The Walking Dead: Texas Heat (Recruitment)

Started by AmbrosiaPudding, October 18, 2016, 04:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmbrosiaPudding

It started out with a few riots here and there, mostly in bigger cities in late 2011. Things that people dismissed. A few of the trash magazines reported that a woman or a man here and there had seen a ‘walking corpse’ no one believed it, of course. The CDC didn’t release a statement until Martial Law had all but moved into play. By then the rest of the world had been hit with the fast wave of the dead. The fever spread quickly, wiping out many. Nothing could stop it, one day many felt fine and then the next the fever burned through their body.

The CDC tried to say it was a new strain of the Avian Flu. At that time though, no one was listening. They had could only wonder if it was going to happen to them. One thing that everyone could agree on, it started in the West and began moving it’s way East. No one is sure if it moved through the ocean to other countries. All radio signals were cut off to other countries, none of the small radios had the capabilities to communicate with radios outside of the states. Those further North could confirm that Canada was hit. Those down south were positive that Mexico was also affected.

The Dead rose up. They walked, shambled, fumbled, everything but ran. They tore at flesh, with no obvious signs that they felt the pain of their jaws ripping through the flesh. No signs of intelligent presented themselves either, the dead shuffled toward noises and lights that caught their attention. People learned early, to move silently, and keep the lights off. The only thing that brought the dead down was to destroy the brain, the brain stem, or break down the body completely. The Army did nothing to stop them, they were stationed at multiple places but the fever set in among the soldiers and they found themselves among those that shambled.

Houston, Texas was one of the major cities that had troops stationed to protect it’s borders in hopes of keeping the the technology at the N.A.S.A Base safe. They failed miserably the base was abandoned as the Dead overran in. Within a few months time, no one even thought about the Base anymore. Those of higher authority within the country no longer sent out broadcasts of reassurance that they were doing their best to take care of the problem. That the military was making headway in other cities. Houston, now overrun with the dead is a beacon for the walkers, drawing more and more every day. Those who are stuck in the city have given up all hope, those on the outskirts consistently making their way further from it every day.

It’s been months from the initial outbreak wave. Much of the world has seen the onslaught of the Walkers. With late October sweeping the heat of Texas off the streets. A drooling hot summer dragged on for those who have survived. Most people have died, either from a walker attack or from other people. Our story begins with a small group outside of the city of Humble, just twenty-four mile away from Houston. Those fortunate enough to have escaped from Houston, different parts of it. They are slowly making their way toward the next town over, looking for a place to try and make a home for more than one night.

What I’m Looking For

* I’m looking for players who don’t just want to kill hordes of the dead but want to build a community
* People who won’t turn this into a sex fest, as that’s not the point of the game even if it happens.
* People who won’t cause any drama, outside the story of course.
* Those willing to play a bad guy if necessary.

Rules & Requirements

Two paragraph minimum post.
* Adhere to all of E’s rules.
* I would prefer all characters who will engage in sexual activities to be over the age of 18. It’s a personal comfort thing for me.
* Please keep ALL OOC chatter in the OOC thread. I don’t want it in the IC thread.

(Appearance)
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Orientation:[/b]
[b]Weapon of Choice:[/b] (Keep into account guns are around though ammo is sparse.)
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Life Before:[/b] (What your character did and how they lived before the fever hit)
[b]Life After:[/b] (What role they play and how they came to the group after the fever hit)
[b]Other:[/b] (Any other thing you'd like to add.)

Example Character Sheet

Name:Michael James

Orientation: Heterosexual

Weapon of Choice: Michael favors a .44 magnum as his sidearm but as far as melee weapons goes he carries around a rather large, not to mention sharp, fixed blade. He also likes to run with an axe. A long cleaver he takes down walkers with.

Personality: Michael is a good spirited guy when it comes to most things. The safety of the group he’s in those, is not one of those things. He has a no nonsense policy toward threats made and will do what needs to be done. Honest, loyal, and a bit brutal he doesn’t baby anyone. He feel likes all adults in the group should pull their own weight and if someone can’t, for whatever reason, those who can should step up and help out or take care of the problem. Michael keeps a lot to himself, he doesn’t open up to people very often and for good reason. He knows it’s smarter not to get overly attached to others when they frequently from walker attacks, or occasionally, a raid from other people.

Life Before:Raised by a military Father and the sweetest mother Texas could offer, Michael had it good growing up. He didn't get a straight A's and wasn't the star of the Baseball team but he had dreams. Admiring his father, wanting to follow in his footsteps and become a hero to his country Michael joined the Marines right out of high school, they sent him to college for free after sending him to another country to build pop up shelters. While overseas Michael had to take the life of a child, it messed him up pretty badly at such a young age and Michael decided not to re-enlist. After doing his time, Michael left the Marines he used the schooling that they gave him and got a good position as a mechanic for a local body shop just outside of Houston. Living life as a grease monkey at 27 he met the woman of his dreams, Bonnie. Her car broke down going into Houston and she got lucky that Michael lumbered along in his old Ford. She gave him six years of her life before dying in childbirth. Unfortunately, Michael got a double whammy. Not only did his wife die, but their child, Nathaniel came out stillborn. After Bonnie Michael fell into a bit of a slump, becoming an alcoholic, he worked sometimes and drank all the time.

Life After: When the incident happened, Michael was drunk out of his mind. It was a Friday afternoon. He had already gotten off work that day, he had surprisingly gone to work that day. As the city raged on, fires burning, he lay passed on the bed he once shared with his wife, not hearing any of it through his whiskey fueled daze. Michael woke up a day and a half later, only to think he was still drunk. It wasn’t until a walker tried to take a bite out of him. Michael got dressed, tried his best to sober himself up, and went out to help all of those that he could. He became a de-facto leader of the small group of survivors, what’s left of them at least. He still has the itch to drink often, and if he finds a bottle he will partake in it, but Michael does his best to stay sober for the group. Some might say it was the loss of his wife and child that made him such a fierce protector, though at the same time Michael would say he doesn't protect them. He protects himself through them. 

Other: Michael drives his old Ford truck still, it’s held up against all odds thanks to his Mechanical skills.
Let me become your favorite partner ~

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Tytus

O.K so you have me interested and I don't mind playing a bad guy. Maybe even someone who later down the line dies, either by the horde or by a member of the group.
Tytus Hale

AmbrosiaPudding

Quote from: Tytus on October 19, 2016, 09:36:53 PM
O.K so you have me interested and I don't mind playing a bad guy. Maybe even someone who later down the line dies, either by the horde or by a member of the group.

Awesome! Thanks for your interest.

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

writersmelody

I am interested as well! I have a couple very vague ideas for a character and will muse further but I am interested!
- Writer's Melody

"Love looks not with the eyes but with the mind." - William Shakespeare

(Specifically Seeking Someone to Write Solas)
(On/Offs)
(Absences/Apologies) (updated 2/9/24)

Vael the Destroyer

I'm going to show tentative interest. Need to read through the plot then get back to you.

Vael the Destroyer

Okay, so I'm definitely interested. Muse is focused on playing a male nurse, so he could be the medic of the group in case anyone gets injured.

AmbrosiaPudding

Quote from: ShatteredSymphony on October 20, 2016, 06:58:34 AM
Okay, so I'm definitely interested. Muse is focused on playing a male nurse, so he could be the medic of the group in case anyone gets injured.

Awesome, I'll make an official OOC so we can get things in motion.

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

AmbrosiaPudding

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Winterborn

Ugh, Houston... The things I suffer for good community-building, zombie-whacking, post-apocalyptic roleplay. Why can't these games ever be set somewhere cool... like Aggieland?

Making a character for this one might stretch my creativity a bit, though. Medic and Marine are both taken, dangit, my old stand-by's! I've got a couple ideas though, don't worry.

AmbrosiaPudding

Quote from: Winterborn on October 20, 2016, 10:50:35 AM
Ugh, Houston... The things I suffer for good community-building, zombie-whacking, post-apocalyptic roleplay. Why can't these games ever be set somewhere cool... like Aggieland?

Making a character for this one might stretch my creativity a bit, though. Medic and Marine are both taken, dangit, my old stand-by's! I've got a couple ideas though, don't worry.

Hey, there is always room for more. I know that most people don't like the idea of having more than one Marine around, but this game is about building a community. I think that it might require more than one good soldier. But if you'd like build another character I'm very excited to see it!

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

writersmelody

My basic concept is a young woman whose family worked on a ranch- maybe she came into the city with one of her siblings to get some supplies or something when the madness happened. She would be Mexican, not great English skills, but she's really good with animals and steady with her hands, not afraid to pitch in however she can. I think she's got basic knowledge of how to use a gun and defend herself. (But she's no trained combatant, just enough to know how to load, unload, clean, check the safety, etc. and aim and fire.)
- Writer's Melody

"Love looks not with the eyes but with the mind." - William Shakespeare

(Specifically Seeking Someone to Write Solas)
(On/Offs)
(Absences/Apologies) (updated 2/9/24)

AmbrosiaPudding

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

DesertFlower

Colour me interested! Going to work on a character sheet for you.
On's & Off's  A&A's  Roleplay Ideas

"You can't have my heart and you won't use my mind but do what you want with my body."

AmbrosiaPudding

Quote from: DesertFlower on October 21, 2016, 01:55:35 PM
Colour me interested! Going to work on a character sheet for you.

Sweet sauce. Pm me when you've got one and I'll look it over.

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Urbanzorro

For some reason my muse is screaming "Cholo!! Play a cholo! Run zombies over with a low rider!" So yeah, I'm interested.
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Vael the Destroyer

AmbrosiaPudding

It's okay, my muse wondered what it would be like if an Elvis impersonator survived.

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

PrincessAriel

I am interested. I will begin on a character tonight! :3
"Let Me See You
Stripped Down to the bone"

AmbrosiaPudding

Quote from: PrincessAriel on October 22, 2016, 05:13:37 PM
I am interested. I will begin on a character tonight! :3

Awesome I look forward to it.

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

PrincessAriel

Hm. Im not really sure what kind of character I will have though. Is there a particular 'possition' we need to fill?
"Let Me See You

AmbrosiaPudding

Quote from: PrincessAriel on October 22, 2016, 06:01:25 PM
Hm. Im not really sure what kind of character I will have though. Is there a particular 'possition' we need to fill?

As far as positions we might be filled I'd say anything is open really. Maybe a welder.

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

PrincessAriel

Quote from: CarnageIncarnate on October 22, 2016, 06:52:05 PM
As far as positions we might be filled I'd say anything is open really. Maybe a welder.
Oooo. A welder! Hm! I do like that!
"Let Me See You

AmbrosiaPudding

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Urbanzorro

Quote from: CarnageIncarnate on October 22, 2016, 12:18:38 PM
It's okay, my muse wondered what it would be like if an Elvis impersonator survived.

Ha, that was one of the places. My muse almost went when I read the first post.
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

AmbrosiaPudding

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop