New World Of Darkness Combined: THE ACCORD (Intrest Check)

Started by Spero, January 21, 2015, 08:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lockepick

Not sure how familiar you are with E's Dicebot, but I actually think the draw system is more complicated. You can set target numbers in the Dicebot -- the only weakness is the lack of 10-Again, but that's an issue even with the Draw system.

If you turned '10-Again' into the old school '10 = 2 successes', you could actually just make the Dicebot do all your math for you. Set the first Target Number as 8, the Second Target Number as 10 -- and it would just tell you successes no matter how many dice you roll without having to evaluate the dice rolled or rolling a second time. Not sure how I feel about it, but it is an elegant fix.

Again, just trying to be helpful! Apologies if I'm beating a dead horse...
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Angie

Quote from: lockepick on January 23, 2015, 10:11:56 AM
Not sure how familiar you are with E's Dicebot, but I actually think the draw system is more complicated. You can set target numbers in the Dicebot -- the only weakness is the lack of 10-Again, but that's an issue even with the Draw system.

If you turned '10-Again' into the old school '10 = 2 successes', you could actually just make the Dicebot do all your math for you. Set the first Target Number as 8, the Second Target Number as 10 -- and it would just tell you successes no matter how many dice you roll without having to evaluate the dice rolled or rolling a second time. Not sure how I feel about it, but it is an elegant fix.

You can do 10 again in the Dicebot. It's called the "Extra" option in the Dicebot. Set "Extra" to 10 and Target Number 1 to 8 and you're good.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Letrixia

http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiStart

This is a nice site where you can make WoD Character sheets and they look very well organized. I was wondering if I should use that for my character sheet, here is an example of how a character sheet would look like.

http://sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/38572

Spero

Quote from: lockepick on January 23, 2015, 10:11:56 AM

I'm using the pull system please drop it.
RP Status: Seeking New Roleplays // Muse Status: Active and Around // Mood Status: Hopeful
CRAVING!: Dark Fantasy & Warhammer 40k Roleplay! Please PM if you want to RP~

Spero

Quote from: Letrixia on January 23, 2015, 11:49:01 AM
http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiStart

This is a nice site where you can make WoD Character sheets and they look very well organized. I was wondering if I should use that for my character sheet, here is an example of how a character sheet would look like.

http://sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/38572

Those sheets look amazing! Thank you, I will be linking it to the character area :)
RP Status: Seeking New Roleplays // Muse Status: Active and Around // Mood Status: Hopeful

Lockepick

Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 22, 2015, 11:53:24 AM
If so, that is definitely something you'd want to add to the opening post - a lot of the Useful Notes documents are club-specific stuff, so it'll help the people who aren't familiar with it to know which ones they can ignore entirely (like the CCD, the NSS, the Research system, the mailing list stuff...) and which ones they'll care about (metaplot timeline, Mutations, popular template starting information).

Repeating these questions, because you only answered the first one. The Quartermaster Guide? The Research Guide? The metaplot timeline? Do we know/need to worry about Mutations? Are you applying anything from the MES Accord Addendum? Should we care about the canon Divisions that the live club has created? Is the sanctioned list of Mage Rotes relevant to Mage players? Is the document about popular templates and what they know accurate?

This is a cool idea - as mentioned in SB, I love Accord. But everything about it is written specifically for the Live-action environment, including a lot of the Useful Notes documents and other stuff on the website. Can you please clarify for all of us what stuff is actually important for us as non-club PbP players for the setting/your version of the setting?

Spero

The Quartermaster Guide? I believe this would be up to the person wanting to be Quatermaster.

The Research Guide? No, or at less not for now.

The metaplot timeline? No

Do we know/need to worry about Mutations? Yes

Are you applying anything from the MES Accord Addendum? Yes

Should we care about the canon Divisions that the live club has created? No

Is the sanctioned list of Mage Rotes relevant to Mage players? Yes

Is the document about popular templates and what they know accurate? Yes

TheGlyphstone

Okay, so what parts of their addendum(s) are you using?

Letrixia

Spero

Make sure to look over the updated part of the character section, list of addendum and other documents.

Spero

Letrixia

is it alright if he is not aligned yet? like he is just a wanderer?

Spero

Quote from: Letrixia on January 23, 2015, 09:19:35 PM
is it alright if he is not aligned yet? like he is just a wanderer?

That's more fun for me....I mean fine with me  ;D

Letrixia

How about weapons, can I have whatever weapons I choose?

Letrixia

Name: Marcus Reigns
Character Sheet: http://sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/38583
Bio: Marcus is a wanderer that travels from place to place with his Geist trying his best to please him and get to know his new friend. He almost never stays in one place for too long and has learned a lot when to fight and when to just run away.

====

Can I spend the 100 xp?

Spero

Letrixia

Spero

Quote from: Letrixia on January 23, 2015, 09:53:02 PM
Ok bought Katars can I spend the 100 Xp freeb?

Did you spend the 100 XP that you start with?

Letrixia

eternaldarkness

Oh man, I nearly jumped out of my chair when i saw this one and began reading this. I have an idea for a mage, but have never so much as touched the LARP stuff for NWoD and the draw system looks needlessly complicated, so i'll try to grok it once more and if it doesn't stick then i shall trouble you no further.

Spero

Letrixia

Morganatic

Hi Eri (and others)!

I've just come back to Elliquiy after a long-extended absence, and I saw this thread. It looks incredibly fun, and I'd love to submit a character - I'm thinking a Mage, most likely, possibly with a 'team mom/therapist/counsellor' spin (i.e. a ritualist, most likely). Are you still taking submissions (I understand if you aren't, you've already got a good few players)? I'll have a read through the adjusted MES style rules - quite a few changes for the Awakened, but I think I can handle 'em - and will post a more extended sheet etc. if you're willing to have me aboard. :)

Zeth

Quote from: lockepick on January 23, 2015, 09:13:46 AM
Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear --

The concept of the Draw system was only because rolling dice isn't conducive to a LARP; it was the means to an end. It breaks the moment to find a flat surface and roll dice and squint over them, since that flat surface is most likely waist height.

So my question is: Is there any reason you're not just using everything identical to the Mind's Eyes Rules -- except allow for rolling dice since we don't have that positioning issue? This isn't supposed to be a criticism or anything -- it's an honest suggestion! I think the setting is a neat idea, and I admit, I haven't read all the linked supplements, so I don't know how much content there is linked to the Mind's Eyes Rules -- but how much would you lose taking the setting/concepts, but using the regular tabletop rules?

I was going to post my opinions on the Draw system, and why I think it's poorly designed -- but I didn't think this was the place for it. It's not my intent to create any disinterest in the game, or create a opinionated argument that is off the topic of your post!

Well one problem with the tabletop rules is every Splat has like 4 books or so. So to run a crossover game the Story Teller needs a big honking library. The Accord seems to be in one tidy package for the most part.

I am putting forth my interest in this game.