News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

Quote from: Wolfy on August 08, 2011, 09:57:10 AM
Plus..when are you playing where you don't have an internet connection anyway? A gaming Laptop? Lawls.

There are still people out there who only have limited Internet access, Wolfy.  Whether it's by hours or by signal.  There are also people out there who don't have to debate whether or not to shell out $100+ on a collectors edition of a game because that $100 is already earmarked for things like food and keeping a roof over their heads.  Count your blessings rather than 'lawling'.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Wyrd

Ragtime Dandies!

Inkidu

Quote from: Oniya on August 08, 2011, 11:52:01 AM
There are still people out there who only have limited Internet access, Wolfy.  Whether it's by hours or by signal.
This plus whatever infinity times infinity to the power of infinity is.

If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Harley

I'm officially bored.   Been bored since last night.   

I need a new game to play.

I've played Rift, Everquest II, Everquest (that was MANY years ago), minecraft...  I have Thief III on steam, but I can't play any fan missions because of a bug related to Steam.   

I think I'd like to play a new MMORPG.   I'm not sure what great ones are out there and I'd like to try a free trial of one perhaps before I decide to buy anything.

Help, please..?

Steamy Royal

I've found that a lot of MMORPG's are the same over and over again, just in different settings, I'm getting bored of it. Though if I should suggest one, I would say, Angel Online, I think that's what it's called, cute and fun really ^^, I'm just too lazy to put time into a game like that, so I stick to my PS3 >.>

Harley

Quote from: Valchyrie on August 09, 2011, 08:13:48 AM
I've found that a lot of MMORPG's are the same over and over again, just in different settings, I'm getting bored of it. Though if I should suggest one, I would say, Angel Online, I think that's what it's called, cute and fun really ^^, I'm just too lazy to put time into a game like that, so I stick to my PS3 >.>

Yeah, they are kinda the same.   I wish there was a new Thief game out, that was my favorite thing to play.

Angel online doesn't really look that appealing to me, no offense.   It looks too cute and 2-d. 

Steamy Royal

Well, I don't know if you only play console games, but there's some awesome games coming out, for the PS3 anyway, next month that's worth looking into. If not, save up for Dead Island, looks pretty amazing, and that should come out on the PC too ^^.

Yeah it is a rather cute game, it's just a little different with how it looks and is build up and such, so was just a suggestion. Thief was a good game, I had it on the first Xbox, though it was freaking hard really, I was so confused that I gave up playing it at some point. Then one day, I started over again, and I finally figured it out xD. Splinter Cell was the game I used most time on though, at that time, was an awesome game ^^.

Harley

Yeah, unfortunately I don't have a PS3 or an Xbox or anything like that...

So I have to stick to just computer games.

Steamy Royal

Hmm okay, well, Dead Island, if you like zombie games, looks pretty awesome, it's worth checking out at least. Besides of that, I don't really know what games would be good, it's hard to find good games now a days, that's worth buying, at least that's my opinion ><.

Harley

Dead Island does look quite interesting...  I don't know if I can survive my boredom until then. 

Steamy Royal

I know that feeling all too well >< Next month is going to be so expensive for me if I try to get all the games I want that comes out next month >< Urgh...
Then again, I should be worrying about something else right now, but, meh, can't get myself to do that xD.

rocknrolla

Quote from: Zilzilii on August 09, 2011, 07:40:17 AM
I'm officially bored.   Been bored since last night.   

I need a new game to play.

I've played Rift, Everquest II, Everquest (that was MANY years ago), minecraft...  I have Thief III on steam, but I can't play any fan missions because of a bug related to Steam.   

I think I'd like to play a new MMORPG.   I'm not sure what great ones are out there and I'd like to try a free trial of one perhaps before I decide to buy anything.

Help, please..?

Hiya Zilzilii!

A few pages back, there was a MMO called "Vindictus" mentioned by Sabby - suffice to say I looked at it, and it seems wonderful (coming from someone who can't stand MMOs), the only downside to it is how its only available in North America.

Quote from: Sabby on July 18, 2011, 11:54:41 PM
And just as I give up on MMO's clinging to the RPG design, I discover Vindictus. Not sure if it's any good yet, but at least it's trying a different play style. Looks like a more traditional hack and slash, with a persistent world. Guna research it up a bit before I try it.

And its free to play too!

Edit: Ah, I see how this works... download and install for free, but buy ingame currency. Thats not so bad, but I don't really know how much it's worth. $1 = 1000 fantasy monies, but for all I know, the good stuff is worth 5 bucks :/ plus it doesn't say if I can actually earn their fantasy dollars in game... do I have to buy every item with real money? Can I make money in game, and just top up with a credit card? Are certain items restricted to non-paying players? I don't know, it doesn't say :/

Hope that helps!
People ask the question... what's a RocknRolla? And I tell 'em - it's not about drums, drugs, and hospital drips, oh no. There's more there than that, my friend. We all like a bit of the good life - some the money, some the drugs, other the sex game, the glamour, or the fame. But a RocknRolla, oh, he's different. Why? Because a real RocknRolla wants the fucking lot.

A/As (Updated 1/30)

Oniya

Quote from: Zilzilii on August 09, 2011, 08:42:10 AM
Yeah, unfortunately I don't have a PS3 or an Xbox or anything like that...

So I have to stick to just computer games.

If you're not dead-set on it being an MMO, I can recommend a couple of free online game sites that have the 'something for everyone' advantage.

http://www.armorgames.com
http://www.miniclip.com/games/en (has a couple of games listed as Multiplayer, but I've never ventured in that section)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Sabby

Dead Island is something I'm very... cautious of. I like zombies, but I'm sick of Zomedy's. Dead Rising, Left 4 Dead, Zombie Land, I am sick to death of Zombies being the punchline of a joke. I can't think of a single game where zombies were, ya know... actual zombies and not a parody. When theres more parodies then the actual thing they're parodying, then your balance is way off.

Then Dead Island comes by in 2007, and I think fuck yeah! Look at this shit, it looks like an honest to god attempt at Dawn of the Dead: The Video Game. Very excited about it. Then it went quiet for a few years, and what did I see when it recently resurfaced?

Crazy custom weapons and themed special zombies!

.__. see what I mean? It looks like in its down time it decided to try and follow the kinds of zombie games I thought this would be a reprieve from. Honestly, if you choose a weapon more elaborate then a shotgun or a pipe, then its a zombedy. If you electrify a machete instead of just having a machete, its not serious.

It's changed just enough to get me worried.

Steamy Royal

I think you're missing the point. It's for the entertainment, it doesn't have to be an actual realistic zombie apocalypse, because I've seen a program about that on National Geographic, and it can't not happen. Besides of that, as I said, it's for the entertainment, not for the realistic, and if other finds it fun and awesome, like I do, or well, think I will do, then they've managed to do it just fine for me. So really, it's all about the individual person how we see it and what we like from a zombie game ^^. Lol, sorry if it came off a little brutal or offensive, wasn't meant like that ><.

Sabby

There's enough silly zombies as it is dude, a change of tone would be nice. I'll still play it, but it'll get significantly more groans from me if theres leafblower + golf balls = custom weapon!

Steamy Royal

Lol I must admit, that actually sounds like a funny weapon xD. But! I do agree with you on Dead Rising 2, what a waste of money that was. Dead Rising 1 had the sandbox kind of mode, but where you just kept losing life. Now, instead of them changing that, to not losing life, and just let you run around and have fun, they completely removed it, now what the hell was that all about? And the multilayer was so boring...Urgh.

Sabby

Dead Rising 2 kicked ass :P Don't think that just because I'm sick of Zombedy's that I hate them. I don't. I just really get tired of parodies outnumbering what they parody. Imagine if there was no such thing as actual movies, just Scary Movie, Epic Movie, Date Movie, Super Hero Movie... that should scare you.

Steamy Royal

Lol I liked the single player story mode in Dead Rising 2, but it had so much potential for a play mode too, oh well. Lol actually, I don't usually play zombie games and such, I hate horror to be honest, but Dead Rising was awesome in the story mode, and Dead Island looks awesome for me too, so yeah xD I have to buy games that looks funny too, so I don't get completely scared. The only really scary game I ever completed was F.E.A.R >.> I loved all the games, even the newest third one <333

Sabby

Oh boy... do I comment xD nah, must play nice with the newbies... do a backscroll and you'll end up with my opinion of 'horror games' xD

Steamy Royal

Lol, whether or not you find that kind of games horror, I do xD I mean, again, we're all individuals, and I'm easily scared by such things xD So to me, it's horror! >.> -sticks tongue out at you while putting my foot down...and breaking my high heel- damn it... XD

Inkidu

I'm kind of with Sabby though I doubt I'll ever get sick of zomedy. Walking, stupid corpses make good punchlines. I'm not opposed to special zombies either, something that provides challenge. However, I am sick of co-op zombie crap. Tired of it. I want to go it alone, where's my big sprawling survival epic of person forced to live in a zombie infested new world order. I want that.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Sabby

Quote from: Inkidu on August 09, 2011, 07:29:16 PMI want to go it alone, where's my big sprawling survival epic of person forced to live in a zombie infested new world order. I want that.

Well too bad! Take your flaming boxing gloves and go get some friends online, no one wants to Falcon Punch heads off alone :P

This is what zombie games have become and its everyones fault xD

Steamy Royal

Lol I actually liked Dead Nation, if you guys have tried that, was awesome xD And freaking hard at some places, but definitely worth playing xD. And well, they only have a couple of crazy weapons, like a blade canon kind of, and a rocket luncher, well, also a shocker that fires electricity, but it's not that effective really, at least not in my opinion >.> xD.

Sabby

No thanks, it's gotten to the point where I just ignore a zombie game the second I read anything like that... browsing the demo's in steam, oooh, Dead Nation, wonder what that is... Rocket Luncher? Okay, moving on.

There's just too many stupid indy or c-list zombie games all trying to follow the Zomedy craze and I really couldn't be bothered to give half of them the time of day.