Apply for volunteer work? Places I could go, websites, etc?

Started by Twisted Crow, January 23, 2019, 12:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twisted Crow

With things opening up in my life I feel like I need to be more active in the world around me. I might look locally, but what are some places you might recommend for volunteer work? Websites and various causes that you might suggest here in the states?

My thanks.

Nico

Mind you, I am not from the States, but I can imagine that organisations like The Red Cross is always looking for volunteers.

RedPhoenix

If there's no particular cause you're into, I've found my local food bank is a great place to send people looking to volunteer.
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Mirrah

Quote from: RedPhoenix on January 23, 2019, 01:08:00 PM
If there's no particular cause you're into, I've found my local food bank is a great place to send people looking to volunteer.

Food banks are good for it, and shelters as well. I sometimes volunteer on weekends at a local food bank; I think they tend to generally need help. I find it to be very rewarding, even if sometimes, I come out of it with my body saying I've used up all my spoons for the day that morning. XD I totally encourage you to look into it! I'd Google local organizations, and give places that sound like ones you'd like to help at a call for more information because they might have a certain way they do sign-ups or scheduling to make certain they have enough manpower for certain days.
"Dream... not of what you are... but of what you want to be." - Margulis
Status: Closed. Semi Hiatus. | Have you taken care of yourself today?

Iniquitous

Homeless shelters, food banks, animal shelters, senior centers/ nursing homes, become a cuddle volunteer in a hospital nursery, check the children's hospital.
Bow to the Queen; I'm the Alpha, the Omega, everything in between.

Mirrah

Quote from: Iniquitous on January 26, 2019, 10:50:35 PM
Homeless shelters, food banks, animal shelters, senior centers/ nursing homes, become a cuddle volunteer in a hospital nursery, check the children's hospital.

I so want to become a cuddle volunteer! :o Thank you, Ini!
"Dream... not of what you are... but of what you want to be." - Margulis
Status: Closed. Semi Hiatus. | Have you taken care of yourself today?