[ST: SBT] To boldly go... (Star Trek RP) [VAN], possibly [BON]

Started by Doktor Sleepless, March 29, 2009, 05:51:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paladin

Quote from: Doktor Sleepless on April 01, 2009, 08:17:43 PM
Not really, read the following from Memory Alpha:

So she's likely in her mid/later 30s to early 40s. No Captains under 30, best not any under 34, please.

2375 is the year, just after the end of the war.

I'll post my profile soon.

Nice write-up, but you might want to adjust this date. She can't be 12. :P

But in another part of Memory it states she was roughly 27. Can you link me the page?

Doktor Sleepless

Quote from: LadySky on April 01, 2009, 08:20:25 PM
hehehehe, if i am 12 i am a early bloomer!   ;D

Quote from: Paladin on April 01, 2009, 08:20:41 PM
But in another part of Memory it states she was roughly 27. Can you link me the page?

Read what I posted. The 27 years old reference is there. But it's obviously a mistake, going by other details. Read closely.

UPDATE: Posted the official date in the first post.

Paladin

*Shrugs* Ok. I'm still going to stick with 33 for now just because the dominion war was so hazardouse and comendations were high.

RubySlippers

A captain would not be impossible with the war a lucky and capable captain could have earned a field commission easily especially if the commanders of the ships seemed to be unlucky. Might I suggest make the character First Officer of a smaller vessel like a corvette its smaller and during the war they may have had to make some fast promotions. If the Captain died during the battle to retake DS9 a field commission would have been very likely to ease the time to get the ship combat ready. Keeping it after the war would be possible. In that case a younger captain might be practical with some rewriting on the players part.

Remember the rules don't often apply to wartime when it comes to careers and ranks when age is concerned.

Paladin

Doktor Sleepless

Here's my character's profile; subject to changes waiting Karma's character, who's part of his past. Anyone who wants to have their characters having served under the Admiral before, or having been his student at the Academy, let me know, and we'll work it in.

Name: Marcus Reindhart (birth name), Marcus (legal, changed in 2334)
Place Of Birth: Betazed.
Date Of Birth: 08/16/2293
Nickname: Marcus Twilight, Scar, the Old Man, Hero of Derra IV, Romulan Butcher.
Position: Commanding Officer, Starbase Tesla.
Race: Bajoran (3/4) / Human (1/4).
Date Of Birth: 08/16/2293 (apparent age, mid-30s).
Place of Birth: Betazed.
Hair: Dark purple.
Eyes: Dark purple.
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 185 lbs
Languages: Betazoid, Federation Interlingua, Klingon, Romulan, Cardassian, Orion, Vulcan.
Marital Status: Widower.

Physical Description: Tall, athetlic, muscular humanoid, seemingly in his mid-30s, caucasian skin and feature, short dark purple hair, and dark purple eyes (with indistinguishable iris and pupil). He has a serious demeanor, but peaceful, projecting an air of confidence that inspires others. Besides his hair, his most distinguishing feature is a horrible, thick scar starting on the right side of his lower jaw, continuing diagonally across his neck and apparently into his clothes. He wears an Admiral's uniform, with a rank of Rear Admiral (of the Rear Half).

Psychological Profile: Marcus has been under a lot of distress during his life. War, betrayal, loss of loved ones, criminal charges, loss of memories. However, he's also been surrounded by good friends, lovers and family, that have kept him sane.

Academic Record: Marcus specializes in tactics, strategy, security, espionage and related techniques. Highly skilled at phaser and energy weapons, hand to hand combat (karate, particularly), melee weapons (bat'leh and cavalry saber), disguise, acting, con, persuasion, communications stealth and command. Moderately skilled in starship piloting, ground vehicles, starship weaponry. Adequately skilled at engineering, science and medical skills.

Hobbies: Cooking, 20th Century Earth Science Fiction, poker.

Family History: His Betazoid ancestors on both sides come from lines of diplomats and politicians; while on his human side, his family has a history of nobility and stragegist, warriors.

Personal History:

2293-Born to Maia Rens (Starfleet counselor, Betazoid) and Ethan Reindhart (Starfleet Intelligence officer, 3/4 Betazoid, 1/4 human). An uncommon genetica trait, known as the Mark Of Twilight makes Marcus’ hair a dark purple, as well as his eyes.

2311-Enlists in Starfleet Academy. During his cadet years he shows excpetional abilities strategy and diplomacy, as well as an ability to learn languages; taking cryptology courses. He was also captain of the fencing team.

2315-Graduates Starfleet Academy as an Ensign, being posted to the security department of the USS Vespucci (Constellation Class).

2316-For his actions in the Letran VI Incident, where he saves the life of Captain Hikaru Sulu, he’s awarded the Kraggite Order (1st Class) To Valor, being one of the first Ensigns to receive the honor.

2317-Promoted to the rank of Lt. JG, assigned as Assistant Chief Of Security, USS Vespucci.

2319-Starfleet Commendation, for handling a negotiation with Orion pirates, saving the lives of five hostales.

2320-Promoted to full Lieutenant, transferred to the USS Albatros (Mocking Bird), as Chief Tactical/Security Officer.

2323-Due to his actions on the failed first contact with the Xerra, saveguarding the Prime Directive, and avoiding cultural contamination that could have ended in a disaster, he’s awarded the Silver Palm.

2324-Marries Lt. Marlene Von Wahr, Chief Medical Officer of the USS Albatros.

2325-Promoted to Lt. Cmdr. and assigned as First Officer of the Albatross.

2326-Colonel Traj, a Klingon military officer, leads a group of Klingon rebels that seek to sabotage a peace conference between the Empire and the Federation (to reinforce the Kithomer Accord), battling the Albatross at Derra IV, leaving Captain James Seldon incapacitated. Lt. Cmdr. Reindhart takes command, and while battling two Birds of Prey with a Mockingbird, but he manages, particularly with the help of his engineering chief, Lt. Turok, and his CSec/Tac, Lt. Hermes Cuello. Together, they launch modified probes which trick their enemies, giving them time to destroy one of the Klingon ships, commanded by Traj’s son. Traj retreats in his remaining ship, swearing vengeance. Reindhart, Turok and Cuello are awarded the Christopher Pike Medal To Valor, while other key personnel are awardd a 1st Class Kraggite Order.

2327-After his promotion to Commander, and the birth of his daughter Maia, Marcus is recruited into Starfleet Intelligence, spending the next five years in special missions.

2332-Assigned as First Officer of the USS Avalon (Excelsior Class). The Avalon patrols the Cardassian/Federation border, after the annexing of Bajor by the Cardassian Union four years prior.

2334-Starfleet Intelligence’s Internal Affaire discover that in 2293, Ethan and Maia Reindhart were part of the conspiracy that traed to stop the Kithomer Accords. Before their trial they’re murdered by poisoning. Angry and confused, Marcus abandons the fleet, retiring to Earth with his wife (who requests a transfer to a teaching position at Starfleet Medical) and daughter. To separate himself from the legacy of treason that he feels his parents left him, he drops his last name, legally calling himself just “Marcus”. His wife had kept her maiden last name, but Maia, their daughter, takes his father’s first (and now only) name as her own last name.

2336-Still furious about his defeat ten years earlier, Klingon rebel Traj kidnaps Marcus’ wife and daughter while the family enjoyed a vacation on Risa. With the help of some friends, including his old comrades in arms Hermes Cuello and Turok, Marcus steals the Miranda Class starship USS Artigas, and tracks down Traj. Unfortunately, it was already too late, Traj had tortured and killed Marlene and Maia. Furious, Marcus fights Traj, with a knife against the Klingon’s bat’leh. Traj wounds Marcus gravely, with a deep cut from his left shoulder to the right side of his lower jaw. In a movement purely fueled by pain and instinct, Marcus stabs Traj in the forehead, killing him instantly. Even without appropriate equipment and advanced medical training, Turok manages to stabilize Marcus, leaving him with a gruesome scar, that the Betazoid later chooses to keep. The bodies of his family are buried in Koln, Germany, Earth, Marlene’s place of birth and the place where the three lived until then.

2337-Without anything else to do, Marcus returns to Starfleet, this time as a fencing instructor and strategy teacher at the Academy.

2355-Returns to starship life, accepting again the position of First Officer of the USS Avalon; this time under Captain William J. Stone. Despite Stone being much younger than Marcus, he doesn’t feel intimidated and, to the contrary, takes advantage of his second in command’s vast experience.

2359-The Avalon visits Norsa, a human colony that was estranged from the rest of the galactic community, and was now in the midst of a civil war. Stone and Marcus try to negotiate a cease fire between the warring factions, but they’re unsuccessful. When they get back to the ship, they find an orphaned teenager called Seska, who’d snuck into their shuttle. Marcus sees in her what her daughter could have grown to be, and finds her a home back on Earth and sponsors her entrance to Starfleet Academy when she’s old enough.

2360-Marcus is finally promoted to Captain, being put in command of, ironically, the USS Artigas. Commander Gabrielle “Gaby” Crusher is assigned as his first officer, while the android of unknown origin Lt. Cmdr. Edison is assigned as second officer and operations manager. Genetically engineered vulcanoid Lt. Spag; a former student of Marcus at the Academy, joins the crew as chief science officer.

2363-While stopping a criminal that had stolen experimental time travel technology, Marcus’ body is irradiated with coronal energy, making him physically younger and slowing down his aging.

2367-Seska, now a Lt. JG (and specializing in xenobiology), joins the USS Artigas’ crew as chief assistant science officer.

2370-The USS Artigas NCC-1138A is commissioned, second ship of the new Independence Class, transferring all personnel of the original Artigas to it, with additional personnel due to the enormous size of the new vessel. Marcus commands the ship for only six months before being promoted to Rear Admiral (of the Rear Half), and assigned the position of Chief Of Special Operations, Starfleet Intelligence. He accepts, but with the condition of keeping his flag on the USS Artigas. Crusher is promoted to Captain, while Edison is promoted to Commander and takes the post of first officer. The android disappears mysteriously shortly after, and Spag, promoted to Commander by now, takes his position.

2371-The USS Independence, first of its class, is destroyed by the Borg. Captain Crusher disappears during a covert mission for Intelligence. Marcus takes command of the Artigas once again, keeping Spag as his first officer.

2372-With the USS Artigas as his flagship, Admiral Marcus commands a special taskforce of five ships, among them the USS Thunderchild, now captained by his old friend Turok. In July of this year, Marcus commands the experimental, cloaking device equipped USS Longshot (a secret ship hidden by Intelligence inside the Artigas) on a rescue mission. Two Artigas crewmembers (Ensigns Hamilton and Three of Six) were being held on Romulus, and Starfleet Intelligence decides that Three Of Six’s knowledge of the Borg Collective is too valuable to be left in hands of the Romulan Empire. When the mission is almost botched, Intelligence command orders Marcus to activate a virus hidden within Spag’s DNA (created in a clandestine Section 34 lab), which kills ten thousand Romulans before Intelligence hands the Romula Empire a cure, in exchange for no war declaration. The general public believes this to be nothing more than a regular epidemic in Romulus.

* October, same year, Marcus actions in Romulus are uncovered by Starfleet Command, and Intelligence uses him as a scapegoat. Undergoing a trial, Marcus loses the friendship of Spag. A group of Artigas crewmembers, lead by engineering chief Lt. Cmdr. Von Blade and engineer (and covert intelligence agent) Lt. Isaac Seldon (son of James Seldon) try to uncover information to help Marcus, but their efforts are in vain. During the trial, a group of Romulan (reportedly) Tal’Shiar commandos storms the courtroom and kills the prosecutor, Admiral Johansenn, and severely wounds Marcus, causing him to lose the memory of the past two years.

* November, the USS Artigas A is decommissioned, and the cabal that tried to help Marcus, along with other volunteers, and under the command of Acting Captain Spag, crew the USS Artigas B, an Intrepid Class ship equipped with an experimental warp drive. The Artigas B is apparently destroyed in combat with Jem’Hadar forces, while defending Deep Space Nine; while Spag was on board of the station.

* On December 15, the Artigas B, lost in the Delta quadrant, returns to the Alpha quadrant. While the USS Artigas crew celebrates on board of the USS Oberon (the ship they first came into contact with), back on Earth, Marcus suffers a freak spike in hs telepathic powers, caused by an wrongly administered dose of medication in the hospital where he’s still being treated. This spike, or “telepathic pulse” copies memories from the minds of all the people that ever met Marcus, reconstructing most of the Admiral’s memories, albeit from other people’s points of view. Using his (scant) influences, Marcus gets released from the hospital, although still weak, and retires to his home in Koln.

2373-Marcus returns to active service, and with the now Lt. Cmdr. Isaac Seldon (son of James Seldon as his first officer, he commands the USS Artigas A again. They serve together in the Dominion War, excelling themselves in battle.

2375-By the end of the war, Seldon is promoted to Acting Captain, and Marcus again to Rear Admiral (of the Lower Half). Later in the year, Marcus is given command of Starbase Tesla, one of the largest bases in the Federation, located along the Federation/Orion border.

Doktor Sleepless

Here's Starbase Tesla:

The station has a Defiant Class ship attached to it, the USS Montevideo, but without a cloaking device (that was exclusive to the USS Defiant).

Paladin

Ok so I'm looking at two ship types for the Archangel. One is the model for the wells timeship but the Archangel would be a more primitive version and just shaped similar

Marlow

I DO NOT CARE ABOUT OOC GENDER!!! NONE OF MY IDEA THREADS ARE FIRST-COME FIRST-SERVE!!!

Paladin

ROFL. Not THAT Archangel Karma but if we had it I call the Gundam. ;)

jouzinka

Quote from: Doktor Sleepless on April 01, 2009, 08:17:43 PM
Nice write-up, but you might want to adjust this date. She can't be 12. :P

Klingons mature quicker than Humans. If she's 12, it's roughly an equivalent to our 20-24. http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Alexander_Rozhenko
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Doktor Sleepless

Nah, that's just soap opera rapid aging. Please make her at least 16.

Paladin

I'm about to show my ignorance. whats a retcon?

LadySky

Ok if I am roughly 27 in human terms when is my birthday as a Klingon? 2359??
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Retroactive continuity - adding canon material to explain something that already happened, often events that were arbitrary at the time. Star Trek is absolutely rife with this.

Paladin

jouzinka

I guess if you want to look around Human 27, the age around 16-18 is good - Klingon women are able to take a mate at 15 and obviously when they reach adulthood they stop aging that rapidly.

Paladin

Doktor Sleepless

Alexander Rozhenko's growing to adulthood within 8 years of life age is not a retcon... it's a mistake, and the "Klingons mature faster" is an off-hand comment by a producer, not actual canon.

They screwed up, plain and simple.

jouzinka

I don't see any reason why, but it's your game.