Looking for a First/Third Person Shooter where your not a camera.

Started by Sabby, May 11, 2012, 09:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Sabby

1. Guna have to look some more into this DayZ thing o.O way too much for me to comment on just now, but VERY promising.

2. Since when was Red Dead Redemption anything other then a fixed shooter? xD

3. Flash games are a nice diversion, you can always hope to find something there you wouldn't get from mainstream gaming (same with Indy) and thank you for the list!

But I'm only looking for shooters, sadly, and this thread is starting to confirm my suspicions that only a dozen at best exist and that I've played them already >.< Ah well, was worth a try. Thank you for all the suggestions guys, if you happen to run across anything with a sweeping reticle, link me :3

NotoriusBEN

Hemingway posted it, but you'd probably have to settle for ARMA 2 to get your fix of this style of aiming.
ARMA 3 is in development and last I heard it was slated for June 2013.

the DayZ mod for ARMA2 is very, VERY unforgiving. Player killings are rampant. So much so that many people that would be cooperative have devolved into killing just for personal safety. Unless you and your buddies are on a vent or ts server, its pretty much just waiting to see who double crosses who first.

If you got the scratch, the TrackIR 5 gives you the freedom of head motion without moving your gun as well.

TrackIR5 & ArmA2 Premiere (TrackIR 5, DayZ)

AndyZ

Oh, and there's a PS2 game called Silent Scope that I just remembered.  It's not very long, but may provide a little enjoyment if you have a way to play PS2 games.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.