Superheroes, game systems, and hentia... Could it work?

Started by Muse, July 28, 2007, 12:32:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muse

Same here. 

I'm thinking of a  rocker gal with sound control powers, currently.  "Speed Metal Skald," maybe. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Dingo

I'm still dubbing between two character concepts.

One concept is a female cyborg scientist.

The other concept is a male telepath with a past as a villain (Elliquiy suitable villain), but is now working in the grey areas. Mainly because he learned that being a villain is too easy and that being a super hero is much harder. And he does like his challenges (as well as the fact that there's something about getting the girl without having to MAKE her)

RubySlippers

I always like Mystery Men so I was thinking the heroine with sort of below par powers in way over her head.

Zephraim

I'm right there with Rubyslippers.  Moderately powered game, sort of a street level game you might say and having a Mystery Men so of feel is fine by me.

I've got several ideas, will be PMing you some of them.
If only I had as much fun at my work as I work at my fun....

CaptainErotica

Okay so Mystery Menish feel with Erotic overtones.   In that case I'll lower the creation points to 40 + Challenges. I should havesomething definate ready by the start of next week.

Dingo

Damn.. and i was already very busy shuffling about stones to make the former villain telepath.

Stuff is expensive in this game system. And we're talking Marvel supers here.. they aren't that world shatteringly powerful already.

RubySlippers

I did find some information on the game thanks to the thread but can't make heads or tails of any of it. I won't be playing without rules I have access to and can refer to, and preferably easier to use.

What the hell is a Stone anyway and shy are some red and other white?  ??? ??? ??? ???

I suggest The Window game system its fairly complex but isn't crazy hard to understand. Just limit the number of larger dice and let the players figure out what power they want to stick there. Its better than this mess of a system I can't even access enough onformation on.

CaptainErotica

I can understand where you are coming from Ruby. The game system does look very confusing upon first glance. Most of that is because Marvel kept it in house and their writers obviously sucked at it. However, once you get the basics down you would be surprised at how easy it is. I will be posting some stuff once I finish writing it up, that should help alot.

I have a couple of reasons for wantign to use this system verses Windows or anotehr game system. the first is for the same reason you do not wish to play with this system. it is unfamiliar to you and is a bit hard to figure out at first. That becomes an even morei mportant factor when your the GM/ST. I have never ran a Windows game. I've read over the rules, but it just doesn't look like something I would be godo at runinng with.

The second reason is that thogh htey are in the majority there are some people who refuse to play in a game where dice is involved. This system is about as clsoe to freeform as you can get. No dice are involved.

Finally I chose this system because I honestly beleive that anyone who tries it will enjoy it. it is very versatile. You could run anything from D&D to Firefly/Serenity, Transformers, or even Football or Bloodbowl, if you wanted to.

Hopefully after you read future posts you will understand it better and decide to give it a go. Also anyone who wants me to can PM me with a description of your character what powers you see them with and how powerful(weak, moderate, high, etc) and an idea of which abilites to key on (ie- high strength, moderate agility, low inteligence, average durability, and super fast). Then I wil ldo up the character and if you like it fine. If not tell me what you don't like and we'll figure it out.

The System:

1) Stones-
     the game systems uses stones instead of dice. There are two types of stones, red and white with red stones being the main ones used. One white stone is equal to three red stones.

A character's health is equal to his Durability core in white stones. (So a Durabilty of four gives you four white stones of health).

A character's Energy is equal to three red stones for each white stoen of health. (using the above example four white stones of health give you twelve red stones of Energy.

Each action (melee combat, fire blast, flight, etc) has an action number. This is the max number of energy stones you can use for that action.(If your melee combat action score is 5 that means you could use up to five red energy stones on a melee attack.) Most actions also let you add a number of stones equal to one of your ability scores (Usualy agilty or strength. keepign with the example let's say you have melee combat of five. You chose your agilty abilty to be added to melee combat. your agility score is four. So you have up to nine stones max you can put into a melee attack each turn.)

After you decide how many stones to spend you must then decide how many to use for the attack and how many to shift into defense. (You place nine stones into your melee attack. You then decide to move four of them into defense. So now you have a five stone attack and a defense of four.) You are allowed to make up to two actions per panel(turn).

Any red stones of attack that exceed the targets defense, or diffiuclty rating  count as damage to the target. 1-3 red stones worth of damage cause one white stone of health. 4-6 causes two. etc.

At the end of every page(once eveyone has gone for the turn you recover red energy stones equal to yuor current health. So if you have four health you recover four red energy each turn). Some powers allow you to gain more than that, but that is the basics.

I Hope this helps. I'm workign on a few tutorials for charactercreatino and sample combat. i should have them done soon.

CaptainErotica

Sample Character Creation:

You begin with 40 white stones to create your character. Each white stone counts as 3 red stones. Here is breakdown of a smaple NPC I made.

Name: Sex Ninja

I wanted a ninja type character that used steel dildos and condoms as his main weapons. i also wanted him to be a sex fiend.

Looking at the abilities I see him being of average strength, speed and inteligence. So I give him  a score of 3 in each. Looking at the chart (I'll try and reproduce it later) I see it costs 1 white stone for a score of 3. So I subtract 3 white stones leaving me with 37. I want him to be near super human in agilty and slightly more durable than average but still within nomal human reach. So  give him an agilty of 6 which cost another 4 white stones. I give him a durabilty of 4 which normally cost 2 white stones, but because durabilty cost 3x the amount it cost me 6 instead for a total of 10 more white stones leaving me with 27. The character currently looks like this.

Strength:3
Agility:6
Inteligence:3
Speed:3
Durability:4
Health/Energy: 4/12

Next I decide to choose my actions. A character may have up to nine actions. I decide to take Ninja at a score of 3. Because Ninja is pretty powerfull it cost the score level +5. So at score 3 it wil lcost me as if it were score 8 which is 9 stones bringing me to 18 stones. Ninja lets me add either agility or strength so I choose agilty. It also lets me add a weapon modifier so I can use my didldo sword with it.

I see him fighting at range with exploding condoms. I take the Action Charged Objects at score 4.(this is the power gambit uses with his playin cards). This power is also pretty expensive at score +4. So again I buy it as if it were scoe 8. I subtract 9 poitns leavign me with 9.

I go with a social score of 3 for one additional point. I:m now down to 8 white stones left. Here is how he looks now.

ACTIONS:

Ninja 3 (Agility + weapon modifier or two weapon modifiers)

Charged Objects 4

Social 3

Now it's time to buy my modifeirs. I want him to have some natural defense so I give him a Reflexive dodge at score 5. It costs score +3 so I pay as if it were score 8. I subtract anotehr 9 poitns puttign me at 0.

I also want to but targeting at +2 and stil need to buy his didlo sword and exploding condoms. Good thing I can get more stones by addign challenges or disadvantages to soem of my powers. All characters must have at least one challenge anyways. I decide to finish buying my modifiers and then go back and make up the stones I need.

A +2 targeting cost score +4. A score of 6 cost 2 white stones. I'm now at -2 stones. i want both my swords and the condoms to be at +2. they also cost score +4. So I subtract 4 more stones putting me at -6 stones.

Looking at the listed challenges I try to find oneo r two that fit the character. You can also coem up with new ones if the GM allows it. I had already decided I wanted him to be a sex fiend so I take the minor psychological symptom -sexoholic for +1 stone. I decide that he had an affair with the Mayor's wife and so the Mayor is pretty pissed off. I give him a deadly enemy at a low rank for another stone. I decide he iscurrently dead broek which is worth another 2 stones. Looking through the list don't see anymore that I think fit, but I still need to coem up with 2 more stones.

I look at disadvantages for my powers. Again nothing realyl seems to fit. However, what if he could only use his charged objects with condoms. Granted I would be using them most of the tiem anyway, but what happens if  run out? Usually I could just pick up a rock and charge it. It seems to fit so Iask the GM if it will work as a 2 point disadvantage. He agrees under the added rule that he gets to decide how many condoms I tart each battle with. So here is my final character.

ACTIONS:

Ninja 3 (Agility + weapon modifier or two weapon modifiers)

Charged Objects 4 (may only charge condoms +2 stones)

Social 3

MODIFIERS:
Reflexiv Dodge 5
Targeting +2
3 ft steel dildo +2
condoms (+2 when charged)- limited suppl as detemiend by GM.

CHALLENGES:
Dead Broke (+2 stones)
Deadly enemy -mayor (+1 stone)
Psychological -Sexoholic (+1 stone)

Total stones used: 46

Hopefully that wasn't too hard to follow. Once I get the cost charts and power prices listed it should make more sense.

RubySlippers

Did you ever consider RISUS its 14 pages long... argggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!??????

(pulls her hair out)

Ok enough panting and raving. Now I suggest they shoot the game designers of that thing.

lol

I'll be taking a wait and see attitude but it seems pretty complicated.

CaptainErotica

Sorry Ruby, don't want to see youp ullign your hair out. I can't totally disagree with you about it looking complicated. When I first got the books it looked complicated to me too, but after making a few characters and finding a game for it online I realized how easy, versatile and fun it actualy was. if you scroll down to the game section for thel ink you can see the games in action. I will also have a sample combat post up soon. I'll take a look at RISUS and if it looks doable from my end I will let the players choose the system.

RubySlippers

RISUS is easy as hell but not exactly realistic. In their defense the site does have Superhero rules and a bunch of other options.

And whoever designed the super hero rules with the stones should be blasted by a Goblin Bomb. lol

CaptainErotica

LoL...you say that now. But, trust me it actually works out well. One thing I never realyll iked about dice rolls -especialyl when it comes to super heroes- is that one unlucky roll means that Superman could be KO'd by a lowly human thug. With this system that would be pretty much impossable unless the person playing Supes didn't put any effort (stones) into not getitng hit. It is kind of a bad example since Superman also had natural eefense out the ying yang, but hopefully you understand the point. With the stone system your success and failure depends completely on how much effort your willing ot put into it, verses how much your target is willing to put in to his effort. You also have to gauge whether or not to go all out and hope you can take them out with one shot or keep soem energy in reserve for a longer fight.

CaptainErotica

Here is an example of how to post actions and the like. In the example Phosphorus(the hero) has jumped over a fence and stumbled upon a small group of Hellions trying to snatch a woman's purse.

Current Stats:

Phosphorus-
Health- 3
Energy-9

Hellion Gunner-
Health 2
energy 6

Hellion Slammer-
Health 1
Energy 3

Hellion Slicer-
Health 1
Energy 3

Round 1:

Phosphorus has the highest agilty and goes first, followed by the Gunner, Slicer, and lastly the Slammer.

Since they are in Close Combat Phosphorus calls into being his flaming sword and attacks the Slammer. He uses 2 Stones of Close combat +4  stones for the sword(general pool). He then moves 2 of the stones into defense giving him 4 stones of Close combat with 2 stones of defense + 4 stones of toughness for a total of 6 defense.

The Gunner moves back a bit into Ranged Combat. He fires at the hero with 2 stones of Ranged Combat +2 more for his Shotgun. He decides not to put any stones into defense giving him A 4 stone ranged Attack and a 0 stone defense.

The Slicer moves in an slices with his knife. He uses 2 stone of Close Combat +1 Stone for the knife. He moves 1 Stone into defense giving him a 2 stone Close combat and 1 stone of defense.

The slammer swings his sledge hamemr at the heroes dome. He decides to finish off this punk quickly and puts 3 stones into Close Combat +2 stones for the weapon. He moves 1 stone into defense leaving him with 4 stones of close combat and 1 stone for defense.

Phosphorus swings at the Slammer. His 4 stones defeat the slammer's 1 stone of defense and so the attack damages the slammer dealing 3 white stones of damage. The slammer crumples to the ground before he can land his blow.

The gunner open up with his shotgun. His 4 stones of Ranged combat are not enough to defeat the heroes 6 stones of defense. The slug bounces harmlessly off of Phosphorus' armored chest.

The slicer tries to slash at the heroes arm with his knife, but his 2 stones of Close Combat don't even come close to defeating the heores 6 stones of defense. Phosphorus swats the puny knife away and shakes his head at the Slicer pointing to the downed Slammer.

End of the panel:
Phosphorus regenerates the 2 stones he spent last panel.

The gunner regens the 2 stones he spent on his ranged attack.

The Slicer regens 1 stone also.

Time to move on to the next panel.

Okay now lets look at how to write it up in character:

GM:    Phosphorus lands easily on the other side of the fence. Unfortunately he lands right in the middle a group of Hellions fixing to rob one of Paragon's Damsels in distress. The leader of the group turns toward you and issues orders to his minions.
    "Look who decided to drop in boys. Let's teach this Freak a lesson!"
    One of the thugs moves toward you with a knife the other a sledge hammer. The leader begins backing out of Close Combat range.

*GM decides how many stones to put inot his actions, but keeps it to himself for now*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Phosphorus: Not overly surprised to see the thugs I Retort as I form my BLazing Blade, "Yes, come teach the freak lesson."
   As the thug with the hammer raises it above his head I Slash him across the chest.

Using 2 stones of Close Combat combined with 4 stones from my weapon. Move ing 2 stones into Defense.

OOC:
Close Combat: 4
Defense: 8 (2 stones +6 toughness)

CaptainErotica

Another fine example from the linked site. I highly recomend reading Dorkknights posts. He has alot of useful stuff.

Wolverine: “Listen up, you maggots! You may think your high-fallutin’ mutant powers give you the edge over everyone else in a fight, fair or unfair, but don’t you go thinkin’ that just yet! If you can’t scrap worth a damn and learn to take your licks, you’ll be left out in the cold with The Fabulous Frog-Man and the Hypno-Hustler. And, if anyone can teach you to be the best at what you do, it’s me. But, talkin’ ain’t exactly my strong suit, so I had to bring in some help…”

Beast: “That would be me. Doctor Henry McCoy, at your service.”

Wolverine: “Save it, Beast. Let’s get this over with, my jaws are hurtin’ already.”

Part 1: Who’s On First?

Wolverine: “Let’s start easy. You can’t go through combat unless you know when to hit. Hitting first is sometimes more important than hittin’ at all, and if you’re fast enough. How do you go first? Well, if you’re quick enough on your toes, you can get the drop on your opponent, then do it!”

Beast: “Basically, whoever has the highest Agility score goes first in terms of resolving their actions. Certain individuals, like Quicksilver, use their speed to determine their order in initiative. You too can gain this advantage by paying an extra white stone for your speed.”

Wolverine: “Yeah, what he said.”

Part 2: Ability Bonus, Weapon Modifiers, and Combat Modifiers, Oh My!

Wolverine: “Combat isn’t just simple hitting one guy and getting hit back, there’s strategy to it, too. You can just bareknuckle it and use your raw power to overwhelm your opponent, or you can use a weapon, like Cap America and his damned shield, or you can do what I do best,“ *snikt* “Go in with claws a-blazin’”

Beast: “Like Logan said, you have three options: using an ability bonus, a weapon modifier, or close combat modifiers. An ability bonus may be very effective if you have a high ability score and the energy to use it, but a weapon modifier allows you free stones in combat, which may help low-energy characters in combat situations. A combat modifier can be combined with combat irregardless of it using an ability bonus or weapon modifier: the Claws modifier is one such modifier for Close Combat; Targeting is a similar modifier for Ranged Combat (although, it’s limited to half the weapon modifier of the ranged combat weapon being used.) Close Combat comes with the choice to use either an ability bonus or a weapon modifier. Ranged Combat comes with just a weapon modifier.“

Wolverine: “Slow down, Hank, you’re makin’ my head hurt…”

Part 3: Resolving Damage

Beast: “Now, the cornerstone of this system: the Action Resolution System is built purely around, discerning damage. Damage is based on multiples of three. Your attack is compared to your opponents success, if your attack is greater than his defense, you do damage. This number (Attack minus Defense) is used to determine how much damage you do in terms of your opponent’s white stones of health. This is based on multiples of three, so if you do 1 to 3 red of damage, you remove 1 of your opponents white stones of health, 4 to 6 red of damage takes away 2 of your opponents white stones, and so on. But, beware, if you don’t shift enough stones into defense, your opponent’s attack could succeed and he’ll end up damaging you.”

Wolverine: “Yeah. Wait…what?”

Beast: “If you get through their defenses, you hurt them. The same is true of your opponents.”

Wolverine: “Oh, yeah, I like the sound of that…”

Beast: “Luckily, we have some pre-prepared footage to show you of the proper way to manage combat.”

Example Combat #1: Gambit vs. The Blob

Wolverine: “Aww, hell, not the Cajun…”

Beast: “Wait, Logan.”

GM: Okay, Gambit, you’re checking out the back of the warehouse, and you see The Blob sneaking out from the other corner. Neither of you spotted each other until just now. You practically jump out of your skin! How do you handle the situation?

Gambit’s PC: Damn! How far away is he?

GM: About 10 feet.

Gambit’s PC: Ok, and I’m back on full energy right?

GM: Yeah, you recovered from the last panel’s use of Thieving.

Gambit’s PC: Excellent. Ok, I need to make some distance between myself and the big lug: I’m going to put 2 into speed to get away from the Blob. 1 to move away at speed 2, and 1 shifted to defense. On top of that, I’m going to throw a card at Blob, putting the rest of my stones into Charge Object.

GM: Are you sure you can do that?

Gambit’s PC: Yeah, pretty sure. I bought that Agility bonus with Charge Object, so I can put in up to my full total of 9, but I’m still spending those 2 to move away. So, I’ll put 7 stones into Charge Object. Ha! And you told me not to buy that Agility bonus to Charge Object!

GM: (rolls eyes) Right… Okay, let’s figure this out. You put 1 stone to move at speed 2, and 1 into defense, and 7 stones into charge object. You’re throwing one of your playing cards at the Blob?

Gambit: Right.

GM: Ok, that’s a +1 weapon modifier. So, you’re getting a +8 attack total, against the Blob.

Gambit: Double damage, don’t forget the double damage!

GM: I won’t…Oh, and you get a +2 defense, 1 from the speed, and 1 from your Kevlar.

Wolverine: “I hate GM’s like that.”

Beast: “Okay, now the GM is figuring out stone allocations for Blob, which the GM does since the Blob is an NPC. The Blob is at full energy as well, and Gambit’s currently in Close Combat range, so the GM decides the big lug’s going to try and hit Gambit as hard as he can. He puts 8 stones of Close Combat towards Gambit, none in defense, and that’s his only action for the panel. But remember, Blob has toughness +4 that nullifies armor penetration and the 2x damage from firearms. Also, remember that Gambit’s Agility is 3, 2 points higher than the Blob’s agility of 1.”

Wolverine: “Can’t wait to see how this turns out.”

GM: Okay, Blob motions to take a swipe at you, but you move beforehand, spoiling his action, since you made a mad dash away, your quick reflexes allowing you to rush a sizeable distance away, as you throw your playing cards at the big lug. You hurt him pretty hard. He’s still standing, but he’s been hurt.

Beast: “Gambit’s attack of 7 stones gets 3 stones through Blob’s Defense of 4, and since he has…”

Gambit’s PC: Don’t forget about the double damage!

GM: I didn’t…

Beast: “Double damage, he does 6 stones of damage, which ends up being 2 white stones of health, dropping the Blob’s health to 4. Okay, here’s the beginning of the next panel.”

GM: What’s your next move, Gambit?

Gambit’s PC: Okay. I’m going to whip out my quarterstaff.

Wolverine: “Sigh…”

GM: Okay. You regenerate 3 stones this panel, how are you going to spend them?

Gambit’s PC: I’m going to put 2 stones into close combat, and put all of my stones, including my weapon modifier, into defense. Can I do that?

GM: Yep. So, that’s 2 plus 3 from the weapon mod, plus 1 from the Kevlar, so that’s a +6 defense. And you saved 1 red stone.

Beast: “Now, it’s the GM’s turn to figure out the Blob’s actions. He has only 4 health now, so he regenerates only 4 energy, putting his total energy to 14; had he not been injured, he would have regenerated 6 stones. The Blob decides to pick up a trash can and throw it at Gambit, using ranged combat. The GM puts 2 stones into Ranged Combat, and gives the Blob a +1 weapon modifier for throwing the trash can at Gambit, for a +3 attack total. He also puts 1 into speed to move speed 1 (the Blob’s max, as can be seen on the D&R chart) over towards him.”

GM: Okay, you drop to the defensive using your Quarterstaff. The Blob throws a trashcan, but you deflect it expertly, as he moves closer and closer to you. It looks like he’s still got plenty of fight in him. Okay, regenerate, what’s your action this panel?

Gambit’s PC: Not for long! I regenerate 3 stones this panel, so now I’m up to 4 stones. I’m going to put all of those into Charge Object, and throw a charged spike at Blob. That’s a +2 weapon modifier.

GM: So that would be a…+6 attack, total, against the Blob.

Wolverine: “Kid’s makin’ a mistake…”

Gambit’s PC: Wait, I change my mind! Is it too late.

Wolverine: “He might be learnin’ something after all…”

GM: Almost. Why?

Gambit’s PC: I’m going to put 3 into Charge Object, and 1 into speed, to keep the distance between me and tall, dark, and rotund over there. So it’s a just +5 attack.

GM: Okay. If you had told me after I allocated my stones I wouldn’t allow it. Glad you caught me on a nice day.

Beast: “The GM plays the Blob as he should: big, dumb, and headstrong. He regenerates 4 more stones, putting his energy reserve at 17. He spends 1 stone to move (Blob presumes) into close combat range with Gambit, and puts 12 stones into Close Combat. Were that to hit, it would do 10 red stones of damage to Gambit [10 stones getting past Gambit’s 2 defense,] which would end up being 4 white stones of health, more than enough to take our good friend Gambit out of the fight.”

GM: Okay, thanks to some last minute maneuvering, you outrun the Blob, and throw your charged spike at him. You injure him even further. Is there any way of taking down this guy?

Beast: “The 1 stone of damage that gets through is…that’s right, doubled, but 1 red and 2 red both equal one white of health, which is what the Blob loses. He’s now at 3 health, the same as Gambit.“

[FAST FORWARD…]

Wolverine: “What the hell?”

Beast: “Time’s a factor, I’m afraid. Can’t keep these kids beyond the 50 minutes. Okay, a few agonizing panels pass (3 panels, to be precise.) Gambit keeps dodging and outmaneuvering Blob, barely, while saving a single red of his regenerated 3 every panel, and Blob is using up all his energy. As of this point, Gambit is at 6 energy, and Blob is at 3.“

GM: Can we get on with this, or should I start composing my will?

Gamibt’s PC: I’m getting to it, I’m getting to it… I regenerate 3 more red, that puts me at 6.

GM: And, let me guess…1 into speed, and 1 into Close Combat with your weapon modifier, all 4 stones shifted to defense?

Gambit’s PC: No, it’s better than that. I’m going to throw a card.

GM: Oh, thank God.

Gambit’s PC: All 6 stones are going into Ranged Combat.

GM: Ok…

Beast: “The GM decides to spend Blob’s last 3 energy for this panel. He puts 3 into Close Combat, none shifted to defense.”

GM: You throw your card at Blob as he closes, and it hits him, hard. He staggers, he’s on the ropes. He finally gets a good shot at you, and he lucks out, and hits you. You lose 1 white of health.

Beast: “Gambit just lost a health, and is down to 2, but his doubled damage does another 2 white of health, knocking Blob to his last white of health.”

Gambit’s PC: Ouch! Well, I guess it’s now or nothing. I regenerate 2 into Close Combat, and put it all into attack, using my Quarterstaff’s +3 weapon modifier.

Wolverine: “Kid has class.”

GM: Okay.

Beast: “The GM puts the Blob’s last red stone into close combat to try to hit Gambit again.”

GM: You charge the Blob, you smack him with your quarterstaff, and…he’s down, he’s down!

Beast: “Instead of losing his last stone, Blob opts to be knocked out for 2 panels. Oh, did I mention you can opt to be knocked out a number of panels equal to twice the damage you take instead of taking damage? You can.”

Wolverine: "Real smooth, furball..."

Gambit’s PC: Jeez, that took longer than I thought, how long was that…

GM: Um…let me check…8 panels, about 4 minutes.

Gambit’s PC: Woo! No wonder I’m tired, that’s quite a workout. I’d better check to make sure Scott and Jean are ok…

Conclusion

Logan: “Did you all get that?”

Beast: “Okay, to sum up:
1) highest agility (or, in some cases, speed) goes first. You can use this to your advantage to keep out of close combat range, like Gambit did fighting the Blob.
2) Ability bonuses: stones you spend to combine with Close Combat.
Weapon modifiers: free stones, but you don’t get the ability bonus usually.
Combat modifiers: combine with close and ranged combat directly. Two examples are Claws and Targeting for close and ranged combat especially. Remember: Targeting only covers up to double the weapon modifier used in ranged combat.
3) Damage: Stones of attack – stones of defense, if this number is positive, you lose health.
1-3 red = 1 white of health, 4-6 red = 2 white, 7-9 red = 3 white, etc."

Logan: “Okay, I hope you kids took good notes, ‘cuz I’m not good at repeatin’ stuff, and you’re going to have to remember it for the pop quiz…”

BRRING!

Logan: “Remember to memorize the D&R chart for next week’s lesson!”

There’s a lot more to discuss regarding combat, but this is a nice, basic, tutorial.

RubySlippers

Head blows up. BOOM!!!!!  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

The people that designed this mess should get their own place in Gamer Hell!!!  >:(

A game should be fun and I'm never going to get this, NO FUN!!!! NO FUN!!! NO FUN!!!

(grabs a various mix of stones of red and white and whatever other colors and tosses them at Robguy  :D)

Dingo

Let's see if I can give you a short version with a lot less rules talk.

With stones you buy attributes and abilities going by the name of actions, that the first time stones are used. Purely for character creation.

The Durability attribute determines your health as well as how much "energy" you have and regenerate. Energy is very much like fatigue.

---

Now to the real short explanation. The use of any ability costs energy. You can spend up to your action number of energy in an action. This determines the "effectiveness" of the action. (Of course as in most roleplaying games there are many exceptions here, but this is the gist of it)

The trick with combat is that it occurs at the same time. It only resolves in order of action numbers. So you must juggle your energy between offense and defense.

And now the revelation: energy is what the makers of the book call stones. (Well and your health too).

CaptainErotica

Pretty good summary there Dingo.

*laughs trying to dodge the hail of stones*

I wish I could disagree with you Ruby, but I agree Marvel had no clue when they tried to explain the rules. Reminds me of someone else I know. However, the system itself is very fun and esy to work with once you get use to it.

I'm not going to switch game systems for just one person -sorry Ruby. Plus at least one pwerson already went and found themselves the rulebook and I'd hate to think they picked it up for a lost cause. That said, no one else has really chimed in on this one so I do not know how popular it is. Anyone who is interested in the game please post here and vote on whether to use this game system or something like Window or RISUS.

Dingo

Okay, chiming in.

Marvel: The system works, it's easy. Character creation is hard, but for that you can always use the Storyteller. Oh, and it doesn't use dice.

Risus: While it certainly has it charms, I don't think it can be used for anything serious.

Windows: Don't know it. And at this time I don't want to learn it.

So with this my vote goes for Marvel.

(That is, if we are going with the "serious" superhero game who end up in hentai situations.)

CaptainErotica

I plan having a mix of real threats (think Dr. Doom, onslaught, magneto) and the erotic (Sex Ninja, Major Guns, Dominatrix).

Muse

I'm still intrested, though I prefered the 50 point level, I think... 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Dingo

Zephraim

Still interested myself.  I know the old Marvel System inside and out, but not this one.  Figured I would just describe my character and give him to the GM for building.  I'll just RP as well as I can and hope he can figure out what I mean to do until I catch on to how the system works.  :D

As to points, since I have no idea what effective level 40 or 50 points happens to be and I saw the fated name of Doctor Doom earlier, I would suggest 50 might be the way to go.

Hmmm, erotic characters as Heroes.  I hadn't actually considered them, but here's a few.

The Mighty Gung!;  Last true master of the ancient Rod of Steel and Iron Stones techniques.
Dairy Queen; gadgeteering master (or Mistress if not gay) of scrumptious treats
Vibra-Tor; alien prince stranded upon Earth, manipulator of physical harmonics
Orgasm Lad; of age, but young looking sidekick to some other erotic hero or heroine

:D  8)
If only I had as much fun at my work as I work at my fun....

Dingo

I think the idea was to have serious heroes who end up in erotic situations....

RubySlippers

Ok I gues the GM can do the character too its not like she will want to do much. lol

She is on the team to get pussy not actually fight if she can avoid it. lol