An idea...

Started by Moondazed, April 23, 2006, 01:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moondazed

This isn't a software idea, it's just something I'd like to see as someone who doesn't have time to read through all of the threads but likes to occasionally read some of them.  It's hard for me to tell which ones would interest me (although the categories help a lot with this), so it would be nice of there were some way to tell what's going on in the stories.  For example, maybe a page on the Wiki that people can edit themselves as they move through their threads stating what events are covered in their story, such as:

Tentacles
Lactation
m/m
f/f
Electrocution

Things like NC and BDSM wouldn't be included, since they're already specified by which thread a game is in.

The categories could be added to, but maybe a couple of people could try to keep things coherent (and since I'd like this to happen I could do that).  Of course it would be voluntary to participate, but it would make it a lot easier for people like me to find threads of interest.
~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~

Lilac

This is actually a part of the purpose of the Wiki ^_^

Once people get used to it, of course ;_;

Moondazed

Would you like me to get it started?  Or wait?  Don't want to cross the line from helpful to pushy :)
~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~

Lilac

At best I'll offer naming guidelines, really ^_^

Moondazed

OK, I'll head over to Elluiki and get the ball rolling, and if it picks up that's great, and if not, then I can say I tried :)

Moondazed

I started messing with it here - https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/index.php?title=User_talk:Moondazed

Any and all input is welcome!

This is my first experience with a Wiki other than adding my list of stories to my user information for my own reference, and it was surprisingly easy!  All you do is click the edit tab when you're viewing a page and you can add to (or delete from) it, and it shows the formatting that makes the existing page happen, which is greatly helpful.

There should probably be some method for adding a category so that people don't do so randomly... perhaps run any additions by a volunteer?  I don't want to add more duties to the Goddesses (or God :) ) so if one of them wouldn't like to do it then I will.

Lilac

I've moved it to List of Games, where it should go, rather than your personal talk page ^_^

Moondazed

*blush*  It's pretty obvious I don't know much about Wiki's, hmm?  Thank you for moving it to where it should be.