Interest Check - Wolves of Fortune - Werewolves - Historical Fantasy - Sandbox

Started by Maeve, August 13, 2015, 11:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maeve

Exactly. Do you have a face model in mind? For his human one, I mean.

ArtemisHighmore

Maeve

Ah, wa, hum. Sorry my brain just shut down there for a second. Yeah, he'll do. :P

ArtemisHighmore

summoner2183

Quote from: Maeve on January 19, 2016, 07:53:38 PM
Have a character outline in mind?

Well, my concept of my character is just a simple werewolf that was in Aurel's army... probably one of the General's lieutenants or something. He is searching for somewhere he could call home and a woman to satisfy his desires and bear him some pups.

Maeve

Don't worry about this if you've already written something up with an image, but for any newcomers please feel free to fill this out.

Writer Name: Screen Name

Character Name: What should we call you?

Face Model/Physical Description: Do you have a rugged sort of charm? Are you a pretty boy/girl?

Sexuality: What butters your parsnips?

Personality: What’s your deal? Are you the crazy one? The strong silent type? Maybe you’re the one voice of sanity in an insane mob.

History: Just did a pretty thing like you end up in a place like this?

Gypsy

Writer Name: GypsyRose

Character Name: Jaelle Zingari

Face Model/Physical Description:
green-eyed brunette, 5'6", average height, curvy build

Sexuality:
Heterosexual

Personality:
Adventurous, bold, outspoken, smart but often lacking in wisdom

History:   

Jaelle Zingari had always been told that her curiosity and her inability to heed the warning wisdom of her elders would be her downfall.  She was bold, perhaps too bold, and confident in her dukkering, her gift of telling fortunes.  What no-one had ever told her was that gift rarely runs true on the teller's own future.

When her band of rovers camped on the outskirts of a forest that their captain had declared 'interzis' or 'forbidden', Jaelle had paid little heed.  When one of the handsome giogios had come to the camp, giving her silver for telling his fortune and bidding her meet him later in the shadow of the trees, she had slipped away.

Her would-be lover had not kept faith, however, but in the shadows and rising mists, she had somehow lost her way, and it was not long until she found herself hunted, pursued ... driven ever further from the safety of her people and their blades and magic ... straight into the wolves' jaws.

Her beauty, and her skill with fortune-telling and certain healing herbs and mixtures made her valuable, too valuable to break or kill so long as her gifts run true, though she is still the property of the wolves and under doom of death should she attempt to escape.
<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=286451.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=244545.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=279617.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=245953.0"></a>     

🌹🔥🌹   on 'no writing' hiatus    🌹🔥🌹    not available    🌹🔥🌹    formerly 'Briar Rose' & 'GypsyRose'    🌹🔥🌹

ArtemisHighmore

Writer Name: ArtemisHighmore

Character Name: Aurel, King of Lupi di Fortuna

Face Model/Physical Description: Grey eyes, boarding on silver, gruff exterior. Broad of shoulder and tall of height, he is the physical specimen of a great Northman.

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Personality: Aurel is a quiet, dark stone among a wild sea of fur. He was born to war and takes each battle as a personal challenge of his might and tactical skill. Victory has tempered his rashness and he is prone to long hours of consideration on the eve of battle, mulling over things to ensure the best chance of success for his brave warriors.

History:
Aurel was born to the Volga people; his name among them was Wiglif and he was a considerable warrior in his own right. The Volga people, particularly his clan, were traders of women and would exchange their slave girls at random. It was common practice to take any slave girl that struck their fancy, entering the owner’s abode and taking them as a sign of claiming her as his property. It was from this practice that Aurel came to view all women as inferior, nothing more than property to be enjoyed and traded for things that were needed.

Though the exact date now eludes Aurel’s memory, he and several warriors were given a task by the angel of death, an elderly woman in his tribe said to have the shaman like abilities. She spoke of a great beast in the forest that, if slain, would make Aurel, still called Wiglif, a great hero and perhaps king. Tempted by this prospect, Wiglif charged gallantly into the forest in search of the great beast. It was there that he, Wiglif, would die and from that death would be born Aurel.

The early years and their faded memories are awash in blood. Filled with a ravenous hunger, the newly changed Aurel had returned to his people, no longer recognizing them as more than food and devoured them, every man, woman and child. All except for the angel of death, who he set upon a tree, bound by her own innards, the then small part of his still thinking brain blaming her for making him this monster. After that he became little more than a legend, a shadowy nightmare that stalked his own people.

Throughout the years Aurel, much to his surprise, would come upon others of his kind. These meets would begin with a vicious fight, savage beasts clawing and biting and growling. When the dust settled, Aurel would be alpha of each new pack member. He openly encouraged them to fight among themselves for rank, feeling that constant battle would keep them sharp, their thirst just below the surface, their savagery on a short chain. The larger his gathering of lupine grew the greater attention they drew. It wasn’t long before Aurel and his followers were forced to face off against armies and despite their strength and ferocity, Aurel was often on the losing end in the early campaigns.

With every loss, Aurel grew more vicious, more eager to lay waste to those that would challenge him. He grew careless with his anger and it nearly cost him. Baited into a trap, his followers were slain and he barely escaped, dragging his wounded form deep into the dark forests of Germanic peoples. A woodwoman, evil spirits by Volga reckoning, discovered and healed him, spending the long months whispering in his ear about a great kingdom and that he was the offspring of a great lupine king that not reigned in many years. The seed too a deep root within him, and when he emerged from the woods, he had but one goal in mind, to claim this great kingdom beyond the Carpathian Mountains.

Over time he drew out from the shadows, finding curious acceptance among the realms of men, gathering about him great warriors and greater treasures. Though only a few of his oldest followers would know, Aurel had attempted the retaking of the hidden kingdom several times already, all ending in failure, his forces sent scurrying back in defeat. But this time would be different. His ranks swell with regularity and his fortunes are high. Soon they would march for this Promised Land that he ached for. Soon he would claim his rightful place as ruler of his people.

((Okay, submitting for discussion. ))

Maeve

Wonderful. If no one has any objections I would like to get a thread started. Maybe with Chola going to Jaelle for a reading?

summoner2183

WIP

Writer Name: summoner2183

Character Name: Wurgos

Personality: What’s your deal? Are you the crazy one? The strong silent type? Maybe you’re the one voice of sanity in an insane mob.

History: Just did a pretty thing like you end up in a place like this?

Gypsy

Quote from: Maeve on January 20, 2016, 09:48:30 PM
Wonderful. If no one has any objections I would like to get a thread started. Maybe with Chola going to Jaelle for a reading?

I would have no objections.  Will you also have up a thread for character profiles?

I would need to know something of the current situation to do a reading that tends toward accuracy, unless you're good with me going off the cuff. 
<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=286451.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=244545.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=279617.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=245953.0"></a>     

🌹🔥🌹   on 'no writing' hiatus    🌹🔥🌹    not available    🌹🔥🌹    formerly 'Briar Rose' & 'GypsyRose'    🌹🔥🌹

Maeve

Quote from: GypsyRose on January 21, 2016, 09:46:00 AM
I would have no objections.  Will you also have up a thread for character profiles?

I would need to know something of the current situation to do a reading that tends toward accuracy, unless you're good with me going off the cuff.

That's a grand idea. Hopefully tomorrow night.

bubby

Maeve

bubby

SSssooo... first... ART! How dare you... you... and that PIC. *slobber*

Anywho... would a female wolf antagonist against Mr. Tyrannical Wolf King work somehow?

ArtemisHighmore

bubby

Quote from: ArtemisHighmore on January 23, 2016, 02:34:42 PM
Bows. It's actually from a werewolf movie. Have you seen it?

O_O

*Googles... GAPES... GETS!*

Not yet, but I will soon!

ArtemisHighmore

The plot is a little wonky but I enjoyed it. Cool take on werewolves and the hybrid forms are different enough to be interesting!

Maeve

Quote from: bubby on January 23, 2016, 12:48:23 PM
SSssooo... first... ART! How dare you... you... and that PIC. *slobber*

Anywho... would a female wolf antagonist against Mr. Tyrannical Wolf King work somehow?

I assume that Aurel would have many generals, and that more than a few of them would have reasons to work against him. The reasoning would depend on your character outline of course, but it could add an interesting element to the plot.

ArtemisHighmore

bubby

Quote from: Maeve on January 23, 2016, 03:20:52 PM
I assume that Aurel would have many generals, and that more than a few of them would have reasons to work against him. The reasoning would depend on your character outline of course, but it could add an interesting element to the plot.

Well then, I'll see what I can come up with!  :-)

Maeve

As requested Gypsy Rose - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=243263.0

The outline there is a bit truncated and I will hopefully have time to edit it later.

bubby

Here's images I've for my char. I've sent Art a PM with questions that  need answered before I can continue to make sure my ideas are viable.  WIP

Writer Name: bubby

Character Name:

Personality:

History:

Maeve

I would just like to mention how glad I am that we have BAMF female werewolf characters joining up. I was slightly concerned all the girls would end up being slave type characters (which are essential to the plot as well) and the guys hog all the bad assatude.

bubby

Quote from: Maeve on January 23, 2016, 05:22:49 PM
I would just like to mention how glad I am that we have BAMF female werewolf characters joining up. I was slightly concerned all the girls would end up being slave type characters (which are essential to the plot as well) and the guys hog all the bad assatude.

Lol... yyeeahh.. I don't know how to play a 'slave' type.  ::)