News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Any other Fans of Person of Interest out there? (Spoilers please)

Started by Callie Del Noire, November 27, 2013, 12:04:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

I've been watching the 'Endgame storyline', which just finished up..and I have to say.. everyone does what I expected.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Particularly in the last episode.
-Reese reaping hell through NYC to get to Simmons
-Fusco bringing in Simmons instead of shooting him down like a dog.
-Elias killing Simmons.. or having his man do it while he watched.. because he LIKED and RESPECTED Carter.

I do wonder if finishing off HR..and damn.. they are done.. will kill the series though.

Beguile's Mistress

I've watched it in past seasons but haven't so far this season.  I have stockpiled the episodes on my DVR and I'm going to dig into them during the holidays.

I am a fan of James Caveziel, though, and enjoy his acting in the series.

Callie Del Noire

Inkidu

I don't think it's ending, there's still that antisocial militant organization.

Though it might not be picked back up.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Inkidu on November 27, 2013, 12:22:09 PM
I don't think it's ending, there's still that antisocial militant organization.

Though it might not be picked back up.

It's got 23 episodes this season, so it's good for a while yet.

Inkidu

If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Callie Del Noire

I have hopes for the new villanous group.. the pro-privacy types are wicked mean.

And of course thre are a few other villans lurking in the background who can make a reapperence.

auroraChloe

i am a fan of the show.  i thought the end of last season to the beginning of this season was a little disjointed.  they certainly skipped over some time, or so it seems to me.

or ...
... did i miss Carter getting busted down to patrol?  and did i miss the shift of her being conflicted about breaking the law herself (i.e. when she moved that dead body to help Fusco) to being willing to do just about anything short of murder.  it's like the writers knew where they needed to be by a certain episode and forced it to that end, instead of letting it happen organically.  it felt rushed to me, which was a little disappointing.

anyway...
after the 'surprise', it did go the way i expected it would (and i was so glad to see more of Elias.  i really enjoy his character.) 

i hope the show has a future; we'll see how they play out the Root angle of the story now. 

a/a 8/21/17

Callie Del Noire

I think the show is doing good. They are still pulling good numbers from what I've seen.

There are a LOT of stories going on.

Root
We got Root and whatever the Machine is doing with her.
Elias
He ain't just going to vanish into the woodwork. He did a 'good' thing with Simmons in my opinion.. very in step with his outlook
That British Guy
He and his private intelligence agency. They know about the machine. They've run into Reese. I'm sure they aren't done yet.. Root aside.. I think they might be the ones to unwrap the mystery of Harold Finch/Wren/<insert other bird<
the new group
A group that is militantly set on privacy? Oh yeah..they aren't done yet. 

That doesn't even cover some of the other items.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Like the guy from last season who tried to put a tracker on Reese.

Dolphinus

I really like this show, it's amazing.  I would write more, but I haven't worked it out how to use spoiler tags properly yet :).

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Dolphinus on December 02, 2013, 07:04:46 PM
I really like this show, it's amazing.  I would write more, but I haven't worked it out how to use spoiler tags properly yet :).

It's the little button that says 'hide'. It drops out 'spoiler in [][/] format (Insert spoiler between the brackets). :D

Chris Brady

My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Chris Brady on December 03, 2013, 10:22:53 AM
This intrigues me, what's it about, in a nut shell?

Short Answer Wikki Entry

It's a show on CBS here in the states. The premise is after 9/11, a computer engineer (Harold Wren, and that is NOT his real name..we don't know it) invented a machine for the government to scan all the online transactions/video/phone calls/emails/tweets, ect to locate potential threats like the 9/11 hijackings. Thing was it came up with OTHER names as well. Names that were tied to people who were either the victims/perpetrators of murders before they happen.
Harold designed the 'Machine' to be a closed box system. It can't be manipulated after it was encrypted and all that you do is put in the feeds and it spits out the numbers. Two sets. Relevant ie.. terrorists go to the government. Irrelevant Numbers go to Harold, who brought in 'Mr. Resse' (a former soldier/intelligence operative) to help him save people/prevent these murders. He purposely restricted his access to the Machine by having it CALL him thru payphones in NYC with just social securty numbers. That's all he gets.
There are a variety of storylines.. the 'HR storyline', which covered 3 seasons has just ended for the most part. With some very telling results but it's not the only storyline thread that weaves thru the series.
You get flashbacks that tie into the storylines and the episodes. Harold's past comes up. Ditto Reeses. Even some of their allies and enemies get flashbacks courtesy of the Machine. You get 'snapshots' into why they are they way they are..how they've changed, why they do what they do. Harold's past drives him particularly harshly at times. You see him before the machine, during it's creation, and ..after the incident that made him the driven man he is now.

You see that haunted look at the funeral in this clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGTvNKNguWo

auroraChloe

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on December 03, 2013, 11:11:46 AM

You see that haunted look at the funeral in this clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGTvNKNguWo

thought they handled this part well...   especially because i love johnny cash's version of Hurt so much. 
it was pretty powerful for anyone invested in the series at all. 

oh, and i just realized that Finch got Simmons' ss# from the machine.

a/a 8/21/17

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: auroraChloe on December 04, 2013, 03:00:40 PM

thought they handled this part well...   especially because i love johnny cash's version of Hurt so much. 
it was pretty powerful for anyone invested in the series at all. 

oh, and i just realized that Finch got Simmons' ss# from the machine.

Not counting the entirety of the honest NYPD officers looking for him, only Harold among the regular cast didn't want to put a bullet in him.

Chris Brady

Looks neat.  Will have to find a way to watch it at some point.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Callie Del Noire

I'm still interested in the way things work in this show.

The machine is definitely stretching 'her' legs.

Inkidu

Quote from: Chris Brady on December 04, 2013, 04:30:24 PM
Looks neat.  Will have to find a way to watch it at some point.
I'd dare call it the most well-written show on TV today.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Inkidu on January 15, 2014, 11:18:01 AM
I'd dare call it the most well-written show on TV today.

It is definitely solid. I like each season more than the last. They build on story lines, the characters are solid and you can see them grow and change.

Callie Del Noire

And the continuity of the series continues. Major revelations on things in the past this week.

auroraChloe

a/a 8/21/17

Avis habilis

So that's why Finch can't turn his head ... I was wondering about that.

auroraChloe

Quote from: Avis habilis on April 30, 2014, 08:10:25 AM
So that's why Finch can't turn his head ... I was wondering about that.

damn, i must have missed that.   :-\

a/a 8/21/17

Avis habilis

It seems that...

... he survived being caught in a terrorist attack. There was a reference to something about a ferry, an incident that he was thought to have died in. I'm thinking bombing or sinking, he suffered a bunch of injuries (hence the neck & the limp), then he went underground.

auroraChloe

Quote from: Avis habilis on April 30, 2014, 11:59:07 AM
It seems that...

... he survived being caught in a terrorist attack. There was a reference to something about a ferry, an incident that he was thought to have died in. I'm thinking bombing or sinking, he suffered a bunch of injuries (hence the neck & the limp), then he went underground.

ohhh yes.  i just never put the two together.  ::)

a/a 8/21/17