Previous topic - Next topic

Hecate

So embrace the darkness and I will help you see
That you can be limitless and fearless, if you follow me
We are the lions in a world of lambs
We are the predators

≺⟡≻ [ Availability: O P E N ] ≺⟡≻

Hello, and welcome.
≺⟡≻ I'll be skipping over introductions and will direct those interested in learning more about me to please check my primary search thread and my O&O thread.

≺⟡≻ In this request thread I am detailing a prompt for a modern story with a high-profile serial killer and an escaped victim. First and foremost, please be aware that this story will contain very dark content. There exist a very real possibility that one or both of the main characters may die and a statistically slim chance that this will have any semblance of a "happy" ending. Some of the dark themes expected within this storyline include (but are not limited to): violence/torture, mental and emotional manipulation, coercion, sexual tension, possible seduction, lust/hate dynamic, stalking/obsession, possessiveness, abuse (emotional, psychological, and physical), sadism, possible corruption, possible blood-play, possible knife-play (and other sharp instruments), and possible dub-con/non-con (all non-con, should we choose to include it, will be written exclusively as what it is - non-consensual, i.e. rape - and will not be fetishized by or include any manner of enjoyment from the victim). I do not have any stipulations about my partner's real life gender, but I am envisioning this scenario with my partner in the male serial killer role opposite my female character as the escaped victim.

In the interest of full disclosure I was very much struggling to put the concept in to pretty but succinct words and ultimately decided I was overelaborating, so I whittled it down to the essentials. If any of this is unclear please feel free to ask any questions via PM. 

≺⟡≻   Finer details of the story are still up for discussion and this thread mainly serves to outline the general premise. The major elements of note will be as follows:

• The Killer: A highly intelligent, highly elusive man that has captivated much of the nation with his particular brand of terror. He is a masterful tactician and manipulator and always seems one step ahead of the authorities. He considers himself a predator among prey and an artist in every sense of the word. Journalists have not been shy about comparing him to the most notorious of serial killers. At the start of the story he is believed to be dead, having "perished" in a fire that occurred during an FBI confrontation. Obviously, this was a ruse orchestrated by The Killer to throw authorities off his trail so that he can focus on finding The Survivor.
  • The Survivor: A young college student who was in the wrong place at the wrong time, or simply caught the eye of the wrong man. Before The Killer got his claws in her she was possessing all the hallmarks of youth; idealism, naivete, and wonder. After the harrowing ordeal of fighting for her life, however, she no longer harbors such sentiments and struggles to make it through the rest of her life day by day, haunted by nightmares of the man who abducted her.
  • The Agent: Very intelligent in his own right, he's a fairly new addition to the BAU when the team is assigned to the case. He develops a particular fixation on the investigation and when The Survivor is rescued he is the one she opens up to about her experiences. They establish a rapport and bond relatively quickly as she comes to trust him, and he vows to keep her safe and bring The Killer to justice. (This one can be played as an NPC/tertiary character or, should my partner be interested, as a secondary or even possible love interest.
  • Timeline: It's been just under five years since The Survivor escaped and in that time she has been kept in Witness Protection for her own safety. At the time of the start of the story the "anniversary" of her escape is just a month away, when the news announces that The Killer's remains were found among the ashes of the fire. That evening The Agent arrives to confirm the information and advises she can finally return to her previous life. Of course, her removal from WitSec and subsequent return to her old life plays right into The Killer's hand and on the anniversary of her escape is when he plans to make his comeback.

NOTES

So there's a lot to unpack here, but that can mostly be done as a joint effort. I'm envisioning The Killer as an amalgamation of all the usual sophisticated, charismatic, and sociopathic suspects (Hannibal Lector, Ted Bundy, Kilgrave, Loki, etc.) but I'll leave the how and why of his origin to my partner. Since we will most likely be starting well after the last interaction between The Killer and The Survivor I imagine we will want to iron out details of how she escaped and what he did to her, if anything, while she was captive. I'm also open to writing that scene as a bit of a prologue, if desired. As for the relationship between Killer and Survivor, it can go a couple of ways. Either he's had a long-standing fixation on her and those he killed before her were simply surrogates he kidnapped, assaulted, and ultimately killed when they no longer satisfied him OR she initially is just another victim until she escapes him and he then becomes intrigued by and obsessed with her, seeing something in her his previous victims did not possess. Which of those paths we choose to explore will most likely determine if his objective when he finds her will simply be revenge or to coerce her into joining him. The psychological and emotional aspects are what appeal to me most in this, like how her first encounter with him changed her fundamentally as a persona and molded her into someone who refuses to go down without a fight, yet also recognizes a darkness in herself she never knew she was capable of. I honestly have so much I could say about this but I kept it short for now as I was having far too much difficulty summarizing, but we can talk about it more during the plotting phase.

• Post Length: While quality is desirable over quantity, it's also extremely rare for me to write anything less than 800 words, so a partner on the same wavelength is optimal.
    • Post Frequency: I don't typically impose a frequency rate for posts from my partners, however if possible I would like to try and keep it to a minimum of one post a week. That said, I fully understand real life takes precedence and I will be accommodating to such circumstances.
    • Communication: This is crucial for me, and ideally would include the use of off-site messengers like Discord. While PMs are fine I dislike how the waiting around for a response slows everything down. Consistent communication also goes a long way toward building a rapport with my partner and helps to keep me invested in our story. The roleplay itself will still take place on-site.
    • Collaboration: Regardless of the length of the roleplay we are still writing it together and I expect my partner to put in equal effort to move the story along. I refuse to carry the narrative alone.
    • Partners: As mentioned previously I do not care what your real life gender is, but I would like a partner very comfortable with writing violence and dark themes in great detail.
    • Faceclaims & Visual Storytelling: I use faceclaims (real life photos, usually) and templates for my characters when posting and will also use additional images in a post where it fits. A partner who does the same or similar would be nice but is not required.
    • Kinks: Should we opt to include the more sexual element (in a consensual or dub-con scenario) I see this particular story as featuring some D/s, rough/violent sex, possible bondage, dirty talk/light degradation, biting/scratching, possible blood and/or knife play, possible marking/scarification. Open to some suggestion, barring Offs. 

Now if you're still with me and still interested please send me a private message with any details you'd like to add or discuss.

Hecate