Game Protagonists at War (Accepting Applications)

Started by BruceTheCat, August 11, 2014, 10:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vanetias

BruceTheCat

We are actually full up on characters right now Vanetias. However if you'd like to submit a sheet I can run it through the approval process in case a spot opens up.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Vanetias

BruceTheCat

We have had one female character decide to withdraw, so I am reopening the game for a female character!
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Bibliophilia

I should like very much, sir, if I could take part in your game?  I'm, obviously, going to be making up a sheet for Alice, from American McGee's Alice.  I'll probably get it completed tonight.

BruceTheCat

- scribus1000

Bibliophilia

Alice Liddell

Current Occupation: Alice is a substitute kindergarten teacher and struggling actress.

Home World Information: Alice is originally from Earth, though she has not spent much time there.  Her time was mostly spent in the fantastical world of Wonderland, where one can speak with chess pieces, have an unbirthday party and be nearly slaughtered by a pack of playing cards all in the span of a few hours.  Compared to Wonderland, the real world is rather dull, but it's also nice to be able to trust in such things as physics and logic.

Appearance/Style Description: Alice dresses with a nod toward vintage fashions, though she prefers to keep her clothing just hinting at vintage style, and not full-blown Mad Men.  Her silky brown hair is often worn up in some manner of bun, or chignon, which helps to make her look slightly older than her nineteen years.  She always wears a silver necklace with an Omega charm, and there's a tattoo on her left hip of a teacup with a sleeping mouse curled up inside of it.

Personality: Alice is a bit of an enigma.  She's a bright girl, but tends to be rather introverted, capable of being very sociable, but not forthcoming.  Her typical conversational style seems to be engaging others about themselves, and revealing very little of herself, though she's quite clever at it, so it's difficult to realize what she's doing.  She has a dry wit and wry sort of way of looking at the world, almost as if nothing can really surprise or disappoint her.  She has a love of cakes and tea, though one can sometimes get the sense that she is suspicious of them, as she often hesitates to eat something until someone else has had some first.

History: Alice is originally from a parallel Earth, similar to the original earth, but different in one very unique way.  Magic was real.  Granted, people didn't believe in it, but Alice had experienced it several times in her life by the time her family perished.  And, after they died, she experienced it once more, after years of living in an asylum and losing the last vestiges of her sanity.  When she returned to her true home, Wonderland, it was to find the once colorful and sweetly eccentric world turned into a dark and twisted wasteland.  Along with her companion, the sly, wicked old Cheshire, she made her way through this dreary, blighted Wonderland, leaving a swath of dismembered bodies and destruction in her wake.

Alice managed to defeat the Hatter, the fierce Jabberwocky and ultimately the Queen, but her victory did not last long.  The Legion invaded her precious Wonderland while it was still struggling to rebuild in the Queen's wake, and once more turned the beautiful land into a blasted warzone.  Alice and the other inhabitants were unable to fight the strange, pixelated ghosts that invaded Wonderland and ravaged the populace.  They fought valiantly, but when the Mock Turtle and the Gryphon fell, Alice and Cheshire were forced to flee from Wonderland to Earth, in the hopes of returning one day to take back their land.

Current Situation: Alice and Cheshire are living in a small one-bedroom apartment above a laundromat.  She works as a substitute kindergarten teacher and actress, and Cheshire spends most of his time sleeping or chasing mice in the alley behind their building.  He has had a harder time adjusting to life in the real world than Alice, since Earth is not much different than where she comes from.  Though, they both desperately miss Wonderland and are struggling with the grief over the loss of their friends.

Weapon: Alice managed to bring The Vorpal Blade with her from Wonderland when she fled.  That and Cheshire were all she could manage to bring, and he doesn't count as a weapon, the useless thing.

Special Powers:

One Pill:  After so much time spent nibbling on mushrooms, and strange cakes, and sipping from mysterious vials, Alice can now change her size at will, without the need of special ingestibles.  She can grow as large as ten feet, or as small as your average mouse, but the process wrecks havoc on her metabolism.  She is quite strong when large, and can take quite a beating, but she can't dodge and her stamina is quite poor, due to her body's energy requirements, and the energy expended to grow in the first place.  When she is small, she has very good stamina and is nearly impossible to hit, but it doesn't take much to damage her and she can't do much damage at all herself.

Psychotic Break:  Alice is mad.  Most of the time she is only mad in a genteel way, a manner that most would not even notice, or consider only eccentric.  However, inside a box within Alice is the full, bloody psychosis that she can release at will to do maximum carnage.  The trouble with Alice in a psychotic break, is that once she lets loose the hounds of war, she has a difficult time putting them back in their cages.  And, well, they don't always discern between friend and foe.  While in a rage, Alice does more damage with her weapons and can shrug off damage done to herself fairly well, but she runs a very high risk of losing control entirely and attacking her friends.  She also has a hell of a time pulling herself back from a rage.

Looking Glass: Alice, with a glance into a reflective surface and a bit of concentration, can step through the looking glass and come out of a reflective surface elsewhere.  She must be able to see the other surface from her original position and she can't remain within the looking glass world for longer than three minutes or she starts taking damage.  While not a true vacuum, the looking glass world, which is simply an empty, desolate reflection of the real world, has air that's too thin to support life and its very cold.  Short trips are all that one can manage.

Strengths:

Good with a Blade:  Alice has spent enough time with her beloved Vorpal Blade that she can easily be considered a master of the weapon.  She wields it with a frightening skill and ease...and a disturbing amount of pleasure.  The blade its self is quite strong, and works surprisingly well, even against armored foes.

Terribly Clever:  Alice is scary smart.  She has a wonderfully creative mind, and an eidetic memory, as well.  She can prove quite difficult to stump when it comes to riddles or puzzles, and her curiosity leads her to constantly learn new and interesting things.  Her mind, while sometimes chaotic, is also strategic.

The Cheshire Cat:  Alice might not fully appreciate him, and he certainly doesn't make it easy for her to, but the Cheshire does come in handy on many occasions.  When he wants to, he can serve Alice as an extra set of eyes, or another brilliantly clever mind, though he never makes it easy on her.  Sometimes he might be feeling generous enough to appear and distract an opponent, though he never actively participates in battle and he disappears before he can ever be wounded.

Hard to Shock:  Turns out, spending so much time in a world of utter madness and chaos, alternately in a bright and colorful way and in a dark and twisted way, leaves you quite immune to the effects of surprise or wonder.  While some people might be thrown off their stride by the sudden appearance of, say, Cthulhu or a pack of Manimals, Alice doesn't so much as blink.  There's simply not much at all that can surprise her or frighten her anymore, not after fighting the Jabberwocky and the Red Queen.

Weaknesses:

Madness:  While her utter break from reality serves as a benefit sometimes, it also proves to be quite the flaw.  While her struggle to keep a hold on her sanity is not constant, it does tend to crop up at the very worst of times.  She never knows when she might fail to keep her tenuous grasp on her rage, or her depression, and become lost to the vagaries of madness.  If she loses control in battle, she might harm a friend, or she might lose all will to fight and fall listless and prone, seemingly welcoming the enemies blows.

Paranoia:  Alice has mostly adjusted to no longer being in Wonderland, but she still has moments when she is nervous about eating or drinking something which may have unpleasant consequences.  She's also subject to anxiety attacks when in a crowded room, or open spaces, and she will flee to find a corner to hide in or a table to huddle underneath, away from the crowds.  This doesn't happen often, but it happens without much warning and there is little she can do to resist the attacks.

Grief:  Alice has lost everyone she ever loved.  The only companion who remains from her world is Cheshire, and he is little comfort.  Her parents died in a fire when she was seven and she lived in the asylum until being hauled back to Wonderland to battle the Red Queen and her minions.  And, just when she thought she could finally be happy with her friends...the Legion came and slaughtered everyone she knew and loved.  She struggles with the memories and the sorrow that lingers from her previous life, and can only hope that her friends will somehow return if she ever manages to reclaim her home from Pinky and the others.

BruceTheCat

Approved Biblio! Welcome to the game. Go ahead and move your character sheet over, and post whenever you can!
- scribus1000

CyrusTheRed

Oi I wanna play! I guess if another spot opens up let me know. If I play a male I'd like to pick J.C. Denton from Deus Ex, Lobo from DC comics (Injustice) or even Green Lantern Dr. Who for a fun mashup, and if a female spot opens up The Boss from MGS3 or Amaterasu from Okami.

Edit: Just realized Amaterasu might not be a great idea in retrospect. Will try harder, haha.
The blues is losing someone you love and not having enough money to immerse yourself in drink.

vin26m

Michelangelo

Current Occupation: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle (Vigilante)

Home World Information: He is from modern Earth.

Appearance/Style Description: He is an anthropomorphic turtle with features such as green skin and a hard shell.

Personality: Easy-going, free-spirited, enthusiastic, curious and playful, Michelangelo fights for justice, particularly on behalf of the defenseless.  While he may not have the tactical or technical talents of his brothers, he is always ready for a fight and he does come up with clever solutions to problems.  When someone isn't around to give him an order to follow, he sometimes lacks the discipline to stop himself from jumping into a situation without thinking.  Usually carefree, he empathizes deeply with others.

History: Michelangelo started out as one of four pet turtles of a human ninjitsu master.  During an altercation with aliens, the master and turtles were exposed to a mutagen that caused them to undergo major physical transformations, with the master becoming a humanoid rat and the pets becoming anthropomorphic turtles.  The master trained the turtles as his sons and imparted on them his knowledge of ninjitsu.

Current Situation: Michelangelo was playing video games.  He paused his game for a pizza break and stopped to visit Donatello's workshop.  Donatello was asleep after tinkering with some tech he found off some Kraang.  Michelangelo picked up the device out of curiosity.  It fired a beam at his video game system, and that's when all of the fighting characters started trying to take over the city.  The Turtles managed to beat back the likes of M. Bison and Shao Kahn, but the wave of metroids led to him being separated from his brothers, master and friends.  Although there may not be a connection between his action and the conquering of his world, Michelangelo blames himself and it determined to make things right for his dimension and that of everyone's.

Weapons:

Dual nunchuku: These can also turn into kusarigama, a long chain with a blade on one end and a weight on the other.

Shuriken: Throwing stars.

Turtle Line:  Grappling hook.

Smoke bombs:  Used for distractions or covering escapes.

Special Powers:

None

Strengths:

Ninjitsu: He is highly skilled in all aspects of the art, particularly stealth and acrobatics.

Martial arts: He is a master of many, both unarmed and armed, but particularly with nunchuku.

Superhuman physical ability: His agility, speed, strength, stamina and durability are enhanced beyond that of peak human performance.

Teamwork: While this usually applies to fighting alongside his brothers and master, he is highly skilled at setting up opponents for allies.

Weaknesses:

Lack of experience with firearms: If it has a trigger, he usually won't be willing or able to use it.

Easily distracted: Unless an enemy is in his face or a friend is telling him what to do, Michelangelo tends to lose focus on tasks.

Acts without thinking: Without guidance, Michelangelo will get into a situation without fully considering the consequences.

xPeachyPuff

I'm kinda interested, but still need to do some reading and have no idea who I'd pick to play. I'll try and catch up, but if somebody wants to play after I've posted this and I've yet to add a profile to your roster then please accept them by all means (:

Withdrawing my interest because I don't think I'll be able to keep up with the posting rate at the moment. Sorry for wasting your time xD Good luck though! This is a brill idea and the characters that you've already got look amazing (:

- Rainbow ♥

Rel Mayer

Quote from: CyrusTheRed on August 16, 2014, 05:53:01 AM
Oi I wanna play! I guess if another spot opens up let me know. If I play a male I'd like to pick J.C. Denton from Deus Ex, Lobo from DC comics (Injustice) or even Green Lantern Dr. Who for a fun mashup, and if a female spot opens up The Boss from MGS3 or Amaterasu from Okami.

Edit: Just realized Amaterasu might not be a great idea in retrospect. Will try harder, haha.

Another fighting game character would be badass.

But I think all the spots are taken. ;_; nuuuu

ShanaTheIV

Pardon if my character doesn't seem to have enough weaknesses. They made them out to be a little mary-sue-ish in  Hyperdimensional Neptunia, but I'm open for critique if there are any problems...   

Neptune/Purple Heart

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Current Occupation: Planetune Goddess Shareholder 

Home World Information: Gamindustri: Basically, a world base on the Gaming industry, hence the name. 

Appearance/Style Description: Although she is older than she looks and sounds, Neptune would appear to have a young-looking body with a seemingly flat chest, barely resembling a teenager. When transformed however, she would grow significantly, in more ways than one, giving her more adult-like and exotic attire.   

Personality: Her personality differs depending on what form she is in. In her human form (left), she is fun-loving, carefree, ditsy and sometimes lazy. She would often try to find the easiest situation with minimal amount of work when it comes to tough situations. She is quite comical and often breaks the 4th-wall. As Purple Heart (right), she is more serious and mature, often taking the role of a leader. She'll also be more inclined to working harder compared to her human form (but may still retain her airheaded personality to a lesser extent). In both forms however, she is caring towards her friends and allies and is willing to help those in need.   

History: Not much is known about Neptune's history, other than she was kick out of Celesta due to her laziness and that she'd lost  a terrible fight against the Legion, and has been banished to Earth.

Current Situation: As a Goddress CPU, Neptune relies on shares for her main source of power, with represents the influence of her nation, Planetune. The more shares she has, the more powerful she'll get. Shares depend on the belief people have in a CPU such as Neptune. However, her nation, Planetune is now being occupied by 'Beauty Queen' Etna (from Disgaea) and has taking most of her shares, absorbing them into power. Neptune had been demoted back down to level 1 and was sentenced to Earth. She now trains and grinds her way in hopes to gain a chance at taking back her nation, assuming her laziness does not get the better of her...     

Weapon: Plasma Sword, Plasma Gun

Special Powers: Neptune isn't all that powerful in her human form, but when she transforms, her strength and agility increases ten-fold and will gain cybernetic wings with grants her flight abilities (as well as a sexy body  :P). Basically think of a Super Sayjin or Kill la Kill. 

Strengths: Basic superhuman strength and agility (Purple Heart), leveling up

Weaknesses: It's possible to cancel her transformation when she loses too much energy or gets exhausted, via battle or otherwise. When that happens, she won't be able to transform again for a while. Also, she heavy relies on RPG stats and equipment so if she loses, it is likely that she is under-leveled, or under-geared.   

CyrusTheRed

JC Denton from Deus Ex (2000)

Current Occupation: Intelligence Broker – JC Denton has billions of eyes and ears and a talent for following the right people into the wrong places.

Home World Information: The home world of Deus Ex exist as one of the myriad of possible futures for Earth. In his world bio-modifications and nanotechnology make the man, not the other way around. Information means absolute power in these times, and who ever controls it can exist as a god in both the real and digital planes.

Appearance/Style Description: JC Denton's physical appearance can be described at terrifying or at the least intimidating. While he looks seemingly like a normal man, He stands nearly 7 feet tall, a consequence of the numerous physical augments layered within his body. His stance is clearly indicative of former military training, and his gruff exterior gives him a presence enough to disquiet even the most battle hardened warriors. He's easily distinguished by his trademark trench coat and blackout sunglasses which he wears especially at night, as well as an unmistakable blue pulsing glow upon his temples giving the impression that even his veins would bleed ice. Behind the glasses JC has vivid icy blue eyes as well that shimmer like cut diamond as a result of his nano-augmentations, the only outward clues of the advanced technology contained within his body.

Personality: Denton's personality sometimes comes off as 'cold' and seemingly a loner type. However he is equal parts perceptive and intelligent under his icy exterior, and views the individual liberty of all people as his foremost guiding principle. He carries no illusions as to what he is, a killer for the force of good- A brutal machine developed to make the world a better place by any means.

History: JC recognizes all too well the inherent chaos that will be brought on by the entitled villainy of those who deem themselves worthy to rule. His first clue to the presence of the Legion came to him during a prolonged investigation into the Illuminati cult in the year 2050, when they attempted to take control of Denton's reality by unleashing SHODAN (System Shock series) upon the world, however they failed to account for the desperate need for control the world's factions possessed. SHODAN was contained, captured and studied extensively by the inhabitants leading to the creation of two next generation AI's- the benevolent Daedalus AI and the malevolent Icarus AI. During the course of events occurring in Deus Ex, JC was left with little choice by the conspirators of his investigation, and was forced to merge with the AI HELIOS, an all powerful intelligence born from 50 years of industrial espionage through the forced merging of the Daedalus and Icarus AI's.  HELIOS took root within the advanced technology inside JC's body granting him access to the world's global communications and full control over all nanotechnology at thought.

The machine and the man were born again as a God in both the physical and digital realms and acted with one single goal- "to make the world a better place", the mission he'd been created to complete. The tech god began by disabling the entire planets active nuclear capabilities, while simultaneously launching the entire world's computer guided non nuclear arsenal, and act which left 40% of the planet a twisted husk. In a single day his strikes killed 4 billion people, nearly half the remaining human population. The god then went on to instill the first Single World Order under his direction. The remaining population were directed into cultivated safe zones for keeping, with the god distilling commandments to his soon to be perfect society.

Though they hated the god at first, in several generations they came to love and depend on him. The God seemed benevolent and through his direction solved all ancient conflicts. In time nearly all diseases were cured using Eugenics. Crime became non existent because everyone was provided for equally through their mutual labors. Education and free market trade became the economy of the people. Under laboratory sterile conditions the human body was fully mapped and world hunger was summarily ended. The people enjoyed boundless personal freedoms unexperienced by the fallen generations. Finally truly equal, humanity learned to cooperate. After a century the god saw all that he had made, and it was very good. and decided once again to access of the world's most dangerous military technology to make the final strike for humanity. He rearmed the long dormant weapons of mass destruction, and nukes took flight, however this time the attack was directed for the atmosphere which detonated in a world scowering electro magnetic blast. The God's last act in this world was to free humanity of their final boundary- God himself. The blast reduced the world back into a second great dark age resetting technology back 150 years, but guaranteeing humanity their second chance to become something greater than themselves.

However- the God did not truly die, as gods never do. His consciousness leaked through the dark cracks of the universe, neither dead nor alive. In truth it was a random accident that allowed the Protagonist faction to revive him in earnest. Under the direction of 'The Prince', The leader of Babylon- the resources of a thousand worlds began to be directed researching any advantages to be found to overcome the Legion. One of these experiments lead to the second birth, the chance revival of Nano-technology which served as a beacon for his wayward consciousness through the sands of time. The nano-technology assisted greatly in the development of cloning technologies for the Protagonist, physical shells that could be used in emergency medical procedures to save the would be heroes lives. And through the machinations of the Nanomachines- JC Denton was born again through the cloning process, the tiny machines rewriting every line of his DNA from scratch. Unknown to the reborn JC, he no longer seems to be capable of accessing global communications however he has proven to still have instantaneous control over forms of nano-technology- a skill which he uses with forceful results. Now JC Denton sets forth once again to complete his eternal mission- the only memory that he can seem to recall since being born again... "make the world a better place."

Current Situation: Denton returned with an unexplained sense of longing and regret which caused him to retreat into himself. The echos of his mind torture him with thoughts of what past lives may have done differently. However the new battle rages on, and JC knows that there is work to be done if all realities are to be improved, and the Legion's destruction would be a hell of a start.

Weapons: Denton is military trained in the use of most traditional types of firearms and explosives, but his true weapons are his skills with machines, computers and electronic systems to which he has virtually no peer.

Special Powers: Thanks to his innate mastery of nano-technology JC can interface with any computer or electric system with ease. He utilizes internal technological upgrades (Strength, Speed, Vision, Muscle Control), a replenishing cache of Nano-Machines at his whim which he uses to form defensive and offensive tools to assist in his task. His technological upgrades also provide him a terminator like endurance to damage, allowing him to continue operations even after sustaining critical wounds.

Strengths:
Espionage Specialist - Get in, get the information, get out. Information wins wars, but only if the enemy doesn't know you have it. To this end, JC is adept at sneaking, hacking, and opening locks.

Tactical Mastermind – Thanks to years of ingrained military and investigation experience, Denton can read battlefield conditions and quickly develop active strategies.

Nano-Machines (Drones) – At his beck and call are a numberless horde of self replicating Nano-bots that function in accessory to JC's will. The machines They are capable of working and traveling independently within the area immediately surrounding JC, however long range control proves difficult. It's impossible to say to what ends such a weapon may be utilized for, but most days Denton simply uses them to make a quick crowbar or lock pick to open a path.

Keen Investigator – JC has always been a difficult man to bluff, but his machines allow him to monitor and analyze a target in real time, tracking their eye movement, skin temperature, pulse, heart beat, blood pressure, respiration and body language simultaneously.

Weaknesses:
Virtuous - A wise sage once said "Compassion is the virtue of a great man...", words which Denton tries to live by. However in war, living by any code of honor can be a lethal compromise.

Just a Human -  Once in pursuit of a lead, JC bites down like a wild dog. He often drives himself abusively, ignoring the basic needs of his body- the flesh of a man attempting to keep pace with the unbending will of a machine.

Energy Dependent – All machines require power, and JC's require a never ending supply. He possesses several ways to extract this power through simple actions such as eating, draining other batteries, plugging into a direct electric circuit, ect. However these methods normally equate to minor recharges meaning he's constantly searching for his next jolt.

Nano-Machine Replication – Though the machines are able to replicate endlessly with but a thought from JC, finding the correct materials for their construction, and summoning a large number can be a difficult and time consuming affair.

-Spoiler Weakness-

(Edited some grammar errors and fleshed out Legion contact in history)
The blues is losing someone you love and not having enough money to immerse yourself in drink.

Rel Mayer

Green Goo Theory

I'd be drooling more over (Fem) Alex Denton.  But..uh...yeah. 
Coming soon...

BruceTheCat

Approved Cyrus.

Vin and Shana, can the two of you tell me a bit more about what your characters did during the invasion of your home world's? Who invaded, and what you have been doing since?
- scribus1000

ShanaTheIV

Updated. Hopefully, it's acceptable now. If not, I might just resign, or pick another character...  :-[

Swordsman18

I am going to make a sheet for my favorite climatic girl. I will give you a hint, the hardest mode of her game is Non-Stop Infinite Climax.

BruceTheCat

I would pick another character Shana if you would still like to play. I don't think your current one fits. Sorry!

I look forward to seeing her Sword.
- scribus1000

ShanaTheIV

I'll just let someone else play. Thanks for having me though.

BruceTheCat

- scribus1000

Green Goo Theory

Coming soon...

BruceTheCat

Either would be fine, though I'm leaning more towards a female right now.
- scribus1000

Swordsman18

Bayonetta is coming, just got caught up with a few things expect her in the morning!