News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Ann Coulter lives under a bridge...

Started by VenusEnvy, November 12, 2012, 09:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VenusEnvy

Is it just me or is Ann Coulter a troll? I mean the things this woman says are ludicrous. I kind of want to believe that no one is that stupid and she is just being paid to say and do all this dumb shit just to see what people do...I mean come on the woman is against women suffrage! She apparently wants it repelled! Is there anyone dumber on the planet?

"It's a very dangerous weapon to know what you're doing." -William Murderface from Dethklok

"It is important to draw wisdom from many different places.  If we take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale.  Understanding others - the other elements, and the other nations - will help you become whole." - Uncle Iroh

My Introduction -  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=157127.msg7203032#msg7203032

My Ons and Offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=157596.msg7228923#msg7228923

Oniya

Do you have a source on Coulter wanting the 19th Amendment repealed?  I'll admit, I think the woman's potentially certifiable, but that's a new one - I'd like to share it with some of my non-E friends.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Beguile's Mistress

As repelling as Ann Coulter may be to some of us she does have a right to her opinions.

You also have a right to yours but expressing them in a more rational and respectful tone with references cited will get you more favorable attention.

VenusEnvy

Oh don't get me wrong I have no problem with her expressing her opinions. But I personally think the woman is extreme. As for the 19th amendment I believe I read someone quote her in an article so potentially taken out of context I admit. I just thinking if maybe because of her extreme beliefs and claims that perhaps she gets paid for just how crazy she can get.
"It's a very dangerous weapon to know what you're doing." -William Murderface from Dethklok

"It is important to draw wisdom from many different places.  If we take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale.  Understanding others - the other elements, and the other nations - will help you become whole." - Uncle Iroh

My Introduction -  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=157127.msg7203032#msg7203032

My Ons and Offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=157596.msg7228923#msg7228923

Vekseid

http://observer.com/2007/10/coulter-culture/

Quote from: Ann Coulter
If we took away women's right to vote, we'd never have to worry about another Democrat president. It's kind of a pipe dream, it's a personal fantasy of mine, but I don't think it's going to happen. And it is a good way of making the point that women are voting so stupidly, at least single women.

It also makes the point, it is kind of embarrassing, the Democratic Party ought to be hanging its head in shame, that it has so much difficulty getting men to vote for it. I mean, you do see it’s the party of women and 'We’ll pay for health care and tuition and day care — and here, what else can we give you, soccer moms?'

She does speak mainly to incite, it's why I simply don't bother ever referencing her. The best thing to do with trolls is simply chuckle at their antics and move on with reality.

VenusEnvy

Quote from: Oniya on November 12, 2012, 09:19:36 AM
Do you have a source on Coulter wanting the 19th Amendment repealed?  I'll admit, I think the woman's potentially certifiable, but that's a new one - I'd like to share it with some of my non-E friends.

Earlier this week, Ann Coulter told The New York Observer that she believes women shouldn’t have the right to vote:

If we took away women’s right to vote, we’d never have to worry about another Democrat president. It’s kind of a pipe dream, it’s a personal fantasy of mine, but I don’t think it’s going to happen. And it is a good way of making the point that women are voting so stupidly, at least single women.

It also makes the point, it is kind of embarrassing, the Democratic Party ought to be hanging its head in shame, that it has so much difficulty getting men to vote for it. I mean, you do see it’s the party of women and “We’ll pay for health care and tuition and day care — and here, what else can we give you, soccer moms?�?

This isn't where i found it but it sounds just about what I read.

VenusEnvy

Quote from: Vekseid on November 12, 2012, 09:29:06 AM
http://observer.com/2007/10/coulter-culture/

She does speak mainly to incite, it's why I simply don't bother ever referencing her. The best thing to do with trolls is simply chuckle at their antics and move on with reality.

Ah! Beat me to it, thanks though

Oniya

I was able to find a video of her actually saying it in front of a group of college students.  I hope that it does incite - I hope it incites all of the women who saw it to get out there and get active in their local and national politics.  At this point, I think Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh may be the greatest friends the Democrats have out there.  O_o
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Oniya on November 12, 2012, 09:49:45 AM
I was able to find a video of her actually saying it in front of a group of college students.  I hope that it does incite - I hope it incites all of the women who saw it to get out there and get active in their local and national politics.  At this point, I think Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh may be the greatest friends the Democrats have out there.  O_o

It wouldn't be the first time she's said something like that. Of course I can't think of any group of any size she HASN'T insulted at some point or another.

Serephino

I watched a few interviews with her when her last book came out.  I think it was called 'Demonic' or something like that.  She basically thinks Democrats are savages.  Yeah, she's a troll.  Does she even realize that if women didn't get to vote, she wouldn't be able to spew her opinions and make money off it either?  She doesn't want anyone to pay attention to women, so I say we should give her what she wants and not give her the time of day.

Lux12

Dear Gods. I do not get these anti-feminist conservative women who feast upon it's fruits and revel in the results of it's victories whilst decrying women's rights. It's a form of hypocrisy I cannot fathom.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Lux12 on November 12, 2012, 12:14:14 PM
Dear Gods. I do not get these anti-feminist conservative women who feast upon it's fruits and revel in the results of it's victories whilst decrying women's rights. It's a form of hypocrisy I cannot fathom.

You aren't her audience. Well you are ONE of them. The one she relies upon to put her name up by screaming in outrage, to her there is no BAD publicity. She knows if any rational discourse is put out that she can rely on the reactionary Neo-conservatives to come down on those nasty liberals who are picking on her for telling the truth.

Best tactic is to shrug and move on. Make her hire a publicist to get attention.

Skynet

Ann Coulter's a troll.

Unfortunately the GOP not only fails to see this, they treat her as a fellow "true conservative" and support the ridiculous statements she makes by repeatedly granting her a voice on Fox News.

It's like a message board troll fucking up the place and causing division, only for the administrator to come out and say that they agree with her and grant her moderator status.

Lux12

I some times wonder if that entire party is trolling, unfortunately, their seems to empirical data that suggests otherwise.However, part of this is political posturing, so some ridiculous remarks or espoused ideologies are to be expected to be voiced.

Shjade

Quote from: Serephino on November 12, 2012, 11:04:35 AM
Does she even realize that if women didn't get to vote, she wouldn't be able to spew her opinions and make money off it either?
I don't follow your logic. You don't have to be eligible to vote to be on TV.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Oniya

I think the logic goes:

If women don't get to vote, men make all the decisions
If men make all the decisions, women's opinions won't matter
If women's opinions don't matter, any given woman spewing opinions won't matter.
If women spewing opinions don't matter, then no one will give a woman money to spew opinions.

Ann Coulter is a woman spewing opinions.

Ergo, if women don't get to vote, no one will give Ann Coulter money to spew opinions.

(There's probably a flaw in there somewhere - probably along the lines of a Lysistrata fallacy.)

Serephino

What Oniya said, pretty much.  She's a woman talking about politics.  If women aren't allowed in politics she can't do that anymore.  She'd have to shut up and keep her place in the kitchen, like she, and a disturbing number of Republicans, seems to think should happen.  Basically, she's a walking hypocrite.

Trieste

Women have influenced politics loooooong before being allowed the vote. She's a reasonably attractive woman talking about politics - there are men bound to listen to her.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Serephino on November 12, 2012, 07:22:54 PM
What Oniya said, pretty much.  She's a woman talking about politics.  If women aren't allowed in politics she can't do that anymore.  She'd have to shut up and keep her place in the kitchen, like she, and a disturbing number of Republicans, seems to think should happen.  Basically, she's a walking hypocrite.

I pretty much stopped listening to her when she violated client confidentiality back in the Clinton/Lewinsky Paula Jones days.

Oniya

Quote from: Trieste on November 12, 2012, 07:39:37 PM
Women have influenced politics loooooong before being allowed the vote. She's a reasonably attractive woman talking about politics - there are men bound to listen to her.

Yeah, that's where it falls down.  There's also the 'You, to the couch!' factor.

LunarSage

I must admit that before this thread, I had never heard this woman's name before.  Granted we don't have cable TV, but still...

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Oniya

You are not missing out on anything.  Trust me.  :P

Valerian

I only know her name because I work for a book distributor.

Her titles aren't selling like they used to, either, if that's any consolation.  They still hit the major bestseller lists, but those are based on the books ordered, not sold.  They don't take into account the numbers of copies that are later returned by stores and distributors, and in the case of her titles those returns are generally very high.  That's often true of the more extreme writers, no matter their political affiliations, but more so for her, I think, at least with her more recent titles.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

LunarSage

Well I for one think straight, white males should no longer have any rights.  We've oppressed the world long enough and need to be punished! 

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Trieste

Kinda not funny.

Quote from: Valerian on November 13, 2012, 01:08:04 PM
I only know her name because I work for a book distributor.

Her titles aren't selling like they used to, either, if that's any consolation.  They still hit the major bestseller lists, but those are based on the books ordered, not sold.  They don't take into account the numbers of copies that are later returned by stores and distributors, and in the case of her titles those returns are generally very high.  That's often true of the more extreme writers, no matter their political affiliations, but more so for her, I think, at least with her more recent titles.

This doesn't surprise me. I am familiar with Coulter because she pops up in my feeds from time to time. I originally got to know the name from someone who was obsessed with her, idolized her. I found it very strange.