind killing and making any sacrifice to make sure his world remains in tact.

History: Too much is unknown about Melvins past to have a full view of it. The facts that we do know are, 1. He was a very active participant in the military at one point in his life. 2. He somehow amassed a small army to serve under him and 3. That he gained his powers by some form of unknown experiment done to him by the army a while back. Melvin has committed many atrocities all in the name of his one great cause to unite the world under his might so finally a able rule such as himself can run the world properly. He has many people who swear allegiance under him due to his obvious power and strength as well as his words which can convince many a people to join him.

Powers/Abilities: It was a power which originated from a experiment the army once did on Melvin. They were trying to create a pyrokenesis phenomena inside of Melvin who was chosen. It was a success, however they ended up giving Melvin a black colour sort of flame which seemed to have a will of its own and bore no weakness to water. The flame can disintegrate anything in its path as long as Melvin wishes it, since the flame obeys Melvin alone. It can consume and destroy things. However this flame while it has no weakness to water, it does have a weakness to diamond for some reason. only diamond can break through this flame and not be affected by the flames disintegration. However it has to be a large amount of diamond. Necklaces and rings are not enough to block the effects.

Skills : Great leadership, a good handling with guns. He also has near superhuman strength thanks to the experiment done by the army. He also has a good grasp on his power. Good knowledge on the inner workings of many organizations in and out of Terra city.

Quote from: SpellboundVixen on November 14, 2010, 06:06:45 AM

Name: Hypnotica

Description:

She was around since before the time of the pyramids of the Pharaohs.  a dashing beauty standing no more then 5 and 1/2 feet tall she isn't intimidating at all. long black hair falls down her face like the flow of water thou the Nile river, the cloth which played that well maintined and developed figure was of the finest the Pharaohs could offer. she was a servant, a secret lover to the holy men who worked in the temples. such a beauty she was that the priest said she was a gift to them and to them alone.. that her very sight would bring an army to their knees in submission to her will.. so she was sheltered and kept in the temples, pleasing the holy men, giving them there dirty desires as she was commanded. for years this was her life until one day she fled the temple, wishing to see the world of the outside.

She was not a sweet woman.. nor was she truly loving to her lovers.. the years in the temples taught her many things. besides the dark magic spells she had learn thou the years in serect, she knew one truth about the world... being in control is good.. and what its all about.  soon the villages she visited became hers. both men and women, even couples put themselves at the seductress' feet.  This had to stop. And it did.

On a moonless, sleepless night of passion and pleasure she was attacked and captured by demons unaffected by her charms.  her punishment was worst then death. The holy men feared, for if she were to go to the underworld.. she would rule it, and all mortals who were to die would become her slaves.. either willingly, or mindlessly.. no one was safe.  So they cursed her with immortality and burred her in the temples for she would be for the rest of time.. or so they thought..

over 5000 years later she walks the earth again.. herself adjusting quick to this new world around her, and her powers still in full effect she once again travels the world for her own sinful goals..

Personality: 

sweet and kind, she always hides that darkness of control within her soul from view. for her powers to be fully effective, her victim's mind must be as claim as possible, thus she is quite the loving person.. seemingly a sweet school girl at times. she enjoys a good laugh and loves this "humor" this new world has to offer.  her demeanour is so passive, that you'd smile and say thank you if she were to give you to her very dear gorgon friend.. to be offered as a new piece of art for her collection or for sells..

Powers/Abilities:

Hypnotica is no fighter... she will make those under her spell fight for her, so all her abilities are of a noncombat nature.. yet she is VERY dangerous.  Every part of her is hypnotic.  the sight of her body, the gaze of her eyes, the movement of her body.. even the sway of her walk can render a man or woman helpless to her desires.. if she were to touch you.. you would not want her to let go.. her breath fills you with a since of joy and happiness.. and her lips will render even the strongest willed person helpless..

it is said she is so powerful that if she was in a coma for a week.. and you were in the same room.. even with her sleeping.. a week later when she awoke, you would be kneeling by her bedside..

She can control you 2 ways.. she can either allow you to keep your personality, just deeply in love with her.... or if you were too strong willed... she would break your mind, leaving you blank and forever a mindless doll.

skills:
a side effect of her powers is that she can not be controlled herself.. or even turned to stone by a gorgon.  This is why her best friend is a woman named Stonica.... who runs a quite popular art studio.

Quote from: XenoLord on November 14, 2010, 12:56:52 PM

Quote from: nk on November 14, 2010, 10:40:09 PM

Powers/Abilities:

-Adrenaline Rush-

Power Drawback:

NEUTRAL

Name: Averaen Sonja AKA Libra

Allegiance: Neutral, fights whatever she sees as a threat at the time. Generally tries to
keep the peace.

Description: Averaen stands at 5'9" tall with caramel-colored skin, her lean, muscular
build allowing for the swift precise movements required to control her powers. Her hair
is black with silver and purple streaks, and is tied into a long braid that reaches her
lower back with long bangs that frame the side of her face. She has almond-shaped gray
eyes, that fit nicely with her contoured face, small nose, and lips.

Her normal clothes consist of ragged jeans with the knees slit open, pink and black  a
black fitted tank top with a foil dragon going down the side, and a fitted white hoodie with (=^_^=) printed in black on the back.

Her crime-fighting outfit consists of a black, sleeved sports bra  with a hole in the back
revealing her tattoo , and yoga pants with no shoes. Her eyes turn black when Libra takes over as well.

Personality: Averaen is quite possibly the friendliest super you will ever meet, at least
when she's a civilian. She's never shy with hugs and will try to befriend you with all
her might. That is until she becomes Libra. When in uniform, the entity possessing her
takes over and she becomes cool and calculating, and with no allegiance to anyone, all
violence is considered a threat.

History: Libra is the Goddess of Equilibrium, bearing the responsibility of maintaining
the balance of power in the realms. Sensing a shift in power emminent in Terra City, she
manifested herself in the form of a young woman, possessing her to establish an easier
access. Before Libra possessed her, Averaen was a normal young woman. She made a living
as a freelance artist, able to afford her own apartment and a reasonable life. When the
Goddess became a part of her, she accepted it as opposed to going crazy. The Goddess'
soothing voice guiding her through the task of maintaining balance in the city.

Powers/Abilities:
Libra's powers manifest as the manipulation of gravity.
Specific skills:

Gravitational Shifts:
The easiest ability for Libra to use is changing the gravitational pull of whatever she
touches. She can make an object have an attractive or repelling gravitational pull
depending on how hard she concentrates on the object. The strength of the field is
dependent on the size of the object, she can't make a golf ball pull a car.

Gravity Fields:
Requiring incantations and hand control, Libra can create gravity fields on surfaces. She
can make them repel or pull depending on the incantation. With her hand movements she can
change the shape and size of the surface area of the field.

Other skills: Her powers grant her the ability to fly, manipulating her own gravity field
to facilitate weightlessness. Infusion with the Goddess has also made her extremely flexible and agile, enabling her to handle the movement of power within her. She is no stronger than normal, but with the Goddess' spirit within her, she is granted minor extrasensory abilities. Nothing spectacular, but if she were in a fist-fight she would be able to minimize if not avoid being hit. She is simply more aware of the sights and sounds around her, giving her better reaction times.

With both skills she can control the strengths of the fields as well, making them as weak or as strong as she sees fit.

Notes: Averaen is a mortal and her body can only use her powers extensively for so long
before tiring. With more training an experience in battles, she will develop endurance and better uses for her powers in combat.

Those are all the Villains and Superheroes, as it stands , we have 5 HEROES and 4 VILLAINS and 1 NEUTRAL