-Revenants- Action/Adventure/Fantasy RP Interest Check

Started by Cameron182, May 19, 2010, 03:26:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cameron182

Alright here's a brief backstory.

The world of Zariah is in complete and utter turmoil once again. The land is split and the various peoples are at war, while other groups try and maintain their neutrality but fail miserably at the task. Poverty has fallen across the land as the resources of nearly every available area are drained into a war that has been raging off and on for several thousand years. People are desperate for an answer, desperate for a chance to put an end to the violence and bloodshed once and for all.

On one side there is the Blessed. They are the children of the Light, guarded by its strength and gifted by its power. Their numbers are vast, numbering in the hundreds with differences in power ranging from the miniscule to massive. They are headed by the Holy Mother and under her the Council of Priests, numbering to 13 total. They in turn rule the entire Western half of Zariah, governing the actions of the various kingdoms and villages that make up their portion. Throughout the centuries they have been known for their kind and just rule, favoring all of the peoples equally, though in the last few decades their rule has turned more tyrannous, shunning the civilians labeled as the "Un-Gifted" whom possess absolutely no magic abilities whatsoever, forcing them into an almost slave-like existence. The Holy Mother knows little of these actions, as they are overseen by the Council of Priests, while her attention is focused more on the war, which is turning more and more into a losing struggle.

On the opposite end of the continent is the Cursed. They are the spawn of the Underworld, backed by Darkness itself. They are mainly made up of various creatures; Demons, Orcs, Dragons, Dark Elves, etc, and only a handful of humans make up their numbers. However these humans are their ruling elite, they are known as the "Children of Aurelis", marked by pure black hair and blood-red eyes, this single group of humans possess strength and abilities that few of the Blessed could hope to achieve. They are rumored to be demons inhabiting human bodies, though that hasn't been quite proven. Their leader is the Demon King himself, Azazel Aurelis, the father of the current Children, having killed off his siblings and parents before him. He is known as being the most vicious and brutal ruler in the entire Aurelis family tree, developing the skill to draw the strength and magic out of any enemy that he destroys, making it his own and increasing his power tremendously each time. He has many children under him, currently 10 altogether, and they make up the Generals in his army, handling the work of the frontlines.

As each side continue to battle each other, desperate for a way to win the war and put an end to the struggle for good, the Holy Mother has devised a strategy to help and turn the tides of war in their favor. Throughout the bloody history of Zariah, there has been legend of various Children of Aurelis that turned against their family and aided the Light in their own time, nearly destroying the Cursed each time this event happened. However alone they were simply not strong enough to finish the job on their own, and each in turn fell. However the people had gathered their corpses and built shrines for them safely in the lands of the Western Coast, praising their efforts, idolizing them into nearly Saint-like figures. Now the Holy Mother, along with a small number of her personal assistants, have devised a way to bring back the various heroes from the dead, return them to physical form, and with their combined abilities, give them the strength they need to destroy the Cursed and take Zariah back once and for all, this group of heroes are known as the "Revenants".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I imagine this will end up being a very long, very epic thread, so be prepared for a journey. I will be accepting whoever wishes to be apart of the thread in one shape or form, but I do insist that you are literate in your posts if you do join, this is a must. The rest of the plot will be developed as we go along, I wouldn't mind any ideas of thoughts, I actually encourage them. I'm not going to require a lengthy character sheet or anything like that just a simple one, which I'll post at the end of this, but this could truely turn into something good if it all works out.

Here's a little description of each side's abilities:

Blessed: Known for being entirely blonde-headed and blue-eyed, their abilities manifest in various forms, though they all share the same basic abilities of magic; telekinesis, energy-blasts of a white-hue, that type of thing. They also have the ability to interact with nature and the various wildlife. Think of their abilities as Holy-type powers.

Cursed: As stated before, if they're a Child of Aurelis, they are black-haired and have blood-red eyes that seem to glow with their power. Their abilities are more sinister than the Blessed; pyrokinesis, mind-control on weaker minded individuals, energy-blasts of a black hue, etc. They can interact and command any dark creature; dragons, demons, orcs, etc.

Revenants: They are unique, possessing black hair and blue eyes, or blonde hair and blood-red eyes, which ever you choose. There are five altogether and they have the abilities of both sides, the Blessed and the Cursed. They are just as powerful, if not more so than anyone on either side, and like the others, their abilities manifest themselves in various forms, though they hold atleast a small portion of skill in each department.

--------Other Groups-----------

Elves: Immortals that have lived in Zariah for thousands of years, since its creation by the Light. They are the wisest of any people in the lands, though their numbers are dwindling to only a few dozen. As the land dies due to the constant battle and death that it witnesses, so does the Elves' abilities to reproduce, and with their decision to join the war and fight for the Light several centuries before, their numbers have decreased since. They are very skilled in nature-based magic, though they are not a part of the Blessed, and are known for being top-notch archers without rival.

Razh: These creatures are the power-houses of the Army of Light, they are a very large species of feline humanoids, each standing anywhere from 7-10 feet tall, with massive builds, these cat-like creatures are incredibly strong and move with the speed of a cheetah. They aren't the smartest of species, though they are intelligent. They are the foot-soldiers of the Army of Light, and while they possess no magic are extremely formidable warriors.

Sorceresses: These are the magical elite of the Blessed, stronger than even the Council of Priests. They are the Holy Mother's personal bodyguards and shock-force, used for only the most dangerous of missions. They are unrivaled in their magical abilities, though each possess a naturally calm and compassionate spirit, only resorting to violence when necessary. They are the daughters of the Holy Mother herself, and are 7 in number.

Demons: The Cursed's version of the Razh, they are the epitome of evil and malevolence. They are vicious and blood-thirsty creatures, standing at about the same heights at the Razh themselves, and even said to originate from the same genetic pool, however the Darkness has twisted them into vile and disgusting creatures. They are wickedly intelligent and very formidable, while possessing no magical abilities of their own.

Witches and Warlocks: The magic power-houses of the Cursed, the polar opposite of the Sorceresses, their magical abilities are unrivaled among the Cursed population.

Orcs: Low-intelligent creatures that are used as foot-soldiers in the Cursed Army, each standing slightly taller than the average man, with little or no thought to self-preservation, instead solely focused on slaughter.

Dragons: While few in number, they are very intelligent creatures that have been brought under spell by the Children of Aurelis, each possessing one of their own. They are massive creatures, ranging anywhere from 20-50 feet from nose to tail. They are able to breathe a very dark flame that is nearly black as night, though they don't speak with their mouths, they instead communicate telepathically.

Dark Elves: Originating from the same group as the Blessed's Elves, these creatures have become corrupted and twisted by the Darkness, losing their control over nature and instead focusing on more archery and sword-based skill. They are mainly the assassins and scouts of the Cursed Army.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Other groups may be added later, depending on how many people become involved. I will accept ideas for various species and such, but I will be very critical on any suggestions, so don't be discouraged if I reject a certain type. You may pick a character from any of these groups and develop their history as you'd like, please feel free to take liberty in crafting your own part of the world as well, it's your playground as much as it's mine. You may take up to three characters total, though only one from each of the main groups if you want a character in each part. I will be very strict on who is accepted as one of the Revenants, as these will be the main characters of the story itself.

Keep in mind that this hopefully will be a large thread with alot of people, so I'm not going to establish that there by any set order once things begin, just please try to be as active as possible, if you haven't posted in atleast two weeks without any word then I will simply move the story along without your character, leaving them behind. I will probably be adding more rules and stipulations as we go along, so make sure to keep checking this thread. Also if there are any questions or comments, feel free to leave them and I will gladly answer them. This is a Rated R type thread, there will be violence, bloodshed, love, vulgarity, language, all of that, so let's just enjoy this and have some fun. :)

Here's the character sheet that you'll need to fill out before having a character:

Character's Full Name:
Affiliation:
Magical Abilities/Area of Expertise (If Any):
Character Description (A Picture will suffice, if not a simple paragraph or so):
Character History (Revenants need to explain their time as a Hero in history and how they were killed): Atleast two to three detailed paragraphs please.

Cameron182

I will be posting my character sheet tomorrow most likely as it's already 3:30 am and I have work tomorrow lol. But my character will be the leader of the Revenants, the first one.

elfguy

Sounds interesting, hopefully will get enough people to fill all these groups.

Character's Full Name: Pamine

Species: Dark Elf

Affiliation: Cursed

Magical Abilities/Area of Expertise (If Any): Very strong and agile, skilled with her sword and hand to hand combat. She has limited magical abilities, dark magic allowing her to freeze and slow down the movements of her enemies, and also regenerate very fast when in the dark or shadows.

Character Description (A Picture will suffice, if not a simple paragraph or so):

Character History:
Once part of the proud elves of the world, Pamine quickly realized that the elves were diminishing in numbers, being destroyed by other races, and they preferred peace, going into hiding instead of fighting back. Pamine however would have none of that, and embraced the dark arts, becoming part of the Cursed side, to fight back and take what she considers is rightfully hers.

(will add more later)

----

playfullchick76

I would be interested in taking part in this, playing as a sorceress, one of the seven, if thats ok.

Cameron182

Character's Full Name: Asriel Aurelis
Species: Child of Aurelis
Affiliation: Blessed
Magical Abilities/Area of Expertise (If Any): Weapons master, extremely fast and agile, somewhat adept in magical abilities, able to tap into both sides of his abilities easily, the strongest of the Children of Aurelis.
Character Description :
Character History:

Asriel Aurelis was born to Ashen Aurelis over 2,500 years before the present timeline. He was brought up with the rest of his siblings under their cruel and demented father, not too long after the war between the Blessed and the Cursed had just sprung into fruition. Asriel was always different from the rest of his siblings, never really understanding his family's need for blood and conquest, not to mention the fact that he was born with icy blue eyes, just like those that belonged to the Blessed. Being the youngest of his siblings, he was constantly beat-up and made fun of, shunned by the others for being the youngest and 'weird' by their definition. However it became quickly apparent that Asriel was far stronger than any of the others in his family, even at a young age he was able to defend himself quite easily from his siblings, earning their respect in their own way.

However as Asriel began to grow older, he began to see his father and the rest of the Cursed as they truely were, evil incarnate. He knew that he could not support them any longer and by the age of fifteen he ran away from the Cursed stronghold in Jahl'Ra, striking out into the world on his own. He had learned all about the Blessed and after adventuring through Zariah, barely making it on his own, he ended up arriving at the headquarters of the Blessed, and met the Holy Mother herself. At first they were extremely wary of him, and with just cause, but he quickly proved to them that he was different than the rest of the Aurelis family, that he actually was a good person.

The Holy Mother herself took Asriel under her wing and began to train him as best as she knew, showing him the way of the Blessed as well, and surprisingly finding that he had just as much talent in the Blessed aspect of magic as he did with the Cursed. This was astonishing to everyone, as they'd never seen anything like it before, one of the Cursed who seemed to be Blessed as well. Asriel quickly grew in his abilities, flourishing to astonishing degrees that no one had ever seen before, and soon after he was a major part of the Army of Light, leading their troops into battle and becoming a leading force in destroying the Cursed Army at every battle. It seemed that the Blessed would finally succeed in beating back the Cursed and destroy them once and for all, when the remaining Children of Aurelis, along with their father, decided to go after Asriel personally. It was an epic battle that lasted for a very long time, with a large amount of bloodshed and turmoil in abundancy, however finally there were just too many of the Children of Aurelis, and Asriel was killed, but not before he take nearly all of them with him to the grave. His bones were gathered afterwards by the Holy Mother's Sorceresses and placed in a memorial tomb near the Temple of the Light, the Blessed's main headquarters.

(Yeahhh I went short and simple with the bio lol, I'm really tired from working all day but I wanted to go ahead and get it up there and stuff.)

Anyways, love the character elfguy, and playfullchick76 that would be great :) Feel free to begin working on a character sheet. I'm so glad there's interest in this :).

sinoraa

Character's Full Name: Sinora Aurelis
Age:  1,790 (Died at 73, tough looks to be in her, early/mid twenties, due to her powers)
Species: Revenant
Affiliation: Blessed

Character appearance:

Magical Abilities: Extremely adept in most physical magic, but average in range spells such as fire and lightning.

Push: Releasing a heavy amount of condensed magical energy, from her body, which sends nearby enemies flying. (Blessed)

Battle charge: Propels Sinora forward at a great speed, blasting all nearby aside. (Cursed)

Rage: Sends Sinora into a uncontrollable murder frenzy, increasing both her speed and strength, by pumping the blood in her body at a much faster rate, her heart rate also increases to levels that are impossible, for any normal human. Unlike her other skills, this actually doesn't strain her body, but still leaves her exhausted if used for longer periods, and often hungry, as it uses up a lot of energy. (Cursed)

Mist: A cursed spell, developed by assassins. The mist form allows the user to enter a intangible state, allowing them to pass solid barriers like doors, or bars. (Cursed)

Assassins rush: A big surge of speed, which can be channeled threw any body part. This allows her to momentarily increase her movement so fast, its often been mistaken for teleportation. The rush is mostly used momentarily, dodging a critical blow, or delivering a quick fatal strike, as it puts to much strain on the users body, to be used for long periods. (Blessed)

Shadow step: A spell of Sinora's own design. The shadow step combines both the mist spell, and assassins rush. By entering the mist form, Sinora can combine it up with the rush, allowing her to literary run threw her enemy, and appear behind them, to deliver a fatal blow. Also while in mist form, the rush take less strain on her, adding the fact that she can pass threw solid barriers, makes it a extremely effective escape strategy. (Unique)

Time stop: Regardless the name, Sinora can not control time. She can however use a combination of rage, and assassins rush threw her entire body, allowing her to move and think at such speed, its impossible to keeps up with her. Tough she can only stay in this state, for approximately ten seconds, tough its to be noted the time is significantly longer from her perspective. (Unique)

Rapid regeneration: As most of Sinora's spells take a huge strain on the body, she saw to it to master healing magic. In this field shes considered a master, capable of healing wounds in a matter of moments, and even recover lost limbs, although  unlike lesser wounds, this progress can take up to two weeks. But most notably would be her seemingly immortality. Ever sense she mastered this art, at the age of twenty four, it seems as if her aging simply reached a halt. (Blessed)

Mana edge: By infusing her own mana into her blades, Sinora can sharpen the blades to the extent, they can cut threw the most common sorts of steel. (Blessed)

Area of Expertise: Physical magic. Sinora exeal in physical magic, which is adapted for quick, and fatal blows.

Character History: Sinora was born close to two thousand years ago. At this time, the blessed was almost completely wiped out, their forces to scattered, and disorganized to pose any true threat, to the cursed. But it is in the darkest of hours, the greatest of heroes are born. Sinora was born and raised in the capital, Arian's fall. Named after the last king who'd fallen, marking the end, of the age of man. It had been her father who'd killed the last human king, after which he'd taken up his throne. Sinora always thought he was a sick and twisted man, having more children then she could keep track of, which he'd kill if they failed to keep up with his standards. Which understandably made the rest all the more motivated, not to slip up. By the age of twenty, there were only seven of her sibling left, the "pick of the litter" in a sense. By now, she felt so confident in her abilities, she finally rose to challange her father.

Sinora gathered the people, and rebelled against the cursed and her father. Though faced with overwhelming odds, their combined numbers managed to drive, the cursed ones back, and she slayed her father...Though at a grate prize. At the end of the night, a forth of the entire population was slaughtered, but they were free. Arian's fall, would eventually be renamed to Sinora's rise, marking a new age. Although her siblings were nowhere to be found afterwards.

She went on to gather the blessed around the land, and eventually pushed the cursed back. Though Sinora never lived, to see her people enjoy peace. For fifty years she fought against the cursed, and she probably could have gone on longer, as her powers kept her from aging. Though that was not to be. Betrayed by her second in command, she was lured into a ambush, where the most powerful demons and witches waited for her. Though it was not by their hand she died. Using her powers, she moved at such speed, none of the cursed could register her movements before they were dead. This was to much of a stain on Sinora's body, and she died from a heart attack, only moments after the last demon was slain. Though this was not the end of the war, but the cursed, lacking any true leadership now, quickly got pushed back, and a statue of Sinora was risen in, Sinora's rise, forever memorizeing her sacrifice.

Cameron182

Just to clarify for anyone else that might be deciding to pick a Revenant as your character, Asriel is the first one, the oldest, so each of them would have come after him in the timeline. Also they are originally Children of Aurelis, so their last name would in fact be Aurelis unless they changed it at some point in their lives, and if so make sure to include that in your history, as well as their times as a Child of Aurelis before they left to join the light. I'm really happy to see all of the interest so far :)

playfullchick76

Characters full name- Mara, being one of the seven sorceresses, one name is enough to let anyone know who she is.
Age- Just a shade younger than the Holy Mother herself.
Species- human
Affiliation- Blessed
character Description- As one of the Blessed, Mara is blonde haired and blue eyed,about 5ft 4" tall, with a willowy, deceptively slender figure. In terms of a picture, which ive never been able to put in here, she would look like Kristen Bell from Veronica  Mars, and When in Rome.

Character History- Being one of the Holy Mothers Children, she was raised in the portions that the Blessed controlled. She had a greater affinity for magic and with that, came something akin to immortality, not pure immortality, but aged very,very slowly upon reaching the age of 21. She would die one day, but not from natural causes or old age. Her concern is for the Holy Mothers safety, and emerging victorious in any missions that she's tasked with. like her mother, she doesnt look down on those that dont have magical powers, and respects all.

She takes her protection of mother seriously, but takes any chance to leave the grounds of the temple of the light. She is a very powerfull magic user.She could interact with nature, let it work as her ally, and add to her magical abilities.Her energy blasts can kill whatevers in range, and bring down lightning as well on the heads of those who have to be stopped, and quickly.

She does her job without trying to clash with the Council of Priests, as she abhors what they're doing, but to make ripples would be to distract the Great mother from the task at hand, managing the war.still, she does take action at times to right wrong acts of the council,and when she intervenes, even the Council of Priests know not to say anything or to stop her.

She has had lovers in the past, but they havnt lasted for very long, as her first duty must be the protection of Mother.She is primarily drawn to lovers with magical abilities, as those with magic call to her more than those that dont.

I hope that what I put in is ok, and that the changes are suitable. Still, the information on the Sorceresses isnt huge, so I'm going on what is in there, and the basic history of Zariah,plus what my creative mind can think up. i could put in another character profile, where I'm one of the Revenant if you dont get enough Revenants.

Cameron182

I like it :) If you could just try to add a bit more to the history, immerse yourself in the possibility of what all she's done in her life, did she ever have any problems with the corrupt Council of Priests? Did she have a love? That kind of thing, it gives you more of a chance to flesh out the character so she'll be easier for you to play, but otherwise I like her.

Xiddeus

Sooo, Like hey would an Orc or other Monsterous Humanoid be ok?  I really like the idea of the open world and think I know a couple of people that might be interested as well...
For want of something better to say... sometimes nothing is best.

ONs and OFFS
Plot ideas
Apologies & Absences
The Oath!

Cameron182

Yeah that'd be fine, keep in mind though that the Orcs aren't very intelligent, so you might want to go with a Demon or something. Also I really need Children of Aurelis as well, since they're the main group of antagonists.

Drake Valentine

Do all Children of Aurelis have to possess those physical appearance traits or can there be runts(lesser bloodline/power) or maybe those that alter their physical appearance somehow?

I wanna make a villain. ;3

Also we going by anime reference images or it doesn't matter?

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Cameron182

Yeah they all are born with the same physical traits, it marks them as Children of Aurelis, however I don't see any reason why one wouldn't be able to possibly alter his appearance later, as long as you keep it within reason and make not of it in your history. You can use whichever image type you like, I personally prefer anime images for this type of rp, but you're more than welcome to use a real person.

playfullchick76

ok, changes made, some, if you have any more details on the sorceresses, tell me so i can make my character more complete. I'm glad you like what ive put on it so far.

Drake Valentine

Character's Full Name:
Ichiro Aurelis
Aliases/Known Currently As:
Kagi
Species:
Child of Aurelis
Affiliation:
His Own  (See History)
Magical Abilities/Area of Expertise (If Any):
Fire: As the aliases he uses today entitles, Kagi’s main expertise is in manipulating and summoning fire and also he is immune to most flames, unless they are of a more holy/blessed nature, or not from Azazel Aurelis himself. Though there is one vice as to date of Kagi’s control in summoning/generating his own flames. His fire is much more powerful given his bloodline, however, considering the condition his body is in to date, it puts a strain upon him. There are two types of flames he can summon/generate, each with a penalty upon his current condition.
Demon’s Bane: Kagi’s own personal fire, warped and consumed by dark energy, it can torch and almost burn any obstacle; though the more power conjure into it, the heavier the strain upon Kagi’s current body. The fatal scar along his chest will begin to bleed out and thus is one primary reason why he avoids wielding these deadly flames.
Reaper’s Touch: Ah, good old necromancery, without it, Kagi wouldn’t be alive today. Of course, he can’t go around summoning undead or casting curses, however he can draw upon the power that is keeping him alive today- for a price. Mixing death with fire, he can create a nice substitute to linger and even a more powerful result when put together with his own Demon’s Bane(however, the attempt itself would be as close if not considered suicide and the result can easily take down anyone, maybe even the demon king himself.) The price he must pay for this fire? His own life energy, each time he wields death magic with any flame, the grains of sand that are keeping him alive are tilted further over.
Any other flame, again, he can freely manipulate and control as long as it isn't from Azazel himself or a holy inclined being.
Hand to Hand Combat:
How has Kagi managed to stay alive this long? Why it is simple, by strengthening himself and stepping out of his primary area of expertise to better defend himself. Of course, he wasn’t much wet behind the ears before the incident with the Demon King, but now Kagi has learned he can’t depend and rely on his flames as much as he has done so in the distant past. Therefore he has put his tattered body through crucial training to remain upon an elite level as any other Child of Aurelis. Kagi may not be a master at weapons, he never seen any need to focus upon various instruments. His talents rely solely upon his entire being, and as surprising as it may come, more so on a defensive level than an aggressive one.
Character Description

Character History:

Ah Ichiro, beloved Ichiro, he was once a prized child of Azazel. The demon showed such potential, such ambition; though there were other traits that the Demon King was picking up on as well. Ichiro was displaying other strange signs of unusual activity, especially when the war against the Blessed came and his own traitorous brother that sought to rebel. While everyone else was doing their hardest to stop Asriel, Ichiro himself didn’t lift a finger to assist. The armies he controlled may have been upon the battlefield, Ichiro was not, he was never seen on the front lines. Cowardice? Nay, Azazel raised his children better than that, and amongst the kin, Ichiro was one to display, as mentioned before, the most promise in being a suitable leader and capable fighter by his own means. Betrayal? Such a reasonable possibility, though the Demon King also knew better that Ichiro would not subject himself to be a member amongst that of the Blessed or aide them- that child of his was too bloodthirsty, too corrupted to get away within their lines.

Mutiny at its finest, Ichiro was already weeding his own command to center his attack on Azazel while the iron was hot. Ichiro sought to take advantage of the situation and turn it over into his favor by catching his father off guard while all the other children were away dealing with Asriel. Unfortunately, not everything goes according to plan. Of course, it was the perfect opportunity to ascend the throne as a new Demon King, Ichiro underestimated his father’s own prowess. This was a fatal error on his behalf, one that cost Ichiro dearly. The power of his flames then weren’t up to par and the Demon King had already displayed incredible strength from all the victims in the past that he had slain; the battle itself was one-sided and easily decided. Though Ichiro fought with every ounce of his strength, it was nothing in comparison to what his father was capable of and thus came the crucial end result.

Ichiro was ‘killed’ that day. His chest was torn apart, brutally ripped open and more horrifically even his left eye was lost in that confrontation with his parent. The Demon King saw no need to finish Ichiro off, not only did Ichiro pose no threat to Azazel, but also it was under the assumption that he would of bled out and die. Sadly, this was an error that the Demon King made, though everyone is capable of their own faults.

Ichiro’s ‘death’ was postpone by the aide of a Necromancer. Black magic was used to preserve Ichiro’s own body intact or what was left of it for that matter. Though the scar still remains, there is only so much a user of Death can do to ‘aide’ a fallen comrade. Perhaps Ichiro did in fact die, though his name has, one that he had stripped from himself in his disgrace of the landslide defeat he had suffered. No longer could he consider himself a child of Aurelis when most of his power is sealed by the condition his body is in. Everything about him seemed to withered away, except his ambitions and his own desires for revenge.

From then out, Kagi, the aliases Ichiro affiliates himself as, was born.  He saw no need to further carry himself in image as a Child of Aurelis, forcing those of more magical talent as far as illusions go to alternate the color of hair into a crimson flavor. As his body gradually healed, he progressed and trained himself to become a better and stronger man, one that would rival his own father one day. Kagi holds no affiliation any further towards Blessed or Cursed, to him they are all enemies. He has been known through decades to attack both sides behind the shadows, throwing himself at opponents that are often stronger than him and managing to make it out alive as a result. There is no greater way to improve for him, unless it is taking on someone stronger and rising towards the top as the rightful heir to the throne.

As of now, he will do whatever it takes, even if it means making temporarily alliances. The Cursed need a new ruler and Kagi will give it to them by his own means. In the end, if he confronts Azazel again and wins on his own in another one on one battle, would that not be evidence enough that the title truly belongs to Kagi? Still, there is some reluctance in this task, wisdom would play out in not making the same mistakes as he had before. Though with the pride and being a demon, he will refuse to allowing others in taking his victory from him, even if he turns them into pawns.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Cameron182

I like the changes playfullchick76 :), everything looks good on the character sheet :)

And very impressive Drake, I really like the character, well done.

Alright now it's just a waiting game for a couple more people to join up and then we'll go ahead and start the thread itself.

Crovonovin

I'm sorry if I've taken any liberties when constructing this character!  I just noticed that there seems to be a bit of an imbalance between the Cursed and the Blessed at the moment, so I thought the bad guys could use a bit of a power hitter on their team!

Character's Full Name: Ancalrung the Endless
Age: Old enough to regard measurements like days and years in the same way a human regards seconds and minutes.
Species: Dragon of Aurelis
Affiliation: Cursed
Magical Abilities:

Also known as the Wyrm of a Million Breaths, Ancalrung specializes in many potent magical attacks focused from his massive, bone-crushing jaws.  Below are listed the ones he seems to favour the most.

Withering Torrent:
Like all dragons, Ancalrung is naturally able to produce jets of fires from his mouth that melt through flesh, bone, stone, and steel with relative ease.  But no two dragons are quite the same, and each is altered both in form and ability by the wickedness or purity of their innermost souls.  The malice festering within this wyrm's black heart has warped his power into something altogether putrid; in addition to blackened flames he is able to expel floods of noxious, corrosive ichor from his gullet capable of digesting most enemies in seconds.

Cold Snap:
Just as his hatred fuels both his flames and his poisons, Ancalrung's disdain and arrogance allows him to perform a far more unusual attack for a dragon.  Though he is bound--like all dragons--to a Child of Aurelias, he observes everything with a cold malice and considers all to be beneath his attention.  Though his heart is molten with inner rage, it is encased in a shield of unforgiving ice.  Ancalrung is able to call forth freezing winds and icy shards from his gaping maw, freezing all in its place so that he might smash the unworthy to pieces beneath his claws.

Judgment:
Those who Ancalrung most wishes to see wiped from the face of existence will suffer the full force of his power.  Though Judgment appears as a bolt of lightning, it is in fact a beam of pure magical energy, undiluted and unrestrained.  He claims that it is a "Cleansing Flame", meant to erase the weak and the impotent from his sight.  The true strength of this ability comes from its unmatched speed and ability to arc between targets once it has made a direct hit.

Transformation:
Another racial ability.  Ancalrung is able to switch between four distinct forms on a whim, unless magic is used to restrain him in a particular body.  Though each form offers different advantages based on its structure, none of them are necessarily weaker or stronger than the others.

• Great Dragon:
The traditional dragon body, possessing four sturdy legs.  Despite having a set of wings in this form, the distribution of mass is such that flight is nearly impossible to achieve by ordinary means.  Instead the wings are used to shield incoming attacks or generate gusts of wind to knock over smaller opponents. 
  • Wyvern:
Somewhat similar to the first form, but the wings have replaced the foremost set of limbs.  Ancalrung is capable of flying incredibly fast for his size while in this state, though his physical attacks become restrained to biting or swooping with outstretched talons.
  • Wyrm:
Completely different from the previous two forms, Ancalrung's body loses both its limbs and its wings while increasing proportionally in overall length and girth.  Though he can no longer fly, he is able to slither with surprising swiftness over the ground or burrow beneath the earth to mount surprise attacks.
  • Dragoon:
Ancalrung's final form is that of a human, albeit with hints of scales fringing his neck and limbs and distinctly draconic eyes.  He seems to find this body particularly disgusting, though he admits that it makes walking inside buildings a great deal easier.  His physical speed and strength seem far more potent due to his mass being compressed into such a small body, though he is rather unskilled when fighting with fists and swords instead of tooth and nail.

Character Description:
Ancalrung's Great Dragon form is pictured above, and his other dragonoid forms do not deviate much from it besides the alteration or loss of limbs.  The most notable changes include a larger mouth when in his Wyrm state and gargantuan wings while in his Wyvern state.  He measures 60 feet from tip of his snout to the edge of his barbed tail, and easily breaks 90 feet when transmogrified into a Wyrm. 

His humanoid form is rather idealized due to his own vanity, and is decidedly androgynous.  From the slender bridge of his carefully sculpted nose to the delicate curve of his purple lips, Ancalrung could easily be taken for a woman or an elf at a glance.  His eyes are piercing tawny globes that lack any sort of pupil or iris, and it is difficult to tell exactly where he is looking at any given moment.  Straight golden hair flows down the front of his chest like spun silk, and when the light catches it just right it glimmers like a layer of reptilian scales. 

He stands at a staggering eight feet tall (mostly due to his refusal to ever have to look up at his so-called masters), but is deceptively slight of build for his height.  He most commonly wears heavy purple robes covered in golden runes, including a hooded crown in the shape of his natural horns. 

Character History:

Among the greatest and oldest monstrosities spawned from the ashen wastelands of the Underworld, dragons have always been a terrifying threat on any battlefield during the long centuries of war between the forces of Light and the forces of Darkness.  In ancient times they were numerous and devastating, swarming over enemy battalions in droves or swooping down from above to scour the earth with all-consuming flames.  But though they wielded tremendous power and fearsome magic, it was precisely this strength that would bring them to the verge of extinction.  So great was the threat that they posed that the Blessed sought them out where ever they could be found, targeting them immediately when they reared their ugly heads during the many wars of the past.  They did not die easily, but each death was a decisive blow against their steadily dwindling population.  Dragons matured and reproduced far too slowly to be used so carelessly as shock troops, but in these days the Darkness preferred overwhelming force to foresight and strategy.

Ancalrung was alive even in these ancient times, and through sheer cleverness and ingenuity managed to survive with a select few of his brethren in the face of the Blessed's formidable retaliation.  He was the first to learn that careful manipulation of his own emotions could stimulate physical change and growth, and used it to his advantage to bolster a wide array of magical talents to catch his enemies off guard.  But though he had been created solely for the purpose of fighting, Ancalrung was often wracked with doubt.

He and his kin had never been told why they were fighting this war.  It was merely enough that they were on one side and the Blessed on the other.  There was a clear line separating the Good from the Evil, and he was expected to adhere to it without question.  But with each passing battle it became more and more difficult to ponder such things.  It seemed wrong somehow to consider his own existence to be an evil thing, when so many of the people he fought against seemed every bit as bloodthirsty and cruel.  They simply had the advantage of looking beautiful and serene.  Both sides fought for survival, because neither could stand the other's existence.  Both sides were equally capable of heinous acts; one side denied them or hid them away, while the other reveled openly in the slaughter.  It seemed pointless.  Such a war would truly last for an eternity.

As could be expected in such a conflict, tragedy touched the lives of all involved.  It was not uncommon even in those savage days for dragons to take mates, with the strongest of the males being granted access to the rare females in order to pass their strength onto the next generation.  But this was war, and not even the cycle of life could be held sacred.  Not when it meant another wave of young dragons devouring their way across the battlefield.  The Blessed discovered the nests of the Dragons after much searching and dying, and laid siege to it in an attempt to permanently cripple the Cursed. 

By the time Ancalrung arrived with reinforcements, the damage had been done.  His mate was slain, the eggs were blasted into piles of dust, and the future of the species was no longer assured.  Though doubts had wracked his mind, the grief welling up in him swiftly turned to a black, malignant hatred.  He cursed the Blessed for this atrocity, but most of all he cursed whatever being who had given birth to his race for granting them the intelligence to feel such pain.

But his fate was chained to the Cursed, and he could not retreat from the life that he had been granted.  There was nothing left but to continue to fight against the forces of Light until the day that he too joined his fallen brethren in death.  Ancalrung now lives a hollow and bitter existence, emotionally deadened but infinitely more arrogant for all the power accrued over his long years of life.

playfullchick76

Wow, very dark, you write evil so well, a good ally for the cursed.

Esoteric Myobi

Just wanted to put my hat into the ring and voice my interest. =)

I haven't decided on which side I'd like to play on yet, and might wait a bit to see if anyone else joins before I put up a character profile.

Hm...to be good or to be scintillatingly evil...that is the question...

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Crovonovin

Pshaw, what good ever came out of being Good?  ;D

Esoteric Myobi

Hmm, you might have a point there...being good is just so against my nature isn't it? :P

...must be why it takes me that much longer to push out a post for my 'good' characters?

-wonders...wonders...-

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Cameron182

Impressive work, Shihong, I really do enjoy the character alot, that's more detail than I would have expected out of someone playing a dragon character. You are most definately approved. Also a little hint, we are still needing someone to play Azazel Aurelis, the leader of the Cursed and the current Father of the Children of Aurelis.

sinoraa

Ah, Shihong, god of forum writeing as usual ^^. Here i was gonna have unnamed abilities, then you come here and does such a good job, making me look lazy. :P ...later though...to lazy

Crovonovin

I could possibly play Azazel as well--with Ancalrung as the dragon bonded to him--if the need arises, but for now I wouldn't want to take on multiple big-name roles in case someone else shows their interest.

Imogen

I'd be interested in playing one of the blessed if there still is room for one more?
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]