The Kingdom of Shadows

Started by BlueRaptor90, March 05, 2013, 04:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kajirakate

despite the reptilian eyes, Anna knew who she was locking her eyes.  She did not understand what had happened but she knew that huge blue scaled dragon was her travelling companion.
kk

BlueRaptor90

Daniel then gently nuzzled against anna's face with his snout

kajirakate

The princess throw off her mail gauntlet and softly stroked the dragon's muzzle, "My dear Daniel" she said as she caressed the soft scale of the dragon's nose.
kk

BlueRaptor90

Daniel then lowered his neck and back offering her a ride back to the village.

kajirakate

Anna climbed onto the offered shoulders, with her skills as a horsewoman she was certain she could ride safely on Daniel's powerful reptilian body.  She was struck by the image of legend of dragon warriors, the ancient heroes and heroines who flew through the skys onboard powerful dragon, but as partners not masters of the mighty creatures.
kk

BlueRaptor90

Daniel then soared high in the sky heading to the village. After a while the reached the entrance, luckily the town was sleep, he then landing letting anna off.

kajirakate

Before dismounting she softly stroked between his ears, whispering "Thank you Daniel", slipping smoothly off to the ground and patting his nose.
kk

BlueRaptor90

Daniel then gave another nuzzle toward anna's cheek then started to walk back to the woods

kajirakate

Anna returns to the inn, and attempts to sleep while awaiting Daniel's return in his human form.
kk

BlueRaptor90

Daniel then flew off to an abandoned cave deep back in the forest, away from the village. He slept there and waited till the sun rose, then he could turn back.

kajirakate

Anna's dreams were largely about Dragon Riders, and their fight against the forces of darkness, making the world safe for humanity.  There must be karma at work. She was the descendant of Elena the Bright, one of the dragon riders, through her female line, and now at a time when the world was threatened she was paired with Daniel, one of the ancient dragons her forebear rode to glory.  If only she had Elena's famous golden armour and sword of flame.  She and Daniel could truly save the world.
kk

BlueRaptor90

The sun soon rose after arose. The light of the sun woke daniel up in the cave, and as soon as the sunlight hit daniel he slowly turned back into his human form. He gout up and stretched, he picked up all off his belongings heading back ot the village.

kajirakate

As he entered the Inn, Anna offered him a plate of sausage.  "Hungry Daniel?" she asked, sure that the transformation must take it out of him.
Did father know Daniels's secret?  She thought, it would explain not taking him on the wyvern hunt, for they are a lesser form of dragonkind, with none of the higher abilities of their larger and more ancient cousins.
kk

BlueRaptor90

Daniel then sat in front of anna "Yes, thank you anna, and yes your father did know, that's way he made me work for him and the only reason i'm a knight, I really didn't have a choice, if I refused or stepped out of line...my mother's life would be at stake"

kajirakate

"Well Daniel, you will only work with me, not for me, we will truly be a partnership, like the days of old, it is not for my people to enslave yours"
Anna said "and Father will suffer for his attitude to you and your family"
kk

BlueRaptor90

Daniel then gives a small smile "Thank you anna, you really are a noble knight"

kajirakate

Almost silently, so it could not be overheard "our people are linked for all eternity, my friend".  Anna said to Daniel

"Let rest here today, and then tonight carry on for we have much to do, and many miles to travel I feel" she said louder, not concerned who heard, for if they were to be attacked let it be at night when it would be dragon and dragon rider against allcomers.
kk

BlueRaptor90

"All right, we'll rest, can you at least tell me where we are going though?"

kajirakate

"The sacred grove of the Elder folk to start with, I must speak the Lady" Anna said, knowing that Daniel would know that she was referring to the Elven Queen.

"Then I would like to try to find, Elena's golden armour if we can, do you or your people have any knowledge of its whereabouts"
kk

BlueRaptor90

"Hmm" Daniel thought for a second, he knew his grandfather talked to him about it "It is suppose to be stashed away in a treasure box, it is found a in valley called "Dark skull path", my grandfather said that would be the safest place for it, there are wyverns, trolls, griffins, hyrdas and other dangerous creatures that roam the place, not to mention in the cave it is hidden in, there is suppose to be some sort of powerful guardian."

kajirakate

"It would be good to have my forebear's armour but first we must see the Lady", Anna said "Her people may be able to shed some light on the evil that faces us my friend"
kk

BlueRaptor90

"You're right, they might know a thing or two"

kajirakate

The pair rested and ate during the day, and then they left the inn, for the cave, so that Daniel could return to his true form.  When that was complete, Anna climbed onto his strong shoulder and with a flap of his wings they soared into the air. Anna could hear the dragon's thoughts and she knew that he could hear hers.
kk

BlueRaptor90

Throughout the night daniel soared through the skys, looking for the sacred grove. They soon arrived to their destination and landed near. Daniel then let anna of but stayed close to her, in case any attackers were near.

kajirakate

Elven scouts soon arrived, cautious of visitors to their home.  Humans were rarely allowed admission.

In the elven tongue Anna greeted them, which easied their concerns slightly.  "I am Princess Anna, decendent of Elena the Bright, and I wish to speak with your Lady, over matters of importance to all of those that follow the path of light"

She knew that the legends of the Dragon Riders were known to the long lived Elven folk, as they were the foot soldiers to her forebears in the war against the followers of path of darkness. 

My dragon is hunting in the woods outside your lands at the moment, I will call him, to show I am a true Dragon Rider.  Mentally she called Daniel to her, and was soon relieved to hear the strong beat of his wings.
kk