Interest Check: Resident evil, Worldwide outbreak.

Started by Alexander, July 01, 2008, 02:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexander

Im hoping to get it started soon. Though im waiting on a few replies form other interested people to get back to me.

HorusRe

Query, would you like a couple of totally disposable victim characters?  I often play multiple characters in my RP endeavors and people tell me I'm pretty good at keeping motivations and characterizations divergent.  And this is a game that seems like it is well served by having PC's that are fundamentally marked for zombification.  ;)  If you would like to have an independent character, one that will still be played to the hilt and strive to survive, that just happens to come out of the gate wearing a 1970's era Star Trek redshirt... well, I'd be happy to comply.

Amzer

I'm interested, it was the search for an RP in this setting that lead me here.

Name: Amzer Lock
Height: 5'6
Weight: 172lbs
Distinguishing features: Small spec glasses and a wrist watch with the Umbrella logo printed on it's face.
General Appearance: Slightly tanned skin, though pale. Black haired, dark brown eyes. Round nose and big mouth on top of a small chin. Wearing a pair of black trousers and a white collar shirt. Covering himself with a white lab coat that has been heavily stained with, amongst other dirts and liquids, blood.
Carried Items:

• Beretta M92F [15/15]
  • Combat Knife
  • 3 x Packs of Handgun Ammunition[30]
  • Magnum [3/6]
  • Small Bag [Journal | Map | Memory Card]
  • 2 x Medicinal Herb
  • First Aid Spray
Brief history: [Assuming this takes place in Racoon City]
Having been the leader of the team that brought Aqua Cure to Umbrella, Amzer was able to catch a bit more of information than he would have liked to. After several comments of the facility in Arklay Mountain seemed secretive and almost taboo, his curiosity about it was triggered. He and a colleague then attempted to hack into a higher mainframe in the Umbrella Network they used. After several months of planning and silent execution they achieved entrance to a data frame called "U.M.F.-012", which was linked to a "Red Queen" server.
After starting copying strings of data, his colleague gave warning of some security flags that had been lifted, accompanied by a warning on the computer that read "Unauthorized Access". They continued the sequence until the computer received a data injection and overloaded, dying down.

An alarm was set off, closing doors around the lab. Startled the two scientists start making their way out, Amzer takes out the memory card they were loading, their high level key cards still working on the closing doors, and flee into the forest when they spot several armed guards arrive at the laboratories. After several days of waiting they make their move back into the city, using the sewer system to hide and move around the city. Eventually they manage to hide in the tool shed of a rather old house. Scouting for equipment, food and other needs in the surrounding buildings.

Getting hold of a computer proved difficult, but when they did and started reading the few files they found they were not surprised by the company's reaction. There was a repeated mention of a virus that the company had apparently been experimenting with. After putting together many of the strings together, they come up with the conclusion that the authorities need to read about it. They planned to use the night to get to the RPD, in hopes of them being able to provide them with security in a city almost entirely controlled by Umbrella.
The night arrives and they start moving.

Along the way, through alleys and dark places, they believe they hear screams around them, far away. As they get deeper into the city they end up in large street. Oddly enough a large group of people seem to have gathered there. They try to hide from them, but someone appears to have noticed them and then...moans. All the other people look around at them. Amzer quite confused from the scene starts stepping back, readying to run. But then he spots in the middle of the crowd a small number of people lying down...and some others eating them. One of those lying screams. The rest is history.

Enter the survival horror.

Send me a PM if that character qualifies or not. I'll take a look inside this thread continuosly, but still let me know of important news regarding it, most importantly if it's about starting the RP.

Furthermore, if the case is that I can not play said character let me know under which standards would it be required so I can modify it.
Hope this takes flight.

The American Patriot

"Do you have any idea how we are talking about here? We are talking about the 'Butcher of Keiv'... The 'Cakemaker of Keiv' could kick all of our asses, and we are talking about the 'BUTCHER of Kevi'... Does that tell you anything?"

Story of the Accident... https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=29000.0

MusicNeverDies

I've never seen, read or played RE. +hides+ Don't hurt me.

But it interests me. Any openings?

Alexander

yes there are still openings. In fact i had been waiting for more before starting.

and remember, No knowledge of this series of books/games/movies or anything is required to play ^_^

MusicNeverDies

As far as characters go, what have we got alot of/ what do we need more of?

Alexander

so far, from the look of it we have 3 soldiers, a bartender and a bouncer. so if you wanted to do Scientist, or a civilian, of which the occupation is up to you. or another soldier i wouldnt mind. we dont really need a balance per say.

MusicNeverDies

Le RandomBloke

"Give me all your true hate and I’ll translate it in our bed into never seen passion."

The American Patriot

Hi there again, here is the character i created and was wanting to know if he'd fit in the game...

Name: CW3 Nathaniel Ethan Kaine
Ethnic Group: Caucasian
Height: 6' 1"
Weight: 195lbs.
Hair: Reddish brown w/graying temples
Eyes: Hazel

Distinguishing features: CW3 Nathaniel Kaine has several nasty looking scars on his face, back, left wrist, right shin, right thigh, and right hip. CW3 Nathaniel Kaine wears his reddish-brown hair longer than military regulations normally allow, and has grown a goa-tee thanks to being a Delta Force operative. CW3 Nathaniel Kaine has the fictitious ‘Arashikage ninja clan’ tattoo on his right arm that he and six of his fellow recruits had gotten after graduation from the Ranger Indoctrination Program.

General Appearance: CW3 Nathaniel Ethan Kaine is a somewhat attractive looking 37yr old Caucasian male in excellent physical condition for a man his age, height and build who engages in moderate regular exercise on a daily basis. CW3 Nathaniel Ethan Kaine wears his US Army Combat Uniform that consists of a tan beret (w/flash and rank insignia), an ACU jacket, a pair of ACU trousers, a light tan moisture wicking tee-shirt & boxer-briefs, a pair of brown cushioned soled socks, a pair of desert tan hot weather combat boots, a quartz military watch, a pair of sage Interceptor-X gloves, a set of dogtags w/black silencers, a small pocket bible (WW2 US Army issue originally carried by grandfather & father), St. Christopher’s medal, an extra long Rosary necklace w/black hematite beans & a silver crucifix, sand/black Shemagh headdress, a pair of Uvex XC protective eye wear, a pair of sun/wind/dust goggles, a pair of tactical knee & elbow pads, a PASGT ballistic helmet w/an ACU 2005 Pattern Helmet Cover, MICH 2000 Helmet attachment w/NVG Mount (Die-cut Black EVA Inner Pad), a helmet band, ACU D.A.P./M-Tac 300 Level IIIA Ballistic Vest w/groin & bicep protectors, a skull bean pace cord, Coyote Brown Chest Rig w/pouches holding 4 M4 magazines, 50' nylon rope, repelling harness, binoculars, 4 MK3A2 concussion offensive hand grenades, crookneck flashlight, a PRC 148 Radio w/a headset, an M4 5.56mm carbine w/an M4 Butt Stock magazine pouch holding 2 spare M4 magazines.

Occupation: US Army Special Forces Operational Detachment Delta Warrant Officer

Carried Items: Colt M4 5.56mm carbine w/7 magazines and an M4 Butt Stock magazine pouch holding 2 spare M4 magazines, a ruggedized military Panasonic Toughbook laptop computer w/a rechargeable battery, an iPod w/60GB of assorted music & rechargeable batteries, 1 50' roll of det cord, a curved sword, a satellite phone, 2 210rd bandoliers of 5.56mm ammo, Vietnam tactical ranger tomahawk, Colt M1911A1 MEU(SOC) .45ACP semi-automatic pistol w/5 magazines and surefire light.

Brief history: CW3 Nathaniel Ethan Kaine is a Delta Force operative who had been assigned to extract several persons of importance from an overrun city. CW3 Kaine loathes the term ‘zombie’ to refer to those poor unfortunate souls whom have been infected by the T-Virus, and is responsible for the official nickname “Reanimated Life Form” that the United States Armed Forces is currently using. He also came up with the nicknames “Shambler” (slow moving and very poor coordination), “Spriniter” (fast moving and good coordination), “Twitcher” (fast moving with fast, jerky movements), and “lil’ Rascals” (reanimated children whom seem to possess deadly cunning, speed and maneuverability) for three distinct types of Reanimated Life Forms. CW3 Kaine chose to remain behind after getting his charges and several other civilian survivors onto an evacuation helicopter when it was realized that there was not enough room on the helicopter for himself and several children along with the persons of importance he had been sent to rescue.
"Do you have any idea how we are talking about here? We are talking about the 'Butcher of Keiv'... The 'Cakemaker of Keiv' could kick all of our asses, and we are talking about the 'BUTCHER of Kevi'... Does that tell you anything?"

Story of the Accident... https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=29000.0

Lorelei

Hi!  Do you have room for another?  I would play a female scientist or civilian and a very willing victim.  :)

Alexander

yes, there is more room ^_^ *Awaits Replies form 2 people before starting it up*