Evil Pathfinder

Started by Regina Minx, November 04, 2017, 12:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

Ah, indeed. Missed the part of 'no need masterwork' for my weapon. Armor has some use from masterwork (reduced ACP), however difference of mundane weapon and masterwork weapon after enchanting; there is no difference as when weapon is enchanted the +1 bonus to hit from masterwork no longer applies to user of said weapon. Perhaps masterwork weapons are just more decorative than usual ones :P. Anyways have 119sp left as I spend 200sp for my light metal armor (and my heavy mace is not masterwork and thus no under extra expense and is +1).

SeraphAzriel

Quote from: Ixy on November 07, 2017, 06:04:02 AM
Thank you, yours too- always liked the half-giant idea but never much cared for psionics.

Anyway, still need some adjustments, but basically ready for application.

One brief question of LF and company:does a Tiefling's fire resistance protect against environmental heat/desert conditions?

I think the mechanics of psionics are pretty cool, as well as some of the classes that a wee bit flavored (Aegis and Soulblade in particular), but it's pretty rare that I've seen much of anyone really want to play with psionics involved. 

Also @LisztesFerenc what of the likes of feats like Endurance?  Will Survival be an important skill in this campaign, considering the fact wandering the desert will require one to be out in the wilderness for long periods at a time?

eBadger

Quote from: LisztesFerenc on November 07, 2017, 08:18:24 AM
  As long as you stay hydrated yes it will protect you from sunstroke/burn and general heat exhaustion, but if you don't manage to drink any water for the day, you'll feel the full effects. Love your character by the way.

In case some people missed this, magical weapons, even metal ones, are actually cheaper in this game, since they don't need to be masterwork to become magical a mundane weapon can be enchanted for 2,000. If you have a masterwork weapon, I'll allow the 300 to enchanting, so if you ever want to make it a +1 weapon, it will cost 1,700 rather than 2,000.

Group is looking good, liking the bandit theme. Is everyone going to start knowing each other, or will people start in the desert already bandits, and other come in from the cities to make an alliance/agreement as the pickings are suddenly going to get a lot juicier, and thus likely more well protected too?

I would say start off knowing each other; that gets us past the "why are we loyal to each other" hurdle.  We've been thru good times and bad, saved each other's lives and aren't too judgy if the feral half drow is a bit bitey.   

If anyone's concept doesn't fit with that, or doesn't want to, it would also make a lot of sense for a small raiding group to bring on a couple more before a big job.

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: SeraphAzriel on November 07, 2017, 10:54:18 AMAlso @LisztesFerenc what of the likes of feats like Endurance?  Will Survival be an important skill in this campaign, considering the fact wandering the desert will require one to be out in the wilderness for long periods at a time?

Probably yes. Endure Elements is a first level spell and create water is a cantrip, so whilst getting lost likely won't be fatal, it will be a waste of time and dangerous in other ways.

Quote from: eBadger on November 07, 2017, 09:22:48 PM
I would say start off knowing each other; that gets us past the "why are we loyal to each other" hurdle.  We've been thru good times and bad, saved each other's lives and aren't too judgy if the feral half drow is a bit bitey.   

If anyone's concept doesn't fit with that, or doesn't want to, it would also make a lot of sense for a small raiding group to bring on a couple more before a big job.

That makes sense. So its a bandit group, that maybe is forming an alliance with someone from one if the cities.

Zaer Darkwail

From city it's most likely that Cardinal Pride leads group coming from city (or present one city's interest) and arrives join the bandit group. So everyone else in bandit group knew each other (lived in banditry already and expanding upon the desert). Most likely he brings 'gifts' (perhaps some magic items others have in their possession now in sheets or if GM feels generous everyone in bandit group gets additional item).

TFcommando

Background is a little thin (So many great backstories), but wanted to get her out there.

Scylla Menador  was born into a noble family in a city controlled by devil worshipping nobles. brought up to embrace the dark power in her blood and raw ambition in her soul.  Just like her mother, five sisters, aunts and cousins.  It was an incestuous (sometimes literally) tangle of alliance and betrayal as they jockeying for position and power in the city’s aristocratic system.   And it was so tedious and petty!  Was it really making the Lord of the Hells happy to stain some young nobleman’s reputation or cause a schism in a marriage, over and over?

Thus, she’s set out on her own to do something more worthy of her many talents, and to be appreciated for them as well.  She’s certainly the best evil sorceress in this bandit gang, and that’s a start.  It provides the opportunity to delve into forgotten ruins and pillage ancient lore from time to time, that’s a passion she wasn’t able to exercise before. 

Still working on her look, but definitely in the “scantily-clad evil sorceress” type, which she’s playing to, flaunting what she had to be discreet about before.  Pale skin, black hair, red-brown eyes, maybe a BBW.

Scylla Menador

Female Human Sorceress 4
Preferred Class Sorceress (+1HP levels 1-3, +1 spell level 4)
Fire Elemental Bloodline Primal Archetype (reskinned as flame devil?)
LE Medium Humanoid
Init +2 Perception +0

AC 12 Touch 12, Flatfooted 10 (+4 for Mage Armor)
HP 25 8  + 6+ 6+ 5   favored class
Saves Fort +3 Ref. +4 Will +5

Speed 30 feet
BAB 2
Melee +1
Ranged +4

Sorcerer Spells Known

0th Read Magic, Spark, Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Flare, Mage Hand, Create Water (Cleric, from trait)

1st  Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Charm Person, Infernal Healing, Burning Hands (Bloodline) (5d4+5)

2nd  Scorching Ray (2 rays, 4d6+4 ea)

Stats

-2 Str 8 -1
5 Dex 14 +2
2 Con 12 +1
5 Int 14 +2
0 Wis 10 0
10 Cha 19/21 +4/5

Feats:
Eschew Materials (Sorcerer)
Mage Tattoo (Evocation -Dancing Lights) (Human)
Spell Focus Evocation  (L1)
Spell Specialization Scorching Ray (L3)

Adventuring (Class) Skills
Knowledge (Planes) 3/+8
Knowledge (Arcana) 4/+9
Diplomacy 4/+13
Fly
Intimidate 1/+10
Spellcraft 4/+9
Use Magic Device 4/+12

Background Skills
Knowledge (Nobility) 4/+9
Knowledge (History) 4/+9

Languages
Eshna
Infernal
Elven

Traits
Social - Princess - Diplomacy Class Skill, +1 Diplomacy & Intimidate bonus
Magic - Two-World Magic (Create Water)

Drawback
Hedonist

Primal Fire Elemental Bloodline -

Bloodline Arcana:
Whenever you cast a spell with an energy descriptor that matches your elemental bloodline’s energy type, that spell deals +1 point of damage per die rolled.

Elemental Ray (Sp): Starting at 1st level, you can unleash an elemental ray as a standard action, targeting any foe within 30 feet as a ranged touch attack. This ray deals 1d6 points of damage of your energy type + 1 for every two sorcerer levels you possess. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier. 1d6+2

Elemental Resistance - Fire Resistance 10

Equipment

Headband of Alluring Charisma +2 4000
Cloak of Resistance +1 1000
(More coming)
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in
Canon Character Roleplay and System-based Roleplay

LisztesFerenc

Here’s some notes on how various opportunities and how factions are being effected by the end of the Ceaseless Storm (a poor choice of name in hindsight).

1.   The Elven Tribes can return to their ancestral homes. Readjusting to life in the rocky valley was difficult after they were driven from their home, and some went to live among the humans in the towns and cities instead. Their numbers have also been a bit stagnant, they never really replaced those lost in the massacre. There is also the holy sight of the final battle, and if possible the bones of the seeress to recover. After 100 years of sandstorm is it unknown what the desert will look like, but if they can return to their old way of life their numbers can grow and life will be easier.

2.   The Drow are not too concerned either way. If the humans move they will help their desert-kin, any excuse to make humans bleed really, but the desert is bright, they are unfamiliar with the terrain and will be a long way from the safety of the Underdark, as its tunnels do not surface in the desert, so any major involvement is out of the question.

3.   The Dwarves have always been digging in their mountain home, looking for ore and stone, but a few times a miscalculation was made, and the dwarves ended up opening a tunnel to a scene of raging ochre. Such tunnels were sealed and forgotten about, but now the dwarves realize that there may be several points of access to their network of caverns that are not guarded. Such a raid would be daring, and unless a good cache could be found likely not as lucrative as banditry, but if the scorching desert isn’t to your taste yet you still want your slice of the pie, perhaps the dwarven tunnels will prove attractive.

4.   The various city states and nations on the edge of the desert are of course scrambling to respond. On a private level, mercenary groups are struggling to fill quotas as scouts set off to map the changed land, whilst some merchants feel they themselves should be making these maps as they drive their caravans across the sand, let the cautious reap the leftover profits. No one however wants to travel without proper guard, and so a sword and some battered leathers is a good investment for the brave and the hardy. On the other side of the Morasti Desert no doubt a similar scene if unfolding, and perhaps the bold merchants of each nation will all meet in the middle.

Of course, nobles and councils are also moving. The Verkilen apatite for controlling the desert was heavily blunted by the seeress’s invocation, but 100 years can dull most injuries, and the kingdom and its allies are gathering. Their enemies and others are nervously preparing too, as the whole desert thing could easily be a cover to invade them, and others like the Drow see an opportunity to catch the Verkilen offguard.

5.   Finally there are the archaeologists. There are 3 major cities known about in the desert from a forgotten race: Vashifa, Maldavedi and Govind, the former small settlements, the latter a sprawling metropolis bigger than anything inhabited this day. Artifacts already recovered from these sights where valuable and magical items could be quite powerful, and their value increased 10 fold after the storm. Already expeditions are being planed, these teams themselves potential targets for bandits, but perhaps it is wise to let them reach the sites and find something valuable to steal first.

On a party building note, it seems like Eshna will be the one common language of PCs, so double check your character can read it.

Also, obsidian weapons:

Light melee and thrown weapons that deal piercing or slashing weapons can be made of obsidian. Obsidian weapons roll an extra dice for damage and discard the lowest, their critical damage multiplier is increased by 1 step, and any critical threats receive a +4 bonus confirm. On a successful hit, an obsidian weapon is destroyed. Obsidian weapons cost an additional 20 silver. With the DMs permission, one or even two handed melee or thrown weapons can be made out of obsidian if only a small part is normally metal, such as a spear.

Ammunition which deals piercing damage can also be made out of obsidian. As above, such ammunition deals rolls an extra dice for damage and discard the lowest, their critical damage multiplier is increased by 1 step, and any critical threats receive a +4 bonus confirm. However, obsidian is bad against armour, and unlike a melee weapon arrows cannot be adjusted mid attack. Against an opponent with a manufactured armour bonus of +7 or more (a breastplate and shield or splitmail for example) or a natural armour bonus of +11 or more, the attacker must take a -4 penalty to the attack roll or the arrow will shatter and even a successful hit will deal no damage. Do not count an armour or shields enchanted bonus for determining whether or not the tricky shot is needed. Obsidian ammunition costs an extra 2 silver per piece (so an extra 40 silver for the standard 20 arrows, a total of 21 silver).

What do people think of the last one?

Regina Minx

Quote from: LisztesFerenc on November 08, 2017, 08:36:27 AM
  Here’s some notes on how various opportunities and how factions are being effected by the end of the Ceaseless Storm (a poor choice of name in hindsight).

1.   The Elven Tribes can return to their ancestral homes. Readjusting to life in the rocky valley was difficult after they were driven from their home, and some went to live among the humans in the towns and cities instead. Their numbers have also been a bit stagnant, they never really replaced those lost in the massacre. There is also the holy sight of the final battle, and if possible the bones of the seeress to recover. After 100 years of sandstorm is it unknown what the desert will look like, but if they can return to their old way of life their numbers can grow and life will be easier.

2.   The Drow are not too concerned either way. If the humans move they will help their desert-kin, any excuse to make humans bleed really, but the desert is bright, they are unfamiliar with the terrain and will be a long way from the safety of the Underdark, as its tunnels do not surface in the desert, so any major involvement is out of the question.

3.   The Dwarves have always been digging in their mountain home, looking for ore and stone, but a few times a miscalculation was made, and the dwarves ended up opening a tunnel to a scene of raging ochre. Such tunnels were sealed and forgotten about, but now the dwarves realize that there may be several points of access to their network of caverns that are not guarded. Such a raid would be daring, and unless a good cache could be found likely not as lucrative as banditry, but if the scorching desert isn’t to your taste yet you still want your slice of the pie, perhaps the dwarven tunnels will prove attractive.

4.   The various city states and nations on the edge of the desert are of course scrambling to respond. On a private level, mercenary groups are struggling to fill quotas as scouts set off to map the changed land, whilst some merchants feel they themselves should be making these maps as they drive their caravans across the sand, let the cautious reap the leftover profits. No one however wants to travel without proper guard, and so a sword and some battered leathers is a good investment for the brave and the hardy. On the other side of the Morasti Desert no doubt a similar scene if unfolding, and perhaps the bold merchants of each nation will all meet in the middle.

Of course, nobles and councils are also moving. The Verkilen apatite for controlling the desert was heavily blunted by the seeress’s invocation, but 100 years can dull most injuries, and the kingdom and its allies are gathering. Their enemies and others are nervously preparing too, as the whole desert thing could easily be a cover to invade them, and others like the Drow see an opportunity to catch the Verkilen offguard.

5.   Finally there are the archaeologists. There are 3 major cities known about in the desert from a forgotten race: Vashifa, Maldavedi and Govind, the former small settlements, the latter a sprawling metropolis bigger than anything inhabited this day. Artifacts already recovered from these sights where valuable and magical items could be quite powerful, and their value increased 10 fold after the storm. Already expeditions are being planed, these teams themselves potential targets for bandits, but perhaps it is wise to let them reach the sites and find something valuable to steal first.

On a party building note, it seems like Eshna will be the one common language of PCs, so double check your character can read it.

Also, obsidian weapons:

Light melee and thrown weapons that deal piercing or slashing weapons can be made of obsidian. Obsidian weapons roll an extra dice for damage and discard the lowest, their critical damage multiplier is increased by 1 step, and any critical threats receive a +4 bonus confirm. On a successful hit, an obsidian weapon is destroyed. Obsidian weapons cost an additional 20 silver. With the DMs permission, one or even two handed melee or thrown weapons can be made out of obsidian if only a small part is normally metal, such as a spear.

Ammunition which deals piercing damage can also be made out of obsidian. As above, such ammunition deals rolls an extra dice for damage and discard the lowest, their critical damage multiplier is increased by 1 step, and any critical threats receive a +4 bonus confirm. However, obsidian is bad against armour, and unlike a melee weapon arrows cannot be adjusted mid attack. Against an opponent with a manufactured armour bonus of +7 or more (a breastplate and shield or splitmail for example) or a natural armour bonus of +11 or more, the attacker must take a -4 penalty to the attack roll or the arrow will shatter and even a successful hit will deal no damage. Do not count an armour or shields enchanted bonus for determining whether or not the tricky shot is needed. Obsidian ammunition costs an extra 2 silver per piece (so an extra 40 silver for the standard 20 arrows, a total of 21 silver).

What do people think of the last one?

I got one welcome our obsidian overlords.

Ixy

eBadger

It looks good. Mahsati will definitely pick up a few arrows. 

Yukina

Zaer Darkwail

Obsidian looks nice, albeit no use for my char who wields a heavy mace anyways :P. Plus do not plan invest too much on a weapon as long run intent my char be caster sort cleric.

Ixy

I've edited hp, equipment, feats, and traits.   Wheee

eBadger

Quote from: Ixy on November 08, 2017, 01:37:04 PM
I've edited hp, equipment, feats, and traits.   Wheee

That "wheee" is killing me Ixy  ;)

Chulanowa

-Pauses in mid-sorcerer. Sees TFcommando has made exactly the same thing, only human-

well first... that's eerie. Even all the points and feat choices are the same! second... dagnabbit!

Well, I've got other things, one thing I'm never short on is ideas for characters I guess.

TFcommando

Quote from: Chulanowa on November 08, 2017, 02:40:56 PM
-Pauses in mid-sorcerer. Sees TFcommando has made exactly the same thing, only human-

well first... that's eerie. Even all the points and feat choices are the same! second... dagnabbit!

Well, I've got other things, one thing I'm never short on is ideas for characters I guess.

Sorry about that!  Great minds think alike!
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

TFcommando

I like the idea of the archaeology hooks.  Scylla's skills might give the party an edge while looking through the ruins.  The party might also keep an eye on groups going in and charge them a "protection fee" of some of their haul when they're on the way out.  This might also involve fighting other bandit groups who are trying to lay claim to the area.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

LisztesFerenc

I'll give Chulanowa, and anyone else still interested until tomorrow to submit a character, then I'll make my choices. If you are pressed for time unless you need a particularly strange/special sets of mechanics for the character to work, prioritize backstory, personality and goals, that will play a greatly role in determining which character I select. If can accept you with just that and then you can finish the character sheet as the OCC stuff is being finalized.

SeraphAzriel

Whew.  Aren't quite finished with him, still some last minute decisions/details that I need to settle upon but he's most definitely firmly in working order.

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1392061

Chulanowa

Quote from: LisztesFerenc on November 09, 2017, 08:16:51 AM
  I'll give Chulanowa, and anyone else still interested until tomorrow to submit a character, then I'll make my choices. If you are pressed for time unless you need a particularly strange/special sets of mechanics for the character to work, prioritize backstory, personality and goals, that will play a greatly role in determining which character I select. If can accept you with just that and then you can finish the character sheet as the OCC stuff is being finalized.

Hopefully "tomorrow' allows for all of tomorrow  ;D 15-hour shift today, really sucked out my brain juices. But there's definitely a thing rattling aroudn there just waiting for thise juices to come back and flush it out and okay this metaphor is weird.

Zaer Darkwail

Can't see the sheet Seraph.

SeraphAzriel

Hmmm...  Edited some of the settings.  Lemme know if it works!

SeraphAzriel

Excellent!  Hopefully my religious brute will be to your malicious enjoyment! : )

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Chulanowa on November 09, 2017, 10:21:37 PM
Hopefully "tomorrow' allows for all of tomorrow  ;D 15-hour shift today, really sucked out my brain juices. But there's definitely a thing rattling aroudn there just waiting for thise juices to come back and flush it out and okay this metaphor is weird.

Yeah, midnight Friday Eastern time.