Rolling around at the speed of sound...(Sonic the Hedgehog Fandom, M for Any)

Started by Matttheman89, November 30, 2017, 04:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matttheman89

Hello, and welcome to another expansion thread based on an idea in my original request topic on this forum. I've been keeping all of my ideas in a single topic for the most part thus far, but as I'm experiencing a large craving at the moment I decided to make this topic in the hopes of attracting more attention to the idea. If you'd like to see more of my ideas and ramblings, see the link to my normal request topic in my signature, or follow this link.

I love the Sonic the Hedgehog series.  I love the games (most of them), I love the cartoons (most of them), and I absolutely love the comics, which have been my main connection to the series since I was just a little kid. I've been looking for someone to roleplay within the series with me since I arrived on Elliquiy, but have only had so much luck, so I'm making this thread in the hopes of drawing more attention from anyone on the site who might share my interest in the series.

And on that note I'd like to talk a bit about what I'd like from a partner in terms of writing. I'm looking for someone who is comfortable posting on average of two-to-three paragraphs per post or so, and can post at least once a week. I know that sometimes the muse can be fickle or that there might not be as much to say in posts as we like, so there is some wiggle room there, but I also ask that if you don't think you'll be able to post for a bit that you let me know, which brings me to something else. OOC communication. I like it. I love it. If you have ideas that you want to run past me or just want to talk about anything don't hesitate to do so.

I have tons of ideas and pairings for the series bouncing around in my head that I'd love to share, so if you're interested in Sonic the Hedgehog at all, please send me a PM so we can talk.

Quick Edit: All Characters are aged 18+ in these stories/ideas.

Matttheman89

Sonic Underground:

The Guardian and the Princess/Queen (Knuckles x Sonia/Aleena)

Knuckles is the Guardian of the Floating Island and it's Chaos Emerald, but he is torn between his duty to his home and his desire to help the Underground fight Dr. Robotnik, particularly Sonia, whom he's developed feelings for. Can the exiled Queen Aleena convince him to help, and even then, can he find a way to do so without abandoning the Floating Island?

Sonic the Hedgehog: (Archie Comics)

Scourge: Redemption (Scourge x TBD)

((A story centered around Scourge - the Anti/Evil-Sonic - and his attempts(?) to right(?) his previous wrongs(?). Perhaps along the way Scourge takes in a few residents of Mobius to help show him the ropes of heroism, and they wind up forming a genuine bond that helps the hedgehog to grow as a person?))

Girls of Interest

Princess Sally
Amy Rose
Bernadette the Hedgehog
Cream the Rabbit
Vanilla the Rabbit
Fiona Fox

The search for the Master Emerald: (Knuckles x Various/TBD)

With the Master Emerald once again shattered into pieces, it's up to the Guardian to track them down and restore the gem to it's former glory. Will he be able to find some help from a few willing ladies as he scours the globe, or will this be a lonely trip?

Girls of Interest

Princess Sally
Julie-Su
Rouge the Bat
Lara-Le
Lara-Su
Tikal
Shade
Lien-Da
Relic

A Tale of Tails: (Tails x Various/TBD)

Determined to show Sonic and the other Freedom Fighters that he's not going to be their junior forever, Tails takes off on a whirlwind trip of adventure around the planet. Who will he meet on his quest, and what will he find?

Girls of Interest

Princess Sally
Amy Rose
Bunnie
Mina Mongoose
Nicole
Rouge the Bat
Barby Koala
Fiona Fox
Vanilla the Rabbit
Cream the Rabbit
Wave the Swallow

Tales of the Great War: (Jules the Hedgehog x Bernadette the Hedgehog)

A story set in the past of the comics, detailing how Sonic's parents met and eventually fell in love during the time of the Great War.

The Legend of Rob'o the Hedge: (Rob'o the Hedge x Various/TBD)

Follow the tale of King Robert O'Hedge as he works to liberate his kingdom from the rule of Dr. Robotnik's forces, with the help of his merry men...and women.

Girls of Interest

Amy Rose
Mari-An the Echidna
Thorn the Lop

A Zone Cop's work is never done: (Zonic x Various/TBD)

An interdimensional counterpart to Sonic the Hedgehog tasked with maintaining the security and balance of the multiverse, Zonic often travels said multiverse in the line of duty, and occasionally interacts with occupants of other worlds/zones as needed. These are the his official (and not so official) records of his work.

Girls of Interest

Amy Rose
Princess Sally
Blaze the Cat
Princess Sonia
Queen Aleena
Tekno the Canary
Ebony the Cat

Adventures of Mighty the Armadillo: (Mighty x Various/TBD)

Traveling the world in search of adventure, Mighty catches wind that a long-lost member of his family may not be so lost after all, and sets off to find her. Will he be able to succeed? Maybe with a little help!

Girls of Interest

Fiona Fox
Vanilla the Rabbit
Cream the Rabbit
Matilda the Armadillo
Nic the Weasel

A Shadow of his former self: (Shadow the Hedgehog x Various/TBD)

Found alone by a friend in a dangerous situation, said friend is shocked to not only find Shadow alive after the incident on the Space Colony ARK, but that he seems to have lost his memories. Troubled by this, Shadow is in search of answers, and embarks on a journey to find his purpose. Can he possibly succeed, or will his past forever remain a mystery to him?

Girls of Interest

Amy Rose
Princess Sally
Blaze the Cat
Vanilla the Rabbit
Cream the Rabbit
Rouge the Bat

General Sonic Fandom Ideas:

Sonic x Fem!Tails

What kind of relationship would Sonic and Tails have if Tails was actually a girl? Could Sonic resist having a little fun with his best buddy in between adventures, and could a tomboy like Tails handle the attention? Would she be jealous of the time Sonic spends with other girls like Amy? Let's find out!

A Sonic Universe of our very own!

((There are so many different continuities of Sonic out there by this point across several forms of media, all of which brought something unique to the table, whether it be new characters or settings, different backgrounds for existing characters from the games, different takes on certain characters, new lore, etc. etc., I feel like there's something to like about all of them! So with that in mind, why limit ourselves to just one continuity, when we could build our own using elements from them all and even put our own spin on them? The sky's the limit here! Bring your knowledge of Sonic, I'll bring mine, and together we'll get a stew going!))

Knuckles: Endangered Species

In his madness, Dr. Eggman has made it a personal goal to wipe the species off of the face of Mobius, enacting wide-spread execution across the entire planet, leaving the Echidna as a whole on the brink of total annihilation. As one of the few survivors of this near-genocide, Knuckles; Guardian of the Master Emerald, embarks on a mission to find what little remains of his kind, determined to ensure their safety. With the odds stacked against him though, and enemies on all sides, success is a long shot at best, especially when the possibility of the Echidna already being too far gone is very, very real...

((Kind of a dark set-up for what is in essence a harem-style story where Knuckles ends up as one of the last male Echidna and eventually gets to be with the remaining Echidna women under the narrative excuse of saving their species, but hey, that doesn't mean it can't still be fun, and have plenty of action and adventure along the way, right? This would be a composite world of sorts that combines elements from the games and comics - primarily the Archie run, but there's at least one really obscure character from another bit of printed media of the past that I'd like included too - hence, it's inclusion in this part of the thread.))

Julie-Su

Knuckles' longtime friend and former member of the now defunct Dark Legion, Julie-Su would have every reason to want to see their kind protected alongside the Guardian, and would be a strong ally in the fight against Echidnakind's enemies, yet perhaps some friction might exist between her and a few of the others they need to save, such as her often evil half-sister Lien-Da, or Shade of the Nocturnus Clan, enemies of the Dark Legion during their shared time trapped together in the Twilight Cage? Time will tell...

Shade

A militant-minded Echidna who once swore allegiance to the Nocturnus Clan before she eventually came to realize that her morals and ideals no longer aligned with her one-time allies, and left them to fight alongside Knuckles, Shade the Echidna is perhaps more similar to Julie-Su than either of them would care to admit, and old grudges can often be hard to forget, which could occasionally put them at odds...especially when one of their similarities is a deep attraction to one certain Guardian of the Master Emerald...

Lara-Le & Gala-Na (Best picture I could find of either character that just so happened to have them both in it together)

Lara-Le, Knuckles' kind, loving mother, and Gala-Na, former political leader in the now ruined Echidna homeland of Albion, would be two of the only known survivors in Eggman's destruction of the city, likely only escaping in large part due to Lara-Le's own bravery and tenacity, and could be on the run from those would finish the job. Should Knuckles be able to find them, their maturity and wisdom would be more than welcome in such trying times, but might things have to change with Knuckles unlikely position in what's left of Echidna society, leading to a different sort of relationship with his Mother?

Lien-Da

The former, power hungry leader of the Dark Legion; Lien-Da may bear more of the blame for the Echidna's dire straits than anyone, as she may have been one of the few who could have helped to organize a proper resistance among her kind to fight against the Eggman Empire, but her arrogance and squabbling with others only made things that much easier for Eggman down the line, and now...she is alone. Last of the Dark Legion that she so desperately coveted. Can she be convinced to join Knuckles' side in the hopes of righting her wrongs, and will she be able to play nice with the others long enough to do so?

Tikal

A peaceful and spiritually-minded Echidna who hails from ancient times, Tikal would likely care more for the continued existence of the species than anyone, and with her spiritual powers and connection to the Master Emerald, she could be one of Knuckles' most powerful allies despite her pacifistic nature, but will there be any trouble between her and Shade, remnants of the feuding between their clans long ago that in part led to the Echidna's current predicament?

Princess Alucion

This would be the obscure character I was referring to earlier. Alucion made a one-off appearance in some really old graphic novel published in France back in 1994 as the leader of a long-lost clan of Echidna. She's shown to be quick-tempered and violent, but also a steadfast ally once her trust has been earned. Strangely enough, Knuckles himself didn't appear in the actual story to meet her, so...what better time like the present to make up for that oddity? In terms of the story, she could perhaps be the sole survivor of said long-lost clan, like Knuckles is for the Knuckles Clan in the SEGA canon, and after Knuckles stumbles across her, decides he needs to take responsibility for the feisty, old-world minded Echidna Princess?

The Acorn Legacy

Growing up in a small, relatively isolated village out in the middle of nowhere known simply as Feral Forest, Elias' past had always remained a mystery. Julayla - his adoptive caretaker and mentor - would only tell him that he would know where he'd really come from when the time was right, and she would decide when that time actually came. Curious as he was to his unknown origins, solving that particular problem eventually moved to the backburner as the young man enjoyed his peaceful days...until the day that fate came calling, revealing a surprising connection to the Acorn Monarchy that Elias never could have expected...

Now finding himself saddled with a crown he never knew he was in line for, a family he never knew he had, overwhelming responsibilities to a Kingdom he had never even so much as visited until now, and enemies of the throne to deal with, Elias is torn between his duty to his bloodline and his humble roots. Can he find the balance while also bringing the Acorn Monarchy back from the brink of despair?

((So I'm envisioning this as a story where Elias is drawn to Mobotropolis at a critical time. The previous King - Elias' Father - has passed away for one reason or another that can be plot-related and addressed as we go along, or can just be used as an expositional reason to get Elias involved in the story, and as the first-born, Elias is next in line to the throne. Since the King passed away though, the situation within the Kingdom has deteriorated; morale is at an all-time low, and if we choose to go this route, there could be hostility towards the crown for one reason or another, among whatever other kinds of problems we want to throw in, said enemies mentioned earlier being chief among them.

As for characters and character relationships, I am looking for Elias to be in a harem scenario, but we can also turn this into a story where other, singular pairings are explored as well (think Antoine and Bunnie, for example). To that end, this story will likely not include the SEGA cast of characters, except for maybe Robotnik/Eggman as the big bad. I'm mainly looking to include the original characters from the Archie Comics, SatAM (the serious cartoon introducing the Freedom Fighters and much of the setting that the comics were based on), and Sonic Underground (I know it's kind of odd to include characters from a show that are actually related to Sonic, but there you go).))

Potential Cast

Fleetway's Sonic the Comic:

Johnny Lightfoot x Amy Rose

((At one point in this long-running comic series from across the pond, the creatives considered the idea of a love-triangle between Sonic, Amy, and Johnny Lightfoot - a fellow member of the Freedom Fighters in that continuity - and while it never really came to fruition, Johnny's feelings for Amy were at one point confirmed in a data file for the character. So with that in mind, I thought this might be a fun pairing to play out. Considering the source material, there's a few different ways that this can go; the story could begin with Johnny mysteriously returning to life some time after the events of the series' take on Sonic Adventure, wherein Johnny was killed by Chaos during the climax of the storyline, or we could simply AU it and have it so Johnny was simply injured instead of killed and carry on from there. However we choose to start, I'm looking for a story that balances adventure with the romance between these two characters. Sonic himself doesn't necessarily need to be involved, as...well...he's kind of a jerk in this continuity and barely even seems to tolerate Amy, much less like her, and even Amy is implied to not actually be in love with Sonic the way she is in other continuites at times, maybe only acting like she does sometimes just to annoy him. So the love-triangle element doesn't really need to be carried over here.))

Characters

Shorty x Tekno

((Another coupling idea floated around in Sonic the Comic that never really fully paid off in the pages of the series for creative reasons, I feel like this would be another pairing that would be fun to play out in a story balancing adventure and romance. Again, considering the source material, there's a few ways that this could go that don't neccesarily need to follow the canon to the letter. The story could begin with Shorty still trapped within the Super Badnik armor Robotnik placed him into some time ago, with Tekno working to find a way to free him out of a partial sense of responsibility for having invented the material that Shorty's armor is made out of to begin with during her time working for Robotnik, or it could be set during a time where Shorty is free, perhaps with a way to remotely activate the armor so that he can carry on the fight against Robotnik while maintaining his normal life, or...whatever we want! However we choose to start, the two of them would likely be a team of sorts, already close friends due to their history together, yet not having made the plunge into a relationship yet for one reason or another.))

Characters

Sonic Boom:

((Oh yes. Let's get goofy. ;) ))

Tommy Thunder x Various/TBD

With the boys - Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles - out of town for one reason or another - maybe they decide to get their short-lived boy band back together and take it on on the road or some silly-ass scheme of Boom!Eggman has them out for an extended lunch - Hedgehog Village needs a stand-in Hero, and who better than everyone's idol and favorite actor; Tommy Thunder? Unfortunately for Mr. Thunder...while he may be excellent at portraying Heroes on the big screen, he's very much a coward, and is going to need more than a little help to live up to his own hype. Good thing that Amy, Sticks, and a few other surprisingly competent girls are still in the Village!

((So basically, this would be a silly, self-deprecating story where our "Hero" is really more of a second-fiddle to the ladies when it comes to the actual action and heroism - though Tommy will still get a few wins of his own here and there - yet still winds up taking the credit in one way or another for the sake of his reputation. Tommy has a big ego and craves the spotlight, but he's also strangely presented as appreciative of other's efforts, so while he'll likely come off as arrogant or full of bravado in public, he'll act in a friendly, relatively polite manner to the real heroes, and likely grow a bit more into the role himself as things go along.))

Characters

Tommy Thunder

Sonic x Amy:

((Given that this is easily the closest the overall series has ever come to having them actually romantically involved, why not have fun with it and write a goofy, lighthearted, romantic comedy-styled story of the two? It could almost simply be seen as a continuation of the show itself, given that I'd like to include the silly shenanigans that come from battles with this show's version of Eggman as well. Basically, if you were a fan of the show and the dynamic Sonic and Amy had, send me a message and we'll talk!))

Sonic the Hedgehog: (IDW Comics)

Avatar/Buddy/Rookie/Gadget x Whisper/Tangle/Jewel

((Admittingly this is a bit of a stretch given that the playable Avatar from Sonic Forces is a character who's appearance is completely up to the discretion of the player and their personality is only loosely defined throughout the story, but I'm actually a fan of the Red Wolf design used in the promotional material, so I think running with that version of the character and playing them off of one or more of the Resistance - or as it's known now in the comics, the Restoration - ladies that have been created for the IDW series could be fun. I just...don't really have any idea what the character's actual name is supposed to be, but hey...the more I heard it in the game, the more I liked Rookie...so maybe we'll just go with that.))

Tails x Tangle

((With the two having formed a pretty cute friendship in the current comics and Tangle having an excitable love for adventure along with a fascination for those with funny tails like hers, I figure it could be a lot of fun for the two to get into some shenanigans together in the fight against the forces of Dr. Eggman that could lead to some more sexy scenes as Tangle takes it upon herself to educate her younger friend about other matters upon noticing his interest.  ;) ))

Matttheman89

Bump for a new idea, images added, and a very important clarification on the ages of characters involved in these stories.

Matttheman89

Bump and a new idea! Really craving A Sonic Universe of our very own at the moment, so if anyone wants to brainstorm up a new take on the speedy blue hedgehog and the world he calls home with me, send me a PM!

Matttheman89

Matttheman89

Matttheman89

Bump for ideas relating to Fleetway's Sonic the Comic being added to the list!

Matttheman89

Bump! Who would have thought, but I actually came up with an idea for the Sonic Boom continuity!