Scion: The garden of silver roses

Started by Brandon, October 12, 2007, 02:17:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandon

Before recorded history the world was ruled over by the Titan's however after eon's of their tyranny the gods rose up and began a war with the Titans. This war raged for eon's but eventually the Titan's and their tyrrany were cast down, imprisoned within a single iron spire at the center of the Underworld.

No one knows how but eventually the iron pillar broke, shattering into inumberable peices that were cast around the underworld and the terrible beasts that had been trapped stepped out into the realm of the dead. This time they bided their time becoming the progenetor's of countless powerful beings before ascending to the overworld to begin their war against the Gods who had imprisoned them. The end of the war nears and now the gods must turn to their own children, the Scion's of the world, as they did in ancient times to protect the world from the titanspawn.

All the gods remember the last death of a Titan, that of the killing blow when Odin beheaded the Titan Ymir, father and lord of the frost giants. Yet what they remember clearer is how his lifes blood spilled into the sea and how that event thrust the world into an ice age. One can only guess at the outcome if other Titans like Cronos, Yamata no Orochi, or Surtr were slain thus each pantheon has spent the last twenty years searching for a new way to imprison the Titans. Recently Amaterasu, mother of the the Amatsukami (japanese pantheon) has come forward, remembering a Kitsune who kept endless amounts of lore aquired over the epochs. It has been the only sliver of hope that has presented itself since they began looking and now the gods once again turn to their children, their mission to find this Kitsune and acquire her assistance in constructing a new prison for their Nemisis.

You are the Scion's that have been chosen...

-------------------------------

This is obviously a Scion: Hero adventure that I finished writing earlier this week. So I would like to know who is interested in a Scion game full of danger, Social interaction, and puzzle solving?

Note: If you dont have the material and want to participate I can provide it
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Muse

*pounce!* 

Ooh!  Me, me!  Pick me! 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Simon

I got a scion of Thor that could be interested in this...

Brandon

I should mention that Ill be doing 2 house rules for this game. The first regards legend. Im not going to make people spend experience for legend. Instead you will gain legend based on the accomplishments that people know about. If you sneak in and kill a bunch of cultsists so quietly that no one ever hears of it, thats not going to contribute to raising your legend. However if you appear on national TV and convince the country that a fierce battle over the streets of new york with a massive Titanspawn was really just a movie being filmed then that will be worth some legend. Its all about who knows of your accomplishments.

The other rule involves favored powers and has 2 parts to it. If you choose a god that has less then 6 associated powers youll be able to choose a number of additional associated powers up to 6 as long as they arent to far out there (Ares isnt going to have access to the fertility purview, although I could see Epic dexterity or something like that). Likewise if your god has more then 6 associated powers you must choose 6 of them and the rest are counted as non-associated for experience/bonus point expenditure. This allows an equal footing between the gods with more and less associated powers.
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Muse

So what legend will we be starting at?  And will we be experienced charecters? 

Brandon

Nope, freshly born Scion's. you can spend bonus points to get up to Legend 3 if you want but no higher at character creation

I would still like 2 or 3 more players though

Muse

So how much and what sort of adult content should I keep in mind as I make my charecter? 

Brandon

All things considered itll be pretty light, I think the worst planned scene is walking into a bondage club while going to deal with somone but it doesnt plan for any sexual interaction there (although if players want to partake with eachother Im fine with that as well)

Simon

Lucky me... with epic stamina I can keep going and going and going... all female's dream ;)

Brandon

*chuckles* having looked back over some mythology I noticed a slight mistake in my writeup. It was Odin that killed Ymir, not thor. Fixed it though  :P

Brandon

Theres gotta still be some people out there that are interested in some adventure. Come on people, dont be shy!

LordAnubis

I am most intrested, and I have a Scion of Artemis from a game that just got closed irl.  Course with only legend 3 he won't be as fun.  10 shinobi were swinging on him and they still couldn't hit him.  DV 11 before legend was spent to buff up.

Xerial

I so need to get my hands on the Scion rules...

LordAnubis

Couple questions, just because of the way the dice work.

Do you intend to use the dice here or something else for dice rolling?
Any plans on handling stunting without having to do a back and forth to cover a dice roll?
Finally, how fast do you think we'll be posting?

Only asking in the event you've got a plan already or someone else has ideas.  Only thing I came up with was posting DV's for the villians so people would know if they had extra successes to add to damage, but it does take a little mystery out of it.

Lanzlo

Hmmm, sounds interesting. Don't have the Scion book, but I may have access to one. Count me in.

Brandon

Quote from: LordAnubis on October 16, 2007, 12:12:22 AM
Couple questions, just because of the way the dice work.

Do you intend to use the dice here or something else for dice rolling?
Any plans on handling stunting without having to do a back and forth to cover a dice roll?
Finally, how fast do you think we'll be posting?

Only asking in the event you've got a plan already or someone else has ideas.  Only thing I came up with was posting DV's for the villians so people would know if they had extra successes to add to damage, but it does take a little mystery out of it.

This is all pretty much stuff that I have not decided on yet.

Elliquiy does have a dice roller that works (last time I checked) and while it is not configured to handle specific systems I think itll be fine once we get used to using it

As far as the system goes I think its fine for the players to handle all internal bonuses/penaltys and after the rolls are made having myself apply the external ones and explaining what happened and why. This may or may not work but its the best Idea I have right now.

As far as posting rate, thats highly variable and dependant on the rest of the group. Its not something I can comment on at this time but I would like the minimum time to move things to be no more then a week (7 days)

Simon

I'm in... if that hasn't been clear so far.

Jefepato

I do love a good Scion game, but I'd like some idea of what others are doing first so I don't end up making a redundant character (which, in Scion, is all too easy).

Jefepato

Perhaps, but there are only so many Abilities to go around for the Epic Intelligence duo to play with.

And really, what Band in the history of Scion has had two people who even wanted Epic Intelligence in any serious quantity?  (Okay, I've seen it happen once, but that was a demigod-level game with something like 10 PCs.)

Jefepato

2 dots represents a significant investment into an Epic Attribute at the Hero level, though...and outside of the three learning/teaching Knacks, there's almost never any reason to have a second person with Epic Intelligence.  It's more likely to breed niche-related resentment than it is to do any good.

More broadly speaking, the biggest problem with Scion is that there aren't many different areas of focus that are actually useful.  White Wolf seems to think Boons are totally awesome and everyone should take lots, but in practice nobody really wants to play a Boon-monkey.

And to be honest, looking over the thread it seems like there are already way more than enough players, so I probably shouldn't bother.

Jefepato

Don't be ridiculous.  You were here first, I'm also in a lot of games, and frankly there are too many players even without you.

LordAnubis

As a note I've seen the due epic intelligence happen in a game with six people but that is because you can bump someone up a number of dots for free, because of the halving and halving again if they have it.

Provided I'm in the game I'll be going for one of the greek pantheon and split myself between a form of combat, not sure which but won't be marksmanship, and becoming a living polygraph.  Strench of guilt and takes one to know one are a very annoying combo.

Brandon

Well the list is Muse, Simon, Lord Anubis, Lanzo as confirmed. Then the Priority goes Xerial, josh, and Jefapto in that order. Im only taking 5 people for this one and no I dont plan on doing Prologues, it works for World of darkness supernaturals but not so well for Scion and Exalted

Brandon

Ive already given the rules to those that were interested and lacking them. Mainly why I bumped you so far down on the list was because you seemed wishy washy while others confirmed their interest.