[Interest Check] Survival-Horror Game (likely to be extreme)

Started by TheHangedOne, December 06, 2013, 09:13:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lurking

I take that as a yes then? Woo.
I'll get working on my CS as soon as I get a chance. ^.^
On Hiatus

abandoneddolly

Chreestafer

Ill have a CS up tonight after work :)

And Dash what kind of car is it? 
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Dashenka

Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

Chreestafer

Bah! This is all the car anyone needs!

Ill introduce you to my baby :)

"my baby" 1973 trans am

“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Dashenka

As I said in the link... I do see the appeal of muscle cars but I wouldn't wanna own one :)

Anyways... allow me to be the first to drop my character sheet. (Sorry for the stereotypes, they are meant as a compliment)

Name: Amber Redford
Gender & Sexuality: Bisexual
Personality: I’m a social and friendly person, a good listener and always in for a laugh. Friends say I'm calm and sometimes a bit too careful or shy in conversations. To me it just matters who is around me. To friends I'll share everything and I can talk about everything, when I'm around strangers, I prefer to stay in the background. I'm not the average girly girl but more the tough chick like Lara Croft, except for the fighting skills and the boobs. I like being pampered in luxury but I enjoy being in the wild with only the bare necessities even more.

Brief History:  I’m Amber Redford, 23 years old and the daughter of George L. Redford III, governor of Texas. For years I’ve been in the shadow of my deeply republican parents who forbid everything that God had said. Funny how I grew to like all that which God had forbidden.

During my time in university, I wanted to stay in the campus dorms but my dad said no and bought me a nice condo downtown. The parties were wild and chicks were even wilder.

I failed my finals and ended up dating a girl and then another and another, etc, etc. Obviously when my parents found out, I had to leave my condo and was basically banished from their very existence. Recently I’ve started a job in a small roadside diner. It doesn’t pay much but I’m happy.

When I’m not at work I like to be around friends, party a lot and have a good time. I’m also a fanatic hiker/camper and I love going out with nothing but some basic gear and a tent and wander around the country alone or with my friends.

Special Skill: Mentally Prepared: The mind and its processes are critical to survival. The will to live in a life and death situation often separates those that live and those that do not. Stories of heroic feats of survival by regular people with little or no training, but a strong will to live, are not uncommon. You possess this power. You are also not prone to panic, and your mind is resilient against outside influences.

Equipment:

• Backpack
  • Tent
  • Sleeping bag
  • Toiletries
  • Camp Cooking gear

Extra pics

MusicNoteAngel

As beautiful as a musical melody...

TheHangedOne

Looks good, Dashenka.  First one with a sheet in, and first approved.  ;D
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Dashenka

Chreestafer

Ons and Offs
F-List

TheHangedOne

Was just re-reading stuff, Dashenka, and realized that something slipped my notice earlier. You picked only four items. Everybody gets the backpack, and five pieces in addition to that. Sorry, everyone, if I wasn't clear.
Check out my poet tree!

Dashenka

Chreestafer

Name: Kyler Bishop
Gender & Sexuality: Male, Bi Curious
Personality: A very quiet soul, but smart and nerd like, still athletic though.
Brief History: Born to a mother who is an airheaded nurse and father who is a drunken and abusive army general, Kyler found himself moving quiet often and learning to survive on his own.  At a young age, his father enrolled him as a boy scout, and when he turned 18 he held the title of Eagle Scout.  Over the years from cub scouts leading to his eagle scout status, Kyler had to hide or make excuses for the bruises that magically appeared on his body.  At first Kyler tried to stop his father and tell his mother, but she brushed it off as her son was being bad and soon the beatings got worse and worse yet she was never home to witness them.

The physical abuse of Kyler soon gave him a speech impediment after his father almost killed him one night.  Since that night Kyler's voice stutters so rarely anyone finds him talking. His father originally wanted him to enroll and serve under him in the army.  However, Kyler held his own dreams of a future, and his father was livid when he found out his only son would rather go straight to college then to serve.  Many an eventful fight, filled with black eyes and broken bones, led to Kyler moving out on his own to find an apartment. 

One of the only things that helped him cope with stress and relax for a while was his time in the wild.  The quiet and quant atmosphere one can find in the wood helped Kyler find inner peace.  These reasons lead to Kyler making friends through out college who held the same interest in camping and hiking in the wild.
Special Skill: Either Hunter or Navigator (leaning towards navigator)
Equipment:
~Backpack~
  • Fire-maker: This can  be a lighter, magnesium stick and striker, flint and steel, waterproof matches; pretty much, whatever you want. Make a note of what it is.
    -Zippo Lighter / Extra can of lighter fluid
  • Camp tools: Small handsaw, small hammer, scissors, and Swiss army knife, all in a little kit that can be carried by hand or stowed in a backpack.

• Water Filtration System: Some people will bring along bottled water; others may wish to find some clean water sources (but boil it first). But, for those who don't have the time to boil water, and don't have bottled, they will need to rely on  something such as a Lifestraw, or other system for purifying water.

• First Aid Kit: A 45 piece first aid kit.

• Flashlight: Standard hand-held flashlight with batteries.
Additional Photos

Ons and Offs
F-List

TheHangedOne

Looks good, Chrees. Let me know when you decide on a skill.
Check out my poet tree!

Chreestafer

I believe im going to choose navigator in this one, Kyler seems the more solemn type versus the fighter, not that he couldn't hold his own in a fight.  He just doesn't fit the "warrior" classifications if you know what I mean. 

and im also going to open it up does anyone wish to have past relations with Ky? be it when they were kids, Be it best friend, Be is sexually.  Just let me know and we can work on ideas :)
Ons and Offs
F-List

Sharon

Dashenka

We only have two characters confirmed so far so I'd say go for it and create a sheet :)

Sharon

Name: Cat Mary Jones
Gender & Sexuality:Female Bisexual
Personality:Cat is a real go getter in life as she always learn that she could over work herself as she enjoy the simpler things of life. She opened minded person and very out spoken most. She will let everyone if she has a bad feeling about something.

Brief History:Cat was always being drag out to family camping trip as she was rise by her grandparents. Her grandpa thought she would need to know basic of survival. Though he only wish he could show her everything that she would need to know as he past on the known how to know what she could eat on a daily basic from the land. Of course he show her how to fish but she never liked waiting for fishing she wanted something that would be a little more moving. Which made her enjoy learning about pants and such.

At a young age she wanted to be a herbalist when she grow up. Once she was out of high school she went straight into college to know her dream of being and Herbalist though with some ups and down of life and the death of the only family she knew making her take a short brake from school. In the memories of her grandparents she was going to go camping. As she ran off to go camping she forgot a few things that she would normal would bring along with her on trips like this such things like cloths and toiletries and even the box of food she had packed the night before all of that was sitting next to her apartment door calling her name, "Cat you forgot us!"

The one thing she did as an honor her grandfather's memories was "if you forget it you didn't need it so you can deal without it." and this was what she was sitting to as she got there looking over such things and realized that she forgot her tent and even sleeping bag.

Special Skill:Forager: Perhaps you've read the books dozens of times, or were an avid camper, or even a survivalist of some sort. Regardless, you intuitively and thoroughly know what berries are edible, and which will make you ill, what mushrooms can be consumed safely, and which are poisonous, and other such things. You don't need guides to forage safely. Furthermore, you will always be successful at foraging attempts, as you also know where forage-able foods grow readily.

Equipment:
    Starter list:
    • Water Filtration System: Some people will bring along bottled water; others may wish to find some clean water sources (but boil it first). But, for those who don't have the time to boil water, and don't have bottled, they will need to rely on something such as a Lifestraw, or other system for purifying water. Drinking water straight, even from natural springs, is a good way to get sick.
    • Camp tools: Small handsaw, small hammer, scissors, and Swiss army knife, all in a little kit that can be carried by hand or stowed in a backpack.
    • Camp Cooking Gear: A small, single burner, fueled by butane. Comes with a full, small canister of butane, plus, a small pot and pan, aluminum field bowl, plate, and cutlery; all the tools needed to make and enjoy a meal.
    • Fire-maker: This can  be a lighter, magnesium stick and striker, flint and steel, waterproof matches; pretty much, whatever you want. Make a note of what it is.  (Thinking on this I have a few questions on this.)
    • First Aid Kit: A 45 piece first aid kit.
    more picture

My question on Fire starter can we have two things that is fire starter? [/list]

Dashenka

Oe I like her :D

You know how to create some space between the picture and the text?

After you had 'height=xxx' you put 'paddin=5' Or 10 or 15 or how ever much you want. So it should look like this [ /url=blabla img height=500 padding=10]

Sharon

I am glade you like her but I like how I have it set up...

Dashenka

Okay good :)

Some people didn't know that it was possible (myself included :D)

Sharon

TheHangedOne

That makes sense, Chrees. And yeah, I know exactly what you mean. 

Like Dashenka said, there are only the two approved so far. I'll be holding out for five approved characters, six at the absolute most.

Besides a few omitted words and typos, the sheet is pretty solid, Sharon. Approved.

As to your question, yes, you can have two fire starters, or something that goes along with your choice (like how Chrees' character has both a zippo, and an extra can of fluid for it).
    Check out my poet tree!

Sharon

I can take the bio and stuff through the Office words and fixes it. I was running short on time so I just throw it together. I will add the souse of fire she will have.

Kerri

Name:Lanie McClure

Gender & Sexuality:Bisexual

Personality:Lanie isn't one to talk much. She's shy but in small groups has a tendency to loosen up quite a bit. The only time she really tends to speak up is when she sees someone who is being treated wrong. Willing to put others before herself, whether they are strangers, foe, or friend. She is a very loyal friend. She doesn't like injustice or back stabbing people. She doesn't humor gossipers nor will she talk poorly about someone behind their backs. She's a nonjudgmental person, believing "Live and let live" as long as no one is being harmed in the process.

Brief History:Lanie grew up in a family of five, the middle child of middle class parents. They worked hard for everything they had and she had learned quickly the value of money, and what was truly important in life. She was 10 when her younger sister, Sarah, was born, and Lanie quickly took over the role of second mother to her. Her older brother, by 2 years, didn't want much to do with either her or the baby at that point in his life, finding friends more important than family.

Necessity found her becoming a babysitter for the little girl when she wasn't in school, more often than not. Lanie didn't mind it though. It wasn't until Sarah turned two that things became difficult. Sarah was developing slowly and after a series of tests the doctors confirmed that she had cerebral palsy. It made caring for her more difficult, but Lanie took to it as well as any 12 year old girl could.

Lanie took all the first aid classes that she could, in the little bit of free time she had. She wanted her mother and father to be able to trust that she could take care of Sarah, and she needed the knowledge to feel safe in caring for her as well.

Lanie was an easy-going child, always willing to help. The only time she ever really got in trouble was when it came to protecting Sarah. She wouldn't hesitate to say something in response to rude comments from people about her sister. Literally having gotten into fist fights over it more than once when she heard comments from people her own age about her "retarded" sister.

Although Lanie was more than smart enough to get into a college of her choosing, she chose not to go, instead staying at home and helping her parents out. She got a job after graduating as a teacher's aide for a special needs class, in the very school her sister attended, although not in her sister's classroom. She was happy with her life, but often times found herself thinking of going back to school to become a teacher, wanting to lead the very classroom she was helping instead of just assisting.

The camping trip was unusual for her, but she was trying to find a way to get her classroom out of the school and into a more natural setting. Feeling that a fieldtrip at the beginning of the year would help the students and teachers bond. The teacher was willing to humor her idea, but she had to come up with a fully laid out plan before it could be presented to the principal of the school for approval.

Special Skill:First Aid

Equipment:
    • Fire-maker = self igniting butane micro-torch
    • Water filtration system
    • Camp tools
    • Camp cooking gear
    • Food

(I'm not sure if you're still accepting characters and if not I understand. I just thought I would place my character sheet here and hope for approval. I must warn you though, I am relatively new to group games so I might need some guidance, if this is a problem just let me know and I'll either delete my character sheet or change whatever it needs)

A/a’s updated 10/2/16
    All images in signature created by the truly talented and sweet Amelita