What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khanken

Having nightmares is a gift. It means your creative mind is really working to process the unique information it has been harrowed by. Yes, I love scary, creepy stuff. I'm a freak. And Dead Space 2 caters to my tastes.

Wolfy

Having nightmares means they did their job right.

:/ Most 'scary' movies don't send you home with nightmares.

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on January 17, 2011, 08:59:06 PM
I know, right? and it's one of those games where the Single Player didn't suffer at all from the addition of Multiplayer! :D
Except I won't be able to get all the achievements like I did for Dead Space. >_<
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Wolfy

Quote from: Inkidu on January 19, 2011, 05:48:30 PM
Except I won't be able to get all the achievements like I did for Dead Space. >_<

Why not? :/

Angzyn

So got my new Razer Naga Mouse today so I'm braking it in on wow right now.
Adams and Eves
Cravings:
World of Warcraft
Thundercats (2011)
Legend of Zelda

AllieCat

Ooooo.. I wish more of us were on a single server.. Goldshire's really bad on Moon Guard (the server my mains are on), but an E-guild sounds neat :)

Wolfy

Quote from: Inkidu on January 19, 2011, 05:48:30 PM

Actually, Happy news, Inky. Apparently there are no achievements related to Multiplayer. :P

Wolfy

Quote from: AllieCat on January 19, 2011, 11:28:04 PM
Ooooo.. I wish more of us were on a single server.. Goldshire's really bad on Moon Guard (the server my mains are on), but an E-guild sounds neat :)

:/

I'll never leave my server..Proudmoore forever...I'm in the best guild on the server..literally. o3o

Khanken

I pretty much left WoW and didn't bother with it after level 80 because I couldn't find a good guild, even after paying for a few server hops. Guess I didn't try the right servers.

Aiden

Angry birds on my i-phone.

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on January 19, 2011, 09:19:38 PM
Why not? :/
I lack what you kids today call an Internet connection. I get mine through basically Virizon mobile broadband. Which one cannot game with the Xbox Live. :(

So invariably there will be Ranked Match achievements and I will be unable to acquire them.

You know Microsoft should make two sets One single player card and one multiplayer. That way I can at least get some shallow accomplishment <L<.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Hemingway

Missing out on multiplayer ... I'm not sure I'd consider that a bad thing, actually.

Inkidu

Quote from: Hemingway on January 20, 2011, 06:11:42 PM
Missing out on multiplayer ... I'm not sure I'd consider that a bad thing, actually.
Well there are other bad things too.

My Xbox clock is never right.
No DLC.
No Updates for things like Fallout: New Vegas.

Hemingway

Inkidu

Quote from: Hemingway on January 20, 2011, 06:30:55 PM
Count your blessings!
I would like that last one of my reasons most. Sure multiplayer is when the thirteen-year-old tools come out using the voice changer on the headset, but I would like to try it once.

Wolfy

Quote from: Inkidu on January 20, 2011, 06:10:37 PM
I lack what you kids today call an Internet connection. I get mine through basically Virizon mobile broadband. Which one cannot game with the Xbox Live. :(

So invariably there will be Ranked Match achievements and I will be unable to acquire them.

You know Microsoft should make two sets One single player card and one multiplayer. That way I can at least get some shallow accomplishment <L<.

Actually, it's been confirmed that there are no multiplayer achievements for DS2. It's just there for something fun.

So..yay.

Angzyn

Quote from: AllieCat on January 19, 2011, 11:28:04 PM

Same ;.; (About the wishing we where all on the same servers)

Personally I'm on Stonemaul and Venture Co.   
Adams and Eves
Cravings:
World of Warcraft
Thundercats (2011)
Legend of Zelda

Sabby

I expected them to cry and freak out, but they handled it pretty damn well for kids that young... if they were my kids, I'd probably be comfortable letting them play in a few years.

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on January 20, 2011, 10:32:01 PM
Actually, it's been confirmed that there are no multiplayer achievements for DS2. It's just there for something fun.

So..yay.
Finally someone who's got it right! :)

NikkitaXIX

Grandia for PSX
Fun but I have trouble remembering to play it everyday.

Prototype

The puritan filth, where ivy grows
The poisoned tear, the thorn, the rose
The sin, the pleasure, the sexual urge
Is what I choose for my last dirge

Hemingway

DC Universe Online.

I doubt I'll stick with it longer than until the release of The Old Republic.

Wolfy

Quote from: Inkidu on January 21, 2011, 06:14:29 PM
Finally someone who's got it right! :)

Well, Dead Space has always been about the Singleplayer game.

I think the Multiplayer is just there to kind of Flesh out the setting, much like the movie was for the first one.

In Multiplayer, you have to play as four security officers (Or Engineers, I forget which) and build certain items to stop the necromorphs, like a bomb and such. Of course, we already know that those kind of things don't really work that well, but still..it's just there to show, I think, that the people on the sprawl were at least trying to stop the outbreak without Isaac's help, which shows that at least not everyone was useless when it happened.

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on January 22, 2011, 08:45:32 AM
Well, Dead Space has always been about the Singleplayer game.

I think the Multiplayer is just there to kind of Flesh out the setting, much like the movie was for the first one.

In Multiplayer, you have to play as four security officers (Or Engineers, I forget which) and build certain items to stop the necromorphs, like a bomb and such. Of course, we already know that those kind of things don't really work that well, but still..it's just there to show, I think, that the people on the sprawl were at least trying to stop the outbreak without Isaac's help, which shows that at least not everyone was useless when it happened.
I get that, and it's probably got split screen. They said it was very L4D.

Still, horror games (note not zombie shoot-'em-up free-for-alls) aren't conducive to more than one person. Unless it manages to do what good horror movies do and isolate you from every living being in that theater or your den. Still, I go it mano a evil-mindbendy-monster... O.

Hemingway

*Twitch.* I have nothing to play. Everything good got pushed back. My choices are old games, and uninteresting games...