D&D Planar Battles(3.5 D&D Battles Interest Check)

Started by swordwind, October 18, 2011, 12:55:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swordwind

D&D Planar Battle Ground

Greetings Elliquians once again. I've roamed slightly and seen somethat that is lacking here. A simple kill everyone game. Which is what this is. You the player will create a DnD character who was taken from his planar home, you get to pick it and forced into a planar battle arena. To fight for the right to return to your home plane. The rules are simple. Kill or be Killed by your fellow Elliquians. You will die or you will live. The choice is yours.

Resting at the inn, in a cave, upon a mountain, under the sea, within the molten seas of the underground. You see a rift appear and envople you in a blinding light. As your senses fade from your mind you feel your moving. Then the light vanishes and around you see a mixture of beings from lands unknown. Each of them armed in their own aresonal of weapons. Each holding the same look upon them that you yourself feel. Then you hear it.

"Welcome one and all to the main event, before you stand the chosen few. The warriors from planes unknown come here for one reason and one reason alone. To battle one another to the death to show the strength and skill of their plane. Who will be standing at the end? Only time will tell. Let us not tally. Let the battles began..."

Now I know a number of people get attached to your characters that you make and I want that but in roleplaying characters die. Understand that and this game will be more enjoyable. Also this will not be, character 1 behind gate 2 is unleashed and kills character 2 behind gate one. Oh no. This will be characters fighting one another on the planes. Terrian, skills, feats, will all play a role, not blind power. Anything and everything can happen upon the planes, only you decide if you live or die. The battles begin as soon as I see some interest and characters.

Once the game begins you have a period of 2 days to post your reply or you will start to lose hp. The longer it takes you to post the more HP you will lose each day after 2, reach zero and your dead. Winners advance to the next round. 

Questions?

EDIT: After a bit of reflection I see that some more information is needed for everyone here. First and formost this is a battle arena. Now normally that means you will fight another player to the death. Now the road to that result is up to you. How you would like to kill said player is totally up to you once you get placed into the battle ground. Poison, traps, spells, fast talk, rape, or a good old backstab, the course is yours. A great deal is left up to you in regards to killing your opponent.

Character Creation:

You are 12th level. (Average HP for the character class or LA Max 1st level)
You have 88,000 gold
You can use any book or race (no pathfinder materials) do not attempt to god mode(unless you want to win without a challenge)
You will use the Elite Array for ability scores.

Name:
Background:

Character Sheet

Sidenote:

OOC: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123586.0
Game: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123291.0

RabbitJanitor

I am interested for sure. Ill be making up a CS soon.

swordwind

Thanks for the interest, I do believe I need need a re-work of this intro as a number of people have viewed it but only you sir have been interested, atm of course. So thanks again and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

ZameRagues

Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

PaleEnchantress

So it's just make a character and kill or be killed?
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

swordwind

Well at it's roots yes. But I would like it to develop into your character being forced into this situation and killing your enemy. Which is your fellow players.

Medical Miracle

So this game would be going in the extreme section?

swordwind

PaleEnchantress

I would like to play, i'll add that im personally only interested in MxM or maybe MxF for a non con scene with my character.

ZameRagues

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=9648]Breeze Fastwind
One Character here, if this is gonna go through.
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

swordwind

Well the sheet looks alright, but you didn't fill out any of the character background. Not wanting just a filled out character sheet.

Medical Miracle

Well, I might be interested. Depends on how busy I get. :P

PaleEnchantress

Just not sure what the point is. Most interaction will be swiftly ended. Relationships, character development, even writing a background seems rather pointless. If you die you cant do anything, and if the other players die then you have no one to play with.

swordwind

The point is your character and the situation that they are in. Now if you think all that is, is rolling dice then that's ok. But a character without a background has no point in playing in any game at all. Character development takes place as soon as the game starts, you may view the fight as pointless but if you don't make a character and try it out then how will you know without trying? Now if your not interested in the game then that's ok. I just want people to come in with a character, create them and I'll place them within the battle field. If you win your fight then you advance. Time between fights you can meet other characters. If you die you can always make a new one.

Zaer Darkwail

So it is PC vs PC? Also it is always a death match and not match until someone yields and is put on audience vote to decide does person die or not (like in roman gladiator matches).

So are you trying mix in RP with arena game where chars do permanently die in arena? It's not going to cut a long run for most peeps. The RP is ok in arena game if char survives (may it be via true resurrection from lost match which is freely granted and quite possible if arena holder is epic level char). But if in every arena match char has chance to die permanently it scares people off.

It's ok to die in arena game permanently if the stakes are high enough and battle is something unique like 'fight for freedom' or 'fight for championship final rounds'. Just my thoughts.

swordwind

Well if the desire to keep said character alive that would have to be up to the person they are fighting. Yielding could take place but it would be up to the player not myself as a GM, so living or dieing is up to you the players. Mind you everyone will not live. As characters can die to posting delays, without forewarning. Also the arena's themselves will add a few perks as the matches go forwards.

PaleEnchantress

Would it be okay for me to reflavor a class a bit? Im not asking to change anything mechanical, just the fluff aspects of the prerequisites. The prestige class in question is Hathran, and id like to have the gender, alignment, and deity restrictions waved. (As well as the gender requirement for the ethran feat that's a prereq for the class). Would that be alright? Since the campaign is planar and not faerun based i'd even say taking those away makes the class fit in better with the game.

swordwind

Sure I can have that waived for this game. Create away

Medical Miracle

O.k. I think I can safely say I can commit to this, I've started making a character. I'll PM you the details latter.

swordwind

Thank you, aftera bit of review I'll need at least 4 people to get the game running. People that wish to join after that can do so upon a chracter being created

RabbitJanitor

Zaer Darkwail

RabbitJanitor; How you are both mindflayer and figther 7/soul eater 5? Mindflayers got what, 8 HD as aberrations and then +7 LA?

Anyways thinking something wicked, but I ask our GM does he allows weapons of legacy, or rather create a legacy creature despite it reads usually such chars are not suitable for PC chars (there is no LA but I guess stat penalties for having legacy balances them out).

Medical Miracle

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 25, 2011, 03:49:49 PM
RabbitJanitor; How you are both mindflayer and figther 7/soul eater 5? Mindflayers got what, 8 HD as aberrations and then +7 LA?
Well you can opt out of racial hit dice, but ya. There's still a +7 LA no matter which way you slice it.

RabbitJanitor

I didn't see the level adjustment on the race, but yea, i amused there was one half way through making the character. Ill go and edit my entry.

swordwind

Ok I'll clarify something here, anything broken, as in down right broken, which exists in 3.5. I'll take personal pleasure in making their characters life a living hell. On another note thanks for the assistance, work can get in the way of watching character updates.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: swordwind on October 25, 2011, 10:07:26 PM
Ok I'll clarify something here, anything broken, as in down right broken, which exists in 3.5. I'll take personal pleasure in making their characters life a living hell. On another note thanks for the assistance, work can get in the way of watching character updates.

Well if you feel something is terribly broken about anyone's build you should probably at least mention it to them ahead of time.

swordwind

I would believe that anyone creating a character that is really broken knows it. Also other players have the ability to see it as well. So anything that may escape my notice another player can see it. Overall this is a group game and to make it fun for the people involved I'll need people's assistance. I don't know every rule in every book so any information would be nice if I've overlooked something.

PaleEnchantress

Well a lot of people view as basics of the game while others view them as horribly broken. Natural spell (feat that lets druids cast in whildshape) is an example, some feel it makes a class that's broken on it's own even more powerful. Others see it as a normal thing for druids to want.

I'll assume though that if your saying it will be obvious then you mean mostly rule exploits, oversights, and builds that combine things that were probably never meant to go together. Things like the impure prince build that uses share spell ability with symbionts to fire a nearly unlimited number of ray spells per round, or binding a creature cabeable of casting wishes as a spell like ability and therefor getting them for free. Those type of things.

Zaer already mentioned it but the mind flayer Rabbit Janitor posted is illeagle as it doesn't include it's racial hit dice. You could house rule that racial hit dice can be dropped and replaced with class levels (for the mind flayer he built i don't believe this would be too much), but unless you to that thing is a level 26 character (though it's stats should be higher). If you do let monsters drop their racial hit dice it's still as written  a level 19 character.

---

On a more personal note (though not really limited to me) spellcasters and their buffs need to be addressed. I think it's reasonable to say that any buffs with a duration of 1 hour/level or longer can be cast before the actual battle (since at level 12 they would be up all day and they tend to be things like mage armor and stone-skin rather then etherealness, and fly). Beyond that it's really all up to you, but do be careful if you give them much time to enhance themselves before their enemy can reach them since with a few uninterrupted rounds they can be practically invulnerable.

Also I have my character made except for equipment and a few odds and ends. He has leadership as it's a prereq for the class, works with one of the class abilities, and is a great rp tool. I do not expect my cohort to ever be in battle with me against another player. His only mechanical use would be adding a spell to my circle magic. I do assume my familiar is fine for battle though (haven't chose yet but probably choosing imp)

Anyway here is my character:  http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=339408

Zaer Darkwail

Well, many say feral creature template is cheesy for it's LA. But I had concept for male feral unholy scion shifter figther 4/barbarian 3 (or plain barbarian) who is also legacy creature and has as ability to cast enlarge person as swift action once per day. A +5 LA total so I would naturally be disadvantage those who stick with 12 class levels.

swordwind

Figured monsters and their silly LA's would get into trouble. But you are correct PaleEnchantress. I don't wish anything "broken". By broken I mean something that would give you the player a basic 90% win in the arena. Now we could bat back and forth the fairness of characters and their abilities but I'm not looking to do that. I'm just saying for you, all of you, the players to keep it in mind.

Now for mages. Yes I know Mr fighter will walk up and kill you before you little spells will get cast. Rest easy though. I will make sure the fights are equal upon getting into the arena. Mage will not have to worry about not being primed during the fight to maximize their killing potential. On another note I'd like to get this game rolling soon enough. So I'll be tossing out PM's today to all members that have given me characters. After a period of 24 hours I'll see the interest and get this game up and running. For now I'll answer farther questions.

RabbitJanitor

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=340415
Right, so there's my character, ill fill in the rest of the fields in a bit, just wanted to drop it down to be looked at.

swordwind

Hmmm it seems interest, from 3 people has ether slowed or RL got in the way, but as they have logged on and not got in touch with me I assume that means they don't care to inform me. *sighs* Very well I'll get this game up off the ground in sometime on saturday

Till then continue to submit characters and backgrounds I shall work on this games introduction.

Koyume

I'm definitely interested. I'm really not much for optimizing characters, so I'll probably end up making something kind've bland and/or not very powerful, but we'll see. I'm not expecting to survive very far, but one thing I'm hoping for is at least one good rape scene before/at the end of my girl's run.

One more thing (which I think was actually answered in an above post, but yeah)- can we choose not to kill each other, or in other words, to offer mercy as we desire? I seriously doubt that any kind of paragon of good, like a celestial, would stand for killing a stranger for the entertainment of anyone, for example.

Quote from: RabbitJanitor on October 27, 2011, 07:50:10 PM
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=340415
Right, so there's my character, ill fill in the rest of the fields in a bit, just wanted to drop it down to be looked at.

A fighter with a negative in strength? Is there some reason for that? Also, enhancements like Flaming Burst can only be added onto a weapon that already has at least a +1 enhancement bonus (it can't just be masterwork).

Edit: I'm thinking of playing a young, female Bralani Eladrin (from the first Monster Manual). That means that I would probably only have one actual class level. One question I have about that is: does the Bralani's default equipment (+1 holy scimitar and their bow) count against my starting gold limit (considering that it's kind've like a racial feature)? And if it does, can I just swap that stuff out to have more money for unique equipment?

Zaer Darkwail

Sorry, I had meant to make the char but yesterday started play Guild Wars again :P. So that occupied yesterday.

swordwind

Ok I've a bit on my plate but I'll get something organizaed by this evening, worry about battles after I get all of your paired off, For now I'll be making an intro thread this evening to give you all something to work with.

Koyume: No the equipment isn't apart of the race, you'll have to buy it all. 

PaleEnchantress

RabbitJanitor

Ill adjust the prices and Attack bonuses respectively. Thanks for pointing that out. If there's anything else, don't hesitate to speak up.

Koyume

Yusqio, Monk of Arborea

Age: Unknown (appears roughly like an adolescent human or elf, but is probably far older.)

Appearance: Yusqio would hardly be considered an intimidating figure by most people, seeing her in her humanoid form. She is quite small, standing barely five feet tall, with a lean, toned, and supple physique. The curves of her highly athletic form are a bit subtle and girlish, and her breasts are fairly small. Her skin is very pale and unblemished, her large eyes are an enchanting golden colour, and the slightly wavy, shoulder-length hair which frames her childish face is a strikingly exotic blue. She also has slightly pointed ears, though they are not as elongated as those of most elves.  In her non-humanoid form, she looks like a whirling cloud of glittering snow.

In the serene and beautiful plane of Arborea where the Eladrin live, little discrimination is made in regards to the way one should dress, and many beings wander freely wearing audacious and eccentric costumes, or nothing at all. Yusqio herself is typically seen wearing little more than a rather high cut, dark blue leotard, as well as frilled, knee-length socks and mid-length leather boots. She is also rarely without her slender longsword, an enchanted sash woven seamlessly of red angel hair, and a few other trinkets and ornaments.

She might look something like this, but with a skin tone and physique more like the girl in the second pic (except for the large breasts):
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Hope these pictures aren't too risque for the requests area; it's really hard to find images that match a character's description sometimes.

Background: Yusqio awoke one day, naked and without possessions, in a meadow of soft, lush grass and bright wildflowers, surrounded by massive trees, many teeming with exotic fruits. She had no recollections of a previous existence, she just was- a new soul who had made the journey to Arborea. Almost nothing has changed since then, though she's wandered a great deal; finding friends, winning valuable treasures, and helping many creatures of all kinds.

Time flows strangely across different planes, and to the unaging celestials it is often of far less importance than to mortals on the Material Plane. Yusqio herself has little idea as to how many years old she is, though she could not be considered very old by the standards of extraplanar beings. Highly unusual for an Eladrin, she places a great value on personal discipline and constant improvement, and often travels with purpose across the celestial realms, spending time with Archons, Guardinals, and other beings, and offering a helping hand wherever she is able.

Here's what I've got so far: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=341652

Let me know if you see anything strange or need more information anywhere.

PaleEnchantress

I thought we were going to be able to start some of this last night.

swordwind

Not sure if my last post came in, just wanted you all to know that pending on your time zone you'll be seeing something for the arena

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, here is my arena char; A feral unholy scion shifter male. I assume HP was maxed?

Raelgar
normal appearance

Shifting+rage+enlarge person

Feral legacy male unholy scion shifter Barbarian 5/Figther 2, CR 12
CE Humanoid (Outsider, Evil, Legacy)
Init: +5 Senses: Darkvision 60'ft, Blindsight 30'ft; Listen+10 Spot+2
Aura: None
Languages: Common, Abyssal

AC:
30, Touch 15, Flat-Footed 30; (+2 Dex, +6 natural, Deflection +3, +9 Armor)
(while raging, shifting and large)
30, Touch 11, Flat-Footed 30; (+1 Dex, +10 natural, Deflection +3, -1 size, -2 rage, +9 Armor)
HP: 5d12+2d10+21 (63) (84 while shifting+rage) (-4 for having legacy)
Immune: Poison and Mind Affecting Effects
Resist: Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 5 and Fire 5 SR: 17
Fort: +7 (+10 shifting+rage) Ref: +3 (+2 large) Will: +2 (+4 rage)

Speed: 60'ft
Melee: 2 claws +11/+11 (1d8+6 20/x2) and +6 bite (1d6+8) or (raging, shifting and large) 2 claws +14/+14 (2d6+10 20/x2) and +9 bite (1d8+15 20/x2)
Ranged: +9 Enervation (1d4 level drain)
Space: 5'ft (10'ft) Reach: 5'ft (10'ft)
Base Atk: +7 Grp: +12 (+20 while large, rage and shifting)
Atk Options: Improved Grab, Pounce, Unholy Strike
Special Qualities: Enlarge Person (self, swift action 1/day), Fast Healing 7, DR 5/good or magic, Instant Knowlegde, Shifting 3/day (4+Con mod, Beasthide, Longtooth), Improved Uncanny Dodge, Rage 2/day, Arcane Deflection+1
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 7):
Charm Person 3/day (will save DC 14), Desecrate 1/day, Enervation 1/day, Protection from Good 3/day, Major Image 3/day (will save DC 16 disbelief), Poison 3/day

Abilities:
20 Str, 15 Dex, 16 Con, 10 Int, 12 Wis, 16 Cha
(raging, shifting and large)
28 Str, 13 Dex, 22 Con, 10 Int, 12 Wis, 16 Cha
SA: Improved Grab, Pounce, Familiar Charm, Spell-Alike Abilities, Unholy Strike (weapons treated evil and +2d6 dmg vs good)
Feats: Shifter Instincts, Beasthide Elite, Extra Shifter Trait [Longtooth], Power Attack, Impervious Command
Skills: Balance +2, Climb +6, Jump +6, Intimidate +18, Spot +2, Listen +10, Sense Motive +2, Hide +8, Move Silently +8, Survival +5
Racial Mods: +2 Balance, Climb, Jump, +1 Spot, Sense Motive and Listen
Possessions: Bracers of Battle (12,000gp MIC73), Gloves of Blinding Strike (5,000gp MIC198), Sandals of Light Step (9,000gp MIC198), Vest of Free Movement (12,000gp MIC198), Blindfold of True Darkness (9,000gp MIC75), Fearsome Elven Chainmail+4 (25,150gp), Cloak of the Stone (8,000gp MIC88), Amulet of Mighty Fists+1 (6,000), Potions; Fly (750gp), Barkskin+4 (900gp), 2xRemove Fear (100gp), Shield of Faith+2 (100gp)

Enlarge Person (Sp): Once per day Raelgar can as swift action cast Enlarge Person spell on himself, he usually does this when he enters rage and shifting same time.
Improved Grab (Ex): When Raelgar hits with his claw attack against foe who is one size category smaller than him, he can initiate a grapple with his foe.
Pounce (Ex): Raelgar can perform full attack with her charge.
Improved Uncanny Dodge (Ex): Raelgar cannot be sneak attacked expect by rogues who are 9th level or higher and looses no Dex mod while flanked.
Arcane Deflection+1 (Ex): Raelgar gets +1 to touch AC vs ranged/melee touch spells.

Raelgar is centuries old shifter which has brought only misery since he was born. His mother was raped by feral humanoid beast, occuring in site of ancient dark sacrifice site which beast was guardian for and which mother's adventuring band had gone investigate but all had been slaugthered by the beast expect her; which it saved only for rough carnal delights.

Raelgar instant when he was born he tore out from mother's womb with savage fury, killing her in process and the druidic shaman who saw him was repulsed by the darkness the young babe possessed, wicked gleam in the eyes and feral claws in his hands and feet already that point. Druid threw the child into wilderness, as he had sworn strict oath never kill newborns but he had no desires preserve the child alive who had already commited murder.

However the child did not die, instead child grew in wilderness because since it was born with cunning of a demon who had centuries slept in the dark sacrifice site. Now roaming free it hunted and slew at his whim, feasted and grew from child to young powerful adult shifter. He became fiercest beast and figther in wilderness, he was hunting when he found a pregnant elf in regal dress escorted by two elves with green armor, gloves and boots. Without hesitation he leaped and attacked them! These foes had been toughest he had ever faced but he defeated them with relentless savagery. Taking the green vest, enchanted elven chainmail and green boots and gloves as his trophy. He slayed the elf queen because even as pregnant she was pain to deal with as she was sorceress. He left her laying seriously wounded in the woods.

After that he felt spark of greatness settle inside him which then gave him powerful ability to change a greater form than ever before! Now his powers allow take great sized form in addition to his natural born rage and shifter blood granted feral prowess. He challenged one barbarian village's all males for leadership of the village, his fierce power defeated thirty or so males while rest elders and infants he slew and took women as his mates which pleasured and served him. Ruling with dark primal era in village.

However from this life Raelgar was taken, as the arena managers had recognized his fierce savage might which could provide entertainment or two for them.

Koyume

HP is supposed to be average actually (which reminds me, I should double check my own).

Edit: Yup, I had assumed it was maxed too; changed it. My girl is all ready to go, I think. It looks like she'll probably be starting in the second round.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, edited mine then and also forgot -1 size penalty for hit with my attacks. Anyways I hope my shifter survives at least one battle :P.

Medical Miracle

Guess I could post my character now.

Yeva was born a street orphan in the impoverished trade city of Kara-Dume. As a child she was surrounded by desperate youths, lacking both the basics of life and hope. She picked up a combination of craftiness and magical skills to help not only acquire sustenance for her fellow urchins, but also to assist in creating illusions and weaving falsehoods to bolster their spirits. A combination of the underhanded skills she possessed and the caring soul she carried created at bit of a unique situation for her. She had the ability to advance her standing in life, for the city was rich in material wealth but she had seen the effects of possession on people and did not care for them. After seeing the poverty and hardships that so many lived with every day she found it impossible to turn her back to the reality of the constant suffering that existed in the world. She forsook all worldly possessions and rejected violence in all of its forms, choosing to instead live among and draw strength from the fortitude of the meagre.  In time she became a symbol of charity and safety to all the members of the lower class, so much so that some of the Gods acknowledged her devotion to kindness, and gifted her with additional abilities. Never was she considered to be a woman of faith, partly due to her unorthodox methods that don’t suit any organized religion, and partly because of her desire to assist without attaching any sort of goal or meaning to her actions.

Yeva has sand blond hair coupled with light blue eyes. Always dressed in basic white cloth with nothing more than simple wooden adornments, her tanned skin creates a very humble appearance.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=9663

RabbitJanitor

First, i wish to ask what the special ability/ feat "Protection Form Weapons" entails. (Medical Miracle)

Secondly, this is in response to two PMs i got and some mild confusion. I'm only playing One character, that being Kalith the Human, Not Damion. And the confusion with the setting was in conjunction with that. I will edit my initial post.

Medical Miracle

Quote from: RabbitJanitor on October 31, 2011, 10:13:33 PM
First, i wish to ask what the special ability/ feat "Protection Form Weapons" entails. (Medical Miracle)

Hmm, should I even tell you? Maybe you should attack me and find out. >:)

I feeling nice, so here you go.
QuoteIf a creature strikes you with a manufactured weapon, the weapon must immediately make a successful Fortitude save (DC 10 + one-half your character level + your Con modifier) or shatter against your skin, leaving you unharmed.
FYI, it works on magic wepons as well.

RabbitJanitor

Ah, the effect was mentioned at the bottom of your page, i wasn't sure though. Interesting character though. I never favored the holy characters. Could never wrap my head around the whole religion thing. Even in acting.

*Adjusted my post*

PaleEnchantress

How far away from each other are we when we start?  It's pretty important to know range.

swordwind

Medical Miracle

swordwind

That could be an oversight on myself. Rabbit made two characters. So....Allow me to double check things

Edit: Fixed you have an opponenet now MM

Other characters, I'm working on your match area now.

ZD and Koyume match is up.

Question for future matches, would you prefer myself rolling Init for your characters so you know who has to post first?

Koyume

Quote from: swordwind on November 01, 2011, 08:04:28 AM

Question for future matches, would you prefer myself rolling Init for your characters so you know who has to post first?

I think that's a good idea; I'll go ahead and roll this one, but in the future it could really smooth things out if you rolled for both opponents beforehand.

RabbitJanitor

Can someone direct me to the proper book and page number that details negative levels?

PaleEnchantress

RabbitJanitor

Geeklet

*reads through the thread, gets excited, only to find the game already started* Aw, its a shame I didn't find this post sooner. I always love a good fight. :(

Though if this turns out to be a success and a second go-round with fresh characters comes up, I'm down.

Medical Miracle

I think you can still join, some people don't have matches yet.

swordwind

Hello Geeklet, I'd like to inform you that this is an constant group that grows and dies. So if you have a character in mind please don't hesitate to ask, I'll work with you through PMs as well.

Zaer Darkwail

I am fine if the GM rolls for initiative. I assume my and Koyume's match has not started yet and we just hang around in somesort mildly dangerous resting zone? Place where gladiators wait and rest for their next matches?

swordwind

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, mind roll initiatives for us :). See who goes do what first.

swordwind

Raelgar 16

Yusqio 13

Also MM, apologizes for the lack of enemies to fight, I'll be getting in touch with them soon.

Koyume

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, it looks like that neither of us hits with regular physical attacks expect through rolling 19 or more :P. Your whirlwind form will come handy as Ref is one my poor saves and you do not need roll for attack with it.

But question; can anyone harm either physical or by magic bralani eladrin in whirlwind form? Does it work same as air elementals in sense that they can be attacked but it's harder to do if swallowed by it? Or well, in your form you do not swallow but I wonder does armor AC even apply in whirlwind form (or from magic items).

Koyume

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 02, 2011, 04:01:28 PM
Hmmm, it looks like that neither of us hits with regular physical attacks expect through rolling 19 or more :P. Your whirlwind form will come handy as Ref is one my poor saves and you do not need roll for attack with it.

But question; can anyone harm either physical or by magic bralani eladrin in whirlwind form? Does it work same as air elementals in sense that they can be attacked but it's harder to do if swallowed by it? Or well, in your form you do not swallow but I wonder does armor AC even apply in whirlwind form (or from magic items).

It's pretty strange; as far as I can tell, nothing changes at all as far as armor. Really the only differences between her two forms are that in one she can use weapons and in the other she can slam, fly, and shoot blasts of wind.

Koyume

So, what constitutes interaction for the purpose of disbelieving an illusion seems like a DM-call kind've thing. In most cases, interacting physically with the illusion is enough to allow someone to try and disbelieve it. Granted, in the case of mist, there's not much to physically interact with, so if being in the mist isn't enough, then very few things would allow someone to try and bisbelieve it.

Basically it's either easy to disbelieve or very hard; which one is it?

Zaer Darkwail

Well, physical body interaction does not break the illussion. Also it's static as Raelgar is not concentrating on it and very shortly it would fade anyway. Anyways example gust of wind which does not work vs mist would give strong hint it's illussion if you got K:arcana to realize it.

Koyume

Physical interaction doesn't break it, but it gives you a chance to break it with a will save. Gust of wind is a good idea; if the mist not disappearing after that doesn't give her a chance to disbelieve it, nothing would. For now let's just skip to your next turn and assume that she still sees the illusion.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, and indeed gust of wind would give you disbelief and also +4 bonus to pass the save.

AtwasAwamps

Would there be room for one more? I haven't tried my hand at higher than level five in 3.5 in a while and would like to play around with a few concepts I've been batting around.

As a side note, even though it says "any book", I'd still like to inquire if Tome of Battle is in play...many people have an immediate dislike of it.
O for a Muse of fire, that would ascend
The brightest heaven of invention;
A kingdom for a stage, princes to act
And monarchs to behold the swelling scene.

William Shakespeare, Henry V, Prologue

Please Check My A/A - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=79643.0

swordwind

You can Tome of Battle if you wish to feel the wrath of all the players, I personally know the annoying rules that the book makes. But if you want to I won't stop you.

PaleEnchantress

In general tome of battle if quite balanced, there are just a few stange things like the maneuver that can end the earths rotation around the sun.

RabbitJanitor

I'm going to be absent until Monday night, Ill post now. Just an FYI.

AtwasAwamps

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on November 04, 2011, 09:41:24 PM
In general tome of battle if quite balanced, there are just a few stange things like the maneuver that can end the earths rotation around the sun.

/rage IRON HEART SURGE DOES NOT WORK LIKE THAT! /endrage

In general, a ToB character is no stronger than a Barbarian. Of course, it is much stronger than a fighter or a monk, but then, everything is.

I'll avoid it, I guess, since the immediate prejudice towards the book is obviously present. C'est la guerre or however the French put it.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: AtwasAwamps on November 04, 2011, 10:11:04 PM
/rage IRON HEART SURGE DOES NOT WORK LIKE THAT! /endrage

In general, a ToB character is no stronger than a Barbarian. Of course, it is much stronger than a fighter or a monk, but then, everything is.

I'll avoid it, I guess, since the immediate prejudice towards the book is obviously present. C'est la guerre or however the French put it.

Actually I was defending the book.It's way more balanced then even core (which gives us the Cleric and no tob class rivals that thing in power). The only things that wind up 'broken' are odd readings of certian ablities like iron heart surge.

PaleEnchantress

PS: If anyone likes male on male action let me know since it would make the outcome of our battles far more enjoyable for us.

AtwasAwamps

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on November 04, 2011, 11:01:41 PM
Actually I was defending the book.It's way more balanced then even core (which gives us the Cleric and no tob class rivals that thing in power). The only things that wind up 'broken' are odd readings of certian ablities like iron heart surge.

Oh, I know, I wasn't talking about you, just the automatic response of "if you want to enrage the other players" that I got ;)

Also I like you, let's be friends.

Have a cookie!

Working on a sheet/concept at the moment.

Medical Miracle

Go ahead and use it if you want, hell I used Vow of Poverty, and I know how people feel about that feat. (I did it for the character I swear :P).

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on November 04, 2011, 11:05:32 PM
PS: If anyone likes male on male action let me know since it would make the outcome of our battles far more enjoyable for us.

And here I was mentally preparing myself in case I lost to you.

Zaer Darkwail

I am okay with ToB. I myself love the book and flavor it brings to combat :).

Anyways in my matches any female gladiators who loose against my char got two choices; be raped or killed. Other combatants got one choice; Death.

I ask now before hand if a gladiator is knocked out but not killed does the arena ring let gladiator decide what do with the foe and if foe decides rape the opponent will arena arrange it so that other gladiator cannot fight against it (like place on manacles which bring in anti-magic field on person).

swordwind

In reguards to victory, to the victor goes the spoils but do note that unless mercy is given death is the result. Ether by the player or the arena.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, so victor can decide take anything as spoils from victory? So does it include turn female gladiators into sex slaves  :D

Ofc if no one likes RP all the time being sex slave they can just abandon the char after one scene and create new gladiator.

Koyume

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 05, 2011, 06:56:30 AM
I ask now before hand if a gladiator is knocked out but not killed does the arena ring let gladiator decide what do with the foe and if foe decides rape the opponent will arena arrange it so that other gladiator cannot fight against it (like place on manacles which bring in anti-magic field on person).

I'm actually a big fan of ToB; I was thinking about playing a swordsage instead of a monk, but since I only had one level to use for a class, and I wanted WIS to AC (and the restriction of not being able to wear armor), I chose monk.

Zaer makes a good point here; in Yusqio's case, as long as she's conscious she can always just turn into a whirlwind to avoid being raped, making her kind've a hard prize to claim unless the beings in charge of the arena step in somehow. Of course, she might submit 'willingly' to avoid being killed, but yeah...

PaleEnchantress

Yeah, we need a bit of arbitration. My opponent just technically surrendered. I'm not exactly going to fly down to him and give him the offer to be my sex slave or die and have his cock hung on my mantle if he is allowed to just stand up and attack now that he managed to get me in melee range.

Edit: This also makes me the first winner in the arena I think <3.

Medical Miracle

If I'm beaten I'd rather the victor decide what happens to me. It takes the fun out of it if I get to decide. ;)

Koyume

Quote from: Medical Miracle on November 05, 2011, 03:16:45 PM
If I'm beaten I'd rather the victor decide what happens to me. It takes the fun out of it if I get to decide. ;)

Of course, but the point is that the victor doesn't really get to do anything fun unless he either already has the power to completely dominate/restrain the loser, or is given that freedom by the arena itself somehow.

Zaer Darkwail

Aye, that is what I am wondering; Can gladiator get aid from arena to get his prize or does the said gladiator either have power to dominate or somehow coerce their victim agree on surrender and suffer consequences only with term that they are not killed. As Lawful creature your bound to keep your oaths/promises, and LG can keep even ones which they dislike but it's ultimate choice between survival and death.

Geeklet

on a somewhat unrelated note, Ive hit a busy spell with work IRL. Should have a char up and ready in a couple days, though.

Koyume

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 05, 2011, 04:24:06 PM
Aye, that is what I am wondering; Can gladiator get aid from arena to get his prize or does the said gladiator either have power to dominate or somehow coerce their victim agree on surrender and suffer consequences only with term that they are not killed. As Lawful creature your bound to keep your oaths/promises, and LG can keep even ones which they dislike but it's ultimate choice between survival and death.

That's true; if Raelgar won and offered to spare Yusqio's life in exchange for submitting to him, she would probably accept. But it would still be nice if we had some arbitration that allowed the winner to do whatever they wanted to the loser whether they accepted it or not.

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, also Raelgar has impervious command and +22 intimidate mod in his present size so he could scare your char agree on the terms if she cannot escape his claws grip while squeezing life out of her.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Geeklet on November 05, 2011, 04:28:54 PM
on a somewhat unrelated note, Ive hit a busy spell with work IRL. Should have a char up and ready in a couple days, though.

When you do play...if it's a guy...be prepared!

swordwind

Seems that surrendering has started to become normal well as this is an areana of unnatural things. Allow me to review these fights and get back to each of you with updates. The arena's are about to make things interesting.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, I just hope the interesting part is something fun :). But we follow the format that surrendering is possible option and the victor has all right decide what to do with the loser. Also who would not pay for see in blood match in end foe get raped for crowd pleasing, especially if crowd is mostly evil and see a heroine raped by a villain. It would work as live entertainment  >:)

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 06, 2011, 03:18:18 PM
Ok, I just hope the interesting part is something fun :). But we follow the format that surrendering is possible option and the victor has all right decide what to do with the loser. Also who would not pay for see in blood match in end foe get raped for crowd pleasing, especially if crowd is mostly evil and see a heroine raped by a villain. It would work as live entertainment  >:)

If I had my way with you Zaer it would be a villain getting raped by an even more evil villain.

Zaer Darkwail

*shivers in fear*

Anyways question regarding the arena effect; would not Raelgar be immune to it as he got both immunity to mind-affecting effects from protection from good and also immunity from his template (which is extraordinary or supernatural trait).

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 07, 2011, 12:55:07 AM
*shivers in fear*

Anyways question regarding the arena effect; would not Raelgar be immune to it as he got both immunity to mind-affecting effects from protection from good and also immunity from his template (which is extraordinary or supernatural trait).

Protection from good/evil ect prevents someone from directing control over you. It is not immunity to mind affecting abilities. Things like confusion would be unaffected. It does protect from suggestion, dominate, possession, magic jar ect. The effect swordwind described sounds more like "calm emotions" which is unaffected by protection from good. If you have mind blank somehow then you would be immune.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: swordwind on November 06, 2011, 02:03:26 PM
Seems that surrendering has started to become normal well as this is an areana of unnatural things. Allow me to review these fights and get back to each of you with updates. The arena's are about to make things interesting.

Yes but that still doesnt seem to answer our question of "If someone surrenders are they bound to accept the victors conditions?" We are all worried about going to interact with the one who surrendered, and having them suddenly start fighting again while we lowered our guard.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on November 07, 2011, 03:56:29 AM
Yes but that still doesnt seem to answer our question of "If someone surrenders are they bound to accept the victors conditions?" We are all worried about going to interact with the one who surrendered, and having them suddenly start fighting again while we lowered our guard.

That was one my fears and that's why I forced my opponent swear a oath. Which works well with LG celestial good as geas almost. Expect if they do not decide then become fallen celestial on the spot by breaking holy word.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on November 07, 2011, 03:53:13 AM
Protection from good/evil ect prevents someone from directing control over you. It is not immunity to mind affecting abilities. Things like confusion would be unaffected. It does protect from suggestion, dominate, possession, magic jar ect. The effect swordwind described sounds more like "calm emotions" which is unaffected by protection from good. If you have mind blank somehow then you would be immune.

Well, no mind blank but a template granted immunity to all mind-affecting effects. Just wondering do I roll save or not.

Tagan

Hmm... you could always just do some subdual damage if you wanted to win and yet rape the loser afterwards.  And buy some manacles of course.

swordwind

Here I spend a second or so making a good old OOC and still the interest is where all of you go. Yes a will save is require. Hello btw to Tagan as well.

RabbitJanitor

Right, so Pale Enchantress, what I'm saying is, if your not going to come down to a level that gives my character even a little bit of a fighting chance, then just kill him and be done with it so I can make a new character and acutely involve myself in some combat, instead of trying to weasel my out of a no-win scenario such as the flying bane to all fighters you've made your character out to be.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: RabbitJanitor on November 07, 2011, 08:49:40 PM
Right, so Pale Enchantress, what I'm saying is, if your not going to come down to a level that gives my character even a little bit of a fighting chance, then just kill him and be done with it so I can make a new character and acutely involve myself in some combat, instead of trying to weasel my out of a no-win scenario such as the flying bane to all fighters you've made your character out to be.

Fly is just a simple 3rd level spell, quite a natural cast in this situation. I thought you wanted to actually surrender and skip the multiple rounds it would take me to kill you. I prepared more disables then damage spells.

PS: There is an ooc thread now.

Geeklet

Name: Dhaak Goreknuckle
Race: Half-Orc
Class: Barbarian 5/Fighter 4/Reaping Mauler 3
Photo or Appearance:
Background: Dhaak grew up among an orc tribe, though she was constantly looked down upon and belittled for only being a "half-blud." But when she was about ten or so, something snapped. Tired of being pushed around, she grabbed a nearby sword and threatened the other young orcs with it, determined to prove that even if she was "tainted" that she could still amount to something useful within the tribe. But the elders quickly stepped in, since no female orc was allowed to be a warrior, and thus, were not even allowed to handle the weapons of the tribe.

This didn't stop Dhaak, however. If they wouldn't let her fight with weapons, she'd learn to go without. So she trained herself. After many years of practice in secret, she brought her skills to those in charge, hoping to impress them. But Dhaak was in for a rude awakening. They were outraged. They claimed that Dhaak did not know her place within the tribe. She was given the choice of conforming, or being exiled. Dhaak knew she couldn't just sit around and be the good little den mother to the next generation, so she left.

But what is there for a Half-Orc out in the real world? Many feared her, just for what she was. Finding her way was tough, but, if people were going to react to her with fear, then she might as well put it to good use. So that is how she became a mercenary, and over time, her somewhat unorthodox technique helped to build up her reputation. As the reputation spread, she soon got offered a job that seemed almost too good to be true. It seemed easy enough. Just meet someone at a certain place in time. When she got there, however, there was this blinding light. Next thing she knew, she is fighting for her life in the arena. Ah well, killing is what she is good at. Might as well get down to business.

Character Sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=342818

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Geeklet on November 10, 2011, 07:21:50 PM
Name: Dhaak Goreknuckle
Race: Half-Orc
Class: Barbarian 5/Fighter 4/Reaping Mauler 3
Photo or Appearance:
Background: Dhaak grew up among an orc tribe, though she was constantly looked down upon and belittled for only being a "half-blud." But when she was about ten or so, something snapped. Tired of being pushed around, she grabbed a nearby sword and threatened the other young orcs with it, determined to prove that even if she was "tainted" that she could still amount to something useful within the tribe. But the elders quickly stepped in, since no female orc was allowed to be a warrior, and thus, were not even allowed to handle the weapons of the tribe.

This didn't stop Dhaak, however. If they wouldn't let her fight with weapons, she'd learn to go without. So she trained herself. After many years of practice in secret, she brought her skills to those in charge, hoping to impress them. But Dhaak was in for a rude awakening. They were outraged. They claimed that Dhaak did not know her place within the tribe. She was given the choice of conforming, or being exiled. Dhaak knew she couldn't just sit around and be the good little den mother to the next generation, so she left.

But what is there for a Half-Orc out in the real world? Many feared her, just for what she was. Finding her way was tough, but, if people were going to react to her with fear, then she might as well put it to good use. So that is how she became a mercenary, and over time, her somewhat unorthodox technique helped to build up her reputation. As the reputation spread, she soon got offered a job that seemed almost too good to be true. It seemed easy enough. Just meet someone at a certain place in time. When she got there, however, there was this blinding light. Next thing she knew, she is fighting for her life in the arena. Ah well, killing is what she is good at. Might as well get down to business.

Character Sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=342818

Id tell you all the terrible things I'm going to do to you but I'm hoping the DM knows better than to put us against each other.

swordwind

Your mighty DM does know better. For the time being PE I'll have to rack my brain to give you something to do. I know waiting about for something to do is rather annoying. Yet if our interest increased that wouldn't be to much of a problem... Ah well no time for advertising. Thank Geeklet for the character. I'll have something or someone to battle shortly.

Geeklet

Pffft, who says I won't be doing terrible things to you? May not seem like much, but once I get going, my char will have style. ;)

PaleEnchantress

Ahh I can appreciate style. You should take a look at what happened last time a fighter battled me. You know me well enough to know I'm magic obsessed.

swordwind