Theives Steal 7,000 Wii U's

Started by Sasquatch421, December 20, 2012, 09:05:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sasquatch421

http://www.gamespot.com/news/thieves-steal-7000-wii-u-consoles-6401744

Ok I know the news is old, but still what kind of storm was it that people miss trucks being loaded and swiped? A new Ocean's movie perhaps? Then you get the cracks that have started about they should have stolen something actually worth something. Still 2.1 million isn't something to scoff at and who wants to start bets on how long it will take them to get caught?

Sarena

That is just...wow.  You have to wonder, even with the cover of a storm, how they managed to get away with that?  I mean, that was either one hell of a storm or there had to have been an inside person.   :o
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

Outsider

Sasquatch421

I think there might have been. Moving them would be tough and I feel sorry for whoever buys one and takes it online... Should keep an eye on E-Bay just in case they are dumb enough to put them up. It would be like the girl that robbed a bank and posted it on youtube!

Sarena

Oh my lord!  The youtube thing really happened?!

*shakes head*

Yeah, you know the FBI has every lot/batch/model number of the units stolen flagged.  The second anyone tries to register those things, they are going to have law enforcement showing up at their door.  Meanwhile, I wonder how many of those stolen Wii U's were preorders that were supposed to be under someone's Christmas tree next week.  :-\
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

Sasquatch421

Yeah it did, supposedly in my home state of Nebraska as well. I think if any of those were pre-orders that they will still get it under the tree hopefully...

Tsenta

Oh, good. They didn't get away with any of the good systems.
There ain't no rest for the wicked.

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

Callie Del Noire

Eh..

try stealing 1.5 million bucks worth of iPad minis..
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/15/ipad-mini-heist-million-stolen-jfk-airport_n_2137799.html

Seems that the hijacker style of robbery is getting back into fashion.

Tsenta

Why is it my mind cuts to the Family Guy scene where Peter has a pirate crew and they hijack other cars?
There ain't no rest for the wicked.

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

Chris Brady

Because real life is weirder than fiction sometimes.

Personally, I'm impressed.  The fact that Nintendo had that many to spare when they claimed the Wii U was 'sold out'.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming