The Social Experiment [Interest Check]

Started by rachelongaku, April 18, 2012, 06:12:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rachelongaku

It's a social experiment. For one year six males and six females have volunteered to spend their lives in one house. They have been chosen on random and offered a pay off of one million dollars in exchange for participating in this experiment.

About The House

The House has four floors and a basement.

Basement:
2 Movie Theaters
1 Basketball Court
1 Gym
1 Special Room

First Floor:
2 Living Rooms
1 Kitchen
1 Dining Room
1 Music Room
1 Ballroom
3 Bathrooms

Second Floor:
4 Bedrooms
5 Bathrooms
1 Special Room

Third Floor:
4 Bedrooms
5 Bathrooms
1 Library

Fourth Floor:
4 Bedrooms
5 Bathrooms
1 Special Room

Outside:
Courtyard
Pool
Tennis Court
Running Track

The house is equipped with the newest technology. Everything is the best. And nothing is too expensive. All a resident of the house hold has to do is write down what they want and it will be there the next day.

Special Rooms[/color]

The experiement isn't just social. It's sexual. The special rooms are filled with sexual devices of every kind. From simple handcuffs and blindfolds, to more extreme devices.

The Residents:

Roles Left:
5 Girls and 6 Boys

The Girls:

Name: Serena Lynn Laurn
Sexuality: Bi-Curious
Looks: Five Ft Five In. Long Straight Blonde Hair. Pale Skin. Curvy Body. Green Eyes.
Personality: Serena is kind, loving, and caring. She has trouble saying no when someone needs her.
Bio: TBA

The Boys:

Fill Out and Post Here:

Name:
Looks: (picture or words)
Personality:
Bio:
Haven't been here in years but I'm in need of a good distraction!

Haibane

Name: Maria van Zandt
Nationality: Dutch
Sexuality: Straight
Looks: https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/b/b0/MariaVanZandt02.jpg

https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/1/1c/MariaVanZandt05.jpg

Stats: 34C-23-35, 5 feet 4 inches, 128 lbs
Personality: Maria is outgoing and friendly, happy to chat and joke with anyone and equally comfortable on her own, among girlfriends or relaxing with guys. Maria has had a number of serious boyfriends in her life so far but has broken off several relationships as the guys got too posessive and began hinting at the 'M' word. Maria wants the freedom to enjoy her life for a few years yet before she settles down, hence her original application for this social experiment. Among her hobbies Maria likes to cook.
Bio: Maria was born to a successful middle class family into a comfortable world. Her father was a general practitioner of medicine and her mother a traditional housewife but with a busy social life involved in many local woman's and community groups. Maria attended good schools in Delft, where she was born, then went on to study art at the Grotius College Delft. She took her degree in Paris at Les École Nationale Supérieure des Beaux-Arts on the Rue Bonaparte on the famous left bank. Maria is a realism painter and has already had several works exhibited in Paris, Rome and London.

rachelongaku

Accepted! Now we need 4 girls and 6 guys.

MagicalPen

Name: Connor O'Fearghail

Nationality: Irish

Looks: http://www.afterelton.com/sites/www.afterelton.com/files/2012/01/pitttattoo2.jpg

Personality: Connor doesn't back down from anyone and is very outgoing and friendly. Not always looking for a fight, he does know how to enjoy himself.

Bio: Connor is your typical Irishman - charming, attractive, able to hold his drink, and always looking for a fight. Since the age of 14 he has been training and fighting in the circuits as a Bare Knuckles Boxer. He has fists of steel and a hardened body and jaw. He knows he can take on anyone in a fist fight and has become some what fearless due to this. The money isn't great - not like in professional (gloved) boxing - but its enough to get by but he could not pass up on the money offered to live in this house with other strangers. It'll also help him wind down from always being hyped up from boxing though he does plan to keep training while on the show.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

rachelongaku

Accepted. Now we need 4 girls and 5 guys.

tesseractive

This reminded me of a reality show, and you always need someone to cause trouble to really make a reality show go, so I thought it would be fun to add an instigator to the mix. I hope this works for you. :-)

Name: Sharon Marks
Sexuality: Pansexual
Looks:  5'9", somewhat thin but still curvy body, California tan, straight red hair down past her waist, D cup breasts that are improbably large for her frame, bright blue eyes, bee-stung lips.

Personality: Sharon likes to get into trouble. She'll sleep with other women's men -- and other men's women, for that matter. She can be a huge bitch to someone she doesn't like in private, then profess complete innocence with a straight face to a third party. She loves showing off her body, and loves to tease others mercilessly with it. She might sleep with you one day, then not give you the time of day the next day, just to mess with you. She tends to control any relationship she's in, but perhaps she just hasn't found a confident enough man (woman?) To keep her reined in.
Bio: Her father is managing partner of a large law firm in southern California, and her mother is a full-time socialite. Sharon grew up emotionally neglected but spoiled, and started partying pretty heavily when she was 14 -- there was a nice legal settlement to dispose of some pictures of her in bed with a major action movie star well before she had reached the age of consent. She never went to college or got a job, and her parents recently finally cut her off in despair of her antics. So the opportunity to have whatever she wants for a year and have a shot at a million dollars sounds pretty appealing.

Edit: added picture.
~ Tessa ~

We are never not what we are, but we are never not becoming what we will be.

rachelongaku

Yay! Accepted!

We need 3 girls and 5 guys.

Sarah Morgan

Name: Haylie Parker
Sexuality: Straight.
Looks:
Haylie Parker

Personality: Haylie can come across as shy at first to strangers, but she's friendly and talks easily once one gets to know her.  She's not selfish or vindictive, and will be loyal to anyone she considers to be a friend.
Bio: Haylie grew up in a middle-class neighborhood in Southern California, having enough to live on and be comfortable.  Her father taught English literature at the college level, and her mother was a stay-at-home mom, although Haylie could have gotten away with just asking for the things she wanted, once she was old enough, she got herself a job working at one of the local restaurants, so she could buy her own things.  Her dad made enough to support them, but he taught at their local two-year college, and the pay wasn't a lot better than what one got for teaching high school.

Haylie got good marks all through school, but was either too busy studying or working to go out on many dates, and as a result she's not had much experience with guys, and is still a virgin, though she doesn't go telling everyone about it.  She just hasn't had a lot of time to concentrate on dating, but thinks she'll have a chance in the experiment, and have a break from school besides.  After she graduated high school, she went to the two-year school for a year, but she's still not sure what she wants to do yet as a career, and she thinks this experiment might give her a chance to have a bit of fun for a while before she has to get serious, and the money wouldn't be too bad either.

OOC:  Hopefully this picture matches her age.  I'm visually impaired myself, so I can't look for new ones, so I tend to use this one that someone found for me when I was in another group game, and just cycle it for games that use pictures.  At first I thought of just describing someone and having someone look for a picture to match, but I see everyone else has pictures chosen already, so I'm hoping this one will work.  Also, I thought Haylie's character and personality might serve as a good opposite to Sharon, especially if the two of them have to be in the same house for a year. 

Haibane

I was wondering if people would mind adding a photo for their character. I struggle to relate to any character without one and would tend to avoid RPing with you unfortunately.

Pretty please?

Quote from: rachelongaku on April 18, 2012, 06:12:01 PMEverything is the best. And nothing is too expensive. All a resident of the house hold has to do is write down what they want and it will be there the next day.
I only just thought of this now... but does this include drugs?

Maybe we could use a plan of the house and grounds too, and some pictures.

tesseractive

Quote from: Haibane on April 20, 2012, 06:52:04 AM
I was wondering if people would mind adding a photo for their character. I struggle to relate to any character without one and would tend to avoid RPing with you unfortunately.

Pretty please?
Done. I'm not great at finding pictures, but hopefully the one I found works okay.
~ Tessa ~

Haibane

rachelongaku

Sure it can Include drugs.

And I'll get some pictures up. I just wanted to make sure there was interest.

2 girls 5 guys left.

MagicalPen

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Haibane

I asked because drugs are an off for me unless its a fantasy style setting (such as some sort of aphrodisiac drug). Needles and snorting... would see me exit the game fast. Sorry, but I find the whole subject a complete downer.

tesseractive

So do the characters know who set this up and why? Are there cameras everywhere? Are there boundaries on what they can request?

Being who she is, I figure Sharon would be the kind of person to put on a show for any cameras just to tease whoever's watching them. And if no predetermined bounds were set, I imagine she would request things like "20 bottles of Dom Perignon, 20 different vintages" or "the entire Versace spring ready-to-wear collection, recut and restitched to fit my dimensions as follows..."  -- partially because they'd be fun to have and partially because she would just want to see whether they would do it.

As with the pictures, you don't have to have answers to everything right away, but I just wanted to make sure that you think about these things as you get the game ready to go. Thanks! :-)

P.S. although Sharon might seem the type, I don't have any desire to have drugs in the game, so if we want to make that a boundary, it's great with me.
~ Tessa ~

Sarah Morgan

I personally wouldn't want drugs in the game either, simply because there's a history of them in my family in real life, and it would make me uncomfortable if characters had to use them.  But if others want them, and it's strictly a choice thing, I just wouldn't have my character use them, and probably not have her interact with someone who was. 

Tamhansen

Well this does sound like an interesting game, so here is my character application.

Name: Nicholas Armstrong
Sexuality: Straight, although this being an experiment, he might try things involving other men
Looks:
Personality: Nick is somewhat shy, more at ease with computers than with actual humans, he is kind and caring, though often unable to express himself.
Bio: Nicholas comes from a humble background. His father a factory worker at GM, and his mother an administrative clerk Being an only child, and thus often finding himself alone, he found comfort with his old computer, often spending hours getting to know every bit of it. Nicholas suffers from PDD-NOS and as such often found himself to be shunned by his peers. His higher than average intelligence, and single mindedness got him through high school at the age of 16. In that same year, he got flagged by the FBI after hacking secure servers of VISA, JPMorgan-Chase and Citibank. After establishing Nicholas' attacks had caused no damage, he was released. He was approached by Morgan-Chase and offered a full scholarship to Columbia university's school for engineering and applied sciences. Attaining his bachelors degree in computer science at age 19 he has worked at the bank for four years now.
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

Xerial

Name: Luka Konstantinov

Personality: Luka has a very relaxed, and calm personality which borders on being zen. He is quick with a smile and a witticism, often of the self deprecating nature, but he is not without his darker moods as well. His zen outlook has often seen him labeled as the 'old man' of a group, despite still possessing a youthful energy.
Bio: While many would expect a man with such an obviously Russian name to have an accent to match, they will find themselves surprised to find that Luka instead has more of a Manhattan bent to his voice. He is a New York City native, though he has traveled the world over during his years. The son of a career diplomat and a dancer, Luka has logged more frequent flyer miles than many life long businessmen. His facility for languages has served him during time spent on every continent - including a stay as a cook at a research station in Antarctica - though his travel arrangements have not always been comfortable.

Luka has worn many hats during his travels, serving a time as a merchant marine, as a steward for an African airline, a courier, and as an aide worker for a time, but his first and lasting love has been photography. He did a stint as a wartime correspondent for a major network in Iraq, but found the work to be too sanitized, so he went freelance. Luka has been branded a political agitator in several third world countries, and has served time as a guest in the prisons of a few foreign governments. He has always managed to regain his freedom, mainly because of the fact there has never been solid evidence of him doing anything other than participating in protest actions, though his family's connections did not hurt either.

rachelongaku

2 girls and 3 guys left.

I'm working on floor plans and pictures. The drug issue is up in the air. I'm leaving it up to the characters.

Xerial

I believe the 'old man' has had his drug use days, and left them long behind.

Bloody Rose

Name:Lizbeth Millan 'Liz'
Sexuality: Bisexual
Looks:
Personality: If you search for a definition of a wild child in the dictionary most likely a photo of Liz will show. She just loves to have fun weather that includes sex or whatever she could think of for having fun. She is the type of girl that will try anything once to see if she likes it. She does have a serious side however almost never shows up. She is the type of girl you don't want to bring to your parents. She is not afraid of punching a girl if she is getting the man she wants.
Bio: She was born in England, ever since she was little she was a rascal of a child loving to just play pranks on people. Her parents often went to spankings in order to try and calm her down thing that made her even more wild. She started studies on game design and knew from the start she had to have a lot of money. When she finally saw the add for the competition she jumped right in knowing she would take the money as easy as pie not really knowing what was in her future made things much more interesting for her.

whtbitch4u2own

Name: Tashia Newcomb
Nationality: Italian
Looks:

Personality: Tashia is a type of person who is very easy to talk to and most laid back person you can ever meet. She’s changed over the years adapting to situations she had faced growing up. She used to get tensed over minor things but over the years, she learned from her experiences that one shouldn’t worry too much but let things take its course as they will eventually fall in place the way it’s supposed to be.

Bio: Tashia belonged to a middle class family and being youngest of her siblings, she always had to struggle to get what she wanted since her brothers were provided with all the comfort and care. She learned to support her own self and paid for her college all by herself, without her parents help since she didn’t want to burden them. She recently graduated from a business school and wants to continue her studies in Masters Program but the tuition is just too much. She had tried doing smaller jobs such as working in a mall, in office as a secretary, and even a modeling shoot but they all weren’t paying enough to get her through her Masters. That’s when she came across the competition advertisement and decided to put in her application thinking it will be a good one year break from studies while earning some money; all the while, it will provide a good challenge to her if she will be able to cope with such social experiment knowing her communication has improved over the years as she was the president of the social club in her senior year of college. She has had relationships in past but busy working; she didn’t find much time and so the reason for her breakups. She loves being challenged and always up to try new things since she believes you can do anything if you set your mind to it!
~White~
Offsite Contact info:
Gmail: jenwishuknew
Discord: jenwishuknew#6959

rachelongaku

Wyatt

Name:  Ayden Stiles

Nationality:  American

Sexuality: Straight, but socially comfortable with persons of all sexualities.

Looks: Just a shade under 6'0'' tall, 184 lbs, grey eyes, dirty blonde hair, athletic build.

Personality: Ayden is a life long athlete and can be both a team player and extremely competitive, switching back and forth between the two and enjoys the thrill of competition as much or more than actually winning.  Or maybe he simply defines winning in a different way than others do.  A bit quirky and romantic for a jock type, Ayden is a movie buff, has a major comic book addiction and is an avid reader of both cheesy detective novels and true crime books.  Loves to listen to music, pretty much all genres from Country to Heavy Metal, even Classical, though he always prefers something with a strong beat to it.

A psych major in college, he tends to analyze every situation, overanalyze some might say, but quietly, keeping his counsel on things to himself for the most part.  Can play peacemaker at times, using a sharp sense of humor to defuse situations before they get out of hand, but also has a darker side, one that is rarely seen in the public eye.  An odd mix of a very physical person who values the power of the mind over that of the body, or maybe that really isn't that odd at all.

Bio:  A three-sport (football, wrestling and track) star in a small Indiana High School, Ayden moved on to play football only in college, Division Three, nothing approaching the high end of college athletics.  Always a freak about staying fit, he has had two serious knee injuries and rehabbed like a maniac after each one.  In college he majored in Psychology and minored in Sociology, essentially learning how to study people in groups and as individuals. 

He has taken the last two years to get some real world work experience, not the most profitable move in this economy, and intends to head to graduate school to secure his Doctoral degree in psychology.  Sees his participation in the "Social Experiment" as the possible subject matter for his future thesis and wants to see exactly what this year teaches him about human behavior and about himself.  He likes to watch people, with some saying his tendency to do that so intensely renders him a voyeur at times.  It is a point Ayden likely wouldn't argue with.
"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.”
Ons, Offs and Stuff   
Story Ideas
Apologies and Absences

Haibane

Quote from: rachelongaku on April 21, 2012, 08:40:54 PM
The drug issue is up in the air. I'm leaving it up to the characters.
Well, with 2 players specifically saying they don't want them, I think that's a little unfair.

And can the house occupants be given anything they ask for? What about weapons?

I'm just a bit concerned how dark this might go.