Marvel Presents... X-Mas A Mutant Holiday Special (freeform)

Started by Lyrical, November 24, 2021, 07:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyrical

More approved! I'll keep updating the list in the original post.

X-Men Characters Approved So Far:
Character  -  Player
Professor X - reserved by GM
Marvel Girl (Jean Grey) - reserved by GM
Nightcrawler (Kari Wagner) - Kadigan
Shadowcat (Kitty Pryde) - Levi
Storm (Ororo Munroe) - Wolfling72
Rogue (Anna Marie) - CandyLips
Morph (Sidney Sydney) - Foxy DeVille
BEAST ... pending - Lady Lunarius

/with Special Guest Star  DEADPOOL (Wade Wilson) - RedPhoenix

Quote from: BlackStone on November 26, 2021, 04:31:29 AM
Looks in from his jail cell Maybe...when they let me out and my body stops wanting to kill me....

Does it have to be from the 97 era, or is any canon acceptable?

You're welcome to join in at anytime. If we've already begun just send me a PM or Discord me.

We are not worrying about canon in any way. Any X-Mutant is welcome. Just remember to keep the power levels down (no Omega)

Quote from: Kadigan on November 26, 2021, 01:10:47 PM
So far it’s an X-Women holiday special.
Santa is going to be delivering a lot of Victoria Secrets gift sets this holiday season to Xavier Mansion.

Quote from: Wolfling72 on November 26, 2021, 01:12:23 PM
I know...I wanna drag people over to write some guys...OR do it mah self.
I'm allowing up to 2 characters each. I just ask that the 2nd character is a lesser known X-Men

But if you have friends that might like to join, please encourage them to do so.

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on November 26, 2021, 03:46:29 PM
your wish is my command. I mean...what?

Who shall I victimise... I mean...play?
I'm keeping a running list of those taken so far. See top of this post.

I mean no one has taken Eye-Scream yet? haha  Just saving the best for someone

Quote from: Armphid on November 26, 2021, 04:07:21 PM
The idea of a light hearted X-Men Xmas story is very appealing. 

Would a Cyclops be welcome?  I could also go Colossus.  Any preferences?
Armphid, you're welcome to join with any character you know that. Pick whichever one seems the most fun to play.

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on November 26, 2021, 04:50:49 PM
Can I  put a pin on Beast
YES! I was hoping someone would pick the big lovable blue fur ball

Lady Lunarius

Beast
Name: Hank McCoy
Gender Identity: Male
Physical Description:
Height: 5' 11''
Eyes: Brown (Gold flecks throughout when he's not using his cloaking tech)
Hair: Blue all over (Black when he's using his cloaking tech)
Covered in blue fur from head to toe, unusually hands and feet, and fangs that protrude slightly past his lips.

Education/Trade:  Studying Bio-chemistry.

Mannerisms | Habits:
Hank is a mild mannered man, despite what his appearance would have people believe. He has a fondness for poetry and reading. He grew up with a thirst for knowledge that has never waned and has thrived under Xavier's instruction.

Backstory:
Due to his father's work at a nuclear power plant; Hank was, unlike most mutants, born a mutant. Unusually large hands and feet were the first signs of his mutation, along with his agility and strength. It brought attention to himself, especially the attentions of Charles Xavier. He was able to hide in plain sight up until his college years when it was exposed that he was in fact a mutant. His football career and college career seemed over until he met the X-Men.
Always one to thirst for knowlege, Hank took the opportunity to learn from Charles and joined him at his school for the Gifted where he has been studying to his hearts content since.

Powers | Abilities:
Superhuman Strenth, speed, agility, endurance and desterity: He can press 2,000 lbs, and leap up to heights of 22 feet. He can climb walls and smash through thick walls. He has been known to run up to 40 miles perhour and can run three times faster than most well trained athleats. He has a quick healing factor and can withstand falls of up to three stories.

Beast

LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Lyrical

Character  -  Player
Beast (Hank McCoy) - Lady Lunarius

Welcome to the X-men! The Beast is now on the list!

Still accepting characters

The plan at this point is that I'll get the RP threads posted on Tues, Nov 30th so that we'll begin just as December starts.

Armphid

CYCLOPS
Name: Scott Summers
Gender Identity: Male (Pansexual)
Physical Description: Scott is tall and in excellent physical condition but with a lean and thin build, giving him the occasional nickname "Slim."
Height: 6'3"
Eyes: Good question (listed as Blue in the orphanage records)
Hair: Brown
Scott is never without a special pair of ruby quartz sunglasses to contain his optic blasts

Education/Trade:  Mutant Adventurer isn't really a field of study.  Scott officially has a Bachelor's Degree in Education but has a number of other certifications and licenses.  He has also done a stint as a DJ at a local radio station that had yet to automate everything.  He has considered becoming a pilot like his father was (according to records, anyway) but has been reluctant to leave Xavier's and the X-Men.

Mannerisms | Habits: Scott tends to listen before he speaks and is often quiet until he slips in a quip or one liner that seems to come out of nowhere, his reserve giving him an edge for deadpan humor.  He is something of a stoic but is deeply emotional and passionate beneath the surface.  He secretly craves acceptance and affection, while feeling undeserving of either.  He likes trying to get people to play him in pool, which given his abilities and training he is more than able to hustle people at.  He tends to feel closest to other mutants whose powers have side effects that make life difficult but often has trouble expressing himself.  He's a fan of retro technology, vehicles in particular, and has restored more than one vintage motorcycle.  He can become annoyed when people ask him to differentiate things by color, since everything is in shades of red to him.

Backstory: After being orphaned in an apparent plane crash, young Scott Summers was comatose for over a year before coming out of it at the State Home for Foundlings outside of Omaha, Nebraska and grew up bullied and abused before running away shortly after an accident with his newly emerged mutant powers.  A series of misadventures he was found by Charles Xavier and taken as a student and soon as one of the first X-Men.  He has been at the school ever since and become a multifaceted adventurer and superhero.  He once longed for a normal life, but realized a few years ago that he doesn't even really know what that means.  The school has become his home and the X-Men his family.   

Powers | Abilities:
Optic Blast: Cyclops possesses the mutant ability to project a powerful beam of concussive, ruby-colored force from his eyes. Cyclops' powers come from ambient energies (such as solar radiation, photons, and cosmic rays) absorbed and metabolized by his body into concussive blasts that are released from his eyes.

Spatial Awareness: Cyclops possesses an uncanny sense of trigonometry, in this sense used to describe his observation of objects around himself and the angles found between surfaces of these objects. Cyclops has repeatedly demonstrated the ability to cause his optic blasts to ricochet and/or reflect off those objects in a trajectory to his liking. This is commonly called a "banked shot" when applied to this talent.

Power Resistance: Cyclops is resistant to the effects of his own powers.
[tr][td]
My ONs/OFFs and Other Info

One-on-One Ideas/Interests

Group Ideas/Interests[/td][td]     [/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

evilnerf

Captain Britain
Name: Betsy Braddock
Gender Identity: Female
Physical Description: Athletic build with
Height: 5′11″ (1.8 m)
Weight: 155 lbs (70.31 kg)
Eyes: Violet (currently)
Hair: Dyed Purple,

Education/Trade:  Betsy is currently working as Captain Britain and takes frequent trips into the Otherworld or to her home country of Britain. She is returning back to Xavier's for the holidays.

Mannerisms | Habits:
Betsy is a girl from a posh, aristocratic family in Britain.  She is usually bright, happy and friendly.  However, her time as Psylocke has left her with scars and deep sense of resolve.

Backstory:
Betsy Braddock has had a wild ride.  She was first Captain Britain's sister having grown up in England, she became a supermodel.  However, she was hiding her mutant powers.  A short time after she attempted to be a superhero herself using her powers, an accident resulted in her being trapped in the body of Kwannon, making her the X-Man known as Psylocke. 

However, more recently, the two of them became separated once again.  After only a short time, she gave up the role of Psylocke, relinquishing it to Kwannon to take up the mantle if she so chose.  Instead, she replaced her Brother as Captain Briton and now serves as a go between for Mutantkind, the United Kingdom, and the dimensional Otherworld. 

Powers | Abilities:
Betsy Braddock has all the powers of Psylocke, including telekinesis and telepathy, with a specialty in creating weapons from telekinetic energy.  After assuming the role of Captain Britain, she has also gained the powers of that Mantle including flight, super strength, and super resilience.

Lyrical

Character  -  Player
Cyclops (Scott Summers) - Armphid

Welcome to the X-men! Cyclops is now on the list!

Still accepting characters

Quote from: evilnerf on November 26, 2021, 07:31:05 PM
Captain Britain...
Hi evilnerf, great character, just a quick modification needed. Age range is to be 19-26

Had a couple people ask me via PM some setting questions.

Q:  Is the world aware of mutants? / What is the World view on mutants?

A:  Yes, and it's a love/hate relationship as always. No major events have occurred in this universe. The world has only known about them for a few years and there are other super heroes so it's all influx.   BUT That won't matter much as this is a short term group centered around the single Holiday Season events.  It will all take place in/around the Xavier School for the Gifted

Q:  Relationships? Smut?

A:  This is a unique universe, there are no specific relationships of any kind other than they all know each other through the school. Any inter-personal relationships can be worked out as we write. 

A: SMUT?  This is a short term group NOT centered around smut. There won't be any time for it.  Maybe in a part 2 or future group it's possible

Q:  Why does Deadpool get special considerations?

A:   Because FUN and due to movie licensing rights, we have certain contractual obligations that we need to make.

Yes, Deadpool we have filled your bowl with green skittles only and your size 12 sequined red high heels are on the way.

Lyrical

Quicksilver
Name: Pietro Maximoff
Gender Identity:  Male (He/Him)

Physical Description:
5'10"
Blue Eyes
Silver Hair with flow
Lean Athletic build

Education/Trade:  First year uni studies, unsure of what he's studying for college (Art?)

Mannerisms | Habits:
Always with headphones, playing music even when headphones aren't on. Sometimes has trouble staying still for longer durations, part of his need to always be doing something. Eats ALL the time

Backstory:
Kidnapped, held hostage, it's all so very dramatic, tragic and boring. We are not going to get into it. Has a sister, she's sort of famous, you'd like her.

Came to Xavier's in teens and is well known for ending up in situations where something bad happens or otherwise something gets broken. Pranks may or may not be involved. Occasionally comes into personal conflict with the do-gooders of the group

"I don't cause trouble, it just finds me... but yes, I did eat all the ice cream.... and the cake. No I didn't notice the writing on the cake. I didn't know it was Jean's birthday."

Powers | Abilities:
Superhuman Speed - fast.. so very very fast. And all the things needed to go along with that.

"I also speak English, Russian, and Serbian... I know a great joke in Serbian about a Russian bear, a bottle of vodka, and a stripper. Would you like to hear it?"

evilnerf

Quote from: Sarita on November 27, 2021, 09:55:50 AM

Hi evilnerf, great character, just a quick modification needed. Age range is to be 19-26

Seems like a weird limit, but okay

Lyrical

Quote from: evilnerf on November 27, 2021, 10:37:23 AM
Seems like a weird limit, but okay
They are all supposed to be students. So I kept it in the general age range of those that are students at the school.

Take a look over my original post again and let me know when you've finished making changes to your sheet.

evilnerf

Armphid

Quote from: Sarita on November 27, 2021, 09:55:50 AMWelcome to the X-men! Cyclops is now on the list!

Thank you! 

Lady Lunarius, do you think Hank would be able and willing to help Scott with a surprise Xmas gift for one of their comrades?  I have a great idea (that's partly stolen) but I'm not sure if Scott would have the skill to pull it off on his own. 

Also, Sarita, I apologize for bringing the topic up again but would you be open to players creating side threads if they did want their characters to engage in, to use a technical term, "the freaky-deaky?"  I 100% promise that it is not my intent to do so and I will not try in any way to include in this game.  It will be light hearted, sweet, and emotional fun. 
[tr][td]
My ONs/OFFs and Other Info

One-on-One Ideas/Interests

Group Ideas/Interests[/td][td]     [/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Armphid on November 27, 2021, 11:36:09 AM
Thank you! 

Lady Lunarius, do you think Hank would be able and willing to help Scott with a surprise Xmas gift for one of their comrades?  I have a great idea (that's partly stolen) but I'm not sure if Scott would have the skill to pull it off on his own. 

Also, Sarita, I apologize for bringing the topic up again but would you be open to players creating side threads if they did want their characters to engage in, to use a technical term, "the freaky-deaky?"  I 100% promise that it is not my intent to do so and I will not try in any way to include in this game.  It will be light hearted, sweet, and emotional fun.

Hank would be pleased to help Scott in his venture of seducing...I mean...gifting their comrade, any way he can.
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

evilnerf

Ya know what I think I'm going to pass after all.  Best of luck.

Lyrical

Quote from: Armphid on November 27, 2021, 11:36:09 AM
Sure, I'll make a side thread for it just in case. That way it won't interfere with the main thread.

I hope to get all the threads posted on Tuesday, Nov 30th so people can begin posting. I'll be sure to make links here and announce when they are open.

Levi

A Working Progress.             Posting responses are: Slow.    Updated

BlackStone

Lyrical

We still have a lot of X-mutants on the table, including a pile of funny random ones that would be good in a lighthearted short term RP like this one

Character  -  Player
Cyclops (Scott Summers) - Armphid
Quicksilver (Pietro Maximoff) - Sarita
Prodigy by Blackstone is pending...

Quote from: BlackStone on November 27, 2021, 02:40:31 PM
Tenative place holder for David Alleyne aka Prodigy
Prodigy is on hold for you

Lyrical

The OOC is now active: HERE

And you can post your approved characters: HERE

Couple small edits: 

Just a note that I put this into the Light: Exotic Small Groups category because some of our X-mutants are a bit on the furry side

Also, we are still accepting character submissions