Star Wars (Kylo Ren x Rey) with a crispy twist (Looking for a Rey)

Started by Lomesa, April 08, 2019, 04:57:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lomesa

Welcome to this wacky Star Wars plot. I've outlined some of the core features I'd like for the story below, but know I'm pretty open in all other regards, including some of the specifics of Kylo's post sacrifice appearance.  I'm very curious to see if this very niche idea gets a bite!

The Plot
So, ever since The Force Awakens came out, I've had an idea for this plot where Kylo Ren redeems himself through sacrificing his life. At least that's what he wants to happen. He believes that he's beyond hope and there's nothing that he can do that will ever atone for his sins.

Buuut he doesn't die. Because Rey won't let him.

Instead he ends up with extensive injuries not unlike that of Vader. The rp will be very character driven, with the fallout of the resistance/first order/threat from the beyond playing out mostly in the background.

A significant aspect of the story will be Kylo dealing with the disfiguring burn wounds, learning how to use prosthesis and growing accustomed to chronic pain. I'd prefer it if Rey wasn't able to just accept Kylo's injuries immediately. She'd be disconcerted by it at first, even a little repulsed... but they learn how to deal with it together.

Kylo resents Rey for saving him, but soon enough the connection between them that has been building over the trilogy comes to its natural close and romance ensues.

The Kylo/Rey relationship

Despite being being very different individuals at first glance, Rey and Kylo have managed to forge a connection through their shared need for belonging and feelings of abandonment. They have seen each others deepest fears and desires, have caught glimpses of each other's future and past. Although their relationship has progressed a great deal since their first meeting (abduction) on Takodana, they still have a great deal to learn about each other and plenty of unresolved issues to sort out.

A note on how I play Kylo

Powerful, volatile and vulnerable. He's a study in contrast between light and dark with a soft spot a mile wide for Rey and sincere in what he says to her. Also 100% a virgin. A space knight who has dedicated his life to first the light and then the dark... and now Rey. 

What I love and like to see in my writing partner's version of Rey

She's fiercely protective of the people she loves, is adaptable and makes the best of whatever life throws at her, she's very independent and after her struggle with her identity and place in the story in TLJ she's fairly calm and confident in her role by the end of 'episode 9' (at which point this story starts off). At least this wacky AU ending to episode 9. She believes she has finally found her family in her friends and Kylo as a romantic partner.

"A monster is not such a terrible thing to be. From the Latin root monstrum, a divine messenger of catastrophe, then adapted by the Old French to mean an animal of myriad origins: centaur, griffin, satyr. To be a monster is to be a hybrid signal, a lighthouse: both shelter and warning at once."
—    Ocean Vuong

Lomesa

Inspiration Pics for this RP

Because I've been in the Reylo fandom way to long.

Here's a piece of concept art for Kylo back when he was known as the jedi killer in development... The more vader-like robotic look might be part of what inspired this rp idea.

Also this concept art based on a Adam Driver photo shoot for Vanity fair before Daisy Ridley was cast as Rey and Kylo's design had been finalised.

I mean look as this big old, puppy-eyed cutie. Gifs in the spoiler

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Some of my favourite fanart

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

"A monster is not such a terrible thing to be. From the Latin root monstrum, a divine messenger of catastrophe, then adapted by the Old French to mean an animal of myriad origins: centaur, griffin, satyr. To be a monster is to be a hybrid signal, a lighthouse: both shelter and warning at once."
—    Ocean Vuong