System-Based Roleplaying Open Call [GM looking for one on one games]

Started by Korosa, April 07, 2024, 10:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Korosa

I've recently started a few PBP system-based games (Dungeon World) as more adult games, but I was wondering if anyone wanted to try out some RPG systems as one on one games with less adult theming. I'm a bit of an RPG hoarder, and I like trying out different systems and getting to GM for different people. I prefer one on one games because I think it allows you to create a game specifically crafted for one player and their character, and also because group PBP games tend to die pretty quickly. 

FAQ

What's your GMing style? 
I am a sandbox style of GM, meaning I'll throw out plot hooks and world events but I expect the characters to have things they care about or want to do that drive the plot forward.

I'm a big fan of collaborative world-building. I can run more dungeon-crawl or other straightforward beer and pretzel type games. I don't always play with character death unless the player is interested in that, especially because in a one on one game, I view the game as being about that specific character. On the other hand, I never get to run high lethality games with my local group, so it'd be kind of fun to do one.

I'm not an adversarial GM. Just like freeform, we're all building a cool story together. The goal is to work together and have fun.

What systems can you run?
I have a lot of RPGs, mostly in PDF form. Everything from D&D5e to every apocalypse world variant to a bunch of generic systems like Cypher/Cortex/Genesys to indie stuff to recent kickstarters. Just ask. I can't guarantee it won't take me a little while to refresh myself and there are games I own that I've never gotten to the table (Pathfinder 2e). Probably low crunch games are easier for me personally and play by post, but I like a challenge.

I feel like there are other questions people might have, but I can't think of what they are, so--shoot me a DM if you're interested, I guess!
Request Thread

(These are a little out of date, but still probably fine?)
O/Os

A/As

Shrimplified

Well, you got my interest! Even if this doesn't pan out, I'd be up for talking about tabletop stuff. Out of curiosity, what sort of indie and Kickstarter games do you got acquired?

Anyway, have you heard of OVA? I like it as a simpler system. 

Korosa

Quote from: Shrimplified on April 14, 2024, 09:58:30 PMWell, you got my interest! Even if this doesn't pan out, I'd be up for talking about tabletop stuff. Out of curiosity, what sort of indie and Kickstarter games do you got acquired?

Anyway, have you heard of OVA? I like it as a simpler system.
I've got tons of random indie games--recently, I've gotten Cloudbreaker Alliance and BREAK!! on kickstarter, as well as urban shadows 2e.

I do know OVA, though I've never gotten a chance to play it. I've always thought it looked fun,though it's funny you describe it as simpler because it's definitely something I would consider medium to high crunch.
Request Thread

(These are a little out of date, but still probably fine?)
O/Os

A/As

Shrimplified

I never heard of those games, mind telling me about them? For like kickstarter indie games I did Feng shui 2e, some japanese translations of Floria & Summon Skate, and lone wolf fists. Currently waiting for the Wares Blade and Meikyu Kingdom translation kickstarters to happen.

Also I guess OVA would be medium crunch? IDK I feels it super simple compared to something like Anima,  Mutants and Masterminds, or D&D. 

The most complicated part of the game is making fancy moves which can stack like conditional effects and whatnot. But like OVA isn't a super hard combat-oriented game so it's not like you need to get super complicated with it?  Like barring fancy moves, char gen is pretty simple. You assign your spread to the stats, pick some perks, and maybe some flaws for extra points?

I mean it has been a while, but it felt like I can do a character more or less done in 5 minutes. And nothing with rolls or combat itself is super tricky.