Harry Potter Cover to Cover Day

Started by Spookie Monster, August 27, 2008, 04:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spookie Monster

I admit that Harry Potter doesn't do it for me.  I know that he does do it for a lot of people, however, so please allow me to mention Harry Potter Cover to Cover Day.  Maybe every Harry Potter fan in the world knows about this already, but if there's even one fan out there who doesn't who'd like to I myself would love to help out.

Basically, fans are going to read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone aloud, cover to cover, on September 23.  One can listen via a live webcast.  And if you're in the Big Apple and you show up at the venue early, you might even get the chance to read some yourself!

Spel
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~

Sherona

HP doesn't do it for me either, too teeny bopper for my tastes. But even if it did...man that will take a LONG time to read two books cover to cover, outloud...must be a complete die hard fan to sit there and listen to someone reading.

Of course I have never enjoyed listening to someone read outloud myself. Always prefer just reading it myself.

TheAnimeFanGirl

I never heard about that. I like the Harry Potter series, but I haven't had any time to read the 6th book yet. I'm more patient when it comes to watching the movies rather than reading the books. Even though the movies leave some stuff out, I still like them. Don't ask me why, but I love Slytherins.
Cid the Lilty ♥ Viraveth the Selkie

(PM me if you'd like to rp with me in instant messengers)

Characters I'd like others to rp as

Sensual Animation, my forum dedicated to the sensual side of animation. Feel free to join.

Sabby

I was interested until you said they were reading the first book -__- I seem to be the only person who likes the dark/moody/emo direction the series took.

ShrowdedPoet

I loved the series and was interested in it before it got all famous like.  *laughs*  I hate the movies and will not watch anymore of them.  I saw 1, 2, and 3.  The last book was amazing!  *laughs and feels weird now*
Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs

Trieste

Feh, the last book was a let-down. I felt cheated. But I much prefer the feel and flavour of the earlier books than the later books... I liked it a lot better when the focus was on the magic and the fantastical as opposed to the angst.

Should be an interesting webcast, if only to see how people interpret the various character voices and the narratives and whatnot...

Paradox

Quote from: Sherona on August 27, 2008, 04:38:51 PM
HP doesn't do it for me either, too teeny bopper for my tastes. But even if it did...man that will take a LONG time to read two books cover to cover, outloud...must be a complete die hard fan to sit there and listen to someone reading.

Of course I have never enjoyed listening to someone read outloud myself. Always prefer just reading it myself.

I think they're only going to be reading one book. "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" is one book. All of the books use the formula "Harry Potter and the ______ ______" for their title.

I'm not a Harry Potter fan at all, and I think listening to the books being read aloud would turn me off from it even more. I much prefer reading it myself.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Paradox

Google spider      13:13:05     Viewing the topic Harry Potter Cover to Cover Day.

Apparently Google draws it's news on Harry Potter from us.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker