A Ranma 1/2 RP [UN]

Started by Kai, July 13, 2008, 07:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathim

I'm pretty sure that Ranma knows better than to anger more than one fiancee at the same time, so he'll be a good boy if they get firm enough with him.

Okay, so are we able to come to an agreement on:

1. The competition takes place at the beach after an argument commences between Ukyo and Akane while the two of them are there with Ranma (like, Ranma and Akane are there with the family and Ukyo is there vending her Okonomiyaki or something.)

2. The competition is Ukyo's idea since Akane would never suggest such a thing, she might only let her jealousy of Ranma allow her to decide to participate, especially if it's just between her and one other fiancee.

3. The competition is held in a more secluded area of the beach courtesy of a distraction caused by Happosai and/or some sort of event that gets everyone else's attention.

That's pretty much all we need for the set-up. Other than that, Mad's idea can take place whenever, and that leaves things open for others who might want to join and jump in, possible as Shampoo or something.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

MadPanda

Let's see what Ucchan and Akane think of it first, though.

I'd still prefer to start out at the Tendo dojo, before getting to the beach, simply because that puts the OC in this from the outset, but if the others want to start at the beach I can work around it.  :)  Plus the OC might provide a shift--Akane might be the one to suggest the contest, for example.

Hmm.

Maybe Ucchan is at the beach to take advantage of the captive market, and Ranma and Akane came along to help her out, so the whole swimsuit competition thing is an after-work improv?
Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

Mathim

I had just developed the idea that maybe Ranma accidentally makes an awkward move at Akane, and Ukyo sees it and gets so angry and jealous that she closes up the shop just to get Ranma to fess up about his real feelings, and hence the contest suggestion.

I guess I don't mind it starting at the Tendo Dojo, but Ukyo will be all alone until they get there. Although if it allows the OC to make an appearance sooner, that might be preferable. I'm curious to see who the hype is all about.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

MadPanda

...unless Ukyo has already shown up to join Ranma and Akane for their trip to the beach.  If she has, then she's not left hanging waiting for the others.

If Ranma and Akane are going to help Ukyo at the beach, then they might logically meet her at Ucchan's instead, which would have a similar effect to starting at the dojo.  And might actually work better, now that I think of it.

In Memory of Bishrook

Mathim

Help her how? Akane can't cook and Ukyo just has that little portable one-person griddle...she's always been able to handle it on her own, right?

Maybe rather than starting at the Tendo Dojo, Akane and Ranma head to her restaurant to tell her that the Tendo family is going to the beach for whatever big event his happening there, like a concert or something, and that she can make a lot of money if she set up shop at the beach for the day. To me, that works better in logic. Since Ukyo is perfectly capable of handling things on her own, just having them deliver that information to her will be good enough to have her tagging along with them until they get to the beach.

MadPanda

Akane can carry supplies.  And she can wait 'tables' so to speak.  Plus if Ranma's helping out, she'd want to keep an eye on him.

But a simple meet to deliver the information works, too, and is equally reasonable.  Just as long as they're all in the same place for a few minutes...(rubs paws together and cackles evilly)

In Memory of Bishrook

Mathim

I guess Ranma can advertise, you know, be a girl and get guys' attention for the stand and Akane can...wash dishes?

MadPanda

Yep...but only if Ukyo needs the help, which might be up to her.  :)

The idea of the two going to tell Ukyo about the outing seems to be a good start, overall.  A few happy, peaceful moments before disaster strikes like a wee bunny rabbit out of nowhere...

In Memory of Bishrook

Mathim

Bunny rabbit...that gives me ideas. Ranma dressed up like one before, when he was competing with that cross-dresser Tsubasa Kurenai...I'm sure he can convince Ukyo to return the favor since he did it to save her from Tsubasa!

MadPanda

In Memory of Bishrook

Kai

I read it over and it seems good. Ranma and Akane go to inform Ukyo of the outing. That gives MP enough time to have his character come in.

Ranma and Akane can still help out Ukyo too, like was stated, Ranma would be the eye-candy and Akane can... help in some other way. XD Well, atleast, they could discuss it before MP's character interrupts things.

MadPanda

Tote supplies.  Wait tables.  Stop Ranma from slugging people.  No, wait, she might egg him on instead...

In Memory of Bishrook

Mathim

Hopefully Galatea will arrive in time to keep up our rhythm, since the three guys seem to be on at relatively similar times.

Kai

Mmhmm.. Well, since we have things figured out, I'm sure I can start things off... I'll just say Ukyo is at the restaraunt.

MadPanda

In Memory of Bishrook

Mathim

Who should go second, then? Me or Panda or Galatea? Maybe post a link here, too, for anyone else who might want to jump in later.

MadPanda

I'm going to at least give Ranma and Akane and Ukyo a moment or two before I Bring Down The Monkeywrench.  :)

In Memory of Bishrook

Mathim

Is that a set of song lyrics or something? The only monkey I know of is Cologne...the monkey-mummy. LOL. Just don't wait too long.

And I'll go second, then. I'll puppet Mr. Saotome, since their family is ALWAYS fighting. We don't really need to use the rest of the Tendo family, I don't think.

MadPanda

Er, no.  Adjustable spanner = monkeywrench = implement of sabotage  :)  And there's an escalation mechanic in another game called Bringing Down The Pain.  I was merely free associating a bit.  :D

In Memory of Bishrook

Kai

Alright, here it is: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19749.0

I apologize in advance if my Ukyo is a little off, I haven't read the manga in 2 years and I don't have the computer with all the episodes. And I can't really watch any Ranma right now anyway.

Sorry, wrong link. Fixed now

Mathim

Ukyo isn't in the anime much (or in the manga, really...or at least there's not enough of her for me! She's the best girl, she should be in there much more often!) so it's hard to really get a lock-on on her personality even if you read the series a lot like I do. She's kind of the mood-swingy type.

MadPanda

Not as much as Akane, anyway...  :)

In Memory of Bishrook

Mathim

No, Akane needs external stimuli to change her mood. Ukyo can get riled up over nothing.

MadPanda

I meant 'not in the anime or manga as much as Akane'.  But she's also quite capable of getting upset over 'nothing' as I recall.

In Memory of Bishrook

Mathim

I posted. You know, this reminds me of a joke on Futurama. I'd love it if Ranma pulled a Bender and told one or all of his fiancees, "You don't dress trampy enough!"