League of Legends: Nightmares of Valoran

Started by SargentToughie, August 15, 2012, 06:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SargentToughie

First question: Do you know what League of Legends is? Do you know the lore behind it?

never heard of it
Watch this video.
LORE - League of Legends Lore in a Minute!

Congratulations! You now have all the information required to participate in this RP on a basic level. More information helps, but this is all you need.

Would I have clicked on the interest check if I didn't?
This RP will be taking place just as much OFF of the Fields of Justice as ON them. There will be randomly generated scrimmages for funsies, and you'll have plenty of time to set up dramatic events both in combat and out of it. The early story will focus mostly on the political tensions between Demacia and Noxus, and start to get more and more out of hand as time goes on. Playing as canon characters is permitted, with certain exceptions.

Characters who are off limits for plot reasons
Jarvan IV
Swain
Kassadin
Malzahar
Ryze
Cho'Gath
Kog'Maw

Characters who are VERY LIKELY to be significant to plot, but are not off limits
Anybody explicitly enlisted in the militaries of either Demacia or Noxus
Riven
Jax
Tryndamere (and by proxy Ashe, and BY PROXY OF THAT, Sejuani)
Anybody not listed that I may or may not come up with a cool set piece for.

Characters  that I would personally like to control, but would give up if another person wants them
Ezreal
Vayne
Shyvana

Now, with that cleared up, read on about the actual mechanics of the RP. The only thing I ask if you decide to play as a canon character is that you be faithful to that character's personality and background. Riven, for example, won't be shagging up with Darius any time in the near future.

Now then, this is what you wanna know about the RP, and how it actually works. It will be totally freeform, however, there will be plenty of time for both character development and interactions, as well as combat scenes where you're allowed a bit of action. The plot will slowly and progressively thicken over time, so please be patient. I'm doing it this way so that none of the 'bad apples' that every Elliquiy RP gets without fail won't be involved in any major plot events, thus snowballing the entire RP into ruin. Bad apples is my really nice way of saying "People who post in the interest check and list characters, but never post in the IC... ever".

That brings me to my next point of discussion: posting schedules. I'm an extremely laid back GM, trust me, I really am. However, I'm sick of entire RPs being ruined simply because people fall off the face of the earth without being held accountable for their roles. As such, I request that you post at least once per week. If you haven't posted in a week, you get a warning. Ignore the warning, and 3 days later, you're out of the RP. That's NOT an unreasonable request, I don't think. I just want for everybody to have fun and not be held up because of one person. If too many people don't respond and the RP dies, fine, at least it was a group effort instead of one person that caused the failure. :D

FAQs (before they're asked)

Q: Will it be freeform? Or will you have a system for the combat?
A: Apparently you didn't read the rant above. XD. It's 100% freeform, even in combat. However, I will be expecting players to keep some sense of realism within their posts. Any explicit god-modeing or moving other people's characters will warrant a slap on the wrist, followed by greater punishments by repeat offenders.

Q: Canon characters allowed? OC characters allowed?
A: Both. Knock yourself out. If you're asking for canon characters, then that meant that you saw the list in the second spoiler box, and you already likely have an idea of who you wanna play as anyway.

Q: I've never played this game, can I still take part?
A: Yup. You might be a little confused from time to time, but I wanna keep this open to as many people as possible, and I'll describe events and characters as though you're seeing them for the first time in this RP. I'm not too big on most of the LoL lore myself, so I'm making up about 95% of the story right off the cuff. If you wanna be on the same lore level as me, just read the biographies of the major characters that I introduce and you're done.

Q: Where's the character sheet outline?
A: There isn't one yet, I'm just checking to see if anybody's interested right now.

tl;dr
Oh come on... the thread wasn't THAT long. Read it, lemme know what you think and if you're interested, and we can start getting a few things thrown together. With that, have a nice day, and happy RPing.
-Toughie
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

Revelation

I've got to admit i'm interested at the moment. Would probably want to play an OC, and I would want to have a bit of time to try and craft a relatively decent 'original champion', without them being a mary sue or just uninteresting. Hopefully, a tentative interest post isn't against the spirit of the thread.

For a bit more information, I was thinking perhaps a Noxian soldier who was involved in the Noxus/Ionian War - having been mortally injured on the field of battle but found and tended to by an Ionian priestess. Went Awol to marry her - Though she was murdered by fellow Ionians so as to 'protect the purity' of Ionia. Perhaps fights in the fields of justice for her memory - maybe to try and foster peace between both nations. Maybe he fights because he feels he has little left. or maybe he fights for reasons known only to himself.  But I would hope thats an interesting or at least not bland idea.

SargentToughie

That sounds like it would be rather interesting, though I suppose you'd have to find some pretty extreme Ionians who don't much appreciate what happened in the war to make it work. Irellia would not approve, at the very least.

I just wish you weren't the only one that has shown interest so far. :(
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

Revelation

Certainly Irelia wouldn't, but 'extreme' Ionians aren't unheard of. IE: Varus.

Who knows! Maybe it was Noxian saboteurs before Ionia was libterated. Or maybe he doesn't actually know who killed her! An unsolved mystery.

...Though yeah, some enthusiasm from others'd be a welcome sight.

SargentToughie

Ugh, I keep spelling Irelia's name with two Ls... it bothers me. And I actually only just barely glanced over Varus' biography when he first came out. He was a 1st day buy for me, since he seemed like the second Coming of Ezreal (a skillshot oriented AD carry that focused more on player skill to make big plays happen then simple right clicking)... until I realized that he had all the mobility of Kog'Maw with none of the damage, and he became benched.

Still, I love drawing him up in ARAM, he's awesome on proving grounds.
Ons and offs

Ryven

How many players are you planning on this game to be?  I might be interested in playing Vladimir.

Revelation

Just as a random Tangent I love Varus. His problem is just that he's very balanced. He doesn't melt people like Kog or Vayne come late game, and he lacks the strengths of Ez or Ashe. He just needs a faster ultimate spread.

....But tangent aside, I think i'll hammer out the finer notes of my character once we get a bit more interest, and I can see some more people gunning for the game as well. As is, I do have a tangible personality for him however. Just... 'skills' and such will be the hardest.

Shjade

Quote from: Changingsaint on August 16, 2012, 07:44:21 PM
Just as a random Tangent I love Varus. His problem is just that he's very balanced. He doesn't melt people like Kog or Vayne come late game, and he lacks the strengths of Ez or Ashe. He just needs a faster ultimate spread.

His biggest problem is that he has no CC. When you only do average damage over time rather than burst damage you can unload all at once, you really need something to keep a target in range for longer than just a second or two. His only method of doing that is to blow his only escape mechanism at the same time, which generally isn't wise unless you're guaranteed to be safe doing it.

Vlad and Morde have a fair amount in common when it comes to strengths/weaknesses.

Edit: Oop, forgot this was the RP interest thread and not the discussion thread. xD Ahem. So the focus plot-wise is on outside-League Demacia/Noxus politics? Does that mean more or less uninvolved champions would be...well, uninvolved? For instance: Anivia.

Edit #2: why did I think Changingsaint said Vlad instead of Varus. O.o
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

SargentToughie

@ post 1: as many people that want to join are able to, I'm not in a position where I can turn people away yet. XD

@ Post 2: Varus is a lot of fun, but I don't think he's in a good position as far as summoner's rift is concerned. Dominion may be a different story though, where he has ferocious poke and is able to defend points quite well. His ult is also specifically designed around changing the outcome of 3v3 or 2v2 team ganks, a gameplay mechanic that Dominion consists of nothing but. I'll try him out sometime and get back to you.

@ post 3: Yeah, I agree completely, and that's a weakness that he's able to ignore in proving ground, where escaping from a fight doesn't mean very much. As for Demacia/Noxus politics being the focus of the story? Well, let's just say that people not otherwise involved will WANT to get involved as things get more and more out of hand.
Ons and offs

Lizzah

Hi guys! This roleplay actually caught my eye pretty fast when I was scrolling through the list. I've never been in any League of Legends roleplays before, it would be cool to try out. :3 I hope that this roleplay isn't too full for me to join.

And also, I have a few ideas of which character I want to roleplay as (because I take it we're doing canon characters). I was thinking that I might want to play Katarina. :D Looking forward to a reply whenever you see this, Sargent. ^^
"We are going to get along just like firehoses; when we're turned on, there's bound to be flames.~"

Lizzah's O/O list

Siereis

Sorta a lame question, but I was curious all the same - how sexual can we expect this RP to be and in what context? (like would it be solely be between players, or would there be NPC interaction as well?  Example: minions decide to gangbang a fallen champion.)  If this post is entirely out of line with what you were planning on doing, forgive me for being 'bold' in my question.  Also, I am not looking for a purely sexual RP, but at the same time I don't want to join an RP just to find out later it was rated PG.

SargentToughie

@Lizzah: Katarina's open, but we're allowing for original characters as well, go for it. :D

@Siereis: Don't worry, there will be sexual content in the RP, but I'll likely be servicing the plot first and foremost. A minion gangbang should be possible if you really want it to happen, I'll pull a few strings and set a few things up to arrange it properly for you.
Ons and offs

Siereis

Awesome! Once again, that is not necessarily the only sexual content I like (though certainly a turn on), it is just something a little more odd that I wanted to get a judgement call on to see how far you would think the RP would go.  Regardless, expect my character later tonight.

Nekogirl Kate

So, I've been thinking of playing either Janna, or Morganna. Just wondering if that'd be ok?

Keala Mensha Khaine

This is something that I also would be rather interested in! It would be quite fun to stomp around as Cho'Gath I must admit, but might have to think of a fun story behind that. If not, there are others! Still have room/looking?

SargentToughie

Sure, go ahead. If they're not on the list above, they're totally free and available.
Ons and offs